Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle

I thought you might like to see a nice pic of your Ambience build after placing it in rflong7's My Bridgeport world it really fits in nicely :)

azaxd2.jpg

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing @SPARKY1922 . :smile:
    @SPARKY1922 , So I figured I better ask you first, but for the restaurant, did you just want the grand buffet tables? I was also thinking of making a small kitchen with the industrial oven and then adding the menus to the tables. But I'll wait to hear from you before I do any of that, in case you're just wanting buffets. Thanks.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Sandraelle

no I am not bothered about the industrial oven because of the complications with chef's it's such a pain I would prefer enough room to have a decent number of grand buffet tables as I enjoy sending sims to those tables to eat as they go back for 3 helpings :)
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922 , Ok, just the buffet tables it is.
    @Sandraelle

unless you had already made a place for the industrial oven and chef and in that case happy to accept that option too :)
    edited June 2017
    @Sandraelle

unless you had already made a place for the industrial oven and chef and in that case happy to accept that option too :)

No, was just offering it as an option. It's your resort, so I want you to be happy with everything. :smiley:

EDIT: Thought of another question. Do you happen to have the underwater sea backdrop from Showtime's simport rewards? I don't simport, but I have a mod that unlocked all of the simport rewards and the stage backdrops are some of them. It may stay with the lot even if you don't have it, but I'm not sure about that. If not, no biggie, I can remove it.

BohOvOc.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    @Sandraelle

I don't have it as I don't simport either but if you would like to use it I don't mind if you think I will get to be able to keep it in the lot? and if not is there something else I could use in it's place if there is a space left somewhere? I have never seen it lol I like the clam shell with the little plumbob-)
    @Sandraelle

I don't have it as I don't simport either but if you would like to use it I don't mind if you think I will get to be able to keep it in the lot? and if not is there something else I could use in it's place if there is a space left somewhere? I have never seen it lol I like the clam shell with the little plumbob-)

@SPARKY1922 , thanks for your speedy response! I thought I would add it to a big wall in the gameroom, between two windows, so yes, you could certainly just replace it with some of other artwork. In the meantime, I'm checking with a few of my teammates to see if this will transfer with the lot.
    @Sandraelle

Thank you as I think it would look nice where you have suggested it would go :)
    @SPARKY1922 , Just wanted to give you an update on your resort. Things have moved along really well and I'm about done with the decorating, etc., and making it a 5-star resort. I'm in the testing stage, then I'll be on to the pictures (which take me awhile to get them organized), so I'm hoping to have it up some time next week. :smiley: Have a good weekend!
    @Sandraelle

Thanks for the update I am really looking forward to seeing more pics and not panicking over finishing time frames lol I am just happy my resort dream is actually coming true. Have a great weekend yourself :)
    edited July 2017
    @SPARKY1922 , I have your resort all finished. One little note....there was a world tree near the back right corner that was interfering with one of my bungalows (part of the tree was poking into the room), so I went into edit world and just moved it over a little bit. If you don't mind it poking through, no need to do anything, but figured I should tell you, lol.

The download link and pictures will be on our DNA thread shortly. :) Hope you like!

Here ya go: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15877474/#Comment_15877474

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know that I fully playtested the lot, upgraded everything to unbreakable and have set the doors to the bungalows for VIP. The large resort tower is hidden in the basement with some decor down there, lol.

I used a lot of sim paintings that went really well with the tropical decor, but after my sim sold the resort, I saved it to the library and placed it again, the personal paintings from her inventory were gone. So I just went ahead and replaced all those with EA ones. So if you have some of the paintings, they look great in this resort, lol.

I really hope that I was able to create this resort with the vision you had in mind. Enjoy!

@karisamarie88 , thanks for answering my questions through private message. I'm anxious to get started on your house. Please check the threads pretty often while I'm building for you in case I have questions (which you can find on this thread). Thanks!

Now to decide on a building style....hmmm, decisions, decisions.
  • karisamarie88karisamarie88 Posts: 13 New Member
    ahhh I figured out how to communicate through the DNA thread YAY for ME! so again, THANK YOU @Sandraelle for taking on this request of mine! so exciting! BTW do you have Tumblr? I'd love to tag you when I put the house in my game and take screenshots of it :)
    @karisamarie88 , thanks for checking in here. No, sorry I don't have Tumblr, but that would be awesome to be able to see pics of the house after it's done. When you get more posts under your belt, you will be able to post pictures on these forum threads, but as a newbie the site limits you as to what you can post.

I think I'm probably gonna go with the lot on Shark Bite Island (your sim will have awesome views on that lot). :smile: I kept going back and forth about what style of house to build since you said I could build any style that fits that world, but I'm probably gonna go with a coastal style. Hope that's good with you. Have a great day!
  • karisamarie88karisamarie88 Posts: 13 New Member
    I def. LOVE the lot on Shark Bite Island, I have still have yet to ever use it in game! As for coastal style, I think that's perfect considering its on its own lil island :) thank you again soo sooo sooo much! I'll try to post more on here so I can upload pics of the house on here!
    I def. LOVE the lot on Shark Bite Island, I have still have yet to ever use it in game! As for coastal style, I think that's perfect considering its on its own lil island :) thank you again soo sooo sooo much! I'll try to post more on here so I can upload pics of the house on here!

Ok, good, coastal style on Shark Bite Island it is!
    edited August 2017
    @karisamarie88 , I know you said you prefer items from your games and/or your CC, but since you said you own quite a bit of the store, I'm wondering if I can use a few things from the store?

Specifically, the contemporary comfort set:

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?catalogId=10143&categoryId=&scategoryId=13060&pcategoryId=12859&ppcategoryId=13060

or "Sun, Surf and Sand":

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?catalogId=10143&categoryId=&scategoryId=12520&pcategoryId=12861&ppcategoryId=12520

Do you own any of those sets and if so, would you be opposed to me using those items?

Thanks.

EDIT: More questions on 8/2/17

Besides the nursery and master, what would you like to see in the 3rd bedroom? Guest room or children's room, or something else?

EDIT: Questions on 8/3/17

Do you own the baby changing table from the store, and if so, would you want it in the nursery?
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    O, both those sets would look fabulous in a coastal! :)
    romagi1 wrote: »
    O, both those sets would look fabulous in a coastal! :)

Thanks R! I think so too, but for now I'll have to use items from the packs until I hear back. :smile:
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    @Sandraelle checking in.

Questions for @winterbaby20

1. Are these 3 sims in one household or 3 separate households? And do you want them uploaded as a sim or as a household?
    all in the same household
    2. When you asked for their clothes to be the same as their skin and hair colors, I'm assuming that if they are in jeans you don't want them to be denim colored, but the color of the sim, correct? And same for shoes, etc?
    You're correct in your assumption.
    edited August 2017
    @Sandraelle checking in.

Questions for @winterbaby20

1. Are these 3 sims in one household or 3 separate households? And do you want them uploaded as a sim or as a household?
    all in the same household
    2. When you asked for their clothes to be the same as their skin and hair colors, I'm assuming that if they are in jeans you don't want them to be denim colored, but the color of the sim, correct? And same for shoes, etc?
    You're correct in your assumption.

@winterbaby20 , Thank you for your quick response!

Are any of the 3 sims related? What is their relationship? Should they all have different last names?

Can there be a little bit of black or white in small details of their clothing, like in a trim, cuff, pocket, button or shoelaces, etc? LOL

(Edited to re-word my questions.)
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    @Sandraelle
    Are any of the 3 sims related? What is their relationship? Should they all have different last names?
    no, no relationship, different last names

Can there be a little bit of black or white in small details of their clothing, like in a trim, cuff, pocket, button or shoelaces, etc? LOL
    nope.
    @Sandraelle
    no, no relationship, different last names

nope.

Oh boy, lol, okie dokie then.....I will make every item of their clothing all the same color. :D