Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Total Sims noob

cbroogiecbroogie Posts: 1 New Member
created a family of one person..and now im alone in this town.. so hard to make any friends or such, any idea how to move my family into a town where i can walk down the street and see ppl because so far its only me and im lost lol TIA

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Make more and more sims. There's Welcome Wagon in game, after sims have moved in.
    TIP. NEVER EVER delete sims or tombstones.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2015
    Visit a Community lot. There are lots of Sims. (if you're playing in a premade neighborhood) if not add some- modthesims or from the neighborhood lot bin.

Add a Downtown Area- top left- and they can visit there.

Add the Vacation areas- Top left- and they can go on vacation.

Add a Business district- Top left- and they can go there. (premades already full of Sims.

There are lots of Sims- there will be walkbys every couple of hours on your home lot. :mrgreen:
  • sims2beetchsims2beetch Posts: 53 Member
    Either make the sims yourself and put them in houses you aren't currently playing (don't worry, there is no story progression in TS2) and you can go visit community lots.
    B)
  • MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    Welcome wagon should come bringing a couple of neighbours.
    Make sure you've set your view in the options menu so you can see other houses, then it won't seem so deserted
    Use the phone to call a taxi to take you to community lots
    Make sure you put a phone in your house so sims can call you and invite you out
    Make sure you've enable the other sub-neighbourhoods by clicking the options at the top.

Sims 2 has a help menu, you can always check in there if you get lost
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    Did you put out your welcome mat? Are we there yet mom? Do I have enough posts?
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    swillfly wrote: »
    Did you put out your welcome mat? Are we there yet mom? Do I have enough posts?

I don't understand what you meant there...
    Sorry, I didn't get the joke. :s
  • swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    There's no welcome mat that causes sims to visit (at least I've never seen a custom hacked welcome mat.) The game automatically assigns a group of townies to come visit any new sim household unless you're using hacks and empty hood templates.
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Have found that in already populated neighborhoods the welcome wagon usually sends at least 2 neighbors, with the third being either another neighbor or Bluewater resident (if you have that attached). The only time I've seen townies come is as walk-bys or garden club. If you're playing a guy sim, the townie you want to meet and get chummy with is Allyn Thomason, a real 'bring home to Ma' kid of girl.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Note that even with custom empty neighborhoods, you will still get the welcome wagon. I’ve seen folks who I have created and moved into houses but not played yet as well as townies. That latter surprised me since it’s a town of my own creation.