Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your Very First Sims Family Like?

figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
What the title says. Just tell us what happened during your first family in The Sims 3.

My first sims 3 family, I made a husband and wife in create-a-sim. I decided to have the wife get pregnant. I had her dance to kids music throughout the pregnancy, and they had twins. A boy and a girl. Their daughter eventually got into painting. When the twins became teenagers, the girl became a kind of rebel type. She would skip school so she could paint. The mom also ended up having triplets somewhere down the line.

When the twins became young adults, the boy got married and had a son. The girl got married to a vampire, got bitten, then had a vampire daughter. She got pregnant again, then her husband died. She met another man sometime during her pregnancy. She ended up giving birth the day she was going to be married. She had another vampire daughter. I think I just stopped playing that save somewhere around then.
simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I have only had The Sims 3 since last Christmas....I made a single YA female in CAS and went out to see what the town was like, being a bookworm I made her head to the bookstore first. She ran into Connor Frio, I thought...hmmm, kinda cute so I had her introduce herself, he seemed okay friend material, they chatted up to friends. She invited him to her house the next day and I immediately started with the romantic moves, he rejected her, of course, which I took personally (back then I didn't know you have to work up to the romance, they were barely even friends!). I made her throw him out, she invited him over again the next day and for some reason was very fat! I had her try to hold his hands again...rejected again, so she started fighting with him, they were, needless to say enemies by the time she kicked him out. Ironically Connor is one of my all time favorite sims now!
  • Options
    laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    She was a single black girls with long brown hair and lots of pets
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure my very first TS3 family was this. I started with a CAS generated sim in the bin, and I gave her some some not very nice traits. The only redeeming trait was she was athletic, the others were mean, insane, hot headed. I don't remember the rest, but I realized I ran into a problem with her and had to give her a some what adjustment on her traits, just to get her married. The first set of traits she had did not allow for any romantic interactions what so ever.

Before she was married, she worked her way up the criminal career, and jogged all over Sunset Valley. She lived out in the country, over by the water fall. Her favorite pastime was working out on her exercise equipment. She was well up into her adult life stage before she decided to get married to a man in his young adult life stage. At the time, I didn't realize that there was the YA and Adult life stages, so I gave her husband grey hair to try to close the gap in their appearance. She had lived such a healthy life style that she lived for a very long time in her elder years.

During the course of their marriage, they adopted their eldest daughter, and she gave birth to their youngest a son. Eventually the daughter aged up, and married her best friend from school. At the time I was playing with EA's story progression, and the game moved out the daughter and her wife (who happened to be the daughter to the Wolffs). The son married a young woman, and they in turn had a son. Eventually my sim passed away, and shortly there after, the daughter in law was killed while attempting to repair the dish washer. Her son was still in the toddler stage.

After the old woman died, she would return on a regular basis, and first her ghost would go to check up on her grand son, and tend to any needs he would have, and then she would go over to her work out bench and work out until it was time for her to return back to her grave the next morning.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I started playing last year and my first sim was a single adult man. He was supposed to be like me, so he had artistic and inappropriate as traits. I can't recall the rest. His name was Shane. I played through his adulthood focusing on the music career (which he had problems to level up in. he was a painter, not a guitar player). He got old very fast and I tried to throw him a party without success. Once he was old, I tried to set him up with his elder friend Styles McGraw (or something) but nothing happened. Styles's message that his time was expiring came up and I took them to the beach, where Shane played the guitar for him until the black robbed one showed up to take him. He started flirting his ginger neighbor and co-worker (it's one of the guys from the bin). But the relationship was pretty slow. One day, he went to the toilet and Grim decided to drop in on him. His urn lies next to the toilet for eternity...
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The first sim I played I created in CAS. I probably hit the randomize face button a bunch of times until I had something I could tweak to get a decent, if bland, looking sim. I had bought the base game Seasons, Late Night, and Supernatural at the same time and chose to play in Sunset Valley. I moved my sim, who's name I forget, into the cheapest house. He got a career, maybe Science, and I started exploring. He dated Cycl0n3 Sw0rd a few times and they eventually kissed, making Cycl0n3 a romantic interest. I was like ok? I didn't know the significance.

He later became involved with Xander Clavell, who was Hot-Headed and who had Commitment Issues. Eventually Xander moved in and I was thinking of getting them married. But then Cycl0n3 sent my sim a love letter and Xander got the mail that day. Accusations of cheating immediately followed and 3 days later Xander wanted to break up and possibly move out. So I moved him back to his parent's house and had my sim call up Cycl0n3. They eventually got married and settled into Unabridged.

Somehow I managed to get both of the abducted by aliens and alien pregnant. I might have resorted to a mod for the 2nd one. One had a boy, Dax, and the other had a girl (Jax?). Then with a mod that enabled same sex pregnancies they had 2 or 3 more kids. I explored gardening, mixology, tried to figure out what to do with all the gems and metals they were collecting, and generally fumbled about learning the game.

Later I copied Dax to the bin and played him in Bridgeport where he married Alexy Fresco. I got them pregnant at the same time and got quads with both of them. I haven't played that household in awhile.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Ah I remember! Her name was Gaia because she was going to be the mother of a legacy ;) She married Marty Keaton (I didn't know he was married!! It was my first day playing) then they had 2 children. All the kids were named after mythological characters. Her son ended up being the heir, he had quite a few children with his daughter Antigone being heir... and then I can't really remember.. there were a few male heirs after her- Heracles, Evander, someone else...
    The sim in my old Sims 3 forum avatar was the heir Antigone.

Good ole times. I still have a soft spot in my heart for Marty Keaton from that time.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    My first Sim was a female, whose name I forget, but I vaguely remember her having one of those Betty Page hairdos. Her LTW was the International Super Spy thing. I played her in Sunset Valley and spent so much time trying to figure out how to do opportunities and other things that she never married, never woohoo'd or had kids, retired before she could get that last promotion, and died of old age shortly thereafter. My next Sim did significantly better.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    My very first Sim was named Claudia, fashioned a bit like myself. She lived in Bridgeport and was in the movie career and I can't quite remember what her lifetime wish was. I wanted her to start a family but she was seriously unlucky in love. Unfortunately my pc passed away and I didn't have a back up save for her. When I purchased my new pc, that's when I created my Sim Carmen Murphy, the mother of most of the other Sims I am playing now.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    Like so many others here, my first TS3 sim was a CAS creation of my own and I used him to clumsily learn how to play the game, four years ago with only one or two EPs to start. And no mods, believe it or not. I mated him with a Sunset Valley townie eventually.

I really didn't know what I was doing in the beginning, of course, although I had played TS1 many years prior. But that sim is the great great (etc.) grand daddy of the ones I am playing now. No one told me you were supposed to want to start a new game at some point. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm using a few of the couples I made in CAS in my early days from before getting Mods and a new version of my Jankowskys in many of my games though I used the originals for the game I played today which uses two of my first families from the early days.I was playing in Winfield and didn't get very many pictures from today's game because I kept forgetting to pause for pictures and my game is very fast.The couples are Eli Jankowsky with her husband Ami and the other couple are Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch.I've got two other families in that town and play all of them in that game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Let's see, my first sim was Jacob Wright. He ended up becoming involved with Jon Lessens and they adopted two children. That was my longest surviving Legacy to date. I got to the 7th generation before it went dead due to a patch update. I didn't know if there were consequences for choosing to not delete all of your save files, so of course I deleted them! I'll never forget the family though, they basically ruled Riverview!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    My very first sim was a replica of Agnetha, the blond singer of ABBA (well, I tried..). With her I started to explore things in the game. And right at the time I finally succeeded for her to have a boyfriend and was planning to get her pregnant, she spontaneously started to celebrate her birthday. Oh, cool, I thought and waited. She did a little pirouette, there were some sparkles and the next moment I was looking at granny. That took me by surprise :D Since she couldn't get any babies anymore, I decided to leave her and create my second family ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    My first sims family was a couple, I don't remember well but I guess I didn't play very long with them...The first family I played with for a while was a couple and the female part of it her mother, the couple got 2 children. A boy and a girl...I actually realy enjoyed that time. I was 8-9 years old and I didn't know about forums and stuff like that, and cc. I also only had the base game (I also didn't know about expansiosn so yeah...)
  • Options
    ErinRosadoErinRosado Posts: 77 Member
    My first Sims 3 game, I played with two female Sims. One of them was called Indiana and she was basically a character from one a story I was writing. This was on my old laptop that died so I have no screenshots, sadly. She had long blonde hair and she was athletic, ambitious, family-oriented, and I forget what else. She met Leighton Sekemoto while at work, and they hit it off, having a few traits in common. They ended up having a lot of kids, which they were happy about, but of course, it wasn't too long before Indiana was wanting to go back to work. I can't remember exactly what else happened, but I ended up moving Leighton out because I got bored of him and I liked it with Indiana and Ashley (the other Sim in the household).

I don't remember much about Ashley's story in this game, but I eventually made another game with her because I liked her better. I had married her off to Leighton for the lols, and because he could take care of the kids, and they had two sets of twins. The three girls looked like Ashley, with her ginger hair and green eyes, and the boy looked ... weird. He always looked stern and had a monobrow. Anyway, one day, while Leighton was at work, Sam was at school, and the toddlers were playing, a fire broke out, and Ashley died. :cry:

And that was how I learned to save often.
  • Options
    Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    My first sim was Tiana Li. I tried to make her look Asian, she actually looks more like a Pacific Islander. She was a doctor in Bridgeport. She married Romeo Rake and at the wedding Elvira Slayer, Tiana's boss, accused him of cheating. After that they moved to Roaring Heights and had a son and a daughter that were not the most attractive adults. They remodeled the garden house and I added a secret basement science lab under that structure with the elevator in the back yard. They were living HEA, so I felt done with them. I had never even heard of the idea of a legacy, so it didn't occur to me to keep going with one of the kids to spice things up.
  • Options
    gamerplaya94gamerplaya94 Posts: 106 Member
    In the original Sims my family was my parents and my sister. The only reason I didn't add myself is because the first game didn't have toddlers and since there is an eight year age difference between me and her I'd figure that I might as well be born into the game rather than made in create a sim. In the second game it was a family of six, two parents, three kids (2 children and 1 toddler) and a grandfather, and in the Sims 3 my first family had two parents and two kids (both teens), and thanks to the option to turn off aging I still play with that family and all the other families I've created for Sunset Valley but transferred over to Los Aneigos.
    k657Sd0.png
  • Options
    figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    Nice everyone.
    simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited November 2015
    1 word... Hideous.

I made an mum, a dad, a child and an overweight auntie, who lost weight and fell in love with a ghost. (sigh)
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    I first got into Sims around 2007 when I bought The Sims 2 Pets for the Wii. I had never played a Sims game before, and I always liked games that let you "create your own" things. I remember the first Sim I ever made was a weird looking pale woman with a pink sweater, a green scarf, glasses and too much blue makeup. I think I named her Sheryl or Shelly or something like that.
    But if we're talking about Sims 3, IIRC my first ever family was a pretty single mom with dark skin and (strangely) blue eyes, as well as her two teenage daughters. I didn't play the family for very long, though, it was more of a test to see how well the game ran on my laptop.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • Options
    XavyXavy Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2015
    My first sim family (in TS3) was a brother and sister, Blaine and Violet, and the sister's best guy friend, Aiden. It was funny because I made Blaine get at least half the ladies in town preggers, then eventually fall in love with and marry Aiden to settle down. :lol: They adopted a child who's name I can't remember. Violet ended up marrying some random townie I gave a makeover and popped out a couple of babies after she mastered the business career.
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    I remember getting my sims pregnant right away, and barely managing the baby and toddler stage.
    I remember gosh-darn Stiles McGraw and trying to romance him (he never returned my affections)
    I remember always having straight couples
    I remember my plum houses and my plum decorating (I swear I didn't know that there were more colors than beige!)
    I remember making houses that were way too big, and rooms that were so large I could barely decorate them.
    I remember first learning about cheats, and how I used them nonstop.
    I remember having a dysfunctional family, and the mother practically lived downstairs, as she couldn't bear to see her husband.
    I love the stories I can create with this amazing game :smile:
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Kandy I definitely remember with Sims 1 and 2 making houses so big and sparcely decorated they looked like vacant lots just to avoid routing errors! Thankfully as my time in TS2 went on, I learned they were capable of moving around in much smaller spaces, fairly certain Apartment Life helped me realise this and thankfully it did!

Come to think of it, I only mentioned my first Sims 3 family. I honestly can't remember my first Sims family. I remember rarely having kids though because the children in TS1 didn't age so if you had a kid you had a kid for life. You didn't age either. I'm fairly certain that I always played as female characters, it was only with TS3 that I began to favour playing as male characters because, honestly, I don't really like most of TS3 female idle noises. That said, I've relaxed about it a bit more and am proud to say I have had female heirs!
    Post edited by MiyuEmi on
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    StarLit8269StarLit8269 Posts: 84 Member
    I created a chubby aquamarine haired sim in CAS and two horses and moved her into Appaloosa Plains. She worked at one of the diners, her love life was horrible, she just couldn't find anyone to start a family with so she adopted a child and proceeded to spoil her daughter rotten while they both became championship riders.
  • Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    I love the idea of this thread!
    My first Sims3 family was a Native American couple. I concentrated mainly on the wife and started learning how to fish. I wanted a pond for her to fish in that was closer to their home, so I added one in their yard, but didn't understand how to add different types of fish in the pond. I eventually had so many fishbowls that she was constantly feeding fish trying to keep them alive. Eventually they had a little baby girl and I started to learn about raising Sims3 kids. I switched computers around that time and lost the whole family. Wish they were still around.
  • Options
    SOLARTONEZSOLARTONEZ Posts: 119 Member
    My first sim was a woo hooer. He had 10 children with 10 different mothers. Then chaos ensued which i wasn't ready to handle for a noob.