Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    DaisiesDay wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, I'm so excited! :) I didn't expect it so soon! :o

I'm so sorry I got your hopes up, but it's been a busy week so I have not yet had time to work on the pictures. I'm hoping to have some time this weekend though. :)

• Options
    DaisiesDayDaisiesDay Posts: 913 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »

I'm so sorry I got your hopes up, but it's been a busy week so I have not yet had time to work on the pictures. I'm hoping to have some time this weekend though. :)

That's fine! I definitely understand. <3
  • Options
    Sandraelle wrote: »

That's fine! I definitely understand. <3

Working on getting the pics posted today! :)
  • Options
    @DaisiesDay, you can find your finished request in our DNA thread here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15297977/#Comment_15297977

I really enjoyed building this for you and hope that you are pleased with the results. Everything is upgraded and playtested. Enjoy! :)

oIRisAQ.jpg

• Options
    StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    Hi Sandraelle, thanks for claiming my request!
    1) I've taken some pictures of the world and the lot I will be using. The lot that the house will be put on actually has great views of the ocean and mountains from most angles, but I planned on the front of the house being where the mailbox and dustbin are, and the back of the house will look out over the water and the blue barn on the opposite land. Pictures of the lot right here

2) I would like some harvestable plants, but having flowers and hedges from the Build section is totally fine as well

3) Yeah, sorry that doesn't make much sense! I've been putting images of things I like in a Pinterest folder, I think I put the link of it in my request. And I know some of the pictures that I saved this one and this one have staircases that lead to the 2nd floor. That's what I don't want. I'd like the only way to get to the 2nd floor is from inside. I don't mind steps going up to the house at all, I just don't want a big staircase leading up to a balcony, that's all :)
  • Options
    Storietime wrote: »
    Hi Sandraelle, thanks for claiming my request!
    1) I've taken some pictures of the world and the lot I will be using. The lot that the house will be put on actually has great views of the ocean and mountains from most angles, but I planned on the front of the house being where the mailbox and dustbin are, and the back of the house will look out over the water and the blue barn on the opposite land. Pictures of the lot right here

2) I would like some harvestable plants, but having flowers and hedges from the Build section is totally fine as well

3) Yeah, sorry that doesn't make much sense! I've been putting images of things I like in a Pinterest folder, I think I put the link of it in my request. And I know some of the pictures that I saved this one and this one have staircases that lead to the 2nd floor. That's what I don't want. I'd like the only way to get to the 2nd floor is from inside. I don't mind steps going up to the house at all, I just don't want a big staircase leading up to a balcony, that's all :)

You're very welcome and thank you for being so prompt with your answers and the pics of the lot are very helpful -- the world looks gorgeous.

Yes, I did see the Pinterest photos and they are all so pretty. I understand now that you don't want a big staircase leading up to the 1st floor, thank you for clarifying that.

I really look forward to creating your log home. One other question came to mind, are you more fond of the darker log walls versus the lighter golden/yellowish color?
  • Options
    I'm glad the staircase / level thing made sense, sorry I didn't explain it very well on my request.
    Erm, I prefer the darker log walls but I will leave all colour and pattern choices up to you, to see what looks good and what works :)
  • Options
    I'm glad the staircase / level thing made sense, sorry I didn't explain it very well on my request.
    Erm, I prefer the darker log walls but I will leave all colour and pattern choices up to you, to see what looks good and what works :)

Ok good, because I'm more partial to the darker logs as well. :)
  • Options
    @Storietime, Just popping in to give you an update. I've got the whole shell done and am starting to do the interiors. I've got a good start on the living room, and kitchen/dining space. Did you want to see any sneak peeks or do you want to be surprised?
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @Sandraelle. That is great to hear, you're very quick at making progress. I would still be bulldozing every wall I built and trying to decide where to build the shell.
    I would love sneak peeks again, if it isn't too much to ask :)
  • Options
    Not too much to ask at all. I'm surprised I'm as far along as I am, as I think I bulldozed and rebuilt the foundation about 20 times, trying to center the area of the house and trying to get the placement of the stairs to the basement correctly, lol.

Well here it is so far. Please let me know if you don't like my choice of colors/materials, i.e., if you want the exterior logs to be lighter, or darker, or if you want a different roof color. I am trying to go rustic but not too rustic, so please tell me if I'm on the right track so far. I've also mixed the interior with some rock walls along with the stacked stone that's on parts of the exterior. (If you don't like the mix, just let me know.) The ground floor will have the 2-story tall LR with FP, kitchen, DR with fireplace, laundry, 1/2 bath and master suite with FP. The 2nd story will have a loft reading nook, a computer niche, a bathroom and the two children's bedrooms. I will add a guest bedroom (or 2?) to the basement level, along with maybe exercise space, a game room perhaps and another bathroom (haven't laid out this area yet). Is there anything else you'd like to see in the basement? Another dilemma I had was the flooring in the kitchen/dining area. I've changed it around so many times and not sure it looks right. Do you like what I did or would you rather have a different look to it? It's a mixture of wood trim and small bricks. Also, I didn't necessarily want the whole interior to be the log walls, so I made the outside interior walls to look like flat logs with chinking (that mortar stuff inbetween the logs).

NYVYbKR.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my, it looks so awesome already! I really love the overall shape of it. I also really like the colours on the outside, that tone wood really works well with the stone. It certainly has that rustic farmhouse feel to it that I was after. The roof colour looks fine to me as well.
    Thank you for creating some of the interior two-story, that was one of the things I was dreading if I tried this myself. I really like the look of it so far, and I think you were right to put in some stone / rock in there, and break the wood up a bit. I really like the darker tones and the green in there as well.
    It would be great if you can manage to get at least 2 guest bedrooms in, they don't need to be huge in size. If there is room in the basement then something like a library would be really cool, I didn't request it because i didn't want to overphase you with too many things haha, but lots of tall bookcases and some big comfy chairs to relax in, that would be awesome. But it really isn't needed, there is a nice library I built in the town if there isn't the room for it.
    I love the kitchen! The breakfast bar / island is a great idea, and I have to say I really like the flooring idea you had for the kitchen and dining area. I really like the wood trim, it breaks things up a bit.
  • Options
    Whew! So glad you're liking the look so far. And I'm sure I'll be able to fit 2 guest bedrooms in the basement. I can certainly put a library down there as well, but so far I have a loft space that sits above the entry way that I was planning to put an easy chair, ottoman and a bookcase. Or do you want both? lol Or, I could make that little loft space a play area for the children, perhaps?

I ended up changing out the upper cabinets in the kitchen. Which ones do you prefer? Also, which sink do you like, the stainless steel, white or the copper one?

8U4bsVr.jpg
  • Options
    The library area sounds like a great idea for the loft space! It was only an idea I had to fill up some space in the basement. I can't think there is anthing else the house, or the family really needs, but an exercise area would come in useful for sure.
    I prefer the newer cabinets in the kitchen, I think they look a bit nicer :) And I think the stainless steel sink looks best
  • Options
    Hi @Storietime, Can you give me your opinion about the master bath? Kind of going off one of your inspiration photos, are the two pics I posted too rustic for you or is this along the lines of what you like?

HzeLQXm.jpg
  • Options
    All I can say is wow! That looks exactly like what I was hoping for, something rustic and cozy
  • Options
    All I can say is wow! That looks exactly like what I was hoping for, something rustic and cozy

Ok, great. I'm almost done with the 1st and 2nd floors and then will down to the basement.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @romagi, thanks Rox. I'm not sure that I'm liking the baseboard trim though -- might change that to the rustic wood.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the different baseboard. @Storietime and @romagi1, whatcha think?

t6MZE0z.jpg
  • Options
    Simlena528Simlena528 Posts: 199 Member
    Wow, that is gorgeous! I'm going to be putting that house in my game :) I think the rustic baseboard looks nice.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Oh, yes! I agree the baseboard is much better in the rustic wood. And that floor matches the inspiration photo to perfection!!
  • Options
    @Simlena528 and @romagi1, thank you. Yes, after I changed it I immediately liked the rustic wood trim better. (Hope @Storietime does too.) You would not believe how many times I changed that floor tile to try and match it somewhat, lol.
  • Options
    I agree with the others, the rustic trim does look better :)
  • Options
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Looking excellent so far Sandy :smiley: