Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best laptops under 300$ to run The Sims 3

Hi all,

I want to know what laptops under 300$ (medium settings, no EPS) as my budget cant go over 300$

Thank you in advance,

CC66

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    You will not find a proper laptop that is capable of running the game.

You do need a gaming computer for the Sims. I recommend that you save up.

This is as low as you can go. It has around a neutral rating.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315131&leaderboard=1

Notifying some experts...
    @chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13
    @igazor
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The $600 but on sale for $479 laptop that Colton links to might run the base game only, but it looks like it would struggle with it after a while. The heavier EPs, if you wanted to add them later, would likely be out of the question. It's a pretty good find for what it is, but personally I would not purchase that one (then again, I insist on playing with all EPs so our needs are different).

As said, you will not find a laptop for under $300 USD that will run TS3, at least not for very long. The game is more demanding than that. If you must play sims on machines of that caliber, a much better choice for a game would be TS2.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JayBokhiraJayBokhira Posts: 1 New Member

Go with Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG gaming laptop with Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB RAM. It has 2GB NVIDIA graphics and 256GB SSD that perfect for Minecraft.
    edited September 2016
    JayBokhira wrote: »
    Go with Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG gaming laptop with Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB RAM. It has 2GB NVIDIA graphics and 256GB SSD that perfect for Minecraft.

Hi there. TS3's demands with all EPs aren't the same as Minecraft's. That one will run TS3, but its graphics card is on the weak side and it's currently $550 in the US. Not a bad choice for the base game only though, it's a successor model to the one Colton linked to.

I'm sure you're trying to be helpful, but this thread is from a year ago and the OP hasn't been on the forums since. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited September 2016
    You will not find a proper laptop that is capable of running the game.

You do need a gaming computer for the Sims. I recommend that you save up.
    @Colton147147 You probably need a gaming computer if you're playing The Sims 3 since the game is said to be demanding but The Sims 1, The Sims 2/The Sims Stories, The Sims Medieval, and The Sims 4 can run well on non-gaming computers assuming the computer meets system requirements to play the title but don't except 60 fps and high quality graphics. In fact, I played The Sims, The Sims 2 UC, and The Sims 4 on a Dell XPS 410 with the original 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and the ATI Radeon X1300 without performance issues while The Sims 3 (even without EPs/SPs) didn't run well. I've upgraded to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS along with Windows 7 and can still TS1/TS2/TS4 without any problems although TS3 is a different case.

You do not need a gaming computer for The Sims since the system requirements are not high although TS3 is a different case
    Here's Battlefield 1's system requirements:
    Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
    Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
    Memory: 8GB RAM
    Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
    Hard-drive space: 50GB

And here's The Sims 4's system requirements:
    OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
    PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
    MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
    DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
    VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
    SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

I've marked the video cards in bold red just to show you the graphics differences between BF1 and TS4.

If you are playing other games, a gaming computer is a must since the system requirements of other titles tend to call of an NVIDIA GeFore 660 or AMD Radeon 7870 (such as Battlefield 1), systems with Intel or AMD integrated graphics will probably not play the newer games.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sorry to say @WinMacSims3 Never go by minimum requirements when it comes to the sims games. Minimum is for base game only without patches or game add ons. The sims 4 is way past that. Always look at recommended requirements. The sims 4 requires same specs on recommended as the sims 3. A lot of low end laptops can no longer run TS4. This is also off topic. OP wants to play the sims 3

PS I believe Colton meant the sims 3 when he said the sims. This thread is the sims 3
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Minimum requirements is the BARE MINIMUM needed to run the game, and by run that does not mean play properly.
    Always look for RECOMMENDED.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• zippiexzippiex Posts: 1 New Member
    Anybody with any updated recommendation for laptops under 300?
    edited August 2018
    zippiex wrote: »
    Anybody with any updated recommendation for laptops under 300?
    Prices have fluctuated a bit since this thread was last active. But no, there are no laptops in that price range that would be suitable for TS3. If we go a bit higher, as was shown previously and is still true today, the base game alone would run pretty well on some in the $500-600 range. For all EPs and on medium or higher graphics settings in Game Options, we are still talking about $900 and up (USD), some can occasionally be found on sale in the $800s and upper $700s. Desktops will run cheaper than laptops for stronger components.

This is not really a good game to be playing on lower end hardware, I'm afraid. The experience will be lousy, there will be limitations all over the place, and weaker systems can become damaged by pushing games or other programs on them that they are not designed to handle. In many such cases, the game just plain won't run.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • DitmasDitmas Posts: 1 New Member
    In 2021, which is the best laptop for sim 4? I am of buying the "Acer Aspire 5 15.6" FHD 1080P Laptop Computer". It comes with i5-7200u)
    8GB RAM
    128GB SSD+500GB
    Windows
    https://a-review.com/best-laptops-for-sims-4/