Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 008 - Rules

Comments

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Nice start Glimmer! ... Gonna have to drift off to read up on your "New Beginnings"!

Vi, I have actually finished this one. I found it to be quite the challenge, especially the first half of the promotions. My Heir started at level 1 in the writing career. She had traits for an artist or athlete. I really did have lots of fun, but had to really focus on her writing career to get the promotions, so she could adopt and eventually produce an heir. I am not sure if my screen shots will give me a story or not ... but now that I have this one under the belt... lol and phew! I am gonna drift over and check out my pics and see if I can piece together an interesting story. Wish me luck!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Glimmer50 George is gonna' b a great Dad!! Can't wait 2 c how things go :smile: Wonderful start!

YEAY @tammyjo329 GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 008!!! *happy dance* I'm glad that this was a fun challenge 4 ya...it truly IS a challenge, that's 4 sure...but as always...that's what I try 2 do when I come up w/new ideas...no cake walks as a Drifter! ;)
    Can't wait 2 c the story (if u end up compiling 1) they r always fun 2 read!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thanks Vi! and I have started a story. You can find part 1 here: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

10-01-15_6-41-15c2a0pm.png?w=1761
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Thanks Vi! and I have started a story. You can find part 1 here: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

10-01-15_6-41-15c2a0pm.png?w=1761

I just read your blog and I think your story is fabulous. I LOVE it!!
    Aww Thanks Glimmer. I'm glad you like it! :)
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Pretty much done, just waiting for my heir to become an adult. Here's Glenda's adopted kids, Leah:
    MymlFLX.png

Dahlia:
    PEogE95.png

and Zoe:
    26e4iej.png

And here's the heir, Rodriguo:
    TtDcBRL.png

Glenda has passed away. I'm so sad I have no more purple/green people to play with! Maybe an alien gene will pop up unexpectedly in the future. Like I said Glenda's one brother had a child that looks and sounds just like a full blooded alien so I'm holding out hope. Here's a picture of her and Rodriguo playing together as children. Her name is Annette, that's her mom watching them. Alien children are so cute!
    CWZSMyY.jpg

edited October 2015
    @mocajava You never know what the future holds. What you could do is introduce some alien women in your gene pool next challenge. I mean the heir will need someone right? I would put a bunch of them in and hope he meets one of them.

Congrats on completing the challenge. :)
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    Ohh you got lucky with your adopted kids, #Mocajava, they all look so different. My kids all have fair skin and black hair - I was hoping for more variety.

I came here to tell you that my household will be full in a couple of sim days. My main sim was abducted and now has "weird tummy ache". This is my first male pregnancy in Sims 4. Almost all of my Drifter households have had one or more (some very many) abductions but no one ever got pregnant although I was hoping for that to happen. And now that I did not want any more sims in the household, there will be an alien baby. This is so typical...!
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    @mocajava You never know what the future holds. What you could do is introduce some alien women in your gene pool next challenge. I mean the heir will need someone right? I would put a bunch of them in and hope he meets one of them.

Congrats on completing the challenge. :)

Ooh that's an idea...I could make a household of alien ladies, maybe Rodriguo will get lucky!

Well, Glenda's ghost is still around, though I didn't ask her to move back in because once the heir moves out and everyone else dies all she'd do is take up a house another family could move into. But her gravestone is outside, and is guarded fiercely!
    R6XKYmE.jpg

edited October 2015
    Tiipii wrote: »
    Ohh you got lucky with your adopted kids, #Mocajava, they all look so different. My kids all have fair skin and black hair - I was hoping for more variety.

I came here to tell you that my household will be full in a couple of sim days. My main sim was abducted and now has "weird tummy ache". This is my first male pregnancy in Sims 4. Almost all of my Drifter households have had one or more (some very many) abductions but no one ever got pregnant although I was hoping for that to happen. And now that I did not want any more sims in the household, there will be an alien baby. This is so typical...!

It is always when you least expect it but how fun. :) Only thing is...did you already have the heir? I hope this child won't have to get sent to back to the home world.
    edited October 2015

Sorry you had bad luck with your adopted kids. I wanted them to look a bit different so I got lucky and had a dark skinned baby available the second time i adopted. I wanted to adopt a boy the third time but there were no male babies, but that worked out ok as Glenda gave birth to a boy :) Oh lucky you on the alien baby! It always seems that my females get abducted, and there's no chance of them coming back pregnant. I love my aliens!
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    Glimmer, I already have the heir, so everything is alright on that front and I can keep the alien baby. And the heir just completed her child aspiration - whiz kid - so now her dad only has to get his last promotion and become Creator of Worlds and then I have completed all the requirements. After that it is just the loooong wait for the heir to become YA. That's always the dull part for me but now I will have the new baby to hopefully keep me entertained.
    edited October 2015
    Next Chapter of my blog is up here is the link: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/2-dating-and-adopting/

2. Dating and Adopting
    Okay so I started my new job finally and began to earn some money from publishing books. Not much, mind you but a few bucks here and there. Okay, okay so it was 26 simoleons a day but hey it was a start. Look who stopped by. It is Grady my older brother. He is now a young adult.

aNronxL.png

@Tiipii I am glad you have room for everyone. Yayy!! :)
    edited October 2015
    Hi everyone!

Moca you have such lovely kids! Each one so different from each other, I bet your house 008 is tons of fun to play! .. and congrats on completing the challenge!

Glimmer, I loved your update and left you a comment! :)

Hi Tiipii! So glad you decided to join us on the forums for this challenge. Ohh and congrats on the alien baby! I have only had one alien abduction result in a pregnancy myself and have not even seen an abduction in the last few generations/challenges .... maybe I'll get lucky and see one on house 009!

Ohh I almost forgot... I finished my story and you can find "A Drifter's Blog Part 2" here: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

10-03-15_11-57-35c2a0am.png?w=1761

edited October 2015
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Moca you have such lovely kids! Each one so different from each other, I bet your house 008 is tons of fun to play! .. and congrats on completing the challenge!

Thanks! Dahlia has a live-in boyfriend now...she tried to propose and he turned her down, she was mortified and I panicked because I thought she was going to die. Luckily Zoe was right there for her to talk to and calm her down :'( . I guess I rushed things, Dahlia and her boyfriend have been friends since they were in grade school so I was really into the 'childhood sweethearts' thing.

update: Dahlia tried again and he said yes! Woohoo!

Post edited by MocaJava on
    edited October 2015
    Wow you all are fast at these challenges. I have been playing and writing like a mad woman.

I am so close to getting it all together now though. George has to get this next level so they can have a child..seems to be taking forever. I guess due to me focusing on the one kid getting her last social need up there then I am done with the 3 kids aspirations. It will then just be the future heir and getting George's writing up there plus still have to get their house LOL...they are on the lawn ...I really need to get going on that. Would hate to fail this challenge at this point. :|

If I haven't said congrats to all that have finished this challenge, then congrats :) . @MocaJava I know this is OT but do you have MC Command Woohoo module? Just wondering as I was thinking of getting it but then I guess during these challenges you have to turn off anything Risky or not do anything.
    @MocaJava I know this is OT but do you have MC Command Woohoo module? Just wondering as I was thinking of getting it but then I guess during these challenges you have to turn off anything Risky or not do anything.

I do have the woohoo module but haven't really used it because of the challenges. I wish you could turn certain mods on and off for certain saves.

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @MocaJava I <3 how diverse your adopted kids r!! :smile: U can really tell that Rodriguo is the heir....the genes passed nicely
    I like that "autumn" looking skin (or mod..whatever) that you're using..looks great! Love the red/orange trees & dying grass...it's pretty realistic.
    O my!! :open_mouth: I have yet 4 any alien abductions in ANY of my games so far... Alien nooboo incoming...better get ready heh
    Wow you all are fast at these challenges.
    I think that ALL the time LOL
    I have faith that all will end well 4 ya...you're through the toughest bits having done all the childhood aspirations. I know a lot of people were dreading the Social Butterfly aspiration...

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @MocaJava I <3 how diverse your adopted kids r!! :smile: U can really tell that Rodriguo is the heir....the genes passed nicely
    I like that "autumn" looking skin (or mod..whatever) that you're using..looks great! Love the red/orange trees & dying grass...it's pretty realistic.

I was so happy I found the autumn mod...I need seasons in this game so bad, I hope they do a winter one as well. The autumn mod is here if anyone's interested.

They do have this snowy terrain mod http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/105307151492/the-sims-4-mod-snowy-terrain but you would have to remove your autumn mod when you wanted to use it.
    They do have this snowy terrain mod http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/105307151492/the-sims-4-mod-snowy-terrain but you would have to remove your autumn mod when you wanted to use it.

Oh thanks so much! Not quite ready to switch to snow yet but I'll bookmark that :)
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 3 is up on my blog. Here is the link: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/12/3-our-life/

Breadcrumbs:

3. Our Life
    So, some time went by and I was busy taking care of Jacob, working and trying not to think of Whitney when out of the clear blue sky she called and asked me on a date. We decided to meet at the park:
    rCv5uZn.png

@MocaJava You are most welcome. I love mods for this game. I am kind of a chicken about using them though. I like to make sure they are by someone I trust. Zebru has done some good work and many people like his stuff so I think he is trustworthy. I have never personally used his mods but others seem to enjoy his work.

I would love some hair mods. I have seen some awesome hair I would love to have but again a little chicken about using it due to how it can mess up your game. Of course, LOL..I use the story progression which is pretty huge. But I love it. Glad I decided to take that leap.

I was wondering though. If we install the whoo hoo one and then use it in other saves, then turn everything off when we do the Drifter Challenges...would that work you think? I really want to use Risky Whoo hoo but good grief having it in a drifter challenge would be suicide. LOL...
    I was wondering though. If we install the whoo hoo one and then use it in other saves, then turn everything off when we do the Drifter Challenges...would that work you think? I really want to use Risky Whoo hoo but good grief having it in a drifter challenge would be suicide. LOL...

I'm sure if you turned everything off when doing the Drifter challenge it would be fine...I'm just too lazy to do that every time I switch lol
    Ok, officially done, Rodriguo is now an adult. Now to go back to my not ugly anymore family...oh but the ugly WILL return, I promise you >:)

Here's a picture of Glenda feeding Dahlia's daughter:
    N6NY3DW.jpg
    @MocaJava Yayy congrats!!! Glad you are done. I will be following Randolphs Blood line in your other challenge. :) In my next update to the Rosebud challenge I have a feeling that someone is going to have a child...we shall see. :)

Drifter Challenge wise I have a few chapters written waiting to release. Things are looking up in that challenge. I am determined to get it done while on a break from work but today was a bad day due to my dogs having their teeth cleaned. Took our time and now I have to sit with them because they don't feel well. I still have all day tomorrow though. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top