Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 *Color Queen Competition! Season 2* ~WINNER ANNOUNCED~

MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
110eww7.png
^Mind the gap. D:

Hello everyone! Welcome to The Sims 4 Color Queen Competition Season 2. CQCS1 is coming to an end soon while we get ready for Finals. In the meantime, we are going to begin accepting applications for S2! I can't wait to get started and see all the models come and have a great time.
Here's everything you need to know:

What is TS4CQC?
TS4CQC just stands for The Sims 4 Color Queen Competition. It is a fun competition where everyone is welcome to enter. Throughout the course of a month, we will be having fun, color-filled challenges to crown the winner the Color Queen.

What kind of challenges will there be?
All kinds of challenges will be taking place, varying from formalwear to loungewear, or winter to summer. It has tons of variation!

Where does color interpret into this competition?
EVERYTHING! Creativity & Color is the most important part of this comp. Everything will have color, no matter what the challenge is!

How long will this competition be?
There will be 5 challenges, each going 5 days each. By the end of the 5 challenges, there will be finals, where the top 3 models will be going to finals to compete for the title of Color Queen. Overall, the competition should last about a month.

Do I have to be good at editing sims into photos?
Quality of the photo counts for 10/50 points in the score. So, yes, you will need to know how to edit. You are not allowed to ask someone else to edit for you.

*Please note that all of this is subject to change!*

MODEL WALL:
eU6Hwb5.png

Slots:
1. @joanb614 with Beth Bradford
2. @alexis3142 with Yasu Tanaka
3. @Karababy52 with Chambree Je'Blu
4. @lialia54 with Alana Wright
5. @Ash89 with Kya Kota
6. @dollarbill88 with Kaleb Tucker
7. @zita1996z with Cathleen Ewing
8. @LemmyLouch with Aspen Grey
9. @esharpmajor with Rose Burnette
10. @porkipine with Oda Wren

206ol02.png

SCORING:
34t3d48.png
There will be THREE judges scoring. Each will fill out the rubric above, add comments, and all scores will be tallied up to have a total of x/150.

ALL APPLICANTS: Please bookmark this thread so you will get notifications when things are posted.

Remember to have fun with this competition! All entries are supposed to be colorful. Don't be scared to go all out an embrace your weirdness! ^_~
1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
Post edited by MaggiSimmer on

Comments

• MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    edited October 2015
    CQC JUDGES

CQCS2 Judges:
    @MaggiSimmer
    @Penguinwa101
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

edited November 2015
    CHALLENGES

FINALS: Black Out, White Out, All Out

You 3 models have proved to be the most colorful in the Color Kingdom, but now, you must battle it out to take the prize of Color Queen. Congratulations for making it to finals, it is of course well deserved.
    Do you have what it takes? Let's see!!

In this challenge, finals, you will have to create 3 outfits for your model. Here's how it will go:
    Black Out- this outfit must be ENTIRELY black, except for ONE accent color! The accent color may be any color you like and can be on any piece you'd like (ex: shirt, pants, shoes) I ask you make sure that the accent color is not used as a solid color if you are using it as a shirt, pants, or dress as it would end up being the main color. HAIR IS NOT INCLUDED!
    White Out- Similar to Black Out, the outfit must be entirely white, with one accent color. Make this accent color DIFFERENT from your last and follow the same guidelines as Black Out. HAIR IS NOT INCLUDED!
    All Out- THIS is where the color comes in. This outfit must be super colorful, super fun, all-out, finals and winner worthy. Everything must be colorful, HEAD TO TOE! Accessorizing is key, make sure this outfit is out-there and super crazy.

Challenge Guidelines:
    1. Make 3 outfits as listed above.
    2. Please provide head shots WITH EACH OUTFIT on a white background. A total of 6 photos should be in your entry.
    3. There will be a stage provided, please don't use your own background. Please put each outfit on the stage separately. (Total of 3 body shots)
    4. Have fun! Be colorful! Go ALL OUT! Don't be scared to go crazy. Color is what this is all about. Good luck girls!!

Don’t forget to have fun with this challenge! CQC is all about being colorful. Don’t play it safe, or your colors might fade from the color kingdom...
    1ph6o6.gif

edited November 2015
    SCORES

~FINALS~

JUDGE 1

@alexis3142 with Yasu Tanaka
    BLACK-OUT
    Creativity & Accent Color: 7/10
    Style:10 /10
    Quality: 10/10
    Requirements: 5/5
    Overall Image: 12/15
    Total Score: 44/50
    Comments: I love her outfit so much! Super cute and you used the black perfectly. The accent color isn’t as brought out as it should be, being that you only used it in very small details like her accessories. Her makeup in her headshot is a different color than it is in her full length, which is a big no-no. Other than that, good job.

WHITE-OUT
    Creativity & Accent Color: 9/10
    Style: 8/10
    Overall Image: 11/15
    Total Score: 43/50
    Comments: I love the purple!! I was close to deducting a point for only showing her backside and her face, but I was kind about it because I adore her pose. I like how you used the accent color in the tights. The shoes don’t work very well with the outfit, though. Her makeup is amazing!!

ALL-OUT
    Creativity & Color: 10/10
    Style: 9/10
    Quality: 9/10
    Requirements: 4/5
    Overall Image: 14/15
    Total Score: 47/50
    Comments: You are the previous Color Queen, and you’ve shown to never disappoint in finals. I love her outfit, it is incredibly colorful and super creative. Yasu wasn’t afraid to go all-out and she did what she’s best at-- COLOR! Amazing job this season, I’m so proud of Yasu coming this far and congrats on your 2nd CQ finals, you truly are a Color Veteran :)

Total Score: 134/150

@esharpmajor with Rose Burnette
    BLACK-OUT
    Total Score: 40/50
    Comments: I like the look Rose has but I think your accent color should’ve been brought out more. You only have red (which, by the way, I love the red) on her shoes and earrings, and I think if you were to given rose either a red headpiece, more red accessories (red necklace and bracelets) it would’ve been better. The editing is a little choppy/noticeable around the edges but that’s nothing too big. I love her makeup, it’s very strong and defining, and her headshot is gorgeous!

WHITE-OUT:
    Overall Image: 13/15
    Total Score: 45/50
    Comments: I love Rose’s 50’s style look. Yellow is my favorite color, and the way the white compliments it is gorgeous. Her hat and her purse and so cute!! Again with the editing, the line around her. Her lipstick is great but I don’t think it matches her outfit too well, something more natural looking would be more suitable. Nice job.

ALL-OUT:
    Creativity & Color: 9/10
    Style: 7/10
    Total Score: 42/50
    Comments: I love the amount of color you gave Rose and the indie look she has. However, I don’t think the top and the skirt match very well along the lines of pattern and color scheme. I love her hair and her sunglasses make her look summer ready! :D Oh, and I have to mention, her hair is amazing! Congrats on making it to the CQ finals. You won immunity multiple times this season and all of them were well deserved. We will miss Rose to the moon and back!!!

Total Score: 127/150

@Spookshow with Aspen Grey
    BLACK-OUT
    Style: 10/10
    Total Score: 46/50
    Comments: I love her gothic look! The blue looks really good with the black. Her dress is to die for and her hair gives me life! Her shoes are super high-fashion but the quality of them isn’t very good. Her makeup is very good and I love the nails. Awesome job!

WHITE-OUT
    Creativity & Accent Color: 8/10
    Requirements: 1/5
    Comments: Ok, I love her look so much but there’s a few thing I have to point out. One, you used a white background when I asked to use a black one (on page 26 I believe) Also, I asked not to use any colors but white and Aspen has black polka dots on her dress. The only other color is supposed to be the accent (yours was red) and her necklace appears pink. I know these are small details but those are the things that are important in a challenge like finals. So, I took of points from requirements.

ALL-OUT
    Creativity & Color: 9/10
    Comments: I love Aspen’s outfit in this one!! Her look is very extravagant and bright. More could’ve been done with her makeup and a headpiece would’ve tied the whole look together, and the outfit really needs more color. I’m loving the shoes, though! You and Aspen have done amazing through this comp, congrats on making it to finals, and we really hope to see her in another comp soon <3

Total Score: 131/150

JUDGE 2

Black-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Total Score: 41/50
    Comments:
    Rose's outfit is very sleek and nice BUT I REALLY wished she had MORE of her accent color... maybe more red accessories and a RED nail instead of a black nail would have rounded out the outfit. OVERALL Rose did a nice job in the Black-out Catagory...

White-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments:
    I LOVE Rose's White Out outfit! VERY Kentucky Derby-esqe... GREAT use of accessories! BUT I feel that if she had a BOLDER yellow nail and a yellow eyeshadow it would have collectively rounded out the look. OVERALL wonderful job...

All-Out:
    Color & Creativity: 10 /10
    Quality 9/10:
    Total Score: 48/50
    Comments:
    Rose has been a POWERHOUSE with colors ALL season and OF COURSE Miss Rose pulls out ALL the stops and take the colors by charge! I ABSOLUTELY adore the groovy 60s-70s look!! The geometric shapes bring A LOT of detail and demension to the overall oufit... I expected nothing but the best from Rose in the All Out Category... and in the finals she gave us even more!!! Now the only question that remains is Rose fit to be a Color Queen?

Total score: 135/150

Black-Out:
    Creativity & Accent Color: 6/10
    Quality 9/10:
    Total Score: 39/50
    Comments:
    Love the pant suit style! BUT... Yasu is lacking her accent color a bolder statement of her accent color is GREATLY needed I can tell it's suppose to be blue... at least I think? A BOLD blue lip might have helped and more BLUE-ER accessories might have helped...

White-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments:
    LOVE the statement of the pink and white!! but I wish your accessories choices were more cohesive... both leggings being pink might have helped and a pink necklace instead of a WHITE pearl necklace... OVERALL AMAZING JOB!

All-Out:
    Color & Creativity: 10/10
    Quality 8/10:
    Comments:
    Yasu has ALWAYS been one of the MOST colorful models in the competition...and it SHOWS! LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt-type colorful style!
    GREAT JOB!!

Total Score: 125/150

@Spookshow Aspen Grey

Black-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments:
    Great accent color use!! The bag was a lovely touch. But I feel you could have utilized the accent color a little more... overall AWESOME job!

White-Out:
    Creativity & Accent Color: 10/10
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments:
    Aspen has been a powerhouse ALL season and her White Out look show it! Love the bold red 50s look!ASTOUNDING job on this look!

All-Out:
    Color & Creativity: 7/10
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments:
    Aspen was certainly colorful but she seemed not colorful enough... maybe a dynamic difference in colors would have make a bolder statement... LOVE the dress pattern!!! Overall excellent job!

Total score: 134/150

JUDGE 3

@Esharpmajor with Rose Burnette

Black-Out:
    Quality: 8/10
    Comments: I loved the outfit but it needed more of the accent color. Like the nails could have been an easy chance to use the accent color, or even the bracelets and necklaces. Also, the earrings felt a bit out of place, but I do like them, just wish there was another flower accessory somewhere on her to go with the earrings. Her cutout was also very rough, with white lines and rough edges around her, plus a faint blur in some areas. Otherwise I love the setup you have going on, and I like her hair style.

White-Out:
    Comments: I love the chosen color for this outfit because it’s so unusual. Not many people choose yellow as an accent or even base color, and I think you pulled it off nicely. It’s a very classy outfit and goes together nicely. I do think the bracelet could have been yellow as well to go better with the look, but otherwise it’s fine. Her cut was rough as well, so make sure to watch the edges.

All-Out:
    Comments: This is exactly what an all colorful outfit should look like! I do wish the patterns matched more, but they’re fine the way they are and certainly make her pop. There are some rough edges and the skirt is blurred at the bottom as well, but otherwise great job!
    Total Score: 131/150

@Alexis3142 with Yasu Tanaka

Black-Out:
    Quality 9/10
    Total Score: 39/50
    Comments: I like the accent color and the setup is a little nice, but at the same time the outfit doesn’t feel runway worthy. It’s fine overall though, but could also use more of the accent color at the bottom as it feels bare there. The quality is great at the top but a little iffy at the bottom due to the drawing, but everything else is fine. It’s a nice outfit though, so good job.

White-Out:
    Quality 10/10
    Comments: The shoes were a bad choice, but I like the rest of the outfit. The accent color was also an interesting choice (not really her color though), the quality is great, and the pearls were a nice touch. Pretty good overall!

All-Out:
    Color & Creativity: 9/10
    Quality 9/10
    Comments: The outfit feels random, but it is good to be random when dealing with a color challenge. The overall outfit feels retro, which I think is a nice touch, but the shoes look really weird, like they’ve been turned into a cartoon. I like everything else though and think you did a great job.

Total Score: 124/150

Black-Out:
    Quality 7/10
    Comments: Besides the quality being really low in some areas (and a rough cut), the outfit is quite nice. I do think the accent color was needed somewhere at the bottom but otherwise the current placements are fine and I like the chosen color. Great job!

White-Out:
    Quality 7/10
    Comments: You were supposed to have the headshot on a black background so I had to dock points for that, sorry. This is a very retro look and I love how well put together it is, but I just wish the necklace and headband matched the accent color. Besides that, there are quality issues from the cutout and game. I really love this outfit though and think you did a nice job.

All-Out:
    Color & Creativity: 8/10
    Quality 7/10
    Comments: This is a really cute outfit and works well with the challenge, definitely says that she’s out for a night of fun. There is a lot of graininess and smudging on the model though, so make sure to set settings high in game and avoid JPG. Besides that, I do wish there was more color on her, as this outfit focused primarily on purples, turquoise, and blue, with only a hint of other colors at the top of the dress. Great job though!

Total Score: 123/150

JUDGE 4

Just quick word to the top 3:

I got 2 know and befriend you guys here on the thread and appreciate and respect you guys dearly. My scores are no reflection on you as a personal individual and purely on the product showcased to me You all did extremely well and I was in a very jovial mood when judging which will reflect on the scores. I did however focus more at proportion from model to background and make-up Good Luck any 3 of you deserve the title ! **wipes face off and sighs that this is overs **

Black-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments: The proportion of the model with the decor in the back was a bit out. Model a tad to big

White-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments: The proportion of the model with the decor in the back was a bit out. Model a tad to big

All-Out:
    Quality 10/10:
    Comments: The proportion of the model with the decor in the back was a bit out. Model a tad to big COLOR GALORE Gorgeous, reminds of the 60's

Total Score: 137/150

Black-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments: The proportion was spot on - the makeup took some attention away from her pretty face. A tad 2 dark

White-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments: The proportion is spot on. Loved the 80's flair coming through here

All-Out:
    Quality 10/10:
    Requirements: 10/5
    Total Score: 49/50
    Comments: How could I fault this Love it and the pose is amazing.

Total Score: 135/150

Black-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments: The proportion with the background is out. Gorgeous model

White-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments: The proportion with the background is out. Great vintage and 50's showcase

All-Out:
    Quality 9/10:
    Comments: The proportion with the background is out.Very playfull and fun

Total Score: 133/150

JUDGE 5

Black-Out:
    Creativity & Accent Color: 6/10
    Style: 4/10
    Overall Image: 10/15
    Total Score: 35/50
    Comments: Rose really wowed on the runway, her accessories really make this look classic with red accents of metallics. That pose really emphasizes the strength of the all black ensemble. Would have loved to have seen more of a contrast with the make-up.

White-Out:
    Quality 10/10:
    Overall Image: 15/15
    Comments: This looks gave me a vintage feel and I like that, definitely enjoyed the pop of sunshine that was used here with the accent pieces. The yellow really made this outfit stand out!

All-Out:
    Quality 10/10:
    Total Score: 50/50
    Comments: LOVE LOVE LOVE the burst of color this ensemble is, definitely looks like Rose is channeling her inner bohemian goddess! Coachella anyone?

Total Score: 132/150

Black-Out:
    Comments: I really love that there was a little bit of extra effort put into this presentation. All the details make up such a beautiful framework. She almost looks like a modern day belly dancer.

White-Out:
    Comments: Yaaassss! I ADORE that headshot so much, this is such a beautiful model! I would have loved to have seen more of the accent color in the accessories.

All-Out:
    Color & Creativity: 7/10
    Comments: Pow! So colorful! More color in the accessories would have really pushed this outfit even further.

Total Score: 135/150

@Spookshow with Aspen Gray

Black-Out:
    Comments: \m/ This look is so well put together, everything from the nail color to the accessories. I love how fluidly it all meshes together.

White-Out:
    Quality 10/10:
    Comments: I applaud this model for going above and beyond and pushing the envelope from outfit to outfit. This looks is another classic, the polka-dots are a nice spin on the all white look with cherry red accents on-top!

All-Out:
    Creativity & Accent Color: /10
    Quality 10/10:
    Comments: YES YES YES YES! This look is the definition of a color queen put to an image and then some! Well done, I love the use of hair color to tie this whole look together.

Total Score: 150/150 *PERFECT SCORE*
    1ph6o6.gif

edited November 2015
    TOTAL SCORES/WINNER!!

In 3rd place....
    @alexis3142 with Yasu Tanaka! with a total score of 653/750.

In 2nd place....
    @esharpmajor with Rose Burnette! with a total score of 662/750.

And of course, our first place winner is.......

@spookshow with Aspen Grey! with a total score of 671/750.
    1ph6o6.gif

• Ash89Ash89 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I would love to join :smiley:

~Ash~
    QA8gxZg.png
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Cool! Gives me a chance to also compete I will grab slot no 7 thank you :heart:
    Can I get slot 5?? :smiley:
    QA8gxZg.png
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    Cool! Gives me a chance to also compete I will grab slot no 7 thank you :heart:
    Bob89 wrote: »
    Can I get slot 5?? :smiley:

Sure thing! :)
    1ph6o6.gif

Yay! I can't wait for it to start :smile:

~Ash~
    QA8gxZg.png
    edited September 2015
    When can we post our entriess? :smiley:
    QA8gxZg.png
    Bob89 wrote: »
    When can we post our entriess? :smiley:

Anytime you'd like! :)
    1ph6o6.gif

• AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    What happened to Season 1?
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    What happened to Season 1?

S1 is temporarily on hold while we wait for @BobSkellington's computer to be fixed so he can get his entry in :)
    1ph6o6.gif

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    So tempting but so busy. ;-; How many cycles do you plan to run of this?
    And I think I remember Bob saying this Thursday it should be fixed. Let's hope it is. xD
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Love! A NEW COMPETITION!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    So tempting but so busy. ;-; How many cycles do you plan to run of this?
    And I think I remember Bob saying this Thursday it should be fixed. Let's hope it is. xD

I'm not sure. As many as I can until I get tired of the theme, I suppose! XD
    1ph6o6.gif

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Can I please Reserve Slot 4? :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Can I please Reserve Slot 4? :)

Absolutely! :)
    1ph6o6.gif

Oh, I just saw that you are searching for another judge, I'm puzzled now what I should choose?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Oh, I just saw that you are searching for another judge, I'm puzzled now what I should choose?

I'd love to see you compete but it would also be awesome to have you judge! XD
    1ph6o6.gif

I guess I want to take my reserve back and take the place as the judge, I always wanted to be one :mrgreen:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I guess I want to take my reserve back and take the place as the judge, I always wanted to be one :mrgreen:

Okay! :D
    1ph6o6.gif

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Ok, I said a while I go I would do this season 2 I just hope I can fit it in haha (zita works me hard lolz) reserve me lucky number 1
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    Ok, I said a while I go I would do this season 2 I just hope I can fit it in haha (zita works me hard lolz) reserve me lucky number 1

Awesome! :)
    1ph6o6.gif

Cbear13 wrote: »

Woot Woot, now its job switching here, instead of @Zita1966z and @Cbear13 are judging us, we are judging them >:)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png