Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers V.S. Preteens

Now, first of all, this post isn't meant to start arguments, I'd just like to hear everyone's opinion on the subject. So, in the sims 4 would you rather have them add toddlers, or preteens?

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Why not both?

845985.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I like the idea of both. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Both, but I'd prefer Toddlers first.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Both Please. I think both are badly needed :) why pick one or the other ?
    justlurking.gif
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Both. But if I really had to choose, then toddlers. I never really thought the sims games needed a preteen lifestage until now, since they made the teens more adult-ish, so I think preteens would fit really nicely in TS4. But toddlers are way more important to me and my playstyle and I think the transition from baby to child is way more abrupt than child to teen..
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Both.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Both, and although I'm not much of a family player, before the game was released we were lead to believe they would be added back in. I think they should do that ASAP, and for free. :)
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'd rather have the preteens, but I have a good feeling we'll be getting both.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If I had to choose just one it would be toddlers no question they are to important to not have, but teens being adults with renamed actions pre-teens are needed bad to fill in that gap you should not go from child to an adult sized teen fooling around its just to much.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Toddlers
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I want both we go from a baby to a child and a child to YAs who go to high school... We need ages inbetween!
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Definitely both! But to pick one I would say toddlers because they just should have been there in the first place. At least give us what was considered standard before adding a new lifestage. But preteens would add a lot as well
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Toddlers
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It depends on how they handle pre-teens. ;)

But, the more options, the merrier- I hope. XD
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Both!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Really don't like these v.s. Threads. I want both.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I like the idea of both. Toddlers are familiar and comfortable. Preteens could open up new doors and new gameplay.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Both! But the jump from infant to child is a far bigger leap then child to teenager for me, so if i had to chose it would be toddlers.
  • ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    I'd love to have BOTH!! :)
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited October 2015
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    Both! But the jump from infant to child is a far bigger leap then child to teenager for me, so if i had to chose it would be toddlers.

I agree. For me, aging babies up breaks the immersion completely. And it's getting worse for me (more noticeable every time I play). I had this sim get pregnant right after having her first baby. Well, due to the game's messed up system, the baby grew into a child and the mother was still pregnant (3rd trimester). I thought: well this woman has been literally pregnant for about 8 years. Also, now the baby is born and even though in real life she and her brother would only be 1 year apart, it looks as if they were 8 years apart....a total mess.

Anyway, I would rather not choose and have both toddlers and preteens!! Also, since they are taking this long I expect BOTH age groups to be added
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »

I agree. For me, aging babies up breaks the immersion completely. And it's getting worse for me (more noticeable every time I play). I had this sim get pregnant right after having her first baby. Well, due to the game's messed up system, the baby grew into a child and the mother was still pregnant (3rd trimester). I thought: well this woman has been literally pregnant for about 8 years. Also, now the baby is born and even though in real life she and her brother would only be 1 year apart, it looks as if they were 8 years apart....a total mess.

Anyway, I would rather not choose and have both toddlers and preteens!! Also, since they are taking this long I expect BOTH age groups to be added

Yeah, I have a similar issue with the immersion breaking. Sometimes I really have a story in mind where the sim(s) have a young toddler and a young child. I want siblings closer in age. No amount of imagination (for me) can replace actually being able to have a toddler and the different situations that brings up.

Pre-teens would be a nice bonus when I really think about it because then we could further see those "slight" age differences. :) I wish they'd also add more for us to do with babies. I miss being able to carry them around. :( Sad to know that might never come back.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Add toddlers
    Fix the current teens height
    Unleash the baby from bassinet

After that if they want to make pre teens they are most welcome!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif