Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• flowerofavalon87flowerofavalon87 Posts: 105 Member
    Ah that would be why I don't have it... thought I didn't need the Spooky pack as those type of things don't interest me, but then they sneak some good stuff for building in there... Hmm, to wait for a sale or not to wait, that is the question... Thanks for answering that for me @chips46 :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Do the have City Living pack @flowerofavalon87 there's some really good wall covering in there as well and the extra packs are good to have it give you more things to decorate and to go with different themes as well for building.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I've played all the versions of the sims even the online one (which is where I met my hubby <3 ) and the only pack I never bought was the Katy Perry one. I need everything and anything I can get for building and decorating lol plus now I need all the packs to judge the comps but let's be honest I'd buy them anyways lol :D
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

@chips46 Yeah I have all the packs except for Spooky, Vampires, Vintage Glam and now Bowling, but Vintage was the next one I really wanted to buy because I just love vintage anyway <3 And yes, City Living is one of my favourite packs because of all the cool, eclectic stuff it has, it made it so much easier to get that boho/vintage look in decorating.
    Was that the facebook game @lisa17ann? I vaguely remember that online game, but it's very hazy. That's awesome you met your hubby there :blush: So what would you say is good about the new Bowling pack? Because I really wasn't that excited about that one for some reason...
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @lisa17ann and @flowerofavalon87 The Katy Perry and the Movie stuff pack in Sims 3 are the only ones I don't have :) I'm not into the Bowling gameplay but some of the build/buy objects there are really nice and I can see myself using them a lot for decorating. I also like two of the women tops and one of the hairstyle.

My favourite expansion pack is probably city living because I love playing with apartments and those crazy festivals. It's just very different and interesting. But I also love Windenburg and I use plenty of the 'get together' items for decorating.
    I think I've got most of the Sims 2 packs, but there was a few I didn't have, I was so bummed when I found out they were giving away the Ultimate edition (or whatever it was called) awhile ago and I somehow completely missed it! :( Must have been on a Sims break at the time haha. Never played Sims 3, and I only ever had the base game for Sims 1.
    That's good to know @popettypop2012, I might check out the stuff in the Bowling pack then. Yep, gotta love those festivals! It's such a fun expansion :smiley:
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @chips46 @flowerofavalon87 That was the cool thing about Spooky Stuff was the worn looking floor and walls and curtains- ect. Especially at the time when nothing like that was really in the Sims 4. That's why I loved it them- I also really like the worn out stuff and cobwebs from CL and V. If we ever get a real broken style door and windows I'd love to do a large run down house.
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no: 55
    Origin ID: @Don_Oello
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave
    Gallery Link: Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave
    Images (2 - 5 images):
    At least 1 showing as much of a room as possible.
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/JopCF

Grandpa Joe really loves fishing. So much he tells his grandkids stories about all the fish he caught in front of the fireplace with his biggest catches mounted on the wall. He even writes fishing guides on his old computer. Since grandpa Joe spends most of his time here, his wife grandma Erin placed a spare coffee machine at his storage nook.

zLxgdss.png
    kdyWMZq.png
    JBuxAGV.png
    VafThTp.png
    DewOKgZ.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    @JasonAnthonySterling Yeah the worn out style was exactly what I was looking for the other (Burger Joint - oh no! I'm crossing topics :# ) QC challenge ;) But I really want to wait until it's on sale, so I'll just have to use what I have.
    That run down house would be awesome, going by your other builds! Lets hope they bring out some more rustic/distressed stuff!
    edited April 2017
    @lisa17ann I bought Katy Perry! LOL- mostly for the stuff I could use for kids- the glass tree and the awesome dress with the cupcakes! I did get it on sale though.

@flowerofavalon87 Sometimes- if you are really, REALLY nice and you contact EA's customer service with a code from any of the Sims 2 packs you own and ask for the Ultimate Collection you'll receive it BUT you do need a code Hint: you can still buy the games out there on Ebay and Amazon if you don't have any codes lying around and use the codes from them if they have not been redeemed which most haven't given registering your games was not as common place last decade. AND you do need to be nice- NOT DEMANDNG- lol. Plus patient. Sometimes the first through tenth tries the answer is Sorry, no but I've not yet heard of a situation where persistence didn't pay off. It did in my case. I missed the download too- somehow. I didn't have 2 registered I know that and when they free for asking period was going on I guess I was in Siberia or North Korea or someplace else without the internet because I missed that too. I had though, still, nearly every pack from 2 so I got my base game code (and several others just in case) then contacted EA. The first two times was a no- sorry- it was over but the third time I started my asking by including my code and how thankful I was for EA doing this and how helpful their CS is and that's why I was contacting them (okay, I know but it was the WHOLE Sims 2- LOL) Also I included how I really wanted to have my Sims 2 collection on Origin so that I wouldn't have to worry about losing codes in the future and scratched discs (Which is entirely true and that is why I like the UC). I sent it all at once and this time the guy said okay, he'd check and he came back and I got it. They got a little info like my email and origin acct stuff I think, can't really remember what exactly and he said it would be in my download cue on Origin and it was. And still I'm seeing people get it on FB and stuff so it's worth a try if you really REALLY want it. Just remember to be nice- these guys work in EA Customer Service and I don't think they get a lot of that from the public, so some of them really appreciate it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited April 2017
    Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave looks great! @Don_Oello :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The fireplace area looks very nice! The mounted fish look great on the fireplace wall! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs or stools in front of the fire reading a book or listening to stories. The fish tanks are nice touches on the fireplace ledge.
    Very nice study desk nook corner! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. The fish themed board and banners are great touches on the walls!
    Nice chess table area for Sims to,have fun playing chess. The wall paneling in the room gives a nice feel and look to the room.
    It is a very nice fish themed study room! ;)
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Sorry @flowerofavalon87 - yup - the Spooky stuff pack. I was kind of disappointed with it as it's really kitchy, until I found those floor and wall patterns. Then I was over the moon. Used the same one in blue for my burger restaurant...yes crossing topics here.

@Don_Oello, Nice fish-cave!! I like that you have toys for his grandkids and the coffee nook is a great idea.
    Wow @JasonAnthonySterling that's really helpful! Thank you for that detailed advice :) I have tried to contact EA through the Contact Us section, and then you get a 'Case', but I've never got a response, let alone a no. The case just seems to close... But maybe I need to try saying what you suggested, I've never been unthankful or demanding with them, but maybe I could lay on a few more compliments haha. I shall try again!
    @flowerofavalon87 Have you done the "live chat" option? Do that. I've done the whole getting a case thing before to and that just leads to nowhere- less than nowhere, lol. When you open a case and go through the selections- you'll come to an option for contacting them- select "chat". Then you can state your case in a field and add a file if you needed to (You might include a picture of the game code on the back of the box for instance) and then the option to choose live chat will appear with how long it will be- it's usually fairly quick I'd say unless some game has just launched and melted down into chaos and in that case do it another day-LOL! Then you'll be speaking with an actual representative and that's how you get it. I think they only have so many codes a day to give out which may be why sometimes it works and sometimes not.
    No it wasn't on Facebook it was a multiplayer online game called "the sims online" I am such a nerd I bought the special addition pack where I I got a key chain poster a music cd with sims songs lol not sure where any of it is now that was a looooong time ago! I met my hubby and it was right before they closed it down. We have the same birthday and I was "skilling" at a skills house and he was their well his sim was lol and I was reading everyone's profiled and his said from Liverpool England my birthday is feb18 1977 if anyone wants to give me gifts and it was the 16th of Feb and so I messaged him and asked if that was really his birthday he said yes. I said that's mine too! I said are you really from England? He said yes. I said I don't believe you voice chat with me. So he did and I instantly feel in love with him. 10 years later and we both just turned 40 and I am still totally addicted to the sims and crazy in love with him! :)

I love the bowling pack because the few bits of furniture we get is very retro vintage. I'm working on a funky kind of 70's house using almost everything from the bowling pack but the bowling alley's and signage lol there's a new rug with about a dozen different patterns on it a few are bowling related but the rest are just funky patterns. There's like a triangular side table a lamp where you can change the pattern of the shade, a low sofa, coffee table, a longer like console table, pendant lighting you can change the colour of, a atomic wall clock, etc etc lol

@lisa17ann I had the Sims Online special addition too! LOL! It was a LONG time ago. I hated that game! I like the CD more than the game. I can just remember like grinding away at making pizza and trying to get my house built- I did have a cute dog though! An Australian Sheppard but I can also remember new people to the game getting scammed out of their money and being upset and their never being anyone online to help you make pizzas and on and on. I didn't last a year- ha! I just quit and went back to MY world on the Sims 1.
    Your 70's house WIP sounds great! @lisa17ann :) I will look forward to seeing it! The retro vintage items that came with bowling pack are great!
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    Oh boy , haven't entered a contest in what feels like a while...but in reality, maybe less than a month ! lol.
    Being away from Sims feels like forever sometimes.

Entry Form
    Origin ID: undressyourbones
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Grandpa Joe's Room
    Gallery Link: Grandpa Joe's Room
    Images (2 - 5 images):
    kR5nQ5D.png
    UejaVRI.png
    w2vnsOm.png
    VTn3aUG.png
    dSESC2j.png
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    edited April 2017
    The furnishing of Grandpa Joe's room looks very nice! @undressyourbones :) The double sided bookcases feature and books on top of them looks very creatively nice! The woodwork item looks great beside it.Very nice fireplace sitting nook! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing in the armchair there in front of the fire, reading a book. The mounted fish look great placed on the fireplace wall! The camera, ship and bottles are nice touches on the fireplace ledge. The globe looks great there beside the fire, and the books are a nice touch on the table beside the armchair, which the sim has just been reading. The patterned floor rug adds a nice touch to the room. The grandfather clock looks homely in the room. The study desk corner nook looks very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer, and proudly looking at the mounted fish that he has caught and is on the wall there! The postcard board is a nice place to keep card messages from friends to look at.
    It is a very nice study room! :)
    edited April 2017
    Hahaha @JasonAnthonySterling pizza making I remember fighting with my friends on the game and getting so mad when they would burn a pizza :D I just died remembering that lol i had a little dog to but it was a Afghan hound (I think that's what it was called) I prolly had a lot of dogs on TSO. I played both online and off line at the time and then second life for a while but some strange stuff went on in that game haha so we called it quits. I'm weird enough without others influence! ;)

Thank you @rosemow I'm having a lot of fun and it isn't a cottage! Lol :o

Great Study's @Don_Oello and @undressyourbones I can't wait to see them all in game :)
    Post edited by lisa17ann on

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @undressyourbones, very cool! Almost wizardy!
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @rosemow thank you for your comments! (: thanks for commenting on my build!
    @lisa17ann >u< hope you enjoy it!
    @Ainsleyf thank you! you know, you're right! lol it does give a slightly wizardy vibe.
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Origin ID: cbear1313
    Level: Unofficial
    Gallery Name: Grandpa's Study
    Gallery Link: Click here

This was interesting Im not very good at styles other than modern haha, definitely not my best Im still quite sick with a horrible cough and flu filled head makes it tough to concentrate.

Grandpas%20Study%201.jpg

Grandpas%20Study%202.jpg
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Also congratulations to everyone who received Maxis fav's its getting hard to keep up with them all, but I would like to say I think you all deserve them. For anyone who may not be getting them or getting many I wouldn't worry to much about it as it really seems to just be luck of the draw and completely random who they choose it's true that I have even looked at some and wondered why it got one but I am glad that they do cater to everyone in them makes it a bit more fair.

In saying that not getting fav's does not mean your creations aren't any good, everyone does such an amazing job and with the thousands of creations going up on the gallery so many would be missed by the powers that be that do the Maxis fav's.
    Keep up the amazing creativity and efforts you all put in and I mean every single person that enters, please know that we all appreciate your work and efforts :)

Going off to take some more cold and flu tablets and die quietly in bed for a while haha
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    edited April 2017
    I am sorry that you are continuing to endure through having the flu and coughing @Cbear13 :( It would be very tiring for your mind and body. I hope that you feel a little bit bettter very soon.
    Grandpa 's Stidy looks great! :)'Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! It looks great the way the half wall has been placed in the middle of the room and the sofas placed on each side of it. The fireplace nook looks very nice! The mounted fish looks great on the fireplace nook walls ! The different sizes of the mounted fish and the two wall textures used in that area of the room looks great! The ship is a nice touch on the table. The fishing collection plaque is proudly placed on the wall for Joe to enjoy looking at! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchairs there, chatting in front of the fire and having a cup of coffee from the nearby coffee machine. The coffee nook is great! Nice chess table area make sims to have fun playing chess. The aquarium is restful for sims to look at the fish. Very nice study desk area ! The books and lamps are nice home touches on the desk top. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table or relaxing on the sofa seat reading a book from the bokcases. The bookcases look very nice placed either sides of the desk table. The smaller mounted fish look nice placed either sides of the larger mounted fish, on the study desk wall . Sims will have fun playing darts in the room! The patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the room areas. The red and the wooden flooring look very nice, in the room sections. The photos on the wall and the coat stand are homely touches.
    It is a very nice study! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top