Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle

no worries re the roof colors whatever you think looks best is fine I prefer to try and keep my builds CC free anyway...

As for the resort towers and and stairs to basement anything that stops sims foot stomping to go anywhere I assume will be fine :)

I think I've decided on the turquoise roofing (at the moment anyways, lol), the white roofs just didn't do it for me. And yes for sure I will make sure that the simmies and the maintenance crew can get to the underground tower without any foot stomping, lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922 , I'm back with some more questions.

So I'm a bit conflicted about the color hues for the hotel and the huts. Referring to your inspiration photos, do you prefer the darker, brighter colors that are in your hut pics or do you like the more muted colors that are shown in the big hotel picture? The reason for asking is that I think the huts should kind of match the main hotel part as far as color hues go.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Sandraelle

Honestly I am not sure when trying to visualize the setting do you think it would be possible for a pic with both colors and then make up my mind.. what do you think looks better? While I love the muted colors from the main hotel pic I posted I also love the strong colors too..now I cannot make up my mind :)

EDIT: I went back into game and the colors of some of EA's own builds are gorgeous so I think we will go with those sorts of colors?

2ezlhsk.jpg

From this map view I think you can see I have used a lot of brown/aqua roofs around the island and just in the distance you can spot the fuggly sparkling resort :)

2j41opx.jpg
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 , LOL about the Sparkling Sands Resort. Ok, the brighter colors it is. I never thought of using the brown roofs, lol. Hmmmm..... guess I will see what those look like too. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Sandraelle

lol based on your vision did you think brighter colors or the more muted one? The brown roofs are not actually brown when you get up close to them they are called vibrant Apricot and Aquamarine which are CC colors I just got to try out and decided to keep. I am panicking now in case I have chosen wrong.. boy what am I like :)
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

lol based on your vision did you think brighter colors or the more muted one? The brown roofs are not actually brown when you get up close to them they are called vibrant Apricot and Aquamarine which are CC colors I just got to try out and decided to keep. I am panicking now in case I have chosen wrong.. boy what am I like :)

I started out with the muted colors, but then changed it to brighter ones and I think I like the brighter ones. It makes me think of Caribbean more, and goes more along the lines of all the cute hut pics you provided, and will go with the EA provided bldgs that you liked.

I just can't decide on the roof. I did several variations and can post some pictures, but I hesitate to let you see it in it's raw form, which could change many times from now, lol. I guess you could always use your CC roof colors if you don't like what I go with. Do you want to see WIP pics?
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

I would love to see some pics raw form or not and even if you keep changing them well that's up to you as I am sure whatever you do in the end will be awesome as everything I have ever seen/used from your style of builds have all been fantastic so believe me I am not worried in the slightest. I am not altogether in love with the 2 Caribbean roof colors anyway but they were all that were available under the Caribbean tag when trying to search for roof patterns so mine might all get changed again yet as well as I keep going round the island adding and taking things away so it's all ready to play when your done :)
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

I would love to see some pics raw form or not and even if you keep changing them well that's up to you as I am sure whatever you do in the end will be awesome as everything I have ever seen/used from your style of builds have all been fantastic so believe me I am not worried in the slightest. I am not altogether in love with the 2 Caribbean roof colors anyway but they were all that were available under the Caribbean tag when trying to search for roof patterns so mine might all get changed again yet as well as I keep going round the island adding and taking things away so it's all ready to play when your done :)

Ok, I'm always nervous to post the first WIP, lol....so here goes. Here's a pic of three different roof colors....I consulted with one of my teammates and they are liking the blue one, as it goes best with the colors I chose, and I think I agree. Let me know what you think though, since it's your resort I want you to be happy. If there are some colors you don't like or you want to make different, let me know that too. And if you prefer the turquoise roof and want me to alter the colors to go more with that color, I can do that too. Also, at the last minute I added those tropical columns to the front entrance, yay or nay on that? Now that I'm looking at the picture, I'm thinking I need to make the pink on the yellow and pink bldg on the left a bit brighter pink, what do you think? So many colors, so many decisions....!! LOL

vPOgsui.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, I couldn't stand it.....Which pink shade to you like better? And if you do like those tropical columns, which do you prefer, the left one or the right one?

J8xZouD.jpg
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

OMG absolutely stunning, perfect and exactly how I envisioned I would like it to look. I love the shape the wonderful colors and agree that the blue color roofs look best and yet I would have never thought about it had I not seen it first. I also think the tropical columns look lovely and would like to keep those as I do think they are in keeping with the style. I like the pink on the building with the yellow but if you would like to try brighter I am sure that would work as well. I would never have been able to put these styles and colors together and make them look as nice as this my simmies will be having a lot of vacations when they get this lot to play in I can already see it's going to be awesome :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922

Wheeewwwwww!!!! I'm so glad you like it, I'm very relieved. I think we may have been posting at the same time, as I posted 2 more pictures regarding the pink comparison and the columns (just in case you didn't see my 2nd post).
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

Who could not like that? they would have to be blind lol The brighter pink on the right please you were correct about that too :) I had forgotten there were 2 types of columns the one on the right please..Don't really worry about the time difference I am always up quite late most of the time I only told you in case you ever thought I may not be answering you for some reason when in reality I would probably be in bed :)
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

Who could not like that? they would have to be blind lol The brighter pink on the right please you were correct about that too :) I had forgotten there were 2 types of columns the one on the right please..Don't really worry about the time difference I am always up quite late most of the time I only told you in case you ever thought I may not be answering you for some reason when in reality I would probably be in bed :)

Awesome, thanks so much! You just never know if you're on the right track when building for someone else. I agree with both of your decisions -- the brighter pink and the other column. Now I can proceed. Thanks for being so quick to respond, and yes I had already remembered that I may be writing to you when you're asleep. :) Talk to you soon.
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Sandraelle
    You did a very nice job so far! :)
  • Options
    Nindl wrote: »
    @Sandraelle
    You did a very nice job so far! :)

Thank you so much! @Nindl :)
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Looking Fabulous, Sandy! Love that bright pink too.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Yay, glad you went with the cheerful tropical colours :smiley:
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Sandraelle You have done a wonderful job. It looks fantastic!
  • Options
    @romagi1, @soocoolsim and @JULES1111 , thank you all! This has been the most colorful lot I've built so far, you might need sunglasses to play on it, it's so bright. LOL
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 , Is there such a thing as having too colorful of a Caribbean styled resort? LOL I hope this is what you are envisioning (crossing fingers!). Just posting a small smidgen of the outdoor area (don't want to show you too much, lol).

HsDHxLL.jpg
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

I am lost for words it is beyond awesome I love all the colours you have used and the way the bungalows are situated adjacent to the pool area. I also like the colours you have used around the edges of the pool which complement the surrounding colours and the sun loungers/parasols. everything fits/matches perfectly. I really have no idea how you have managed to take my own vision (that I cannot even create myself-) and be able to turn it into everything I wanted. You really are creative and have special skills especially if you have never used these sorts of colours before :)

It is starting to remind me of all my wonderful holidays where you walk out your door and mostly everything you could ever want is a short walk away. I am so grateful you took my request :)

• Options
    edited June 2017
    @Sandraelle

I am lost for words it is beyond awesome I love all the colours you have used and the way the bungalows are situated adjacent to the pool area. I also like the colours you have used around the edges of the pool which complement the surrounding colours and the sun loungers/parasols. everything fits/matches perfectly. I really have no idea how you have managed to take my own vision (that I cannot even create myself-) and be able to turn it into everything I wanted. You really are creative and have special skills especially if you have never used these sorts of colours before :)

It is starting to remind me of all my wonderful holidays where you walk out your door and mostly everything you could ever want is a short walk away. I am so grateful you took my request :)

@SPARKY1922 , alrighty then, I'm on the right track with the colors, yay! Everything is going to coordinate, it's just SO MUCH color! LOL I'm pleased that you're happy with it so far. By the way, that's only about 1/8 of the pool area. I was able to include the wave station, a waterfall, slide, pool bar, and a diving board, and a separate hot tub area, so simmies should have fun in the pool. I'm excited for you to see it when it's all finished.

I have a question regarding spa amenities. I built a small hut for the sauna, and an open air hut for the massage tables, and I have the hotel tower set to spa services where guests can get a tan, a tattoo, use the salon, etc, but they just go in the rabbit hole tower to use those items. So now on to my question: do you want a separate tanning booth somewhere and/or a salon/tattoo station, or is the tower spa services sufficient? Reason I'm asking is because I think the only room for those extra things would be in the basement.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Sandraelle

Oh I knew that would only be a small area of the pool lol Apologies for not clarifying the spa facilities in the beginning I meant what you have taken it to mean a little place for the sauna and masseuse table and possibly the tanning booth but personally I think it's an ugly looking thing and I usually hide it away so if there is not enough room for one of those I wont cry-) anyway they get tanned just sunbathing and being in the water so you don't have to bother with that if there is no room. I am not worried about the normal tattoo makeover salon stuff either as they can use the rabbit hole tower facilities for anything else as you say.. so hopefully this means I have left you with a few extra inches to work with hahaha

I love all the colors and the way you have blended/mixed them all and honestly I hardly ever play with color in my worlds except in IP so this is a first for me as well but honestly I think IP will really suit it, anyway soon as it is up and running I will take some nice pics and come back and showcase the lot best I can :)
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

I thought you might like to see a nice pic of your Ambience build after placing it in rflong7's My Bridgeport world it really fits in nicely :)

azaxd2.jpg
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

Oh I knew that would only be a small area of the pool lol Apologies for not clarifying the spa facilities in the beginning I meant what you have taken it to mean a little place for the sauna and masseuse table and possibly the tanning booth but personally I think it's an ugly looking thing and I usually hide it away so if there is not enough room for one of those I wont cry-) anyway they get tanned just sunbathing and being in the water so you don't have to bother with that if there is no room. I am not worried about the normal tattoo makeover salon stuff either as they can use the rabbit hole tower facilities for anything else as you say.. so hopefully this means I have left you with a few extra inches to work with hahaha

I love all the colors and the way you have blended/mixed them all and honestly I hardly ever play with color in my worlds except in IP so this is a first for me as well but honestly I think IP will really suit it, anyway soon as it is up and running I will take some nice pics and come back and showcase the lot best I can :)

Ok, good.....I will leave out those extra things that they can just get in the rabbit hole.

This lot is definitely going to stand out in IP, lol.