Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmers Gab [S2E7: Live Stream of City Living-11/1]

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Are you guys going to do a "Year In Review" episode?

That's a good idea
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »

That's a good idea

didn't the season just start? so confused.
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member

That's a good idea

It'll be more like a year in review of all things sims and maybe simlit related. They could talk about all of the releases from this year. Share their opinions about it and how they feel about the direction the game is going and how it affects their storytelling and what not. Etc etc.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options

That's a good idea

It'll be more like a year in review of all things sims and maybe simlit related. They could talk about all of the releases from this year. Share their opinions about it and how they feel about the direction the game is going and how it affects their storytelling and what not. Etc etc.

i love when they share their opions . lol. not sarcasm. i watch the videos they make i have yet to watch lgr.
  • Options

That's a good idea

i love when they share their opions . lol. not sarcasm. i watch the videos they make i have yet to watch lgr.

Yeah, I thought of them when I watched a few videos of people "gushing" over the new Butler pack. :neutral: And it made me wonder about this year as whole for sims and were we honestly satisfied with the game. Truth be told, I have one foot out the door with the other sliding toward the exit on this game.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I think people gush over these things because it’s something new. I don’t think most people actually consider what they’re paying for, and EA is probably banking on that lol. However, I will be buying the pack just so I can talk about it lol.

I do like the idea of butlers though. It’s something I’ve wanted for a long time although it irritates me that I’m going to have to pay for it now when it was previously just part of the game! I hope they can live with you like in TS3. I tried to create a system like that with clubs once. I created a club with two people, and the club’s tasks were cook, clean, fix stuff, and be nice to children lol. It would be a perfect scenario if they didn’t cook so much! Anyway…

I just want to apologize for our prolonged, unexplained absence! Between travel, holiday, crazy work schedules, and good ol fashioned life crap, we haven’t been able to get together. I would have loved to have given you all some warning, but things have been so up in the air. Not sure when we’ll return, but hopefully soon. Thanks for keeping the conversation going!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I think people gush over these things because it’s something new. I don’t think most people actually consider what they’re paying for, and EA is probably banking on that lol. However, I will be buying the pack just so I can talk about it lol.

I do like the idea of butlers though. It’s something I’ve wanted for a long time although it irritates me that I’m going to have to pay for it now when it was previously just part of the game! I hope they can live with you like in TS3. I tried to create a system like that with clubs once. I created a club with two people, and the club’s tasks were cook, clean, fix stuff, and be nice to children lol. It would be a perfect scenario if they didn’t cook so much! Anyway…

I just want to apologize for our prolonged, unexplained absence! Between travel, holiday, crazy work schedules, and good ol fashioned life plum, we haven’t been able to get together. I would have loved to have given you all some warning, but things have been so up in the air. Not sure when we’ll return, but hopefully soon. Thanks for keeping the conversation going!

life happens.
  • Options

I just want to apologize for our prolonged, unexplained absence! Between travel, holiday, crazy work schedules, and good ol fashioned life plum, we haven’t been able to get together. I would have loved to have given you all some warning, but things have been so up in the air. Not sure when we’ll return, but hopefully soon. Thanks for keeping the conversation going!

you know what i thout would be cool cutting room floor. i love bloopers.
  • Options
    HA! We’ve got plenty of them lol. Maybe one day I’ll make a blooper reel.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    HA! We’ve got plenty of them lol. Maybe one day I’ll make a blooper reel.

yipppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppie.
  • Options

No need for apologies. I assumed that was the case, it is the holiday season after all.

As for this upcoming stuff and all of the stuff packs in general, they're all stuff that could have been included in an update. You're paying $10 for a butler NPC just like you pay for a wishing well, ice cream machine, monsters under the bed and a big screen tv. I'm not sure what can be added to a stuff pack that could ever validate the cost. The only way I'll buy a stuff pack is when it's included in a bundle. I'm finally going to get the Dine Out one with the Romantic Garden and Movie hangout for like $25. I see like $15/$5/$5.

It just seems like all of the stuff released this year are half-baked ideas. Like they're selling us beta versions of stuff and we're paying them to test there little experiments.
  • Options

No need for apologies. I assumed that was the case, it is the holiday season after all.

As for this upcoming stuff and all of the stuff packs in general, they're all stuff that could have been included in an update. You're paying $10 for a butler NPC just like you pay for a wishing well, ice cream machine, monsters under the bed and a big screen tv. I'm not sure what can be added to a stuff pack that could ever validate the cost. The only way I'll buy a stuff pack is when it's included in a bundle. I'm finally going to get the Dine Out one with the Romantic Garden and Movie hangout for like $25. I see like $15/$5/$5.

It just seems like all of the stuff released this year are half-baked ideas. Like they're selling us beta versions of stuff and we're paying them to test there little experiments.

Yep. I forget…how much were stuff packs in TS3? I remember getting a lot more stuff in those. Lots of hair, clothes, and objects…and not just one thing in different colors.
    forum_final.png

• Options

Yep. I forget…how much were stuff packs in TS3? I remember getting a lot more stuff in those. Lots of hair, clothes, and objects…and not just one thing in different colors.

I think I may have had one or two stuff packs for TS3. But I do remember there being a fairly good amount of stuff on those. I kind of have to give TS4 the benefit with variations because there's no color wheel. The bulbum with TS3 was the shop where you spent $1 for 1 little item like a hat or like $30 for a town. That was a con. That's why I just download cc instead.

And it's not just EA that's the problem, it's the whole modern gaming industry as a whole with this DLC crap. EA happens to be one of, if not the biggest, offenders of this.
  • Options

this i want because i know at some point the benders will break. (i'm such a optimist.lol) so at least my stories can actually look generational.

• Options

I think I may have had one or two stuff packs for TS3. But I do remember there being a fairly good amount of stuff on those. I kind of have to give TS4 the benefit with variations because there's no color wheel. The bulbum with TS3 was the shop where you spent $1 for 1 little item like a hat or like $30 for a town. That was a con. That's why I just download cc instead.

And it's not just EA that's the problem, it's the whole modern gaming industry as a whole with this DLC plum. EA happens to be one of, if not the biggest, offenders of this.

Agreed to all! It’s sad.
    forum_final.png

• Options

this i want because i know at some point the benders will break. (i'm such a optimist.lol) so at least my stories can actually look generational.

lol, hopefully the pack will come with enough stuff so you could actually do that. However, I’m not holding my breath.
    forum_final.png

• Options

lol, hopefully the pack will come with enough stuff so you could actually do that. However, I’m not holding my breath.

i don't plan too hold my breath. most writers have at least one completed story though 2 years and i'm still working on that he he.
  • Options

i don't plan too hold my breath. most writers have at least one completed story though 2 years and i'm still working on that he he.

actually, most writers don’t even complete their stories and probably would have given up after all the problems you’ve had. So, kudos to you for still trying to make it happen! I can count on one hand how many completed stories I’ve read.
    forum_final.png

• Options

actually, most writers don’t even complete their stories and probably would have given up after all the problems you’ve had. So, kudos to you for still trying to make it happen! I can count on one hand how many completed stories I’ve read.

i think i got attached to the charaters. lol when ayden aged to elder i turned off aging. i'mnot ready for that.
  • Options

i think i got attached to the charaters. lol when ayden aged to elder i turned off aging. i'mnot ready for that.

I think it’s good when we get attached to them. They make the story. But…yeah…eventually they have to go!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    edited December 2016

I think it’s good when we get attached to them. They make the story. But…yeah…eventually they have to go!

or it could be like star was with sequels.lol

at one point i had a new family i was working on for a story then mackie nominated the benders for a award. my blog was blank at the time.
  • Options
    Agreed to all! It’s sad.

The sad part is eventually I'm going to get all this stuff but I refuse to pay full price. lol

Also, word online is the next "pack" is going to have vampires. I need an eye roll emoji for this one.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Agreed to all! It’s sad.

The sad part is eventually I'm going to get all this stuff but I refuse to pay full price. lol

Also, word online is the next "pack" is going to have vampires. I need an eye roll emoji for this one.

Can you say Christmas sales?? I am waiting for the vintage one to go on sale.
  • Options
    Agreed to all! It’s sad.

Oh geez, are you serious? Shoot me. Guess that'll be two I won't buy. Still haven't bought the spooky stuff. #pointless
    forum_final.png

• Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    Agreed to all! It’s sad.

Can you say Christmas sales?? I am waiting for the vintage one to go on sale.

You may be waiting a while lol.
    forum_final.png