Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of your family members play the Sims?

ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
So my parents don't, but it seems like my siblings and I do. My favorite of the series is Sims 2. My sister's favorite is the Sims 3. My brother's favorite is the Sims 1. I think I'm the only one that has played all four games though. What about you? Does your family play the Sims? My nephews are too young to play it yet.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited September 2015
    My son's girlfriend plays; we consider her family.

Just adding a bit - almost none of my relatives play video games, at least not my generation and older. My husband plays a handful of Xbox games, and so does one of my many brothers-in-law. My kids' generation all play RPGs, strategy games, and co-op games.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That's cool. Has she played all four or just the Sims 4?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited September 2015
    Both of my younger siblings play. One is a sims 2 addict and the other plays sims 3 on playstation. It's a shame we don't play the same game (anymore since I moved from sims 2 to sims 4 - my fault really :smiley:).
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    My teenage cousin plays. When she comes to stay she plays sims on the laptop and I play on the pc and we talk about what we are up to and share things we are happy with. She's an amazing builder, I love watching her work on a build :)
    Both of my younger siblings play. One is a sims 2 addict and the other plays sims 3 on playstation. It's a shame we don't play the same game (anymore since I moved from sims 2 to sims 4).
    Aww but still nice you all play. My brother and I played the Sims 2 Castaway on DS. We had a lot of fun with that until the game got stolen.
    My teenage cousin plays. When she comes to stay she plays sims on the laptop and I play on the pc and we talk about what we are up to and share things we are happy with. She's an amazing builder, I love watching her work on a build :)
    That's awesome. I'm sure you both like to teach each other things then.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I haven't asked, actually! I know she played at least 2 or 3. She plays a lot of non-Sims games too - hockey, RPGs, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

I haven't asked, actually! I know she played at least 2 or 3. She plays a lot of non-Sims games too - hockey, RPGs, etc.
    That's cool.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    I'm the only one in my family that plays the Sims. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    edited September 2015
    I have played the sims 2 and three, and my sister has played the sims 1, two and three. She dosnt have time to play the sims 4 at the minuet, because she's busy and I think the sims 4 isn't worth the money. But, my favourite is sims 3, but the sims 2 will always hold a special place in my heart:

* It was the first sims game I had played
    * my sister thought me to play it, and I remember all of the special times we would spend sitting in front of the computer making our parents and friends.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
    I'm the only one in my family that plays the Sims. B)
    Aww. Maybe they'll come to love the Sims one day too. Did you share your Justine Keaton pictures with them?
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My sister used to play it but now it is just me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I have played the sims 2 and three, and my sister has played the sims 1, two and three. She dosnt have time to play the sims 4 at the minuet, because she's busy and I think the sims 4 isn't worth the money. But, my favourite is sims 3, but the sims 2 will always hold a special place in my heart:

* It was the first sims game I had played
    * my sister thought me to play it, and I remember all of the special times we would spend sitting in front of the computer making our parents and friends.
    That's nice you enjoy playing with your sister and sweet she got you into the Sims. It can be fun making real people sometimes.
    My sister used to play it but now it is just me :smile:
    Bummer. I hope you two can Sim together again then.
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    My brother played The Sims 1-3, but he has no interest in 4. Back in The Sims 2 days, we shared a computer and I used to get so annoyed when he would play for too long and then I wouldn't get a turn! I've gotten my husband to try out The Sims 3 and 4, but games that don't have an end goal stress him out.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Both of my younger siblings play. One is a sims 2 addict and the other plays sims 3 on playstation. It's a shame we don't play the same game (anymore since I moved from sims 2 to sims 4).
    Aww but still nice you all play. My brother and I played the Sims 2 Castaway on DS. We had a lot of fun with that until the game got stolen.
    I've had a lot of fun playing with my sisters :smile: We used to build sims 1 and sims 2 neighbourhoods together when we still lived under the same roof. Always something happening in the town when all the sims weren't your own (in that way I could see a closed online mode as a good thing).
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Nope I'm the only one that plays sims in my family. Although my brother is the only one that knows I play sims :3

But I do have friends that play.
    My brother played The Sims 1-3, but he has no interest in 4. Back in The Sims 2 days, we shared a computer and I used to get so annoyed when he would play for too long and then I wouldn't get a turn! I've gotten my husband to try out The Sims 3 and 4, but games that don't have an end goal stress him out.
    That's nice you have done some Simming with your brother and husband. I think that is what I love about the Sims is no end goal unless a Sim dies.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    My kids have both played. They will both play now and again but my daughter is the closest to my addiction. They've both played along with me since 2.

I do have a funny story I've shared a few times. When my SIL visited (they live out of state) not long after TS2 was released and she saw I had the sims she started asking all kinds of questions. My kids and I thought it was awesome cause maybe there would be another simmer in the family. Turns out she was just confused. She purchased the game but after loading it realized it wasn't in English so she threw it away. You should have seen the looks on our faces!!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    My cousin plays it and my older brother occasionally goes on it to make funny looking sims.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
    I've had a lot of fun playing with my sisters :smile: We used to build sims 1 and sims 2 neighbourhoods together when we still lived under the same roof. Always something happening in the town when all the sims weren't your own (in that way I could see a closed online mode as a good thing).
    Wow awesome you played with your sisters too. That's nice you built the neighborhood together.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Just me. My mom was the one that introduced me to the game way back during Sims 1's time (but near Sims 2's), but she doesn't play now... only me. None of my family or friends play.
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Nope I'm the only one that plays sims in my family. Although my brother is the only one that knows I play sims :3

But I do have friends that play.
    That's still nice to have friends that play at least.
    br560 wrote: »
    My cousin plays it and my older brother occasionally goes on it to make funny looking sims.
    LOL that's awesome. Did they make a thunder thighs Sim yet?
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Just me. My mom was the one that introduced me to the game way back during Sims 1's time (but near Sims 2's), but she doesn't play now... only me. None of my family or friends play.
    Aww but still cool your mom got you into the game.