Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Thank you so much for responding @ElijahsBabyGurl9....I didn't expect you to for awhile considering your circumstances. And no need to apologize; you are dealing with some very hard times so I totally understand. And you're very welcome for the gifts, glad you liked them.

And no, it was definitely not that no one wanted to do your request, it's just that everyone had been busy doing other projects so some times it just takes awhile to move on down the list. :)

And thank you for answering all of my questions so thoroughly, this helps me a great deal. BTW, I love the looks of this Rivendell Mansion, it's very beautiful and I can't wait to get started on it.

And that's good that you opted for the exercise and pet area to go in the guest cottage, I think that makes the best sense.

Do you have the L-shaped staircase from the Prism Art Studio venue? I'd like to use those stairs, but they are not for sale individually, you have to have the whole set, so just wanted to check first.

One other thing -- you stated in your request that all store content can be used. Is there anything major that you don't have that I should steer away from before I begin building?

Thanks!

Yes I own all of the L-shaped stairs and the Storied set of stairs (similar to the L shaped ones) also. I am not a fan of Mooed objects so please can you keep the MOO to a minimum? Other than that, have fun and can't wait to see what your creative imagination can come up with. Also I wasn't sure if I stated in the initial request or not but please no 3rd party CC if you can help it. If you need to use CC please check with me first. My game is very CC sensitive and I tend to avoid it.

Ok, cool. And you don't have to worry about the CC, I don't own any of that anymore. And I will do my best to minimize the MOO'ing. Thanks!
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited December 2015
    NP!! Looking forward to seeing how the entire request looks!! Hope my 2 Sims won't be to hard (if your making them too). I know the Bog King will be somewhat hard...hope it is not to much for you :(
    edited December 2015
    NP!! Looking forward to seeing how the entire request looks!! Hope my 2 Sims won't be to hard (if your making them too). I know the Bog King will be somewhat hard...hope it is not to much for you :(

Hey there! Yes, I am making the 2 sims as well. And yes, the Bog King will be harder to do and of course won't come out looking exactly like him, due to the game limits, but I will do my best.

Just a WIP update: I decided to go with the colonial staircase rather than the L-shaped ones because I thought it fit the build better. And I was able to add in some extra bedrooms to the 2nd story, so no need to put in the basement.

One other thing, are you not a fan of MOO because of things not working properly? Just curious, because there are instances where I'll need to use it to make something look right, but I always test everything out to be sure every object is usable and there are no routing issues. Let me know your thoughts about this just so I'm more clear. Thank you, and I hope you and your family are doing better.

EDIT: Oops, I had myself mixed up. I just realized that there are the Storied Tale Stairs (from Brunch at the Old Mill), and the manor stairs with the hanging left and right handrails (from the Now and Then Century Manor venue). Do you have both of these? Thanks!
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    I have no problem with MOO. Just whenever I've tried it in my own game my Sims complain that they can't use something or that the moo'd object is blocking their path. It can be frustrating. I have the Mill stairs but not the Century manor ones (not sure if I have that set or not). If you can make the moo aspect work, then by all means go ahead. My family is doing better. We just recently had both funerals and saying goodbye to loved ones is never easy. As for Bog King, since I am aware his Simself won't look exactly like him just do your best. I'm sure he'll look very handsome. I put more emphasis on his eyes anyway since they are his most prominent feature. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Thank you again and Merry Christmas. ~^_^~
    I have no problem with MOO. Just whenever I've tried it in my own game my Sims complain that they can't use something or that the moo'd object is blocking their path. It can be frustrating. I have the Mill stairs but not the Century manor ones (not sure if I have that set or not). If you can make the moo aspect work, then by all means go ahead. My family is doing better. We just recently had both funerals and saying goodbye to loved ones is never easy. As for Bog King, since I am aware his Simself won't look exactly like him just do your best. I'm sure he'll look very handsome. I put more emphasis on his eyes anyway since they are his most prominent feature. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Thank you again and Merry Christmas. ~^_^~

Oh gosh, my heart breaks for you and your family right now, and it is so hard to say goodbye to our loved ones. Glad you are doing a bit better though.

Sorry for my confusion on the stairs. I will be using the ones from the Mill set. And thanks for explaining about MOO. I will be testing all objects and pathways so that your sims won't have any issues with anything. I've never had to limit myself to using it, so this made me aware of how much I do use it, lol. Like putting a plant in between two objects that normally wouldn't fit there, or placing chairs so that it looks more pleasing to the arrangement. I know what you mean though about Sims getting frustrated because things are blocking their path, or they can't access an object, so I will be extra careful about that not happening.

Here's a sneak peek of Boggie Boy! Let me know what you think. Merry Christmas to you too!

QFZKMlF.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Your simversion of Bog King looks so great! :) You are reflecting him in simform so very well! You have captured his face so well !
    He looks fantastic. His simself looks very much like his original. My version of him didn't come out so nice -_-' totally messed up on his face. He is coming along nicely. I especially like how the medieval armor matches his body very closely!!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your simversion of Bog King looks so great! :) You are reflecting him in simform so very well! You have captured his face so well !

Thanks so much Rose!!
    He looks fantastic. His simself looks very much like his original. My version of him didn't come out so nice -_-' totally messed up on his face. He is coming along nicely. I especially like how the medieval armor matches his body very closely!!

Ahh, whew! I was so worried you wouldn't like him. Here's Marianne so far:

0F2DJxq.jpg
    She is adorable <3 However, when she's finally done, can you make her skintone more humanlike? That is how she appears in the movie. And Bog's should be more like someone with a good dark tan (though he looks different in the movie) either way I love them both! Here's how my versions of both turned out:
    Marianne (She turned out nice but yours looks much better!)
    Bog King (I didn't like how he turned out at all. Though he does look nice ingame)

Both of yours will be better representations that what I could come up with I'm sure! ~_^
    She is adorable <3 However, when she's finally done, can you make her skintone more humanlike? That is how she appears in the movie. And Bog's should be more like someone with a good dark tan (though he looks different in the movie) either way I love them both! Here's how my versions of both turned out:
    Marianne (She turned out nice but yours looks much better!)
    Bog King (I didn't like how he turned out at all. Though he does look nice ingame)

Both of yours will be better representations that what I could come up with I'm sure! ~_^

Ohhhhh, sorry.....when you said to make her white (human skin), I misread it and thought she was to have a white colored skin tone, lol. And yes, I can change Bog to look like he has a suntan, lol. I made him whitish since your form asked for him to have a light grey or near white skin color. Do you like Marianne's hairstyle ok? I was having a hard time finding one to match hers. Or would you rather her have the style you picked for your Marianne?
    Hi, I'm back.

Here's Marianne with a human skin color and a different hairstyle. Is this color ok? Let me know what hairstyle you like better.

kVJ4nbg.jpg

And Bog after he's been to the Bahamas (hehe). Is this more what you had in mind? I also enlarged his eyes a bit. Do you like his eyes in the first pic I posted or in this one?

lUi03Hr.jpg
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Very well done Sandraelle :smile:
    Thanks so much Soocoolsim!
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    First seeing this extraordinary (in a good way ofc) request I was pretty intrigued how you could turn those two into Sims. But, wow, they look fascinating, especially Marianne is absolutely adorable <3. Though atleast I think they both look very close to their inspirations.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
    Heledriel wrote: »
    First seeing this extraordinary (in a good way ofc) request I was pretty intrigued how you could turn those two into Sims. But, wow, they look fascinating, especially Marianne is absolutely adorable <3. Though atleast I think they both look very close to their inspirations.

Well, thank you for very much Heledriel, I'm glad you stopped by and that you think they look similar to the originals. Appreciate it. :smile:
    They both look great! But after comparing both versions you made, I think I prefer the first versions. The skintones I suggested just don't seem to fit them. As far as Mariannes hairstyle yours is perfect, and I like Bogs eyes in the first picture instead of the second. Sorry if Im being too picky >. < :( They are loking awesome!
    They both look great! But after comparing both versions you made, I think I prefer the first versions. The skintones I suggested just don't seem to fit them. As far as Mariannes hairstyle yours is perfect, and I like Bogs eyes in the first picture instead of the second. Sorry if Im being too picky >. < :( They are loking awesome!

Ok, no problem (and no, you're not being too picky). I will change their skin tone back to the whiter shade, I'll decrease Bog's eyes a bit and give Marianne back her first hairstyle. That style is from the store, called Short and Choppy. Since you said I could use all store content, I hope you happen to have that one. And I'm thrilled that you are happy with their appearance! :-)
    Hi ElijahsBabyGurl9, I just wanted to keep in touch with you to let you know that I haven't been able to work on your request much lately due to real life stuff (was sick, then went out of town, then had eye surgery, and now with the holiday this week).....but will get back to it very soon. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Holiday.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello :)
    I am sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I hope that you are feeling a little bit better now. I also hope that your recovery from your eye surgery is going as smoothly as possible.
    Sending a hug to you <3
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Hoping all is well and you're healing nicely Sandaelle. Sending good wishes your way. Hugs <3
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Dear Sandy, I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery. My best wishes for you, sweetie <3
    @rosemow , @soocoolsim and @AIRIS6962 , thank you all for your well wishes. I'm well over the bug now and my eye surgery was a success! Next week they'll do the other eye. Surgery was a piece of cake, thank goodness. :-)
    And I forgot so say Happy New Year as well!