Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Models! - Modeling Community Has Moved

Comments

• Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    Great idea :) I'm definitely intrigued to see how it comes along! As always, there's always pros and cons with starting a new site, but. C'est la vie.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Vanadis wrote: »
    "But instead of using it like Unbound, where everyone went back and forth but still remained here, I instead suggested that everyone move to the new forum and abandon the modeling section here altogether."

That's basically telling people not to be on this one.
    I think if people want to bounce it's fine. But yeah I get what you're saying now, makes sense.

Just to clarify, we're not forcing anyone to do anything. @_@ In fact, my whole intention was to get everyone on board before even moving. We don't want to leave people behind.
    And bouncing only helped lead to the death of Unbound. Half the time nobody joined the comps on one side of the forum and instead joined solely on the other one. While it can attract the attention of new people, it doesn't really serve a purpose otherwise. :/ Edit: Thread wise. I meant thread wise, double ones that require updating both.

That and when Bliss banned a bunch of active people and then deserted the forum...

I'm just saying the way you had it worded before may have not been the best way to word it. If one person reads it one way, others may too.

Eck o_O

Yes, that is why I changed it. xD Sorry for the misunderstanding. Is it better? Do I add or remove something else?
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    @MizoreYukii Okay :) Have you spread the word in the TS4 section? We're not too good with tags either XD
    dmlX3n8.jpg

Great idea :) I'm definitely intrigued to see how it comes along! As always, there's always pros and cons with starting a new site, but. C'est la vie.

True! I'm just hoping we can get everyone on board. >_< I need a "No man left behind" avatar or something. @_@
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    "But instead of using it like Unbound, where everyone went back and forth but still remained here, I instead suggested that everyone move to the new forum and abandon the modeling section here altogether."

That's basically telling people not to be on this one.
    I think if people want to bounce it's fine. But yeah I get what you're saying now, makes sense.

Just to clarify, we're not forcing anyone to do anything. @_@ In fact, my whole intention was to get everyone on board before even moving. We don't want to leave people behind.
    And bouncing only helped lead to the death of Unbound. Half the time nobody joined the comps on one side of the forum and instead joined solely on the other one. While it can attract the attention of new people, it doesn't really serve a purpose otherwise. :/ Edit: Thread wise. I meant thread wise, double ones that require updating both.

That and when Bliss banned a bunch of active people and then deserted the forum...

I'm just saying the way you had it worded before may have not been the best way to word it. If one person reads it one way, others may too.

Eck o_O

Yes, that is why I changed it. xD Sorry for the misunderstanding. Is it better? Do I add or remove something else?

Yeah it's good now. :D *thumbs up*
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    Woah! When I first opened this, I got TERRIFIED because my name is Maggie! XD

I'm sorry, I'm utterly confused.

What happened with Maggie? I'd like to know the story before I agree to anything.
    Otherwise, this sounds great. All hail the organization queen!
    & I agree the rules aren't suited very well. Teen+ game= Teen+ rules. Kids under 13 should even be allowed on this forum without their parents permission, honestly. :)
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    Sounds good ! I'll def move over and I hope everyone else does too. These forums are such a mess. :p
    110zzsw.gif
    Oh, and a theme suggestion is something very modern and clean. 2 toned (I think a nice neutral purple and white would look good) and lots of cute little plumbobs. :)
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

edited November 2015
    Edit: Rearranged the post to put the story on top.
    Woah! When I first opened this, I got TERRIFIED because my name is Maggie! XD

I'm sorry, I'm utterly confused.

What happened with Maggie? I'd like to know the story before I agree to anything.
    Otherwise, this sounds great. All hail the organization queen!
    & I agree the rules aren't suited very well. Teen+ game= Teen+ rules. Kids under 13 should even be allowed on this forum without their parents permission, honestly. :)

Edit: Forgot to say sorry for scaring you :sweat_smile: Sorry!
    Hey! I keep track of you guys with the "E" removed! Lol! It's very difficult though. @_@ *Short circuits at confusion*
    Maggie, aka. @Mhamilton0911 and @maggie0911. I'll try to give a quick rundown, but @ColorMePink may do a better job since she was talking to Maggie when this was going on and knows more than me (I think xD).
    - Loving and active modeler
    - She started her own comps recently called "In Focus" (links after this).
    - She had a finale assignment that was "tasteful nudes", which means they were covered decently well yet still naked.
    - She did not post an example image with it
    - In other words, that was no reason to ban her. You cannot ban someone who only mentioned tasteful nudes
    - We know this had an alternative reasoning behind it because we had a member recently post a nude, no censors, but it was removed only and the model got away (no warning either, they're fine now btw).
    - If that was not the reason, then what else was there? She wasn't actively posting after assigning the finale because she was busy with other things outside the forum, so there is nothing in other threads to cause problems.
    - She did have a recent problem where her account was glitched on her computer and she could not log in, so had to use mobile.
    - That isn't a reason to ban someone either, as it was just an error on her computer.

In other words, we have zero reasons for why she was banned. She's been talking to us through email since this happened. And we all know that reasons are supposed to be given before banning since that is standard practice. This didn't happen for either ban, which is why we thought it had some other alternative reason behind it. It's messed up no matter how you look at it. :/

Her threads: In Focus 1 (the one with finale) http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841842/in-focus-cycle-1-scores-and-finale-posted/p1
    In Focus 2: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857382/in-focus-2-mens-edition-sign-ups-open/p1
    In Focus Halloween Edition: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858302/in-focus-halloween-edition-taking-entries/p1

Will get to PMs in a bit!

...And now I wish more than ever that we had a Lol button. ;-; Can we add that in the forums? I want a lol button. xDD Where's my coding angels?

@MizoreYukii Okay :) Have you spread the word in the TS4 section? We're not too good with tags either XD

Oh cheezus. Are you serious?
    *Feels like crying*
    They make it so hard to spread news and events. :bawling:
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
    That's horrible :open_mouth: Why would somebody be banned because of that?! Now I see what people mean when they say kid rules :/

@MizoreYukii Do you need any help spreading the word over there? I can set up a thread there and just link this thread.
    dmlX3n8.jpg

Wow, that's no reason to ban someone. How ridiculous.
    1ph6o6.gif

• ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Mizzie Oh thank goodness. I didn't want to ruin your perfectly organized thread. I was about to go into panic mode. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I don't expect everyone to completely abandon this forum right off the bat. I might even still post here depending on what's going on. I do think we should eventually think about moving on to a better forum that will cater better to this community and allow those who were unfairly banned to rejoin the community again without fear of being banned again for little to no reason.

It would be nice if this forum became an alternative and the new forum became the main forum for sim modeling.

@MaggiSimmer Mizzie basically explained it. I posted about it on my blog (click the link in my sig), but basically Maggie got no warning, no email, nothing. Then she came back on a fresh account (which is allowed) and she was permanently banned again. No one knows why exactly.

Edited down to avoid deletion of thread.
    Post edited by ColorMePink on
    edited November 2015
    With no, warning, too. How pathetic can they get? :/
    Edit: Seeing Mizzy already saw my post, I am deleting it. :)

Anyways, I am 314% on board for moving to a new thread.
    1ph6o6.gif

With no, warning, too. How pathetic can they get? :/
    I just want to warn you guys that I've seen discussions closed before for talking about mods on this forum (there was a thread saying they wanted to know if mods could read PMs because people were getting banned for cursing via PM, literally taking the "P" out of "PM" so this discussion might get closed. Hopefully not.

Anyways, I am 314% on board for moving to a new thread.

Agree with Maggie right now! This thread might get closed :#
    dmlX3n8.jpg

edited November 2015
    Uh oh. Maybe we should edit our post and just talk about the new forum. :sweat_smile:
    @PeaceSign101 @MaggiSimmer Yes! Do you see now why we want to protect ourselves? This will spread to Sims 4 eventually as well, which is why I included you guys. The faster we protect ourselves and our art from this, the better.

@PeaceSign101 They don't see threads either :bawling: We can try messages but I know a small handful at least saw the list, and I'd hate to bother them again if they honestly don't care (though they should, as this could happen to anyone). We'll just have to see if they pop in later. :c

@ColorMePink <3 Totally fine. xD It was my fault for taking so long. Was trying to add a few things last minute before I launched it.
    That is a much better description of what the split forums could be! Alternative EA and our main modeling forum. ^_^ I guess if we consider that we could still make this work, but then bouncing will occur and I don't want to stress hosts. v.v
    @PeaceSign101 @ColorMePink @MaggiSimmer Agreed! Let's remove some of the keywords and avoid pointing fingers. We want a smooth transition outta here. They won't have to worry about us anymore.

@MizoreYukii Okay, let's leave it for tomorrow or so :) And if you don't see me coming her with an advertising campaign tomorrow, then there is something wrong with me ;) XD
    dmlX3n8.jpg

@PeaceSign101 @ColorMePink @MaggiSimmer Agreed! Let's remove some of the keywords and avoid pointing fingers. We want a smooth transition outta here. They won't have to worry about us anymore.

I editing my post as a just in case. :p
    1ph6o6.gif

How can I help spread the word? I'd like to make sure everyone knows. :)
    1ph6o6.gif

@MizoreYukii I just had a thought. Shouldn't we try and stop this ridiculous banning on the forums all together? Another forums is a great solution, but what about for newer Simmers or Simmers who are out of the loop with this stuff?

How can I help spread the word? I'd like to make sure everyone knows. :)

Hmmm. Maybe spread the word on social media platforms? :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Hmm maybe for those of us running comp threads, we could add a little disclaimer saying our comps will be moved once the new forum is open? With a link to here for more info?
    @PeaceSign101 xD! Thank you!

@MaggiSimmer I honestly have no idea.....I hate bothering people but they need to see this and not ignore it. v.v We don't really want to run around with siggy's and such either, as that could attract unwanted attention....I mean, I guess we could make a post in Sims 4 if you guys want to. Or maybe we could do the messaging as I said, but I don't know who saw the thread and who didn't. v.v
    Edited my post. My spidey senses told me to not get all ranty. Sorry about that. :p

@MizoreYukii I don't want jump back and forth either, but new people are going join this forum looking for modeling comps . We could at least advertise over here, but it's going take some getting use to for some so we're be doing some back and forth at the beginning I'm sure. Hopefully not too much. :s
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited November 2015
    I've responded to Vid on PM, so I'm sure you've heard my thoughts, Miz. I'm all up for the move. To be honest, there are no real cons for me, as I'd continue to post here (just not in modelling sections). What happened to Maggie was really irritating, and I'd gladly move locations to get her back.

Let me just pack my things..

tumblr_ndt5ni9b9t1sa2xlto1_500.gif

P.S. I've ran a forum and moderated a few in the past, so if you ever need any advice (which I doubt), I'm here. I've not really been around for long enough to warrant applying for a position, and I'm not overly fussed, but always happy to offer my two cents when/where needed. :)

-

Four different modelling sections seems a bit confused to me. I'd vote for one hub with no child/sub-categories, but instead every thread must be posted with a prefix: [S2] [S3] [S4] or [ALL], or something similar. Most forums can be set up with pre-determined prefix options from a drop-down list I believe, so shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I say this because, realistically, how many Sims 2 contests will there be? And judging by recent trends, there will hardly be any exclusive S3 ones either. So I think a prefix system would keep the forum less cluttered and intimating in terms of sections while still being clear and easy to follow.

The rest of the sections are great, imo. I think it's important to have a minimal amount otherwise it loses its core meaning. Especially with a relatively small community, it can seem deserted.

As for the theme, I'm team pastel-y. Something relaxing to the eye, unlike this forum :P I agree with Dana on the clean, smooth front too, although with cute icons (cameras, heels or whatever) to 'liven' it up a tad. I think it'd be nice for it to look a bit maturer, or a bit more professional, but obviously still want to keep the fun/inviting core.

NB: I'll have a think about names... that's a tricky one.

-

tl;dr. Happy to move, especially to get Maggie back. Here's some ideas...
    c0Ixg8O.png