Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soocoolsim's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Thanks @Nirvanatje . Appreciate you taking the time to comment :smiley:

Hello @winterbaby20 , I'm touching base since you indicated a preference for contact before building. Please feel free to post any additional information for your request in this thread or pics of anything in particular that you like :smile:

I've a couple of question for you as well...
    (a) did you need space for a car in this lot?
    (b) for the different shades of brown... how light can I go (cream?)
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited October 2017
    (a) did you need space for a car in this lot?
    yes
    (b) for the different shades of brown... how light can I go (cream?)
    Not too light. cream is way too light for my taste. Brown shades should be obvious.
    can you also place the third cheapest car on the car lot and it has to be in the shade of brown.
    @soocoolsim

Thanks for responding so quickly @winterbaby20 .
    (c) Are we looking at every single thing in shades of brown including the colour of the toilet bowl and sink?
    (d) Any style preference for the bungalow, e.g.... modern, traditional, etc?
    edited October 2017
    (c) Are we looking at every single thing in shades of brown including the colour of the toilet bowl and sink?
    yes, she's Brown berry sim
    (d) Any style preference for the bungalow, e.g.... modern, traditional, etc?
    traditional
    @soocoolsim

Gotcha @winterbaby20 . OK, so I've added a custom lot size 15x15 to my game. It's pretty tight to include the swing, sandbox and car but I can make the rooms small to accommodate.

(e) I'm assuming you want a single level bungalow, right?

(f) The bungalows in my hood have basements and foundations... would you like either or prefer a flat lot instead?
    edited October 2017
    (e) I'm assuming you want a single level bungalow, right?
    yes

(f) The bungalows in my hood have basements and foundations... would you like either or prefer a flat lot instead?
    flat lot.

I just got to thinking. My character is not the legal age to drive yet so just a bike port with a bike in it. Also, you can forgo the swing and sandbox. I don't want the room sizes to suffer.

This is the background story of my Generation 1 heiress for inspiration when it comes to decorating the house: Most teenagers would be devasted if they awoke to find a note from their parent telling them that they are abandoning them but not just turn fifteen Sienna Bay. To her, the note represents freedom from her mother telling she was a mistake every day and being able to put the skills she learned from her beloved nanny Stella to good use.
    Her traits: Shy, bookworm, natural cook, neat, and frugal
    @soocoolsim

Thanks for the additional info @winterbaby20 . I did manage to put everything you asked including room for a car however can easily remove this to make any of the rooms larger. Below is the existing layout. The bathroom and living rooms are basic, however I'm thinking this is more like a starter so may be OK. If you would prefer any of the rooms larger, just let me know. Also are you good with the light browns/tan shown in the first pic?

9prK7gC.jpg

@soocoolsim the colors are perfect. The house looks perfect. My teenager and her only child will live quite comfortably in this home.
  • trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    CURRENT REQUEST
    Hello again, my magnificent DNA creators! I've been lurking and liking all of your creations. Such wonderful stuff! I'm back with a request for something quite different than my usual game play.

Username: TrashBinSouvenir

Preferred builder* (If none, leave blank):

Sims 3 or 4?: 3!

Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): Art Deco

Which EPs and SPs do you have? All but Katy Perry Sweet Treats

If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Basic

Lot size (dimensions): 64x64 or 50x50 whichever is best/easiest is great by me

Lot traits (Sims 4): n/a

Number of bedrooms: 3

Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)?
    Master Bedroom is the most important. He’s a womanizing, genie, political figure, so keeping to more masculine colors is best. But still a bit of opulence to show his status. A bed with energy 10 is a must, higher in other areas a plus.
    A nursery: decorate for a toddler, gender neutral if possible. I’d like all of the skill objects included- the walker, the playpen especially. Other toys for skills and otherwise would be amazing. He has many kids, but I always go to the house to make sure they have a crib and toys, even changing their appearance or traits… he likes to spoil his kids rotten! So when the time comes to carry on his legacy hands on, he will be very much attentive and wanting to spoil!
    A guest room or two.. would be convenient to have. I’m not sure if he will ever “settle down” but he does entertain. Keeping to the general feel of the house would be best for these room(s).

Number of bathrooms: I think 4? Bedrooms should have attached bathrooms, and then a common bathroom for guests, especially downstairs. For room attached bedrooms please use shower/tub combos if possible. If it doesn’t fit the aesthetic it’s okay, as long as there is just one in the house. Thank you!

Favorite color schemes: It seems most of the houses are more muted colors in this World. Muted blues, etc. -the exception being neon when called for. I’d like to keep to the world’s overall feel. I am open to all colors (red doesn’t seem overly fitting for this world but I’m sure creative types like you can envision things I cannot). I’m just warming up to yellow, so be slow with me on that color (no pure yellow rooms quite yet!!) Geometrical patterns seem to also be frequent in the homes.

Colors you dislike: For this build anything to dark, such as too much black or dark colors, would seem off. So trying to stay anyway from that.

Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes PLEASE 

Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Of Course
    Please list the Store content that can be used: All

Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used (Sims 3): none

If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Roaring Heights
    Link to specific house or plan:

Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? A modest pool would be nice, and a hot tub. No butler requirements needed.. genies are very handy! A nice bar/entertainment room would be helpful as he does throw parties as a political figure. Some sort of money making outlet would be nice- something creative (painting, sculpting, inventing, etc.. what does a roaring 20s male do to make some side money… hmmm LOL) as he has free time and not much to do. A nice office (does not have to be same room) would also suit him very well. A relaxation room (sauna, massage table, etc) would be beneficial to his lifestyle as he often comes home stressed. A gym would also be nice, especially if provided with martial arts equipment! Also, since this is Roaring Heights, including the fixer up car would be neat if it works out.

Is communication required before the builder begins work? It would be nice… my game may be in a different place than now, as I’ve never played a sim like this for so long… not entirely sure where his future is headed! He may find “the one” and become a family man for all I know! If you’d like to know more about my sim just ask!

Additional instructions? The kitchen doesn’t need to be extensive… as a genie summons the food. I’d like it to look nice, but it does not need to take a lot of room. If a garage is to be featured at all, a single is fine. But completely unnecessary unless it helps with the aesthetic, as I usually do not buy vehicles. Never had an art deco done before! Also, excessive collectibles are not necessary (such as gems, etc to decorate the house), if I do find any I’d like to incorporate that myself. However, including rare plants (death flower, life fruit, and flame fruit, to name some) would be very convenient!! Also of note, while functionality is VERY important to me.. I’m not particularly going for the “lived in” feel, as he spends most of his time away from home. I’m really looking to showcase a nice art deco theme that shows off his social status, while providing him an excellent place to unwind after his work and nights on the town.

Thank you so so much to whoever decides to help with this fun little scenario I created on the fly and it turned into a very fun, stress relieving game world for me, for less "serious simming". You all are wonderful here, dedicating your precious time to those of us in this community. <3

TrashBinSouvenir (Brittany) checking in! Thank you so much for taking my request! I'm so thrilled!! :)
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png

Yay, thanks for checking in @trashbinsouvenir . How collaborative would you like to be with this build... i.e. would you like to see WIPs as I go along, or just occasional check-ins when I have questions, or be surprised at the end?
    @soocoolsim I'd love to see WIPs, especially for any questions you may have- but I definitely trust your judgement and love surprises at the end! So if you aren't sure something is quite the right fit for me/my sim, WIP pix and questions are probably the best way. I hate making a creator feel obligated in some way to take progress pictures, so I'm definitely not demanding in that sense!! If I had to pick from those three options, I'd say when you have questions. But I definitely love seeing a few pictures here and there mostly for themes and color at the beginning, as I'd hate for you to spend a lot of time on something only for me to ask you to change it!!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png

Sounds great @trashbinsouvenir , it's a new style for me as well so I appreciate the check points. Not much time to sim these days until the weekends but I've started my research and am excited to get cracking soon :smiley:

Hi @trashbinsouvenir , I've got a WIP and questions for you here. It's my first take at the shell so it may be tweaked a bit as I go along (or a lot depending on your input, lol)
    @soocoolsim That is exactly how I was envisioning the 'feel'! The architectural pieces and details are definitely what I was going for, and even the shape! :) The rounded glass corner is perfect- it really makes it for me! I actually like the color scheme for the outside. I wouldn't want a blue house on the outside I don't think.. probably a little much! I think these tones feel very "art deco" and 20s-ish. I know most art deco houses seem to traditionally be plain white on the outside, but I'm not the biggest fan of that, so I definitely like having some color in there without it being overpowering.
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png

Yay @trashbinsouvenir , awesome I'm on the right track with your vision. I may do a little bit of tweaking and of course the full landscaping so no more sneaky peaks of the exterior until the end, lol :smile:

Hya @trashbinsouvenir , I'm moving along nicely on your lot. Have the kitchen, study, living room, party room and pool-hot-tub areas laid out with objects and started recolouring.

Quick questions:
    (a) would you like the entire lot fenced or OK just the pool area? (not sure if your sim is hunted by paparazzi :smile:
    (b) are you OK with the old fashioned Retronik Lectronik stereo or would you prefer a modern sound system?
    @soocoolsim Just the pool area is okay! :) And the old fashioned Retronik Lectronik stereo is fine for this build, definitely!!
    Thank you so much!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png

Great @trashbinsouvenir , I really like the open curb appeal so that's perfect. A few more questions.... did you want laundry?
    Also I was thinking about your roaring 20s genie and imagining him entertaining all his friends.
    Would you like a games room in the basement? Maybe even a black jack table?
    @soocoolsim I was really on the fence about laundy for this sim, but if it flows with the house, I think it could be a nice moodlet boost! If not, don't stress about trying to fit it or make it work.
    I think a moderate games room would be nice, nothing too hi-tech (trying to keep with the era!) but a few activities would be nice. A pool table, and the like. I love the idea of a blackjack table- definitely seems the type of activity he would enjoy! A womanizing, drinking, gambling, genie in the 20s. :D:p It's such the opposite of the normal sims I play- I'm having way too much fun with it all. Thank you so much for helping me create a home for this game! I still have him living in a starter house, barebones besides gifted decor items that don't match, so it's really quite unbecoming. LOL
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    edited October 2017
    No prob @trashbinsouvenir , I can add a small laundry room with the old fashioned washer and dryer and tuck the laundry baskets around the home. Art deco is so very elegant and I think modern way before its time. I'm loving this style and your genie backstory is precious. I'm imagining all kinds of scenarios he can get up to in this home lol.

I've pretty much done all the landscaping... I used 50x50 which is a great size and gives you more lot placement options. I did have yard room so the pool/hot tub area is not that modest, lol. Added an outdoor dining table, chairs and BBQ grill on the patio leading off the kitchen. The rest of the backyard includes a fountain, loveseats, a few plants including the rare ones you mentioned. Have kept everything fairly clean so more of a showcase as you requested.

A few interior WIPs here for your thoughts... do let me know your preference.
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
    @soocoolsim
    I love all of the activities you’ve included! All of my favorites, actually!! I like the lighter colors, I think. I’m so amazed at how different the bar area looks from day to night!!! That is SO cool! And it matches the era perfectly! So impressive. I think keeping the instruments is better, as I tend not to use karaoke much… not sure why. It probably would match the era better but.. I think the instruments are more suited to my play style. 
    I am creating so many scenarios for him to play out in this house! I’m so thrilled!! Just too exciting!! I love how you’ve included a keg, too, since I do love using that for parties. And even a dance floor!!! I love having all of that for entertaining. So glad to hear it’s implemented! Definitely a party room built for my special character, lol! I’m glad you’re enjoying creating this style of house!! And thank you for letting me know the lot size- I’ll begin eyeing lots, lol! I’m excited to see the outdoor area, it sounds completely beyond my expectations!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
    @soocoolsim Love the neon in the kitchen like that!! You are so creative to fit all of the neon you have into the house... I didn't even think it could really be done tastefully! Such talent!! <3
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png

Aw @trashbinsouvenir you are so sweet. Thanks, it was fun playing around with the neon pieces.

OK, another WIP and questions for you here as a colour check. Just the dining room and powder room to go and I'll be done recolouring the main floor. I'll keep those and the foyer as a surprise. The bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs will be a biggie, lol. Did you still want to see a few more WIPs as I progress or shall I keep the rest for the final reveal?