Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✿ Love Kids Stuff? Well Check This Out! ✿ Portuguese

Comments

• Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    @LadyMarmelade01 You're totally welcome! Now I have a grin from helping someone out, it sure feels good to be able to do that. We can both thank the sim folks for keeping those free bonus points ads going! Heaven only knows how they manage to keep those deals from falling apart. I played a obsessively years back and off & on since then. I bought the store back in those days but I was mostly a lurker here on the forums. I'm hoping to give TS3 another whirl as I have a bit more spare time to waste now. Again, you're very welcome & I hope you can find plenty of bargains to come. All of that new content can really reignite interest in the game. Its even a bit overwhelming, that's a LOT of content, its like a whole new game even. So much to play, so little time

There's a whole other thread about cascade deals that's currently below this one on this forum. And definitely learn all you can from that Daily Deals thread, that's just packed with savings information. Sry, as a new member I can't post direct links yet :(
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    @Dusty_Boots

THANK YOU SO, SO, SO MUCH!!!!! This is so generous and sweet <3
    And yes it worked perfectly fine. I´m so happy right now. I think I won´t stop smiling today ;) So again, thank you very much.

I´m playing the Sims for quite a while now (started years ago) but I never got into the store in detail. I recently discovered all this amazing tips and I ´m very impressed by all the helpful information that has been shared. o:)

I'm the same. I've been with Sims 3 since 2010 but I haven't been active on the website, the store or the forums at all within the 7 years. Only about 6-8 months ago did I become active when I realised that I could farm an almost endless amount of simpoints on the website. I joined the forums again, especially the gifting directory, and within 3-4 months I owned the whole store with the help of many generous people. :)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2017
    Here are all the links you could possibly need for the journey to owning the store, just read the rules on page 1 from the links:

The Gifting Directory
    Complete a Set
    Cascades & Daily Deals
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    @Dusty_Boots
    Yes, the free bonus ads. They are the reasons why I started buying things from the store. And I had much luck before. But strangely since the beginning of the year I rarely get any. In September I had plenty free ads and now I feel lucky when I get 5 ads per day. I´m wondering if anybody is experiencing the same? Hopefully it will get better.
    Thank you for the hint.
    @Jahnna
    wow that´s an impressing time to own the whole store. :D
    I´m not looking to own it all, but there are so many sets still left that I want to have o:)
    Thank you for the links. I´ll have a look (and hopefully the courage to post ;) )
    Since I´m strangely not able to edit, another comment :D
    @Dusty_Boots
    You´re totally right, I cant wait to play with all the new stuff for my kids. I absolutely love all the sweet decor things. They look so adorable. <3
    @LadyMarmelade01 The free bonus point ads - I've dropped in here over the years and in my, albeit limited, experience the ads seem to come in a torrent starting in fall and throughout the year-end holidays. After that they seem to reduce to a trickle of the volume with some increases around other various holidays. Understandable, they want high exposure for their money and I'd guess the Store & website are busiest at such times. I think the availability of ads is also highly dependent on your location. People that live in or near big cities just naturally seem to receive more ads than rural locations. And lastly, iirc there's many areas around the globe where there are advertising black holes, with users never getting any ads at all. That's probably because of either some odd local law (simpoints *are* a form of currency) and/or because there's simply no local advertisers signed up with EA's Store program for that region. Again, an advertiser would be silly to spend on ads in a location where the users can't access their service/goods. There's always exceptions but that seems to be generally true.

When you're hunting ads make sure to temporarily disable any sort of Ad-blocking software you may use. If you're using a current version of Chrome it may be causing issues with Flash content. Chrome is phasing out Flash support and some users have experienced that browser simply rejecting Flash content. There's more information on how to deal with that possibility here: h---ttps://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-chrome.html

;) Oh just you wait until you get some of that premium content that adds new gameplay! You definitely will need to plan ahead because you'll lose some serious time checking it all out :o And no, sadly we new members can't edit our posts at first. As we level up we get increased forum privileges. We can all thank the snarky spammers & spambots for that little inconvenience. >:)
    @Dusty_Boots
    Concerning the free ads: That makes sense. At least I get a few :D
    I´ll check for ad-blocking software :) Yeah, I noticed that Chrome often doesn't work that well. Therefore I often switch to Mozilla Firefox which has been working a little bit better in the past.

Oh, I saw you gifted me again! Thank you so much!!!!!!!! <3 I can´t express my gratitude! This is so generous and I feel very undeserving for it o:)
    Sadly I won´t be able to play that soon, since I somehow manage to crash my games. Now I´m searching for solutions to fix everything without needing to re-install everything hopefully.
    Nevertheless I can´t wait to play and try out all the new stuff. <3

Just shortly after I posted I found the new member threat where the rules were explained. :p
    @LadyMarmelade01 You're totally welcome! Please don't feel strange about any gifts. Random gifting is something I, and many others here, enjoy doing when I can. I especially enjoy gifting/helping members that are new to the whole Store experience -its such a blast! B) And hey, all I had to do was watch some ads while resting my back & enjoying some coffee. I just wish there was more to spread around so more simmers could enjoy all this added content! I'm sorry to hear that your PC is having some troubles and I hope its an easy fix for you. I'm in desperate need of a new one myself so, except for older titles, most of my gaming is on hold atm. :(
  • ShiarenShiaren Posts: 16 Member
    Oh wow, although I've played Sims for years I only recently started using the store and never realized there were all these mechanics to it! And this one worked perfectly! :)
    @Dusty_Boots
    I just realized you had a note send with your last gift :D I´m blind I suppose o:) and yes I did already bring up the courage to actually post :)
    Now you got me irritated and interested for these glitches. I saw a review recently which said that there may be troubles with selling food on the lot. :/
    I yet have to find a decent solution to my game issues but that has to wait a little bit since I still have real life calling for me :# But I can´t wait to try the Bakery out. :)
    Oh I know that problem. My computer isn't that good as well. I tried to install Assassins Creed 2 (while back ago) and I took much effort to make it work :D Wish you much luck with yours. Hopefully you´ll get a good deal for a new one. (Since they´re so expensive)

@Shiaren
    I know :D It´s the same with me. I wish you happy simming with all the new content.
    @LadyMarmelade01 Thank you! It's just so much stuff I'm having trouble finding everything in game.. especially because all of the items don't seem to have the Store icon that indicates it's from the store :#
    I'm also digging through all sorts of store tips and tricks-threads, I'm so addicted to store and CYS now :D It's very satisfying to see the price of a set go down....
    Happy simming! :)
    @Shiaren
    Oh, I know that so well. And some items even show up in strange categories.... :# therefore I started to organize every set in a collection, but sadly many of these sets don´t come with any collection file icon. And the in-game ones aren´t that good. Maybe collections could be helpful for you too?
    Nice, I do so aswell o:)
    Yes, Daily Deal shopping is very addicting :D Especially when you realize you lowered your CYS so much you´ll get the set for free in the next row. Had that happen now for a couple of deals :D Hopefully you have that feeling soon as well. <3
    By the way is "Shiaren" your sims 3 store page name aswell?
    @LadyMarmelade01
    Oh collections sound very useful, though it does seem to require some effort and time to make them, mostly in the sense of finding the items :D But I'm definitely going to try that, thanks for the tip!
    I hope so too aswell, should be achievable with few sets soon enough B) Sadly some of the sets I want aren't part of the Daily Deal rotation so getting those are slower :'(
    No, my name there is Delfu, for some reason I couldn't register with that name here because the name was suppoesdly taken :|
    @Shiaren
    Yes, it is true. Making collections takes a lot of time. Especially if you search for something in the misc decor section (nothing is less organized in the game than this section)
    No problem. :wink:
    I send you a friend request if that´s okay with you? I´ve never tried that before :blush: but I thought I give it a shot since I´m feeling a little bit lonely on the Sims 3 page :)
    @LadyMarmelade01
    Yeah, I've noticed that too :D Need to put some time aside for that soon.
    That is perfectly fine, I accepted it too :blush: It's nice to have some friends there for change :D
    @LadyMarmelade01
    Yay, me too :blush: Even got some sort of badge for it :D
    @LadyMarmelade01
    Thank you :D:smiley:
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Oh wow, I had no idea... It looks like it worked, too!

thank you @Franny :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Hello!
    I completed the cascade a couple of weeks ago, it totally works still!
    I was so happy about it because I always wanted to complete the kids sets, they're so cute! <3

So thank you for this thread Franny! and to everyone else that has helped to spread the knowledge!
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • rebekah_lindseyrebekah_lindsey Posts: 27 Member
    Hello! I'm going to try to do the Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun Cascade! I put some of the objects on my wishlist if any of you are willing to help:) Sims 3 username is rebekah_lindsey3

Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=rebekah_lindsey3
  • JarvSAURUSJarvSAURUS Posts: 7 New Member
    New member here trying out to collect store items, there are so many good guides here and it's been very helpful. Thanks a lot o:)

Here's my wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JarvSAURUS
  • bee0321bee0321 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you for posting this Franny! The sets are adorable :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top