Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi @Simlena528 , just a quick question -- Do you want a crib or a bed in the toddler boy's bedroom? And do you have a particular color you would want in his room?

EDIT: Thought of another one, lol. What genders are the cat and dog?
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    Simlena528Simlena528 Posts: 199 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Hi @Simlena528 , just a quick question -- Do you want a crib or a bed in the toddler boy's bedroom? And do you have a particular color you would want in his room?

A crib in his room and I don't have a particular color or theme (have fun with it! :)) The dog is a boy they actually just got a pug puppy too who is is also a boy. The cat is a girl.
  • Options
    Simlena528 wrote: »

A crib in his room and I don't have a particular color or theme (have fun with it! :)) The dog is a boy they actually just got a pug puppy too who is is also a boy. The cat is a girl.

Ok, thanks a lot @Simlena528!
  • Options
    Stopping in to see how you are and how the house is coming along <3
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Hi, thanks for checking in. Just finishing up with the back yard and doing a few tweaks here and there, then on to the front yard and then I'll be ready to play test it and do the photography. :smile:

EDIT: Did you want a treadmill in this house? I just realized that your floor plan doesn't have any space for a home gym, and after looking at all the rooms that have been furnished, there really isn't a place to put workout equipment. However, there is a bit a room in the garage I could put one. What do you think, or do you not care if there's one?
  • Options

Hi, thanks for checking in. Just finishing up with the back yard and doing a few tweaks here and there, then on to the front yard and then I'll be ready to play test it and do the photography. :smile:

EDIT: Did you want a treadmill in this house? I just realized that your floor plan doesn't have any space for a home gym, and after looking at all the rooms that have been furnished, there really isn't a place to put workout equipment. However, there is a bit a room in the garage I could put one. What do you think, or do you not care if there's one?

Yay! I'm so excited! No, it's ok without, they aren't into fitness that much and they can go to the gym.
  • Options

Yay! I'm so excited! No, it's ok without, they aren't into fitness that much and they can go to the gym.

Alrighty then, that solves that, lol. Thanks for your quick response.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Hi @Simlena528 , I have your home ready!

QHllXar.jpg

Just a few notes -- I tried to match the interiors as close as I could to your photos, but of course there are some things we just can't do in the game, lol. And of course, as we discussed, I did the exterior in a combo brick/sage green color instead of the white siding.

A couple bookcases in the house aren't usable and are there only for decor purposes, but there are others in the house they can use. In your floor plan, there was a mechanical room at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor, so I made that into a little reading nook. Hope you like it, and it was a pleasure building this for you.

Download and picture links can be found on my showcase thread or the DNA thread (links in my siggy below).
  • Options
    StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    Since the house is quite modern, are you ok with modern furnishings and being more minimalistic? You mentioned that you liked contemporary comfort stuff, but I think I'll use that down in the basement where I will make a TV area; it's a little less modern than some of the other furniture pieces. Thanks.

I'm fine with the house being decorated in a more modern way. When I think of minimalistic I always imagine a black and white theme, which I have to say I'm not really a fan of. But the sims have most things they need in their main home so this vacation lot doesn't need to be crammed with everything so minimal is fine. I would like some bookcases around though, one of the sims does a lot of reading
  • Options
    Storietime wrote: »
    Since the house is quite modern, are you ok with modern furnishings and being more minimalistic? You mentioned that you liked contemporary comfort stuff, but I think I'll use that down in the basement where I will make a TV area; it's a little less modern than some of the other furniture pieces. Thanks.

I'm fine with the house being decorated in a more modern way. When I think of minimalistic I always imagine a black and white theme, which I have to say I'm not really a fan of. But the sims have most things they need in their main home so this vacation lot doesn't need to be crammed with everything so minimal is fine. I would like some bookcases around though, one of the sims does a lot of reading

Ok, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I guess what I meant by minimalistic was not a lot of clutter. I will avoid black and white and do more neutral tones. If you have time, feel free to send me inspiration pics of interiors that you like.

Are any of your sims that will be going to this house, musical? There's an area off the living room that would look good with a piano, or maybe I could make that it a reading area with bookcases. Which would you prefer?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    A clutter-free house is fine, for some reason minimalist just always makes me think of black and white. I had a quick look online and pulled up a few pictures of interiors I like in terms of colour and open spaces. one , two and three

As a matter of fact, yes. The male sim Nathan plays the piano a lot so I'm sure he would be very happy to have one in his new holiday home too.
    Post edited by Storietime on
  • Options
    A clutter-free house is fine, for some reason minimalist just always makes me think of black and white. I had a quick look online and pulled up a few pictures of interiors I like in terms of colour and open spaces. one , two and three

As a matter of fact, yes. The male sim Nathan plays the piano a lot so I'm sure he would be very happy to have one in his new holiday home too.

@Storietime, thank you! Although your "one" and "three" photos are the same one, lol. Perfect, I will plan on putting the piano there then.
  • Options
    Haha, so they are! I edited the links now though so they should all be different pictures :)
  • Options
    Haha, so they are! I edited the links now though so they should all be different pictures :)

Thank you!
  • Options
    @Storietime, just giving you an update. Things are going well and still plugging along on it.
  • Options
    I have both of those sets :)
  • Options
    I have both of those sets :)

Ok, good....just in case I decide to use anything from those. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Storietime , you have Aurora Skies right? I saw I used something from that world in Hazelnut Cream, but just wanted to double check. Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, I noticed the baby items I used on that build that come with the gold version of Aurora Skies, can also be purchased separately, so I just need to know if you have the world, because there was something that I wanted to use, lol.
  • Options
    I do have Aurora Skies, yes :)
  • Options
    I do have Aurora Skies, yes :)

Ok, that's good. I guess I should have just gotten from you what you don't own, lol.....might have been easier. hehe
  • Options
    Hi @Storietime , I should be able to get you your house some time this week. I will send you a message about getting it to you soon. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Storietime, I'm happy to present you with your winter vacation home for your sim couple and her two sisters.

sD34BcF.jpg

I sent you a message with the Mediafire file of your lot. [Note: due to the steepness of this custom lot, it did not import to an EA lot very well, so I will be uploading another version of this house to the Exchange with some lot modifications so that others can also use this house.] :)

I hope the house resembles your inspiration photos pretty closely. I had to pull the cliff out a little to accommodate the size of the house and your deck over the water.

The house has 3 levels: 1) Basement level has your indoor pool that you wanted, a hot tub, sauna room, gym with tanning booth, a bathroom, laundry room and a tv/game area. 2) Main floor has a large kitchen, separate dining room, living room with fireplace (with windows that look down into the pool), two bedrooms for the sisters (each with their own balcony) and a bathroom. 3) Top floor has the master suite with a large bathroom with fireplace, another bathroom, an office and a reading room with outdoor deck.

Since your lot was an island, I added in a mooring post for a boat, and I was able to fit in another pool outdoors, and there are numerous outdoor spaces for your sims to hang out. I hope you like!

fF1lCrb.jpg
    VO73MUi.jpg
    Vog7z2n.jpg

EXTERIOR PHOTOS
    uEmGGnK.jpg
    wLheRg9.jpg
    CFgcUet.jpg
    49Mhss8.jpg
    wZ5hVVF.jpg
    77DnTeQ.jpg
    MTyf6MY.jpg
    EzBDe0G.jpg
    IuO4w2Z.jpg

INTERIOR PHOTOS
    J5vfB8Y.jpg
    Lo0pPSF.jpg
    kl6R4Ox.jpg

Master for the young couple
    N62XSrq.jpg
    bwigQuh.jpg

Girly room for the sister who likes pink
    U61o7cR.jpg

Neutral room for sister who likes reading, gardening and cats
    MJv08ie.jpg

Indoor pool
    lFcRm2I.jpg
    TV1rJ2Q.jpg

Basement
    WBdmKkT.jpg
    m9xGJHR.jpg

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Sandraelle that looks amazing!
  • Options
    Oh wow, that looks beyond amazing! I love the shape of it, it looks so much like the inspiration house! Thank you for fitting so much into the lot, like two pools and a sauna, I'm sure the family will love their vacations in this wonderful house! Thank you!