Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clock that moves and grandfather's clock that swings

rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Sims 4 looks so unfinished with all the clocks frozen in time. Clocks aren't supposed to stop, they are supposed to move with time!

Like this Fan made mod for the existing grandfather's clock that actually moves!

Maxis, please work your lazy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like now! now Maxis work!!!! fix all your laziness bit by bit.

Comments

• shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I never noticed that the clock's don't move. Not surprised :/
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I got that, it's great!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sims 2 grandfather clock not only moved, but chimed. A sim could even wind it!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    Sims 4 looks so unfinished with all the clocks frozen in time. Clocks aren't supposed to stop, they are supposed to move with time!

Like this Fan made mod for the existing grandfather's clock that actually moves!

Maxis, please work your lazy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like now! now Maxis work!!!! fix all your laziness bit by bit.
    things changes...
    too difficult and expensive.
    and was the best decision.
    and things like that just choose the best excuse for you.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Finaally mysim can tell time.Should have already been done.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Is there a single corner they haven't cut? You'd think this game was made by a completely different studio. The level of care and attention to detail don't compare with previous games. They don't come close....
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    In SIms 3, they moved, and if you watched them with the NRaas mod Relativity installed, you could see how it worked which was a bit unnerving.
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    I remember that. We could also set time on the alarm clock. Such a shame they couldn't do this with the grandfather clock in Sims 4. If mods can be made by a third party to do this why can't EA put this in the game?
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    I remember that. We could also set time on the alarm clock. Such a shame they couldn't do this with the grandfather clock in Sims 4. If mods can be made by a third party to do this why can't EA put this in the game?

I wouldn't say that making clocks move is one of their biggest priorities now...
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

I wouldn't say that making clocks move is one of their biggest priorities now...
    No but it shows from the littlest of things quality is not there.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yea that bumed me out a bit.
  • xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    It's the little things that have always had the biggest impact. I've always felt like Sim houses felt like showrooms. Having a grandfather clock with a pendulum that swings and chimes on the hour will make the house feel like someone lives there.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Of course it isn't and it shouldn't be. But it is an example of corners that were cut that weren't cut in previous games.

Sims 2 blows me away with the animations. Given that that was supposed to be one of Sims 4 selling points, I'm not sure why they lowered the bar as much as they did and then expected people to not notice.
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited September 2015
    Sims 2 and 3 both had working clocks.
    It's was little things that the developer's did to the games back then that made it feel more real.
    Sims 2 , blinking Christmas lights, wow

OP thank you SOOoooo Much for the link, this will make the Sims for me a little more alive.
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Is there a single corner they haven't cut? You'd think this game was made by a completely different studio. The level of care and attention to detail don't compare with previous games. They don't come close....

no love for Sims4. Thankfully they gave us free updates online. Hopefully they'll fix this also. (I still have hope Maxis, so do something!)
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

No but it shows from the littlest of things quality is not there.

In Sims2, there's even alarm clock where you can set timer on it. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 why there's no these anymore!? In a Maxis-style excuse: "we want to introduce a more modern electronics, Sims would use buzzer so you can't hear the alarm, and Sims would also use their mobile phone to wake them up", what da fook!?
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I got that, it's great!
    is it an override or a new object?
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    First thing I look at if a game has clocks.

Clocks need to work - no question. Further, Sims need to interact with them - such as glancing at it and getting a worried look when late for school/work/etc. And, lots of other stuff as well.

I stand ready with a torch, pitchfork and snarling dog to make this happen :rage:

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • trastelltrastell Posts: 72 Member
    I really miss having the clocks move too. I used to love the Grandfather clocks that chimed! Glancing at clocks would be a really nice touch.

Clocks need to work - no question. Further, Sims need to interact with them - such as glancing at it and getting a worried look when late for school/work/etc. And, lots of other stuff as well.

I stand ready with a torch, pitchfork and snarling dog to make this happen :rage:

I think that's a nice detail. Say you can view at clocks, and sims would react differently.

Oh @SimGuruRachel please command your legions to enable clock movement, chimes, alarm, and all the details needed to make Sims4 looks more and more like a game made with love
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »

I think that's a nice detail. Say you can view at clocks, and sims would react differently.

Oh @SimGuruRachel please command your legions to enable clock movement, chimes, alarm, and all the details needed to make Sims4 looks more and more like a game made with love

You could even bolt more traits into that as well - maybe something like 'Punctual'. This could cause a sim to get a negative moodlet and could add some interactions like 'Get moving', etc. that, in turn, could give negative moodlets to other sims. Time would make traits like patient/impatient viable.

Indeed, working clocks would add a whole level of gameplay as it would no longer be just the lower level needs that make use of the time mechanic. Time mechanics would then be part of the motivation of the sims- Ambitious sims getting positive moodlets for being early to work etc (to detriment of family), for example.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    They not only 'moved' but kept time with the game time. I really want to see this return. Can't even set an alarm clock can we? :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant Please consider returning this small details.
  • ManOfSteelManManOfSteelMan Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see a digital clock as well.
    I would like to see a digital clock as well.

With animation!