Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRING BACK SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION ON ORIGIN!!! PLEASE!!

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    The fact that TS2:UC is still technically available is like this odd little Easter Egg in the gaming world. Though, I do think that they should at least offer it as an "On the House" special on Origin every once in a while. Maybe for the 20th anniversary of The Sims...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • WeenisWeenis Posts: 2 New Member
    I was just able to contact EA today (January 29, 2016) and inquire about the Ultimate Collection. I told them that I have hard copies of the disks, but I am unable to play in compatibility mode on Windows 10, and Korina hooked me up, no questions asked. EA is the best!!
  • R06ring17R06ring17 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'll help you guys get it for free.
    1. Go to contact ea
    2. Log in
    3. Go to choose a game and select Sims 2, hit next.
    4. Choose PC, next.
    5. When it asks you your problem, just say Game info. And say you feel your missing out.
    6. Go to live chat. Some one will contact you first.
    7. Say "hi my name is_____ and i wasn't aware of the sims 2 ultimate collection deal from last year. I was wondering if I could still get it now?
    8. You should mention that you have sims 3 or 4
    9. They may ask you security question but they should put the game directly into your origin account or they will send you a code.
    10. The game is all yours!!

Tried the steps above, but every time I hit the Live Chat button, it says 'Sorry Page not found'. Yet on the page, all the expansion packs for Sims 2, including all the expansion packs, are there. So I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    R06ring17 wrote: »

Tried the steps above, but every time I hit the Live Chat button, it says 'Sorry Page not found'. Yet on the page, all the expansion packs for Sims 2, including all the expansion packs, are there. So I have no idea what's going on here.

Do you have Facebook? I spent 3 hours waiting on live chat and never got a response. Messaging the EA Help Facebook page worked though.
  • dave64836dave64836 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just to add, I went on chat, uploaded pics of my Sims 2 collection and the rep gave me the Ultimate Collection with no problem whatsoever. This occurred within the last several weeks of 2017. So, it's still available.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I really wish they would still offer this. I mean I only heard about the free thing from 2015 i think it was? this year and it sucks cause I love the sims games. I used to have nearly every expansion for the game but lost them a few years ago. I now own digital copies of a bout 2/3 of the sims 3 and every copy of the sims 4 I buy as soon as I get the chance when they come out. (I'm only missing the newest one the parenting one and only for a week more until I can afford it.)
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Really wish this was still available, I once had practically all of the TS2 expansions along with my sister (we shared a computer), over time I'm not really sure what happened to them. I think some were probably left when we moved, is there any way to buy it on Origin?
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    So, you dug through the forums to find this thread, but you skipped the following thread which is located right on this page?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p36

You don't even have to read the whole thread to find the answers you seek...
    So, you dug through the forums to find this thread, but you skipped the following thread which is located right on this page?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p36

You know, I DID read ALL of it. Maybe you didn't. Unless you have a CURRENT copy of the game you can't get it. To buy another copy is $100 plus on the few obscure places online selling a copy anymore. So, yeah, not really an option when even those copies sell out way to fast.

also, no i didn't dig through the forums. THis thread shows up when you look on google as does the other one.
    edited June 2017
    I'm going to try it without a new code, but I'm not sure how much luck I will have, let you all know when I know.
    Okay, I tried doing it through live chat and after they asked for my accounts associated email they closed out of chat themselves and now I can't get in through chat. Will try calling their phone line to see if that will help during their normal business hours after 9AM. Okay, I called back. They can get it to you, but only if you have proof of having a sims 2 game meaning the code and a picture of the box and CD. SO, you have to have a physical copy. Therefore I renew my feeling of I wish they'd bring the collection back up for purchase or whatever.
    Post edited by AutumnBladen on
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I'm going to try it without a new code, but I'm not sure how much luck I will have, let you all know when I know.
    Okay, I tried doing it through live chat and after they asked for my accounts associated email they closed out of chat themselves and now I can't get in through chat. Will try calling their phone line to see if that will help during their normal business hours after 9AM. Okay, I called back. They can get it to you, but only if you have proof of having a sims 2 game meaning the code and a picture of the box and CD. SO, you have to have a physical copy. Therefore I renew my feeling of I wish they'd bring the collection back up for purchase or whatever.

There are people who are getting it even without a game. It really depends on the rep you get. You have to be merciless and keep trying, sooner or later you will get a rep who will be more then happy to add it to your account. Also if you wanted to go the disk route, people have got it with a expansion code, it doesn't have to be base game. Good luck.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Yep I just got it 2 days ago. I wasn't so lucky with the first adviser, but the second one gave it to me even tho I had no disk nor anything related to ts2
    Yep I just got it 2 days ago. I wasn't so lucky with the first adviser, but the second one gave it to me even tho I had no disk nor anything related to ts2

Congrats! :)
    > @Elizabethsims said:
    > Yep I just got it 2 days ago. I wasn't so lucky with the first adviser, but the second one gave it to me even tho I had no disk nor anything related to ts2

How did you do this if you don't mind me asking? Glad you got it! :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

also, no i didn't dig through the forums. THis thread shows up when you look on google as does the other one.

Actually many players on this forum have been given UC without owning or proving they ever had any sims 2 related products at all although they are the lucky ones who asked and were simply given. I made a deal with them that I would purchase a brand new base game and give them the code in return for my UC.

Not sure which country you are in but the base game for sims 2 is nowhere near $100 I found it for $50.78 on the US amazon and £39.95 on the Amazon UK website and honestly I felt it was worth paying that in exchange for a full sims series so if they won't give it to you for nothing why not try make a similar deal as I did?

Also I think online chat appears to work better than phone when asking for the series for some reason..

@Elizabethsims

Well done/congrats and proves that it can still be done but it appears to be getting more hit and miss as time marches on :)

@BethanyShone

Have you tried contacting EA and asking for the series you may get lucky :)
    I actually just got it by starting a Live chat and sending a photo of my Sims 1 collection asking if it was possible to get them on Origin as my disk port no longer works, I was told The Sims 1 isn't on or supported by Origin but after asking for my email associated with my account he said as I was a valued EA customer he'd added The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to my account. I really can't wait to play them again!
    @BethanyShone

wooooohooooo well done enjoy and your game you deserve to :)
    @BethanyShone awesome! Congrats!
    JULES1111 wrote: »

There are people who are getting it even without a game. It really depends on the rep you get. You have to be merciless and keep trying, sooner or later you will get a rep who will be more then happy to add it to your account. Also if you wanted to go the disk route, people have got it with a expansion code, it doesn't have to be base game. Good luck.

that's good to know about the expansion code part!
    I know someone said you get better luck if you contact them through live chat, but for some reason it isn't giving me that option at all and insist I let them call me instead.
    @AutumnBladen

I know a lot of players experience certain problems on certain browsers when trying to contact EA for example I cannot get through to chat using chrome but can on Firefox other players it's the other way around-) could you try a different browser to see if that may be the problem? Also when I am choosing why I want to chat from the drop down menu I choose the problem I feel will get me through to chat easily and then apologize when I get through to a rep and tell them I could not find the correct info regards my problem and start asking them what I really want :)
    edited June 2017
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @AutumnBladen

I know a lot of players experience certain problems on certain browsers when trying to contact EA for example I cannot get through to chat using chrome but can on Firefox other players it's the other way around-) could you try a different browser to see if that may be the problem? Also when I am choosing why I want to chat from the drop down menu I choose the problem I feel will get me through to chat easily and then apologize when I get through to a rep and tell them I could not find the correct info regards my problem and start asking them what I really want :)

Okay, well, I'll definitely try that. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure if that's the problem since ti just simply isn't showing up as an option in the first place rather than failing to load, but I'll still try a different browser.

Edit: Sadly, even with a different browser that doesn't seem to be an option.
    @AutumnBladen

I cannot fathom what is going on for you I just went onto EA as if to start chat support and it was there?? I suppose then if you only have phone contact then that's the only way you are going to be able to get in touch and ask for UC so I would rehearse how you are going to go about it after all its worth a try especially on the chance you may actually get it..
    edited June 2017
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @AutumnBladen

I cannot fathom what is going on for you I just went onto EA as if to start chat support and it was there?? I suppose then if you only have phone contact then that's the only way you are going to be able to get in touch and ask for UC so I would rehearse how you are going to go about it after all its worth a try especially on the chance you may actually get it..

Yeah, I actually had old copies of the sims two that got lost due to water damage and my dad threw it out. So, after failing once to just up and ask for it I tried explaining that, but still no dice. I just keep getting told I have to have a picture of the CD, CD case, and the code for the disc. Plus, it's a bit more intimidating to just simply ask for it over the phone than it is to ask through a computer chat box and get told no repeatedly. I'm thinking of just hunting through half price books to find a copy. Since they sell it way cheaper than amazon seems to be. If I remembered what email I originally set up my sims 2 account they could do it that way, but that was so long ago and I was so young that I don't quite remember.