Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling all Hosts! Past, Present, and Future - Thread is up!

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
Thread is up! Modeling Competition Directory
(Closed)
Hopefully I tagged everyone. :sweat_smile:
@BeechNutBaby @spackichan @LadyEmillye @ColorMePink @peterpunch2000 @Mhamilton0911 @Jack's Creations @SassyDana @lionesskitty09 @Eliavah @_aa13ls10_ @Rinxes @Vanadis @chellemh29 @LilacErin @GITTE2001 @IncomingVirus @GreenLover331 @JoeJoe11 @InaMac69 @IceTigers21 @ladybug65 @ninisims1 @Evergreen226 @cheerio517 @MariTomKaulitZ @heather1306 @MiataPlay @TayTay4899 @Socallucyfan @firecrackergrrl @Neiph @TearsDropFast @BobSkellington @Cudan2 @Eli

I'm not quite sure how I want to go about this, so I'll just keep talking and you guys just...ya know, tell me your opinions. xD

Someone recently brought to my attention that making comps is a bit hard if you don't want to repeat themes or accidentally steal someone else's idea, especially if that person is inactive and none of their comps have been seen in a while. I know everyone has different opinions on reusing themes/ideas from inactive people or not, etc., but I'm not sure where we can draw the line other than only taking inspiration from comps, not copying them. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that we don't want people taking ideas from inactive people (I mean actually taking, as in running cycle 6 after cycle 5 stopped years ago, or copying everything about it; and since they can't be here to approve/disapprove those who ask), and we don't want people to spend a long time searching either. From my experience the forum search engine is a bit awkward to use, and sometimes keywords won't work (I typed in a whole title once, forum told me it found nothing....)

So to help people not only get inspiration for future comps, avoid people copying (mainly indirectly is the focus, I doubt someone would steal), and for other miscellaneous things (like nostalgia trips xD), I thought I'd set up a past, present, and future competitions thread that kept track of stuff.

I'm pretty sure we have hundreds of comps, so it's probably too much work? Not sure. It would be easier if we all pitched in to do this, buuut if it's too much work, maybe instead we can just list the themes that we remember?
Tell me what you think, but I want to list what I'm looking for to get us started.

Since modeling is slow moving it won't be that difficult to keep track of future and current ones, but the past ones are a bit harder to do. I also know that old comps, before we had our current format, bounced between multiple threads.

What I would like to do is have us start with our current comps. Everyone can list their current comps, and if anyone is making a comp soon they could add it to their post (useful to avoid creating the same idea at the same time. Not really a problem, but it could happen, especially if it was a suggestion someone posted for everyone to see). For current comps a link would be helpful for me, but it's not entirely needed since I can just click on them at the moment.

Then, I would like the hosts to list their old comps. Even ones that haven't seen the light of day in like, 3 years. If one of your comps is the old bouncing ones, I would like it if you just list the one where it listed the comp information. A link would be needed if it's not too much trouble.
Then, those who are willing to do this, can list the old comps they remember/participated in.

So a post format would look like this (feel free to copy and paste if you want):
Future comps:

Current comps:

Past comps:

Other past comps (those that belong to others):

Edit: New information xD
  • Just to make sure I said this correctly and people understand me, this is to keep track of old comps for inspiration, nostalgia, help to avoid copying (this is a just in case), and to keep track of titles (that part is new xD). I think we could also use it as a way to vote, community wise, for someone to bring back a comp idea. I'm not sure how that would work, just an idea since I see a few people wanting some comp ideas back. Honestly, no idea. xD
  • For the participated competitions that some of you are listing, I want to try and keep those only for old ones you did, so ones that just ended and beyond. Ones that are currently going on are not needed since they are on the front page at the moment and are relatively easy to find, and the hosts are probably going to list them themselves when they post. xD Speaking of which, try to avoid listing comps of people who are active, like Beech, unless they don't want to list them themselves. Helps to avoid repeats when I start making the list (after a while it will be hard to keep track).
  • Let's see......You can also list names of the comps you participated in if you remember them but don't have any links. Links would be preferred but those names help too. xD If you can't remember those, you can also provide a (preferably detailed) description of the comp. Someone else might have a link for it.
  • If the comps didn't make it past the sign-ups or didn't finish in general, include those as well! They'll have their own section, I think, or at least a label.
  • Some comps will have the same names as each other because they're based on a TV Show or game, etc. That is perfectly okay!

If no one cares about listing the old comps of inactive people (I am interested in seeing them even if no one is interested), then we could just focus on those who are active or have been active within the past year. Or you could list the themes instead of giving links.

If you still don't want to do the old comps, even for yours, then that's fine too. We can just start with our current ones and then move them to the "old section" after.

Sooo yeah. xD Let me know what you guys think. Also, I know that the current and upcoming was done before, but they never made it far it seemed.
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments

• Options
    InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    Brilliant idea, also maybe you could add "Still in Sign Up" as I know a lot of people comment on comps when sign ups are over. Then its all in one place.

My Active Comps
    Manly Man Modelling Cycle 5 - Here
    Dream Homes Cycle 1 (Sims 3) - Here
    Dream Homes Cycle 1 (Sims 4) - Cancelled due to lack of interest

Older Comps (Might be revived)
    She's Got The Look - Here
    Bring It On (Teen Comp) - Here
    Team Spirit - Here

Thats all I can think of for now <3

jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Options
    heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Hey sure this is a great idea! I'll list mine when get on pc and can grab links easy.
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    Awesome idea. Will start when I'm on my pc tonight.
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    Okay little one is taking a nap so here goes. I will update as I remember, hope that is okay?

IncomingVirus:

Future comps: Simpolitan Magazine - Editorial with a Twist (

Current comps: None

Past comps: Simpolitan Magazine Cycle 1 - 3 (Will ad the links later
    Simpolitan Magazine Men's edition
    Battle of the bands
    A Sim's summer holiday

Comps I entered:

There are quite a few, so I will update.

SNTFM - Aclavo (I know she still does them but not on the forums. She uses Youtube.)
    Miss Simiverse - LE (Can't remember how many cycles. I entered in a few cycles)

35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    Well mine isn't too hard to pitch in, but I'll get on computer after work. There's a few of the inactive ones that I really liked the look of and wish were back so I can list those ones too. ^^
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Will update this tonight after school and my doctors appointment! Lovely idea ! :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    ninisims1ninisims1 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Never hosted one so I will wait to see what is posted in case I think of some that haven't seen the light of day in awhile! :)
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Nice Mizzie! Always all organized! This will be harder for me, as I can only log on thru mobile right now, but I'll try to link later when I have more than 15 minutes. My biggest thing is the comp names. The super successful comp names are like a brand for the comp host. If someone were to take my comp name I'd be irate. Same with other comps. If I saw a name of a comp that I knew belonged to someone else I'd raise a whole stink about it.... Juss sayin'.

Mhamilton0911:
    Future comps: probably just more cycles of comps I already have.

Current comps: In Focus, cycle 2 men's edition.

Past comps: In Focus cycle 1, Ambitious cycle 1

Oh jeez.. I'll make a list and return.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @heather1306 @IncomingVirus @spackichan @TayTay4899 @ninisims1
    I'm glad you guys think it's a good idea! ^-^ I'm not sure how well it can be done with so many comps under this communities belt, but anything is helpful. Thank you for considering this!
    And no need to rush! Take your time everyone. :smiley: I know not everyone can think of them immediately, or find them immediately. For the old comps, it's meant to be a project for the next few months. Current and active ones can always be done immediately. ^-^

Hmmmmm.....quick question, how many comps would you guess have been through here? 500? 1000? Less than that, like 200?

@InaMac69 Hmmmm...You mean the ones that never put "closed" in the titles? Or do you mean something else? I don't think I specified ones that finished, so I think those would count as well.

@Mhamilton0911 Thank you! xD Ahhh! I know, I'm sorry. D: Hopefully that will be fixed soon. I can link your old and current comp, so no need to worry about that. ^-^ You could also just list the name or describe them and someone might have them instead!

As for names, I completely understand that! The list of comps is another way to avoid that, since people can look at the list and realize which ones are not available anymore. Like Face Off isn't easy to miss since it has so many cycles, but if someone had experience with the tv show (which isn't all about faces, which is kind of funny) but didn't see Beech's comp at the time (like now), they could accidentally steal the name when making a comp based on it. >_<

I mean, it all depends on certain hosts and their opinions, but comps with the same name would be a little hard to keep track of to begin with, so a list would just be a good way to avoid these issues in general. ^-^ Although some names aren't avoidable, like Project Runway, Next Top Model, etc. since they're usually based on the TV show. @_@
  • Options
    InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    The older comps where hosted on Simtech and only advertised on here, they all had one cycle but they could be revived for more cycles, to be hosted on here. Thats what I meant, sorry if I confused you, think I confused myself LOL :)
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited October 2015
    You rang? (Don't mind me. In a silly mood today) :D

I remember someone doing Battle of The Bands after I had did it and I mentioned it jokingly, but they weren't happy about me doing that I don't think. :sweat_smile: So yeah this is a good idea.

Future Comps: Might do Vanity again and Little Miss Twisted. I miss those. Might revive Claim To Fame Modeling, but I might tweak it a bit and simplify it more.

Current comps: Pin-Up Modeling

Past comps: Immortals, Little Miss Twisted Cycle 1, Little Miss Twisted Cycle 2: Boys Edition, Iconic Volume 1 (music comp), Vanity Cycle 1, 2, & 3 (Fashion),Mangaka (anime comp), Battle of The Bands Cycle 1.

Those that weren't link had too many thread to link as I use to do assignments on separate threads back then.

Other past comps (those that belong to others): SIMSPIRATION CYCLE 1, Alternative Simming, Beech's Senior High comps, Rebel Modeling also by Beech, Seeing Double (Twin comp) by lucycat101 , Art of Love by Heather, PHOßIA by Mangamonster, hmmm Seven Deadly Sins was one, Odd Couple, Vampire the Masquerade by Darkslayer, and Miss Simiverse with numerous cycles hosted by LadyEmillye.

That's literally everything I competed in almost. I recorded all my comp history on my blog. :D

Edit: Gothique by SucidalSpiders was iconic. I kind of want to do something similar to it with poetry.
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    Oh hey there :)

Okay so my personal past competitions that I've run are:

TOXIC modeling industries
    Through the Ages

TOXIC was honestly me skipping songs on iTunes and then making the title I landed on into an assignment
    Through the ages was like, toddler-young adult modeling.

If you ask me to list all the ones I've actually competed in, that would take me approx. 2 billion years :p I have a list somewhere back at home, it's well over like, 50, but. Those are my personal ones and I really wouldn't mind something like TTA being brought back, I love cutesy comps.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited October 2015
    Here comes my huge list.

Current comps: Mythos

Ehehhe. I'll work on older ones once I've got some more time. Really just awaiting the enormous list @BeechNutBaby has to offer.

edit: I'd totally put my money on atleast 300-350+ separate competitions from what I've seen (including discontinued and some that didn't take off). Even then I was only lurking about... 3, maybe 4 years ago?
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    So, I think I was confused at first too...I can list comps I was in. Whoooboy, going to have to think on that one!

Currently in Memories and Fairy Fae (3?). Will link later :)
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png
  • Options
    ladybug65ladybug65 Posts: 696 Member
    I honestly have never started a comp that ever "worked" but here are ones from when i was very active

Pink, Canvas, Little Black Bra, Haute Couture, Rexy's Open Editing Comp (forgot the name), Delectable, Creative Minds, R U Game?, Elite, DEMONS, Static Future, Victoria's Secret, The Agency, Delectable, Haphazard, Le Raunche, The Prefect SHot

These were all from Unbound from pgs 28-53
    2lijr.png
  • Options
    ladybug65 wrote: »
    I honestly have never started a comp that ever "worked" but here are ones from when i was very active

Pink, Canvas, Little Black Bra, Haute Couture, Rexy's Open Editing Comp (forgot the name), Delectable, Creative Minds, R U Game?, Elite, DEMONS, Static Future, Victoria's Secret, The Agency, Delectable, Haphazard, Le Raunche, The Prefect SHot

These were all from Unbound from pgs 28-53

I was going to do that, too! Don't forget Dark Shadowz :) That is where I fell in love with your editing <3
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png
  • Options
    Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    I don't really host nor am I in any comps right now so I'll list the ones I've participated in (some of the links may be from the old forums so sorry bout that):
    PopArt
    Rebel Modeling: Princess Edition
    Story Book
    Sims' Next Top Model
    Global Modelling
    Hunger Games Distric Modelling Games (Yo, I want this to happen again)
    Model Moment and Co. Competition
    Senior High Cycle 2: Out of This World
    Sugar and Spice Cycle 1
    Sugar and Spice Cycle 2
    Model Mentor (That comp idea is like cursed...)
    Urban Chic

I'm sure I've been in more...
    Omg this really shows how many times I've had to drop out >.< and some of these are SUPERR old like *cringe* don't look at my ugly assignments from like 2 years ago. (Just realized today is literally my 2 year anniversary of Sims modeling XD)
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I cannot link mine cause Unbound kinda went away... lol

But Delectable C1 - lingerie with challenges each round
    Delectable C2 - the swimwear edition along the same lines
    C3 had like no interest, I opened it at a bad time

There was Are You Game? about video games but that got cancelled due to me being hospitalized I guess o.o

I co-hosted Harry, Hogwarts, and Horcruxes. Wayyyyy back when lol.

As for comps I'm in I used to have a running list but it was on Unbound so I can't get it now. It's a ton though.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    I updated the first post with some more info. Hope that helps clear any confusion and gives people more options! Sorry for the slow replies. Multitasking. xD

@InaMac69 No, no, that's fine. That makes sense!

@ColorMePink Hehehehe xD
    Oh O-o That's not good. Thanks for the list though! And Claim To Fame sounds like fun. =D What was Mangaka about? I love anime!

@Evergreen226 Oh wow that's a lot of comps! And just to imagine that those are the only ones you listed as personal. O-o If you get the chance when you go home, feel free to post it if you want! ^-^ Thank you!

@spackichan Lol! It's fine. xD Thank you! I'm waiting for that too. O-o
    Hmmmm......I think that's accurate if you do remove the cycles from the numbers....

@ninisims1 Yes, comps you were in help!

@ladybug65 You can list the ones that didn't make it as well if you'd like. Thank you though!

@Cudan2 That's fine! I can try using the titles to find them. Might be a bit hard though. xD And I'll try not to, but congrats!

@Vanadis Really? I can access it just fine. o-o http://unboundart.forumotion.com/
    Did you never get the new address?

And that Harry Potter comp sounds so cool!
  • Options
    Oh well I can't log in, I forgot my password. Every one I'm trying isn't it.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    Vanadis wrote: »
    Oh well I can't log in, I forgot my password. Every one I'm trying isn't it.

You could always do the "I forgot my password" option?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Not worth it, I really don't wanna be on there. Plus I lost access to the email I set up with so nope.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
  • Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    just letting you know ive been reading this mizzie xD i don't really have anything to contribute i think?
    I'll just list the comps I've competed in (that I remember c:) The ones without Cycles in their name were on their first cycle and never finished.

Comps that are on-going as of today :
  • Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited October 2015
    I have such a long list of competitions that I've hosted that I wouldn't even know where to begin. Most of them were also on Unbound, but if you're not a member linking them won't help because you can't access it without being a member. But I can try to remember some. My contestants probably remember better than I do...

Current or Most Recent Competitions (ones that I'll probably do another cycle of soon):

On Location
    - Cycle 1 (held on Unbound only)
    - Cycle 2 - Above & Beyond (moved to Unbound early on)
    - Cycle 3

Memories
    - Cycle 1

Senior High
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2 - Out of This World
    - Cycle 3 - Underworld Campus

Faery Fae
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3

Dangerous Curves
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - Tropical
    - Cycle 4

Face Off
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - Battle of the Sexes
    - Cycle 4
    - Cycle 5

Dark Shadowz
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - Vampires
    - Cycle 4 - Dark Faeries
    - Cycle 5 - Psycho Serial Killer (didn't go very far)
    - Cycle 6 - Gothic
    - Cycle 7 - Dark Dress Up
    - Cycle 8 - Gothic
    - Cycle 9 - Twisted Tales

Models, Inc
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2

Past Competitions

Beech Modeling
    - Cycle 1 - Swimsuit Edition

Enchant Me
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - was canceled early

Fantasy Modeling
    - Cycle 1 (was canceled early)
    - Cycle 2 - Childhood Dreams

SimSTAR
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - Color Me Silly
    - Cycle 4 - Celebrity Edition

Totally Real
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2 - Sci Fi/Fantasy

Exotica Modeling
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - Au Natural
    - Cycle 4 - Old School Pinup
    - Cycle 5
    - Cycle 6

Fashion Conspiracy
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3
    - Cycle 4 - Color Style

Hot or Not
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - Sexy Fashion
    - Cycle 4 - Softer Side of Sexy

The Next Miss Sensation
    - Cycle 1
    - Cycle 2
    - Cycle 3 - Au Natural (mostly held on Unbound)
    - Comeback Cycle

One Shot Modeling
    - Cycle 1

Rebel Modeling
    - Cycle 1 - Princess Edition

Princess Pageant
    - Cycle 1

Fashion Star
    - Cycle 1 - High Fashion Fairy Tales (held on Unbound Only)

Vision - purely an editing competition for advanced editors
    - Cycle 1
    6rj4Q13.png