Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small update coming to the PC version of The Sims 3

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow (November 12) The Sims 3 website will be undergoing maintenance from 9am PT. During this time you may have issues accessing the The Sims 3 website. An update will also be available via Origin for The Sims 3 on PC only, which will include a new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager.

You can find out more information about the update and the new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager in this FAQ: http://help.ea.com/article/new-launcher-for-the-sims-3/

You can prepare to obtain The Sims 3 update by updating to the latest version of Origin, you will receive the latest version the next time you launch the Origin client.

If you have Origin running:
    • In the top left, select Origin
    • Click Exit
    • Re-launch Origin

You will automatically be updated to the latest version of Origin (Version 9.10.2.4863)
    You can verify you have the latest Origin client by selecting HELP>ABOUT

You are now ready to receive The Sims 3 update tomorrow 12th November

Happy Simming!

When will you be releasing an update for Mac users?

Hello Bluebellflora!

At this time the update is only for Windows PC users. Though I want to add on that we are aware that some Mac users are experiencing an issue with TS3 on new Macs and we are still looking into this. If those users who are experiencing that particular issue could provide me with their system specs it would help greatly.

The information we need is located in the about this mac > system report > save the report as a text file (or take a screenshot) and send it. That will have all the information needed for the team.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hello Bluebellflora!

At this time the update is only for Windows PC users. Though I want to add on that we are aware that some Mac users are experiencing an issue with TS3 on new Macs and we are still looking into this. If those users who are experiencing that particular issue could provide me with their system specs it would help greatly.

The information we need is located in the about this mac > system report > save the report as a text file (or take a screenshot) and send it. That will have all the information needed for the team.
    Wow. Okay...while you are waiting for @Bluebellflora 's response, I direct your attention if I may to the beginning of this thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/840249/macs-that-have-intel-iris-graphics/p1

The newer Mac graphics card issue and the list of those affected could not possibly be better documented than that and, as you will see, the list was just updated a few weeks ago.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HarryJacko10HarryJacko10 Posts: 53 Member
    edited November 2015
    Who had a problem installing a content from the sims 3 store, and doesn't work with the new patch 1.69? :(
    45175002624_2935fd76c6_b.jpg
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2015
    The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager.
    Oh nice! :)<3 I have never played Sims 3...Will there be one for Sims 4? (Crosses fingers) smileys-praying-554778.gif

• ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Well this new patch gives me nothing I want and screwed up my game. I didn't realize there was a patch beyond 1.67 when I reinstalled my game. Very frustrating. I hope they are sincere about getting CAW to work again.
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    Clayworld wrote: »
    Well this new patch gives me nothing I want and screwed up my game. I didn't realize there was a patch beyond 1.67 when I reinstalled my game. Very frustrating. I hope they are sincere about getting CAW to work again.

@Clayworld ...YIKES! Maybe I should be happy there isn't one for Sims 4? :o
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

Considering that EIG hasn't been functional since 2012 for anyone who has a version of the game tied to Origin, I'm highly skeptical that they will do anything of the sort. Besides, all the people who worked on that tool are probably long gone.

Sorry to be so negative, but EA has trained me so well. ;)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    I have had years of frustration caused by various Sim Gurus saying they are working on a fix for whatever and that fix almost never eventuates. That's one of the reasons I have been so negative about Sims 4. And why I have so far not launched Origin for a few days no so don't have this new update. Since I rarely launch Origin I am hoping I can get away with never having to launch it again.

@Clayworld ...YIKES! Maybe I should be happy there isn't one for Sims 4? :o

Don't worry, they already have Sims 4 boxed in just the way they like it. Those of us who just want to be left alone with Sims 3 don't get to.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited November 2015

The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager.
    Oh nice! :)<3 I have never played Sims 3...Will there be one for Sims 4? (Crosses fingers) smileys-praying-554778.gif

That's a good idea I hope the Sims 4 gets it also >:)
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    So. I updated my game and have been thinking of just playing the base game since I haven't in a long time XD The thing is, I bought TS3 base game in an edition with seasons included. So if I decide to only play the base game and nothing else, not even seasons, will it run properly you think or will I mess it up?

Another question, I have almost all achievements and just wanted to make sure I don't lose any of those related to an EP I don't want to play at the moment, like if I remove everything except the base game, will my page still display the achievements I have for all the EPs?

Thanks for any reply :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @JackOnYourBack they should still be considered separate entities. I've bought world "bundles" and had to download and install each world separately. Did you install your game and expansion separately?
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    @BSIRegina I don't remember if I did install the base game and seasons separately even though they came on the same disc. I think it should work that way though :/ Not sure as it was a while back. I could try running it without seasons but I don't want to risk messing anything up if its supposed to be played together when its sold as such. Especially as this possibility with playing only chosen EP and SP wasn't thought of when it was released.
    I definitely understand your concerns @JackOnYourBack and if you do get brave enough to try it just try launching the game and starting with a new world rather than loading a save.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    @JackOnYourBack - No matter how they were packaged together, even if on the same disc, the base game and Seasons would still be considered distinct by all elements of the game. You should be fine there, though trying to start up a saved game that has already seen Seasons and play it forward without the EP could cause all kinds of problems just for that one ongoing game (not what you were really describing, though).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    @JackOnYourBack - No matter how they were packaged together, even if on the same disc, the base game and Seasons would still be considered distinct by all elements of the game. You should be fine there, though trying to start up a saved game that has already seen Seasons and play it forward without the EP could cause all kinds of problems just for that one ongoing game (not what you were really describing, though).

Thanks for telling me =D I'll just make sure to start a brand new save one then ^^
    I just want to play the game I paid for, without any interference from Origin, and with some help from EA. Is that really too much to ask?

Yes, yes it is. EA, despite it's inability to do so without breaking everything, wants to control how we play the game, entirely missing the point of the Sims series.

I can't help but wonder if part of the reasoning behind this is to force telemetry on players so they can either figure out where they went wrong with TS4. ;)
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    What exactly does this patch do? I wanted to play sims 3 today but I do not want this patch at all.
  • wwheavenupwwheavenup Posts: 6 New Member
    I updated and do not like the change. Now, I can no longer sign into the Sims 3 website. It states: This website's security certificate is out of date. It expired 11/14/15. What the world? How can this be addressed?
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    wwheavenup wrote: »
    I updated and do not like the change. Now, I can no longer sign into the Sims 3 website. It states: This website's security certificate is out of date. It expired 11/14/15. What the world? How can this be addressed?

EA has to renew and probably will on Monday
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    edited November 2015
    Nicwebb82 wrote: »
    What exactly does this patch do? I wanted to play sims 3 today but I do not want this patch at all.

Nothing of any use to the player. The ability to choose which EPs to load will probably cause huge problems with save files. It will force you to work through Origin. If you do not install the patch, you may not be able to access your store content. It also does not work with CAW. It is difficult to avoid the patch however. It caught me off guard since I was in the middle of a big reinstall. Now nothing works right in the game or at the store site.

@BSIRegina, that's probably the most charitable interpretation. It's possible, I hope they will fix what they've broken, but I'm afraid they'll just drop it now and leave us to figure out how to play our beloved games on our own.
  • wwheavenupwwheavenup Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2015
    @ScottDemon said:

EA has to renew and probably will on Monday

Great! Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top