Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Models! - Modeling Community Has Moved

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
(Closed)
The modeling community has moved and no longer posts here! Majority of Sims 3 is at the new modeling forum Simmetry Design, and others have moved to the Sims 4 Sims and Modeling section, where both Sims 3 and Sims 4 is welcome (and Sims 2 for some hosts).

Hey guys! So a few of you are already aware as to what this is, but let me explain for those that don't.

(If you have time, of course) Read the entire thread please, otherwise you will miss important information (such as more opinions on why this is good, etc., and for formats/themes/etc. I may have missed).

When Maggie was wrongfully banned (again >_>)(Someone asked for the story, I posted it here), Vid contacted a few others and I explaining that Maggie wasn't coming back, so she wanted to do something to show our disapproval of the ban or find a way to lift the ban (via petition). A few back and forth messages and I eventually suggested we start a new forum. But instead of using it like Unbound, where everyone went back and forth but still remained here, I instead suggested that everyone (willingly, for those that read that wrong) move to the new forum and abandon the modeling section here altogether.
The reason why is because:
  1. The rules here are for children despite the game rating being teen, and because of this our art is in danger of being removed or getting us banned. We shouldn't live in constant worry and we shouldn't be limiting our art because of it.
  2. This forum has done nothing but hurt us for the last few years, either individually and/or as a community (banned members, people leaving because of corruption, etc.)
  3. Still pertaining to the above, several of those that have been banned, or left, have been alerted and like the idea of the new forums, so we have a chance of bringing our friends back if we do make this move. (Maggie can now also join us again instead of losing her permanently!)
  4. Going back and forth like we did with Unbound only separated us and caused a few problems, and then the eventual downfall of Unbound (with several other factors). It is better to move altogether and not look back.
  5. We can now make our own sections and do other things with our friends without worrying about our threads being moved, like the party we recently had.
There's probably a few other reasons to be listed, but at the moment we already have quite a few people agreeing that this is a better alternative to what we are currently experiencing. We hope that by making the thread finally we can get everyone's opinions and their agreement to move to a new forum. Edit: (I forgot to fully explain this part, my bad. We're trying to get all Sims 3 models to agree, because we don't want to leave anyone behind. I will make sure registration is as easy as possible, and that any transition is done as smoothly as possible.)

For those wondering why, I was suggested to lead this project due to my organization skills (I have been dubbed "Organization Queen" by Vid, Lol! xD) and because it was my idea to begin with, so it made more sense this way. However, the forum is to be molded by the community (hence this thread) so that it is an enjoyable experience for all, and we can tailor the forum to what we want. :3 I am recording all suggestions and considering them when putting together the forum, and everything is up for vote and debate, so feel free to discuss them. No idea is stupid either, so please speak freely.

What we are doing right now is brainstorming themes, format, names, rules, and websites that will host our forum. I will be putting all suggestions in their respective spots, and you guys need to help us narrow down the options. Feel free to post your opinions on everything submitted so far, but please be respectful.

Some inactive members, like Rinxes, need to be contacted about what we are doing. Please post in the thread if you contacted someone so we can avoid multiple emails being sent to them, and so we can keep track of who was contacted. I will be tagging them below as well so incase they lurk recently they will see it. Edit: Forgot to say that the PMing system on here probably won't do much good! I meant email or social media, if it's possible. Thank you to those who contact them!
Inactive Sims 3: @BobSkellington @Jaunty @Rinxes @Sofia4u @Eli @cheerio517 @LadyEmillye @KPGeiger @MiataPlay (not sure if she still wants to participate or not) @firecrackergrrl (not sure if she still wants to participate or not)

Inactive Sims 4: @Minstrel @ayeden @CazzTregurtha @Karababy52 @PurpleKenzie19 @Gemmabubbles @PoppieGirl @Ashley Sims @Sims4Kat (might not be modeling anymore) @Zbern12 @JesxSims

Edit: Beech is on board!

Some FAQ:
  • Are all games allowed?
    Edit: Someone suggested a new format! Make sure to check it out under the format section. We need everyone to choose.
    Yes! We will be having split modeling sections for 2, 3, and 4, but we will also have a combined section, which is where comps that allow all games go. It's down in the format section with a tiny bit more info, so check it out. I'd consider the first game, but I'm pretty sure it has never had modeling opportunities.

• If we're leaving due to the rules and such, what will the rules be like on the new forum?
    The new forum will have teen rules, not children or adult. Breast exposure in our edits will be allowed but the actual nether regions (we shouldn't be seeing details in other words) won't be allowed (not sure if spoiler system will be used for nude edits or not Edit: spoiler system will be used as a just in case). Blood and gore is another thing I want to touch on, of course. What we are currently doing here is allowed, and maaaybe slightly more, but nothing too extreme. We'll hopefully be using a spoiler system though so that anything that gets too out of hand can be hidden, and those who are sensitive can just ignore it. The current forum doesn't allow us to do this (that spoiler system is broken...ugh...), and doing it this way allows everyone to be happy. =D Yaaaay! As for weapons in edits, they are allowed. Other general rules that are common sense, like no trolling or spamming, will obviously be implemented, but the spamming part will have actual clear rules that make sense and won't be based on judgement (some of you will get this xD). Lol
    We'll go more into depth about rules and what is or isn't allowed as we work through this. ^_^ Feel free to suggest rules!

• Is this just a modeling/photography forum or does it have other stuff?
    Depending on how our current members vote (and the final decision) determines how the forum will come out. Several have already requested for other sections to be added, like building and sims, but our main focus will always be modeling. Everything else is just a perk and something for us to do!

• Since we are moving, does that mean I abandon the official forums altogether?
    Edit: (Ah! I see the problem! Fixed it.) Nope! Feel free to post in the other sections and interact with the other communities here. The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that if you post on the EA forums you won't be getting much traffic. D: If we do make the move (meaning everyone agreed, at least we hope) everyone will be at the new forums, which is why you'd be receiving very little traffic. Edit: (To explain further) As I said, our goal is to have everyone move so we can protect each other. We don't want to leave people behind, but staying can also scare off (or become banned) our other current models. Either situation is just awful, which is why we're trying to get everyone to agree.
    Note that this part pertains mainly to the Sims 3/community section. I have no idea what Sims 4 will do after they have been notified.

• What about our old comp threads? Or the tutorials and guides, like your modeling guide and beginner tutorials?
    All of my threads will be posted and adapted to the new forum, and the copies remaining on the officials will still be updated as well (with links explaining that we moved, of course). For the active posters of those guides/tutorials/comps, it is up to them to move them (which is just a copy and paste), or I can post them for them. For those who are inactive and have been inactive, I won't be moving their comp threads. If it is a tutorial/guide though, I may move them if they are unique and not a copy. An example is the abundance of "how to cut sims out" threads. We have several covering the exact same method/steps, which is why they won't be moving if I do decide to do this. Otherwise, everything will be linked in my upcoming threads like I was originally planning. (Though moving or making copies of the guides/tutorials gives us a chance to preserve them if something happens to the modeling section after we are gone.)

• How do we let returning/new players know where we are at? We can't generate traffic then!
    We will be posting one last thread explaining where we have gone and where to find us. It will be bumped to make sure it stays on the front page by the various members in our community who still use this forum. We will also be advertising through the social sites and other simming sites (that allow it of course) so that everyone can find us and we can receive new members.
    Edit: For those worried about letting new players see comps, don't forget that I still plan on releasing my modeling comp list!
    Also, for those worried about leaving but still want to participate, we're coming up with a solution, so please hold tight! Thank you!

• I want to help moderate the forum/find a theme/help with html/etc. How do I do that?
    Please contact me through email, PM, or post here, and make sure to refer to the applications at the bottom of the thread if you want to work on the forum.

Please see below for what we currently have going on. Here is a quicklink list (but please try to read everything in this thread [including comments to avoid repeats], and reply with your opinions, otherwise this could cause problems later when making the forum) (Note that themes, formats, etc. will be updated as soon as possible, but reading the thread helps avoid repeating them while they aren't updated, which is why I asked to have you read the entire thread. :sweat_smile:).
Name, Website, and Rule Suggestions
Formatting Suggestions
Theme Suggestions
Applications
List of On Board Models
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited November 2015
    Names and Websites (and rules now!)
    We haven't decided on a name yet! We want something modeling/fashion/art related to represent us, but at the same time catches the attentions of others. Feel free to suggest any names that come to mind. Also, I am still looking into some forum websites. It needs to be 1) free, 2) trustworthy, 3) easy to use (for both the the moderators/admins and new people we get), Edit: 4) mobile compatibility (for others and Maggie!).
    (We're not making one from scratch, if that is your question. xD)

Also, I have a general idea for forum rules (they are not modeling rules!), but would like your opinion.

| - means a tally. I mark the things people have agreed upon with this. It's a WIP though as I have PMs and posts to sort through. xD

• Maggie's suggestions
      Simple Sims |
      Dirty Pretty Sims
      Pixel Art
      the Pixel Art movement
      Sims-Pixels-Art |
      living Pixels
      Sims & Pixels
    • Cudan's suggestions
      Pixelated Sims
      Serendipity Sims
      Insurgency
    • Tay's suggestions
      Simply Sims (instead of "Simple")
    • Vid's suggestions
      Simmetry |||||||||
      Sim Style
      SimmiStyle
      Sim Trends
      Trendy Sims
      Simmetry Pixels
    • Jake's suggestions
      SIMply Fashion |
      SIMplistic |
      SIMsational
      SIMplicity |
      Pixelated Simmetry
    • Bjorn's suggestion
      SIMply Art
    • Vi's suggestions
      SIMsational
      Snap-a-Sim
      Snap-a-Pixel
      Pixelate
    • Sarah's suggestions (Femlock)
      Epixels This is used, would require different spelling)
      SimverseManagement
      EverlastingSims
      Simphony
    • Cookie's suggestion
      Pixel Simmetry

Suggested Forums
    • Forumotion (Most popular choice at the moment)
    • Zetaboards
    • Jcink
    edited November 2015
    Format
    We need to work out a format for the forum. So that means what categories you want added, like a sims section for showing gameplay or showcases, and then we need to decide on how they are ordered and divided (I can probably handle that part on my own, but feel free to suggest). Please note that if you suggest a category, others need to agree on it as well. I don't want a bunch of categories that people won't use, so please only suggest ones that you will use, even if not at this current moment. That means a building section, which has already been suggested, needs to be voted on (majority or 50/50 means it will be added), and then it will be added.

The current ones we have can be split into different sections as is, so the modeling section will have "off topic" that holds the before and after, editing showcases, etc. (feel free to suggest more sub-sections we can add to ones already picked). However, I am looking for entirely new sections as well. I know I am forgetting categories we can use that can technically not be placed in these sections (I just remembered that stories/legacies can be a thing as well), so if you'd like to suggest something else please do so.

Blue means it has been accepted. If you want to challenge something, please do so. I need valid reasons though.

| - means a tally. I mark the things people have agreed upon with this. It's a WIP though as I have PMs and posts to sort through. xD
    • Modeling section - 1 combined section, 3 different sections for 2,3,4. Four sections in total. Separate sections are only for those who don't want other games involved (meaning the hosts decision). Otherwise, comps allowing all games go in the combined section. |
    • New modeling section idea - using prefixes to separate the threads while remaining in one section. Prefixes include the games hosts are accepting (S2, S3, S4, or ALL). |||||
    • Tutorial section - Not sure where it will specifically go, or if it will be away from modeling/building, etc., but we will have one (I finally have somewhere to put my tutorials! xD) |||||
    • CC section - We have cc creators in our community, so we'll be having one. Also, people can post news about new cc if they want. This will definitely have separated sections since it is very hard to tell packages apart. Btw, no one has to post their download links here if they don't want to, but if you want a free space to post them feel free to do it. We will allow adlfy/donation links because I believe creators should be supported, however, please do not cause problems with this. More info later when we begin to launch (as with the other sections). |||||
    • Games/life section (aka, Off Topic) - for those that are bored or want to share stuff, like recipes, news, or just need a hug, etc. ||||
    • Sims section - Kind of like what we have now, but finally the sims section will be separated from the modeling section. Gameplay, CAS, competitions for sims, etc. go here. May or may not be separated for the games, depends on popularity and opinions. (sim showcase, etc. as well) |||||
    • Building section - All buildings and building tips go here, and building competitions, etc. May or may not be separated for the games, depends on popularity and opinions. ||||||||
    • New! Stories and Legacies - not sure how well this will do, but it's an option if people want it.
    edited November 2015
    Themes
    Our main thought is to make it modeling themed in order to exemplify what we do. However, it doesn't have to be. We may even have holiday/event themes at a later date, so nothing is really out of the box. For now, just focus on themes you would like to see the new forum as. It can be simple colors or a whole theme specifically representing something.

For those that don't know what we mean by theme, we mean overall appearance of the forum which includes icons/symbols (including the buttons you'll be clicking), the background/header, colors, etc.

If you are interested in making a theme, submitting images, or helping search, etc., please see below/contact me (depending on what you want to do). =D

I added links to posts with really long suggestions or big pictures, etc. Please check them out when you can. :3

Themes/Colors: (as submitted with the name of the suggester)
    (Colors are not really the same as themes. The theme is the pictures/icons, the colors are what we put on it [basic way of putting it xD])
    (I'm still trying to locate all suggested themes that aren't a repeat! I will tally them later. >_<)
    • Theme - Vid: Fancy. Maybe even a café theme with corresponding icons. Black and white with pink or purple highlights. |
    • Theme - Vid: Runway theme with camera icons, high heels ones, and sunglasses. Maybe some blues and greys. |||
    • Half Theme/Colors - Dana: An idea I have is to go more simple and clean, with a nice color scheme of two similar colors with varying shades. I dont [know] what colors but maybe like gray and blue. Not much of a theme just straightforward and chic I guess. I dont know :p
    • Colors - Vi: And for colors maybe black and white with a pop of color here and there? Like royal blue or even purple?
    • Theme - Maggie: If it will be centered around modeling and photography, i think the runway theme or something with cameras and lighting would be awesome.
    • Half Theme/Colors -Maggi: something very modern and clean. 2 toned (I think a nice neutral purple and white would look good) and lots of cute little plumbobs.
    • Colors - Joe: Pastels! |
    • Themes/Colors For Zetaboards! - Joe: Runway 17
      enCHANTED
      Bazooka!
      Moving UP!
      Soothe
    edited November 2015
    Applications
    I'll be looking for moderators/admins, people with coding/html experience (I'm too lazy and busy to learn at the moment, lol), and probably something else that slipped my mind.... xD Anyways, I have some applications below for people to fill out if they're interested.

I'm looking for, in moderators/admins:
    • Experience - Not to deny new people of a chance (not that we have that many, but don't let this deter you xD), but I am looking for people with modeling and/or moderating experience. Modeling experience is because experienced models are the ones who know and understand modeling rules, even if we add other categories to this forum. Those without modeling experience will need to consult the modeling guide (even experienced should as well), and then contact me so that I may answer questions and explain what hasn't been added yet so they are aware.
    • Time - I need people at different time zones/sleep schedules and who are active, even during the school/busy portions of the year. I am in the USA, Arizona time and sometimes I stay up late (though I try to avoid being too late into the night). Depending on how many I add, you may not have to be as active since we have others to balance, so I'm looking at about two people per time zone. That way when one is too buy at the moment, someone from that same time zone can take up the workload, and this way no one is on alone (if that even happens).
    • Kind but firm (and tries to avoid favoritism) - I want people who will hold their ground against attackers/trouble makers and yet who are equipped to deal kindly with them. I also want to avoid people who will favor certain people over the others, as that can lead to problems down the line. The last thing we want is our models quitting, so people who are able to handle the situation properly are the ones that I am looking for.

Quick explanation of Moderator vs. Admin (from what I've read so far, this could be wrong or change depending on the forum chosen):
    - Moderator: Someone who slightly manages the forums/threads (moving, deleting, etc.) and can ban people etc. (has other abilities of course)
    - Admin: Higher position than moderator. Allows them to edit forum formats, themes, etc., with all the powers of a moderator (only a few shall be taken for this position, as I don't want a ton of people altering the formats, etc. It's a lot of power and needs to used responsibly!)

Questions so far:
    - Do we still participate in competitions if we're an admin/moderator?
    Of course! I don't see why not. It's also another reason to look for level-headed models! We don't need rage banning, etc. to happen for losing. xD

For those with coding/html experience, any experience would be appreciated and there's really no need to turn anyone down, unless we get more than....8...probably 5 since we only need a few to begin with. However, we do want people who are at least medium in knowledge (something like being able to set up your own tumblr, etc.).

These do not need to be posted here! Feel free to message me if you're nervous about applying.

Admin/Moderator Application (I will be dividing people later once things get going)
    Username and Preferred Name: (So that way I can keep track and know how to refer to you. :3 If you use a different name when we make the forum, that's fine, just tell me when you do.)
    Moderator or Admin?: (Forgot to add this. xD)
    Experience: (Previous moderator/admin and/or modeling experience)
    Time zone/sleep schedule: (What is your timezone and/or sleep schedule. I know some people are up all night so timezones are a bit different for them.)
    Do you think you're capable of handling situations well?: (keeping a calm head, avoiding favoritism, not making the situation worse, respecting those involved [no matter how annoying/mean they are, etc.], etc.)

For copy and paste:
    Admin/Moderator Application
    Username and Preferred Name:
    Experience:
    Time zone/sleep schedule:
    Do you think you're capable of handling situations well?:

These do not need to be posted here! Feel free to message me if you're nervous about applying.

Coding/Html experience
    Preferred Name:
    Experience: (Minimal, somewhat okay, or a lot? Examples will help greatly, so place those links when submitting!)
    Pm or email?: (I need to be able to contact you when we get to working. While I'm not sure how we'll do the forum at the moment, feel free to start contacting me.)

For copy and paste:
    Coding/Html experience
    Preferred Name:
    Experience:
    Pm or email?:
    edited December 2016
    Checked in
    Decided to start a list to keep track of who is on board and who isn't because I can't remember off the top of my head. xD

(Omg, we have a lot of people! =D So happy! *Hugs family*)

On Board

On the Fence

Not on Board :cry:
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited November 2015
    All hail the organization queen! This is great Mizzie! I'll be back to insert any new opinion/ideas that come into my brain and fill out a moderator app. I want to be a moderator dang it! xD

Edit: Oh no. Did I post too soon? :'(
    edited November 2015
    @ColorMePink Nooooo. It's fine xD I was working on last minute things. Lol

Thread is now open!

Please make sure to go to the first post of the thread, located here. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860523/calling-all-models-this-is-important

Edit: Please do not quote this post. I only want people tagged once.

(Do NOT copy or use this taglist. Don't even rearrange it. Just don't touch the list.)
    Sims 4, note that this mainly pertains to Sims 3, but we want your opinion as well if you're interested in coming with us. Please read the entire thread before actually commenting, same goes to Sims 3.
    @Eliavah @LeslieM25 @LilacErin @Spookshow @porkipine @Meeshelby @JoeJoe11 @Rivers @megsteroo @alexis3142 @JesxSims @lovejess2 @lialia54 @Sims3fan1986 @esharpmajor @dollarbill88 @swcheppes @themysticalpoet @Issabella14 @HannaHasSims @Ash89 @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @joanb615 @YJB19299 @MizoreYukii @picklesthecat114 @Maggisimmer @Zita1966z @Cbear13 @ironknight35 @PeaceSign101 @Heather1306 @BobSkellington @Jaunty @Rinxes @Sofia4u @Eli @IceTigers21 @Socallucyfan @cheerio517 @Cudan2 @LadyEmillye @KPGeiger @MiataPlay @firecrackergrrl @Minstrel @ayeden @CazzTregurtha @Karababy52 @PurpleKenzie19 @Gemmabubbles @PoppieGirl @Ashley Sims @Sims4Kat @Zbern12 @JesxSims @BabyCarrotz @AmazingAmphy @Ceea @MariTomKaulitZ @TearsDropFast @Freckledfemlock @Sims3ambitions @Lorchies @mz_munster @OnigiriSims @BeechNutBaby @spackichan @ColorMePink @peterpunch2000 @Jack's Creations @SassyDana @lionesskitty09 @_aa13ls10_ @Vanadis @chellemh29 @IncomingVirus @GreenLover331 @InaMac69 @ladybug65 @ninisims1 @Evergreen226 @TayTay4899 @Neiph @ChallengeGreatlyAccepted @bjorn979 @GITTE2001
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    This is a nice idea, and I can certainly understand the reasoning. What happened to Maggie and so many others was unfair. Personally however I just really don't want go through the hassle of jumping forums again. I did that with unbound and just ended up back here anyways. If everyone decides to leave, I think I'll just wander back off to where ever it is I may go. I do wish you luck with it though. :)
    yhCWXCP.gif
    edited November 2015
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    This is a nice idea, and I can certainly understand the reasoning. What happened to Maggie and so many others was unfair. Personally however I just really don't want go through the hassle of jumping forums again. I did that with unbound and just ended up back here anyways. If everyone decides to leave, I think I'll just wander back off to where ever it is I may go. I do wish you luck with it though. :)

@chellemh29 We're waiting for all Sims 3 models to confirm before going any further. If all of us agree we can move over and not have to deal with the forums anymore.
    So even if everyone else agrees you won't consider joining us? It would just be making a new account, no hoops. :O
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I think that if a person wants to join the forum, cool, but they shouldn't be barred from also being on THIS forum. That's just kinda messing with people's free will. I mean it's not like someone's going to sabotage either forum.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    edited November 2015
    Vanadis wrote: »
    I think that if a person wants to join the forum, cool, but they shouldn't be barred from also being on THIS forum. That's just kinda messing with people's free will. I mean it's not like someone's going to sabotage either forum.

@Vanadis ?? I didn't ban anyone from posting? I said that if we all move then there wouldn't be traffic. To avoid this person sitting in an empty forum I said they should post in ours. o-o How is that banning anyone? Did I word it wrong? Let me go check.
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    As we all discussed via PM, I'm moving regardless. I don't hold much love for this place anymore and I'd hate to just disappear altogether. I'd even say I'd help moderate the forums, but there's an absolute ton of people who are better suited to it than myself.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    "But instead of using it like Unbound, where everyone went back and forth but still remained here, I instead suggested that everyone move to the new forum and abandon the modeling section here altogether."

That's basically telling people not to be on this one.
    I'm somewhere between

@Vanadis ?? I didn't ban anyone from posting? I said that if we all move then there wouldn't be traffic. To avoid this person sitting in an empty forum I said they should post in ours. o-o How is that banning anyone? Did I word it wrong? Let me go check.

Fixed it. xD That was sending the wrong message. I meant it as in they're going to be lonely, if the models agree to move. There won't be traffic here as the point is to avoid the bouncing that we did with Unbound.
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited November 2015
    While I may not be a Sims 3 modeler, I do agree with what you've said. It's unfair that so many have been banned for no reason. Since I'm from the Sims 4 area I don't think I have a real say in this, but I fully respect your decision and will do all that I can to support you :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    "But instead of using it like Unbound, where everyone went back and forth but still remained here, I instead suggested that everyone move to the new forum and abandon the modeling section here altogether."

Its a suggestion. I think the aim of this is to get everyone who is willing to move involved and essentially boycott this section of the forums because of the terrible/unfair judgment. Its not for everyone, sure, but mizzie never explicitly said if you join you can't post on here whatsoever. Perhaps a misinterpretation.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    I think if people want to bounce it's fine. But yeah I get what you're saying now, makes sense.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    Bahahaha; never realized I was inactive :D I've replied in pms, but I agree with the idea of a new forum. A lot of these rules are created for the sake of children, but lets be real, the majority of us are NOT children. I also feel like the people that actually use the forums aren't always able to get their voices/opinions out to the gurus, so that's why I like having the future mods be almost like the common people who know what we, the users, want.
    After all, this section of the forum is kinda dying out. And I know they were thinking of combining the Sims 3 and 4 modelling sections together, but I feel like even more people would've left because of that too, so I guess this could possibly be compromise?
    edited November 2015

I think if people want to bounce it's fine. But yeah I get what you're saying now, makes sense.

Just to clarify, we're not forcing anyone to do anything. @_@ In fact, my whole intention was to get everyone on board before even moving. We don't want to leave people behind.
    And bouncing only helped lead to the death of Unbound. Half the time nobody joined the comps on one side of the forum and instead joined solely on the other one. While it can attract the attention of new people, it doesn't really serve a purpose otherwise. :/ Edit: Thread wise. I meant thread wise, double ones that require updating both.
    Edit 2: Now I'm confusing myself with that. Ignore the first edit. Lol
  • TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'm on board! Kind of sick of it over here.. The rules are ridiculous when the game isn't even for children. I skimmed over everything, but it sounds like a pretty stable idea. I'm about to send you a PM Mizzie.
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited November 2015
    Cudan2 wrote: »
    Bahahaha; never realized I was inactive :D I've replied in pms, but I agree with the idea of a new forum. A lot of these rules are created for the sake of children, but lets be real, the majority of us are NOT children. I also feel like the people that actually use the forums aren't always able to get their voices/opinions out to the gurus, so that's why I like having the future mods be almost like the common people who know what we, the users, want.
    After all, this section of the forum is kinda dying out. And I know they were thinking of combining the Sims 3 and 4 modelling sections together, but I feel like even more people would've left because of that too, so I guess this could possibly be compromise?

Wait, did I put you in that list? Ugh. I'm sorry. I'm tired. xD There's so many names it gets confusing so fast!
    Edit: Fixed it! Again, I'm sorry. xD
  • Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member

Wait, did I put you in that list? Ugh. I'm sorry. I'm tired. xD There's so many names it gets confusing so fast!

Don't worry about it! It's probably cause I haven't actually competed in a legit comp since like July...? I don't even remember anymore :#

Just to clarify, we're not forcing anyone to do anything. @_@ In fact, my whole intention was to get everyone on board before even moving. We don't want to leave people behind.
    And bouncing only helped lead to the death of Unbound. Half the time nobody joined the comps on one side of the forum and instead joined solely on the other one. While it can attract the attention of new people, it doesn't really serve a purpose otherwise. :/ Edit: Thread wise. I meant thread wise, double ones that require updating both.

That and when Bliss banned a bunch of active people and then deserted the forum...

I'm just saying the way you had it worded before may have not been the best way to word it. If one person reads it one way, others may too.
    I'm somewhere between
    edited November 2015
    @spackichan Yes! xD The people who stay can still post of course, but if everyone else leaves it just makes it lonely and not as worthwhile. The whole point was to get everyone on board so we could finally escape. v.v I don't want to leave people behind, but I definitely don't want anyone else to leave or be banned.
    While I may not be a Sims 3 modeler, I do agree with what you've said. It's unfair that so many have been banned for no reason. Since I'm from the Sims 4 area I don't think I have a real say in this, but I fully respect your decision and will do all that I can to support you :)

@PeaceSign101 You totally have a say! You're welcome to come along since we'll be using spoiler tags. ^_^