Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Vampire Of Willow Creek

Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
Authors Note:
This story is for @Carewren123 's short story competition: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845637/short-story-challenges-october-2-themes-are-scarier-than-1/p1
I used mods for the pictures, so all credit goes to the makers.

The Vampire of Willow Creek

Meet the characters:

Rose:
IMG

Jordan:
IMG

Prologue:

It’s 9:50pm, and Rose has ten minutes to get home before she misses curfew; (she really doesn’t want to anger her mum!) Packing up her homework, she prepares to depart from the library with Jordan, in order to reach Hallow Slough in time. She knows she won’t make it if she takes the long way round, but she might make it if she treks through the graveyard. The only problem is, it’s rumoured that a vampire lives there. But Rose doesn’t believe in vampires. Or should she?

awyonp.png[/img]

Story:

The moment Rose sets foot in the park, she realises something is amiss. It’s too… quiet. Ok, so it is 9:52pm, but it’s not a peaceful quiet. It’s more… spooky quiet. The weeping willows groan softly, as if they are dazed. Beneath her feet the grass is a dull green, like the colour of decay and disintegration. Dead flowers and bushes are dotted around, emitting a foul stench that Rose gags upon. There’s something about the atmosphere that makes Rose constantly take glimpses over her shoulder. For some unknown reason, she wants to grab Jordan to pull him close, to see if his heart is beating as fast as hers. Or – at least that’s the reason she tells herself. Dark as death, the night has the eerie feeling that seeps into your bones and makes you shiver, no matter how many warm clothes you have on.

Apparently, the uneasy atmosphere affects Jordan too. A self-assured, active, wanna-be body builder. The last person to be spooked. That’s the reason Rose wants to kiss him – or at least, that’s the reason she tells herself. Breaking into a jog, she gestures to Jordan to follow. Eager to get home quickly, (It’s 9:55pm), she doesn’t notice a large, greenish, mouldy stone…

IMG

Coming to her senses a few seconds later, Rose realises she is sprawled on the ground, muddy and cold; (darn her clumsy trait!) Getting up, dusting herself sown, she doesn’t notice something creeping up behind her and Jordan…

Boo! Jumping out of his skin, Rose comes face to face with a ghost. Snarling like a tiger that has just had its prey stolen, it lifts its arms in fury; its face contorted by an expression of pure rage. Legs fading into nothing, teeth are daggers, nails are talons. Scars across its face, Rose spins and runs back the way she came, Jordan following closely behind. THUNK! THUNK! Rose’s heart is pounding so hard she thinks it’s going to burst.

IMG

They run and run and run. Not looking back, Rose doesn’t realise the ghost has vanished into nothing. Suddenly, Rose spies a set of stairs. Bolting down them, she doesn’t stop to consider who or what could be lurking down there…
As soon as Jordan enters the basement he realises that coming down here was not a great idea. Maybe it was the blood red carpet or the mouldy panelling and peeling paintwork. Maybe it was the fact that everything had a dark magic about it, like the witches’ homes from the olden days.
“We gotta get out of here!” Jordan says, panic rising in his voice as he turns to face Rose.
“Oh, really.” A cackling voice comes from behind Jordan. “We’ll see about that.”

IMG

Rose’s heart leaps into her mouth as soon as she spies who the voice belongs to. Pit-black eyes that bulged out of her temples, scraggily curly black hair like rat tails circling her face. Her face – so taunt, so thin, so bony. It is like there is nothing in between her skull and her face. Her eyes are narrowed into slits and they turn down in a glare of supreme evil. She has no eyebrows, and her black make up coverers her eyes and her forehead. Her lips were covered in blood, and two fangs slid over her bottom lip, sharp as knives and as ragged as shards of broken glass. Wearing a long flowing blood red dress, there is only one thing she could be. A vampire.
“Jordan…” She murmurs. But Jordan is gone. After taking one look at the vampire, he had sprinted past Rose into the door behind her. “Jordan!” she says, panicking. Suddenly the vampire moves closer, and Rose backs up instinctively. All it takes is for her to trip up due to her clumsy trait, and she flies backwards through the door, landing on top of Jordan. Click! Clack! And just like that, the door is locked, preventing their escape.
It takes a few seconds for Rose to realise that she is lying on top of Jordan, her face inches away from his. Feeling an embarrassed moodlet rising, she rolls off him and sits up. Usually, she loves being clumsy. But obviously, today it is conspiring against her. With nothing better to do, she examines the room. It is completely bare, the concrete floor hard and cold beneath her, only reminding her of the desolate situation. The only furniture is an expensive, retro chandelier hanging dejectedly from the ceiling, set to its dimmest setting. Sending out a faint yellow glow, like an eerie, foggy outside-light, Rose could feel shivers up her spine. Not because Jordan is prodding her.
“Roazzzzz. I thing um dazzzzzzzzed.” He slurs. Jordan feels a sense of satisfaction as Rose turns around immediately. Holding up a mug of partially dunk coffee, he smiles as if he is drunk.
“Wow.” Jordan manages to note the sarcasm in her voice. “That must have been to sedate you – us. Did I ever tell you the story of Mum and Dad?”
“Nuh.”
“Well, Great Aunty Rachel built a rocket. Neither of them had any Rocket Science skill. So, in their stupidity, they flew it, for reasons that shall remain unmentioned. And guess what? They crashed. Neither of them could walk in a straight line for 4 hours. Or think straight, for that matter!” For some reason, Rose sounds amused, like she doesn’t care he has just compromised any quick means of escape. Plastering on a foolish smile, he hopes it is because she likes him. She starts to pace; it is all Jordan can do not to stare too dopily at her.

Suddenly, a light bulb goes off in Rose’s head. Taking a hair grip out, she kneels down by the door and gingerly sticks her hair grip into it. Feeling resistant, she hastily removes it. Tearing out a sheet of paper from her homework, she slides it under the door, before pushing her hair grip back through. There is a clatter, and slowly, Rose pulls her homework back from under the door. Lying conveniently on the homework, there is a key, which she quickly pockets.

IMG

“Oldest trick in the book!” she remarks proudly, looking at Jordan He still has that dopy look on his face. Shaking her head in despair, she begins to spell out the plan.
“So. The door is unlocked, and when we hear a toilet flush, we exit this roman lock the bathroom door. Even vampires need to go to the loo! Then we run, out of this creepy place, and go home. We don’t look behind us and we run in a straight line so to conserve energy. You clear!”
“Ya” Smiling slightly, Rose crouches by the door and begins to wait.
Suddenly, she hears it. The familiar sound of a flushing toilet.
“RUN!” she yells, flinging open the door.
Running like a cheetah, Rose tries to ignore the clapping thunder overhead. Her heart is in her mouth, and her breathing is so fast, rose has to take in massive gulps of air every so often, because she is breathing out so fast. Crunch! She tries to leap over a bush, but she misses, instead landing on the flower heads. Ears pounding, she is faintly aware of hard, angry footsteps behind her. She assumes the vampire is giving chase, although she can’t be certain. She can taste blood in her mouth, and her pulse is so loud, she wonders why it isn’t causing an earth quake. Squelch! Trampling through mud, her tracksuits become mucky but she doesn’t care because fear has overtaken her every emotion. Almost out of the grounds, she is almost safe, and that’s when she hears it.
A blood curdling scream rips the air. She spins on her heal, just in time to see the vampire’s fangs inches away from Jordan’s neck. She has him in an arm lock, against her chest.
“NOOOOOOO!” Rose yells, leaping into the air. She is vaguely aware of the desire to punch the vampire in the face, and save Jordan, although afterwards, she can never quite remember. What she can remember is a thunk! Colliding with the vampire, knocking her off her feet and away from Jordan, she does indeed punch her in the face, and the vampire falls to the ground, lifeless. Rose and Jordan both believe she is unconscious.
“Jordan, I’m sorry, I knew you were dazed, I should have waited, I should of…” But Rose is interrupted, by Jordan leaning in, and giving her a shy kiss. They both are oblivious to the world around them, and they don’t notice the vampire stand up and dust herself down.

IMG

“That was amazing, Rose.” Jordan begins. “I’m not dazed now, and you came back foe me. That’s what matters.” He adds. He might have added more, but Rose kisses him, and they stay in a tight embrace until the atmosphere is cruelly shattered.
“Well, we all like a happy ending.” The vampire sneers. Rose and Jordan hastily break apart and Jordan takes Rose’s hand, beginning to run.

IMG

Suddenly, the vampire bursts into tears. Rose spins, unsure of whether to cheer her up or not. “I just want to be loved!” she whimpers. “But no-one likes a loner who is evil and mean. Particularly if they are a vampire. So I kill men. I never wanted to harm you.” She makes a helpless gesture at Rose. Jordan tugs urgently at Rose’s hand, wanting to be gone. Smiling, Rose explains.
“You might not be able to change your traits. But you can change you actions. Just be nice. People will be surprised.”
“Just a tip, men don’t like you tearing their throats out.” Jordan laughs nervously.
“Try it. Any way, we need to get going. My mum won’t be happy that I’ve missed curfew. Just call us if you want a friendly face – voice – to chat to.” Rose adds. Satisfied the vampire is smiling, Rose squeezes Jordan’s hand, and they amble off together, into the night.

Epilogue:
“And that’s the story of how we met Aunty Vampire.” Rose is sitting at a campfire, snuggled up next to Jordan, telling her and Jordan’s their Halloween story. Aunty Vampire is there too, enjoying her holiday with the first people that ever showed her kindness.

IMG

“Now. Off to bed.” Jordan says to his kids. “You want to be up early tomorrow.”
“Aww, Dad!” the girl moans. I’m a teenager!”
“Teenager or not, do as your Dad says.” Rose smiles. “You need just as much sleep as them” she gestures to her sons. Frowning, she stomps off, tripping over a rock on the way.
“Honestly, love.” Rose remarks. “Do think being careful has ever crossed her mind?”
“Who does she remind you of?” Jordan replies. Rose playfully shoves him, and they follow their kids into the tent, hand in hand.
Aunty Vampire smiles at the space they leave. She loves them like her own kids, the ones she never had. She doesn’t expect to marry and have children now she’s an Elder, but the love they Rose, Jordan and their kids show her is enough. She is finally content.

IMG

EkpFDaf.png
Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen

Comments

• ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I love how rose saved Jordan! And also good advice. You can't change your traits, but you can change your actions! Far too many evil sims don't understand this. I shall make them all read your story!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I love how rose saved Jordan! And also good advice. You can't change your traits, but you can change your actions! Far too many evil sims don't understand this. I shall make them all read your story!

Thank you! Sorry about the multiple grammar errors! I was rushing because I wouldn't have time to finish it
    after the 29th!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen