Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    Well I can down load a world from The Exchange and they show up in the right place. But not from the games I paid for like Roaring Heights, Midnight Hollow , Aurora Skies will not show up in the sims 3 launcher as world I can play.

I see that it shows you own those worlds on your page, so you should be able to either install them from the store page or from your purchase history. If you already downloaded them, they should be in the downloads folders of your sims 3 folder in your documents and they should show in your launcher (but if you have a lot showing your launcher, you might not see them).

You can move the downloads folder out to safe keep all your downloads in case you want to reinstall them at a later date. Moving the files out of this folder will NOT uninstall them, just hide them from view, hopefully so you can see your worlds. Create a new folder called downloads there in the sims 3 folder and just copy the worlds files back in (if they were there) or download them again.

Now you should see them in your launcher and be able to tell if they are installed or need to be installed.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I had Hidden spring show up as a world Lunar lakes show up as a world. I installed them but when I go to pick a world to play . they do not show up . And I download Roaring Heights it show up as a object not aworld
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited November 2015
    gmomasue wrote: »
    I had Hidden spring show up as a world Lunar lakes show up as a world. I installed them but when I go to pick a world to play . they do not show up . And I download Roaring Heights it show up as a object not aworld

Sounds like you need the Store Content Patch some people need it some don't. So if you haven't updated go offline and uncheck automatic game updates. But either way you will need to be online and and start the Launcher may take a couple times for it to show up and install it just make sure it's for the Store Patch.
    And FYI it doesn't matter if the store worlds are still in Downloads folder or not once installed they don't need to stay in there same goes for any store download but I would recommend backing up both your downloads folder and Content patch folder for the future.
    Documents>EA>The Sims 3>Content Patch

"Edit"
    Also do not remove the folders themselves just make copies of them and if you remove downloads from the Downloads folder do not remove the 2 files in there just the downloads
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited November 2015
    Here is my main concern. Forgive me if this has been covered and I missed it.

Due to the glitch with the .tmp files bloating the dccache folder by doubling store content and making my game run super slow (even though I have a good gaming puter), I bought an older disc to be able to bypass launching my game with the launcher. Is this update going to take away the ability to boot up with the ts3w.exe file? And if so, if you need to put the games on a new computer, is it possible to avoid the update if all your EPs and SPs are Origin downloads? Buying physical discs for all EPs and SPs would not help because later discs are Origin based, is that correct? I have the physical disc for base game and the super patch file, but would need to download my EPs and SPs from Origin.

Also when I just now opened the launcher it said the store content needed patching (which it did sometimes even before this and when everything was already updated). So if I don't update, will staying on the 1.67 affect ability to use store content?

For some who have posted that their games are not showing up in Origin, are you using Sim Game Selector? (which does exactly what this update gives us the ability to do, turn off the EPs or SPs you don't need to use in a game) I noticed that the EPs I have turned off with SGS are not showing up as being downloaded in Origin anymore. Even though I have not updated. And that was probably how it was before this update but I just never noticed.

EDIT: Ok, since I'm going to have to try this out with a new puter may as well start now. I'm going in....

If I don't make it back alive, @mothersuperior2 I leave my models and my catwalk to you. Please throw them some lettuce every now and then. (NO CANDY!) :D
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited November 2015
    @ZeeGee Yes you can still download and install items from the Store with Patch 1.67 I already tried and was able too.
    Also the Store Patch is different from the Game Patch I don't have the Store Patch and my items work but some people do need the Store Patch for the items to show up and work.
  • Wizard SwearsWizard Swears Posts: 33 Member
    Okay, well, I was told to post my issue here, so here it goes! Updated to 1.69. Removed all CC beforehand, including mods. Put them back in after everything was finished, got rid of any Mods that were for the old patch, then started it up. My game is absolutely unplayable now. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I cannot rotate my camera using my mouse anymore. Everytime I try and rotate / tilt it, my game freezes solid for a good 5-10 minutes. I have never, ever had this problem before. Been playing this particular family for around four months real time, and they have barley even hiccup'd, let alone froze. I even tried to make a new family in a new town, and nope, same thing is happening.

I'm very upset about this. It's basically made this game unusable to me.
    @ScottDemon Thank you :)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    It's nice that TS3 finally got an update. I wonder if some of the issues were addressed or not because The Sims 3 has a lot of issues and bugs. I still like it despite its issues.

I've noticed the Launcher is changed compared.. I also wonder if the SecuROM activation was removed because I don't a De-authorize button anywhere.

Too bad the Mac users won't get the update. Of course they can use Boot Camp or virtualization software (e.g., VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop for Mac) to run Windows but I don't think EA or the SimGurus officially support using Boot Camp or virtualization software to install Windows to run PC-only software. The Mac users have ran Windows on their Macs to run The Sims 3 Create a World and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection which were PC only, they also used Windows for The Sims 3 downloads prior to Origin for Mac as well as The Sims 4 before the Mac release.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    edited November 2015
    It's nice that TS3 finally got an update. I wonder if some of the issues were addressed or not because The Sims 3 has a lot of issues and bugs. I still like it despite its issues.

I've noticed the Launcher is changed compared.. I also wonder if the SecuROM activation was removed because I don't a De-authorize button anywhere.

Too bad the Mac users won't get the update. Of course they can use Boot Camp or virtualization software (e.g., VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop for Mac) to run Windows but I don't think EA or the SimGurus officially support using Boot Camp or virtualization software to install Windows to run PC-only software. The Mac users have ran Windows on their Macs to run The Sims 3 Create a World and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection which were PC only, they also used Windows for The Sims 3 downloads prior to Origin for Mac as well as The Sims 4 before the Mac release.

If you mean bug and glitch fixes no and SecuROM was removed from the BG but not the EP's and SP's and the Mac users are lucky they didn't get this update alot peoples games have been totally ruined and rendered unplayable because of this update and it also seems those with this new patch have lost the ability to download and install Store items.
    After seeing more posts about completely borked games, I chickened out. Also I've read the new update forces you to boot through the launcher, which means the dccache folders will bloat up with tmp files making the game slooow and laggy. Unless the tmp file glitch issue has been fixed with this update? @crinrict Is that something you can test please?
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @ZeeGee so I don't get the catwalk thread? ;)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    OK, I have some updates on my issues. Much like with Crin, The launcher "fixed" itself and now it shows the start page. And the game minimized itself after starting because of my mods. I removed them to test and now the game launches normally. Nothing to do with reshade.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    Okay, well, I was told to post my issue here, so here it goes! Updated to 1.69. Removed all CC beforehand, including mods. Put them back in after everything was finished, got rid of any Mods that were for the old patch, then started it up. My game is absolutely unplayable now. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I cannot rotate my camera using my mouse anymore. Everytime I try and rotate / tilt it, my game freezes solid for a good 5-10 minutes. I have never, ever had this problem before. Been playing this particular family for around four months real time, and they have barley even hiccup'd, let alone froze. I even tried to make a new family in a new town, and nope, same thing is happening.

First, try clearing your game folder's 4-5 cache files. But then when you start up, make sure that the EPs you intend to play with are still checked as it has been reported that clearing caches also clears the checked selections in the new EP/SP Picker function.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

If that doesn't help, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents onto your Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to create a new one upon launch. You will have no store or custom content, downloaded sims, worlds, mods, saves, etc. but those will all be safe in the pulled folder and can be put back later. Can you get a new game going on the clean game folder?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »

First, try clearing your game folder's 4-5 cache files. But then when you start up, make sure that the EPs you intend to play with are still checked as it has been reported that clearing caches also clears the checked selections in the new EP/SP Picker function.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

If that doesn't help, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents onto your Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to create a new one upon launch. You will have no store or custom content, downloaded sims, worlds, mods, saves, etc. but those will all be safe in the pulled folder and can be put back later. Can you get a new game going on the clean game folder?

Unfortunately none of that worked for him I helped him with that on another thread.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    OK, I have some updates on my issues. Much like with Crin, The launcher "fixed" itself and now it shows the start page. And the game minimized itself after starting because of my mods. I removed them to test and now the game launches normally. Nothing to do with reshade.

I'd like to add that now that I experimented with the mods, the only mods causing the minimizing are the core mods. I had 2. I didn't see any error message because of them, but I removed them anyway.

I'd like to add that now that I experimented with the mods, the only mods causing the minimizing are the core mods. I had 2. I didn't see any error message because of them, but I removed them anyway.
    If NRaas ErrorTrap happens to be one of the core mods in question, the new Patch 1.69 version is available here:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Testing
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • NevaehellNevaehell Posts: 62 Member
    Posted this in a separate post in tech discussion but was informed of the comments here:

Hey all,

Recently reinstalled my TS3 games (all SPs and all EPs bar IP and ItF) on Win 10 (was previously on and had no issues). Updated to most recent patch and ever since, my sim has not received any mail. No bills, no book club novels; nothing. Was wondering if this was a potential glitch with the patch (game was started brand new after the patch came out) or if it is something else. I have no mods currently, and no changes have been made to my game.
    Anyone know a fix for this or what may actually be happening? Or anyone having similar weird experiences?

Thanks in advance!
    edited November 2015
    Why can't I get onto MyPage since the patch? Is it an entirely different problem? It tells me it's an unsafe site, not a private connection, that hackers may be trying to steal my password. Never had this problem before. What's going on? >:)

@SimGuruDrake - can you advise please?
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
    Why can't I get onto MyPage since the patch? Is it an entirely different problem? It tells me it's an unsafe site, not a private connection, that hackers may be trying to steal my password. Never had this problem before. What's going on? >:)

There does seem to be something happening with the site I was able to get into the Store earlier and later got the same problem you did I changed my password just to be safe.
    @Nevaehell - I responded on your original thread as that does not sound like a patch related issue.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @ScottDemon don't like the sound of this, and I'm getting really fed up. Has this ever happened to you before? :rage:

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
    edited November 2015
    @ScottDemon don't like the sound of this, and I'm getting really fed up. Has this ever happened to you before? :rage:

No not like this I've had problems login to the Store before but that turned out later to just be the site being updated or my ISP was having trouble with their servers this seems a little different to be honest :|
    It could be nothing to worry about but I would change my password just to be safe you never know this patch did anger alot of people.
    @crinrict Sorry if I am making a fuss about nothing, and have overlooked something I should have done, but are you aware of anyone else having this problem?

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    @mothersuperior2 I had the same thing happen with me. I could choose "I understand the risks" or "Get me out of here". I chose "get me out of here" of course. :)
    @Kelleygirl exactly what I did ... Wonder if anyone is going to tell us what is going on? :'(

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals