Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do we determine Maxis Faves?

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Edited by EA_Mai: Please, check the new version of this guide here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955438/how-do-we-choose-our-maxis-faves-curation-guide
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• Options
    HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    edited March 2016
    Thank you very much @SimGuruDrake for telling us this information. This will definitely clear up a lot of confusion going around this Maxis Favourite subject! :)

I got one simple question I want to ask if you don't mind answering or someone in the forums might answer it. What kind of schedule do you guys go through when it comes to Maxis Favourites? What I mean by this that what time do you guys normally do Favs? I noticed you guys don't fav creations during holidays and weekends but the time tends to be at random. The reason for this odd question was that my notification wall can sometimes be jam packed since I followed a lot of creators and I tend to miss the Maxis Favourite notifications and it gets lost on the wall; the Maxis Curated tab tends to be a day late (well for me, I am not sure about others). There is no clear answer going around. :)
    Post edited by Heaveness on
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Thank you! :smiley:
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    flubber32c4flubber32c4 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited November 2015
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    [*]Besides being nominated in the recommendations thread, what other method can creators go about in order to get Maxis’ eye on their lot? Does Maxis look at any of the showcase threads? Is it a good idea to try to reach out on social media (i.e. Twitter and Facebook)?
    • We check out lots that are shared with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr and even our SimGuru’s pass along lots that are shared with them. We do try to keep up with the showcase / challenge threads that are found throughout the forum.

So basically if people don't tweet or share their builds on Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr and they aren't nominated on the popularity thread, then there is no way that they are going to receive a Maxis fav. Yet again, the popular kids get all the glory and the rest just get left in the dark. This is why you have so many people leaving the game.

Now back to building for myself.

yes this could be that someone who Shares Things at thumblr or Twitter gets a faster fave ! but... if you look at the latest faves there are lots of households and houses faved that are made by user with not so many Follower or Downloads!!

-and a fave can have good and bad sides

good:
    -more Attention to your creations
    -more Download and Follower

bad:
    -in case a sim or a house gets a fave you will see it many times reuploaded
    -sometimes not so nice comments

but i still <3 this game!! happy simming
    Post edited by flubber32c4 on
  • Options
    MarkHarris17MarkHarris17 Posts: 537 Member
    Here's my question does adding # help?
    Shelly Mellow Maxis
    Madden Maxis
    Riles Maxis
    Harris Maxis
    Hunger Games Modeling Comp
    [img][/img]ezgif.com-gif-maker_zpsjrmqrvoc.gif
    Last one made by me [my handwriting is bad on computers!]
    Thanks to the talented @Cbear13 for making these!

• Options
    gothkittymimigothkittymimi Posts: 189 Member
    thanks for the info :D
    [img][/img]8odm3G7.jpg

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    [*]Besides being nominated in the recommendations thread, what other method can creators go about in order to get Maxis’ eye on their lot? Does Maxis look at any of the showcase threads? Is it a good idea to try to reach out on social media (i.e. Twitter and Facebook)?
    • We check out lots that are shared with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr and even our SimGuru’s pass along lots that are shared with them. We do try to keep up with the showcase / challenge threads that are found throughout the forum.

So basically if people don't tweet or share their builds on Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr and they aren't nominated on the popularity thread, then there is no way that they are going to receive a Maxis fav. Yet again, the popular kids get all the glory and the rest just get left in the dark. This is why you have so many people leaving the game.

I always share my builds on Twitter (with the Sims or the Gurus), and I have not received a fav for a very long time, so this is a big "maybe"! :/
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    Hey, thank you for posting the criteria! I was always curious as to how some creations qualified as Maxis curated and others didn't. Looks pretty logical and fair, mystery solved ! :)
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Thank you so much for providing this information.
    I want to first address that yes, we do check lots and Sims that we curate to make sure that they appear in game as they do in the screenshot.
    This is especially reassuring. It is good to know that creations are checked by the Maxis team.
    Generally I create for myself and share with a few friends. It is certainly an honor to be chosen as a favorite and even more humbling to be chosen to be curated by Maxis.
    Please share my gratitude to the team for choosing creations by myself and my friends who are just looking to enjoy the game.
    <3
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2015
    @SimGuruDrake - I do not share my builds in Facebook page or twitter either! I do not have a twitter account and I seldom use my facebook account. Does that rule my builds out then for a Maxis favourite? :(
  • Options
    Ginzu19Ginzu19 Posts: 239 Member
    Thanks very much @SimGuruDrake for sharing this info with us, It seemed tricky to know if there was a criteria behind the Maxis favs, so it's very good to see that you check everything and that the favs pass for a lot of testing to prove they works fine.

I also join the request of Heaveness. Few time ago I remember the favs were held on certain hour, so I always was able to see what was new, now I really have no idea of with schedule they have.
  • Options
    Heaveness wrote: »
    Thank you very much @SimGuruDrake for telling us this information. This will definitely clear up a lot of confusion going around this Maxis Favourite subject! :)

I got one simple question I want to ask if you don't mind answering or someone in the forums might answer it. What kind of schedule do you guys go through when it comes to Maxis Favourites? What I mean by this that what time do you guys normally do Favs? I noticed you guys don't fav creations during holidays and weekends but the time tends to be at random. The reason for this odd question was that my notification wall can sometimes be jam packed since I followed a lot of creators and I tend to miss the Maxis Favourite notifications and it gets lost on the wall; the Maxis Curated tab tends to be a day late (well for me, I am not sure about others). This is just a minor question about it since there is no clear answer going around. :)

Monday - Friday minus any days that fall on a US Holiday. The exact time of day actually varies depending on how long it takes to go through the above steps for each (lots usually take the longest especially the bigger they are.)
  • Options
    Here's my question does adding # help?

Absolutely! Sometimes we want to search for things using a certain hashtag (like #outdoorretreat) but also using hashtags like #MOO or #NoCC are really helpful as well -not just for us but for players as well :)
  • Options
    yanti68 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake - I do not share my builds in Facebook page or twitter either! I do not have a twitter account and I seldom use my facebook account. Does that rule my builds out then for a Maxis favourite? :(

Nope! We check twitter, facebook, reddit, tumblr, forum nomination threads, building challenge threads, and most importantly the gallery itself. Those individuals that do want to use social media to share their stuff are more than welcome to but it is not the only avenue we use to find community creations.
  • Options
    Ginzu19 wrote: »
    Thanks very much @SimGuruDrake for sharing this info with us, It seemed tricky to know if there was a criteria behind the Maxis favs, so it's very good to see that you check everything and that the favs pass for a lot of testing to prove they works fine.

I also join the request of Heaveness. Few time ago I remember the favs were held on certain hour, so I always was able to see what was new, now I really have no idea of with schedule they have.

Since some builds take longer to check we don't really have a set time on when faves occur and the amount of faves we give in a day vary as well because of this.
  • Options
    @simgurudrake does the entire team check creations or does only certain gurus such as you
    Shelly Mellow Maxis
    Madden Maxis
    Riles Maxis
    Harris Maxis

• Options
    @simgurudrake does the entire team check creations or does only certain gurus such as you

Only a certain team, none of the other SimGuru's handle checking the creations as they are busy working on the game but they do help to pass along creations they come across or are shared with them.
  • Options
    @simgurudrake how would one know if they had a maxis fav for me I one with all the comments but their wasn't anything told me
    Shelly Mellow Maxis
    Madden Maxis
    Riles Maxis
    Harris Maxis

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ok one question I do have, are lots that use the debug cheat or unlock cheat qualify or not? I'm just curious because of the MOO thing which I admit some of my lots do have.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    No ones even downloaded any of my stuf on the gallery, Tried my best to make a good story for it! look me up on it! RomireOnline
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited November 2015
    @SimGuruDrake if that's the case for the households, then I'm overdue for a couple of favorites (at least from here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769715/nolan-recreation-center-where-all-games-sims-come-to-join-ts4/p1 ). Not that I'm complaining with 1K+ of downloads, but a Maxis Fave during a high traffic day certainly would be incentive to return to regularly scheduled recreations.
    Post edited by ENolan on
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member

Please do not twist my words, I was responding to that particular question which asked about social media. I personally check through our gallery from the start of my day to the end of it to find things by other creators to make sure there is a mix of new and regular creators on our list. If you view our maxis faves you will see that there are plenty of new people faved every day who didn't share their stuff on social media and who weren't nominated in any thread.

I wasn't "twisting your words". I was commenting on what was written on your post.

I do view the so called Maxis faves and it is always the same people being faved.

I have no faith at all in any of the SimGurus, especially with things that have happened. And I see no apologies coming forth from yourself.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    yanti68 wrote: »

Nope! We check twitter, facebook, reddit, tumblr, forum nomination threads, building challenge threads, and most importantly the gallery itself. Those individuals that do want to use social media to share their stuff are more than welcome to but it is not the only avenue we use to find community creations.

@SimGuruDrake - Thanks for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it! It is good to know that the SimGurus check everything. Now if only the Gallery had better filters, like daily, monthly filters where all the uploaded builds /creations are visible then all the builders/creators would be happy. Nobody would have anything to complain! The Sims 3 exchange system would be so much of an improvement because everyone's builds/ creations got equal exposure! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top