Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"It's Done!" - Charliimai's The Lost Dancer

Comments

• Options
    NoaLynNoaLyn Posts: 291 Member
    Yes yes yes! *celebrates the thread for celebrating stories*
    I love reading completed stories and it's just Great that you made them easy to find now @CathyTea
    vBp04Gl.png
    -//My Simpress\\-
    -//My Simblr\\-
    -//Origin ID: NoaLyn\\-
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob oh I misunderstood XD I thought you wanted to this for stories the day they were completed ^^

@Julyvee94 I think eventually it would be around the time the stories finish, but since there's so many good finished stories out there, starting with those would be the best :)
    CathyTea wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

I'd love to do that here! Obviously it would be an irregular type of discussion happening as and when stories finish, but I think it would be fun. And the hosts could obviously vary, it wouldn't necessarily always be myself Since I don't think it's feasible for one person to read everything :)

Go for it! If you want to start with Discovery, that would be so cool! Anytime you and @Julyvee94 want would be great!

(and you know what? I think I've read all of these except for Murder Most Plum! LOL! And that's on my reading list.)

We could do this for Discovery some time next week perhaps? I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday, so it doesn't fall too close to book club.

A nice perk of the wrap up discussion would be that it would keep this thread alive and bump it, so all of the stories would get more exposure, not just whichever one would be discussed that week :)

Murder Most Plum is such a fabulous name, I need to read that!
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I read A Murder Most Plum as it was coming out! It is great!!

By the way, I think this thread is serving it's purpose already. I've had a spike in activity on my blog for my completed stories.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I read A Murder Most Plum as it was coming out! It is great!!

By the way, I think this thread is serving it's purpose already. I've had a spike in activity on my blog for my completed stories.

I've noticed the same! A few readers read all of Walden Once More and Harrington's Wonder Child! So nice to see those old words being heard again!

I'm also hoping that this provides us with incentive to finish more projects! Especially those of us (like me) who are forever starting new ones!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    We've just finished #wheresfree ! Such an awesome project, thanks to the talented and creative participants. Thanks so much to everyone who took part. <3<3<3

For Free/Em/Am's adventures: @JordanNicoleJJ , @FloorRaisin , @ra3rei <3

For the Elder sightings: @plastiekzakske , @Rorygilmore34 , @SummerFalls , @ShannonSimsFan , @Anemone7 , @VanityHigh , @AkramA , @Meggles , @ThePlumbob , @Pegasus143 , @Munterbacon , @chealsycat

Love to all of you! <3

And to readers, vadish, always!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Carewren123 I started reading your Ana Pringle story ages ago (as you were writing it), and after my Sims break, I am back and I have finsihed reading it! Loved it! It was great to see the story unfold. You must be chuffed with it!

@VanityHigh I spotted your Murder Most Plum was being heralded on this thread so I thought I'd give it a look. Brilliant! Definately kept me guessing right to the end! Well done!
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    cully_c wrote: »
    @Carewren123 I started reading your Ana Pringle story ages ago (as you were writing it), and after my Sims break, I am back and I have finsihed reading it! Loved it! It was great to see the story unfold. You must be chuffed with it!

@VanityHigh I spotted your Murder Most Plum was being heralded on this thread so I thought I'd give it a look. Brilliant! Definately kept me guessing right to the end! Well done!

Thanks! :) Ana will always have special place in my heart, because she was my first story. I had never written a story SimsLit or otherwise before then. (Except maybe when I was in school). I am pretty darn happy with how it all turned out, especially since I just dove in without a clue as to what I was doing. LOL
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    *blushes* thanks guys! I love a murder mystery, I do!

Aaaand as always @CathyTea a most excellent thread. I'll need to work my way through some of these :heart:
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Thanks! :) Ana will always have special place in my heart, because she was my first story. I had never written a story SimsLit or otherwise before then. (Except maybe when I was in school). I am pretty darn happy with how it all turned out, especially since I just dove in without a clue as to what I was doing. LOL

Oh dear! Just saw your Apocalypse story banner... right up my street!! Must...resist! I am trying to get my wonderchild story finished! I'm only doing it as, like, a four page short, but I keep getting distracted by you guys and your tales! :# grrr! lol

And don't even mention my legacy! :)
  • Options

Oh dear! Just saw your Apocalypse story banner... right up my street!! Must...resist! I am trying to get my wonderchild story finished! I'm only doing it as, like, a four page short, but I keep getting distracted by you guys and your tales! :# grrr! lol

And don't even mention my legacy! :)

Oh, don't resist! She's got a very kind schedule--kind to busy readers, with just a few posts each week. I hope you follow along--it will be great to have you with us for the journey, and this has all the love and warmth of Ana Pringle, plus!

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    A murder most plum is the next on my List! :) also is this discussing the stories going to happen, @CathyTea? Who would organize it?
  • Options
    A murder most plum is the next on my List! :) also is this discussing the stories going to happen, @CathyTea? Who would organize it?

Oh, I hope it happens! I was sort of hoping that @ThePlumbob would just dive in and start asking you questions on some Monday or Tuesday (isn't that when you two were thinking would be good?), but if you feel that it might run more smoothly with a little organization, I'll be happy to--unless anyone else wants to!

So.... with that in mind... @ThePlumbob and @Julyvee94 would you two like to have a conversation this week about Discovery?

If so, you two choose the day that works well for you--choose your convenient time, too. I think you're close to the same timezone with each other, give or take an hour or two.

The way I see it working is like this: the Interviewer (in this case, @ThePlumbob ) will talk with the writer (in this case @Julyvee94 ) about the work, including the process of writing it, any specific challenges faced, and so on. Readers would be welcome to join in the conversation, posing their own questions, too.

How does this sound?

• Options

Oh, I hope it happens! I was sort of hoping that @ThePlumbob would just dive in and start asking you questions on some Monday or Tuesday (isn't that when you two were thinking would be good?), but if you feel that it might run more smoothly with a little organization, I'll be happy to--unless anyone else wants to!

So.... with that in mind... @ThePlumbob and @Julyvee94 would you two like to have a conversation this week about Discovery?

If so, you two choose the day that works well for you--choose your convenient time, too. I think you're close to the same timezone with each other, give or take an hour or two.

The way I see it working is like this: the Interviewer (in this case, @ThePlumbob ) will talk with the writer (in this case @Julyvee94 ) about the work, including the process of writing it, any specific challenges faced, and so on. Readers would be welcome to join in the conversation, posing their own questions, too.

How does this sound?

I think I asked July if Tuesday was good for her last week, but I don't think I saw anything, and then I got preoccupied with RL and completely forgot, sorry! I'd still love to do this, but I don't have a lot of time to come up with really good questions this upcoming week, how about week after though? Say Tuesday evening? (European evening, that is :))
  • Options

How does this sound?

I think I asked July if Tuesday was good for her last week, but I don't think I saw anything, and then I got preoccupied with RL and completely forgot, sorry! I'd still love to do this, but I don't have a lot of time to come up with really good questions this upcoming week, how about week after though? Say Tuesday evening? (European evening, that is :))

Yeah... you're starting a new job, aren't you? AWESOME! That's so exciting. That sounds good to me to start this the week after!

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @ThePlumbob @CathyTea Tuesday evening is normally difficult for me :( could it be Monday or Wednesday instead? ^^ I didn't exactly know what the Plan was that's why I asked about organization. But this way works perfectly too ;)
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob @CathyTea Tuesday evening is normally difficult for me :( could it be Monday or Wednesday instead? ^^ I didn't exactly know what the Plan was that's why I asked about organization. But this way works perfectly too ;)

We can be flexible! How about the two of you decide what works well, and then you can let us know?

• Options
    Just realised I do actually have a completed story! Lol! Yes, yes, I know I (me!) actually finished something! It's true!

I did an asylum challenge ages ago and did a write up HERE. Looking for something short? You found it!
  • Options
    Just realised I do actually have a completed story! Lol! Yes, yes, I know I (me!) actually finished something! It's true!

I did an asylum challenge ages ago and did a write up HERE. Looking for something short? You found it!

Great! I've added it!

• Options

Great! I've added it!

Just saw! My name in lights! Woohoo!
  • Options

That's completely fine @Julyvee94 ! I'll send you a message later tonight and we can work out when would be the best :)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Ahhh @ThePlumbob @Julyvee94 I'm so excited! Guess I should get my butt in gear and finish Discovery, huh? :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 You definitely should :) I reckon you'll read it all in one go - I was so eager to learn more after each update!

As for the discussion day, July and I agreed that Sunday evening (European time) will work the best; that way the folks in the US should also be able to participate real time since it's the weekend :)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Yay, thank you for taking US folks into consideration too! Darn timezones :lol: (I don't have my work schedule yet but hopefully I will be around Sunday afternoon (my time). :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @CitizenErased14 You definitely should :) I reckon you'll read it all in one go - I was so eager to learn more after each update!

As for the discussion day, July and I agreed that Sunday evening (European time) will work the best; that way the folks in the US should also be able to participate real time since it's the weekend :)

Sounds great! Let's be sure to announce it at the Lounge, and I'll do some official announcing of it here on this thread... when I can find my "official" hat!