Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

if we don't get toddlers would you accept

if we don't get toddlers would you accept being able to move around and do more stuff with the baby. also off they included a lot more baby items, including clothing, clutter and such

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    if we don't get toddlers would you accept being able to move around and do more stuff with the baby. also off they included a lot more baby items, including clothing, clutter and such

No.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    No, I don't think I would. Tbh the babies stuck to their cribs doesn't really bother me. Babies are kind of a bore for me. I would rather have a toddler to do stuff with, like putting them in a walker and taking them to the park. A baby can't do anything except sit there.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member

No.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I could accept but I would be very dissapointed!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    A guy I knew bought TS4 (he never buys EPs). He stopped playing it shortly after. Two weeks ago, he downloaded TS2 UC and is playing that now. If TS4 sales dwindle and they say that it's due to players not wanting to play offline games, I'm calling bogus. Even the casual fans of TS4 who are more open to the game changes are rejecting TS4.

If we don't get toddlers, then it won't matter to me because I don't play this game anymore. I don't think this will be the case though. You guys all saw the last survey. EA wouldn't throw that out there if they didn't have any intentions of making them. That survey was to give players hope and excitement after the pathetic Gamescon introduction of Get Together.

I anticipate a "Get Settled" generations EP in 2016.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    a method for them would be waiting for the last moment to release a generation pack, so that simmers could have their hopes up till the end and keep spending their money on a game that already knows they will not release toddlers.
    If they would release an generation EP now without toddlers, everyone would know toddlers arent coming and stop spending their money or boycot the game. Thats how sneaky its possible to be for companies like that.
    (Its just an example, cause i do believe they will come. It has to be if EA doesnt want their building to get bombed).
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    A guy I knew bought TS4 (he never buys EPs). He stopped playing it shortly after. Two weeks ago, he downloaded TS2 UC and is playing that now. If TS4 sales dwindle and they say that it's due to players not wanting to play offline games, I'm calling bogus. Even the casual fans of TS4 who are more open to the game changes are rejecting TS4.

If we don't get toddlers, then it won't matter to me because I don't play this game anymore. I don't think this will be the case though. You guys all saw the last survey. EA wouldn't throw that out there if they didn't have any intentions of making them. That survey was to give players hope and excitement after the pathetic Gamescon introduction of Get Together.

I anticipate a "Get Settled" generations EP in 2016.

I see it differently. They had to ask after two years of unhappy players denouncing the TS4 so they can cover their rears and not create toddlers and point to the survey (a select group received btw), that they developed what was most requested on that survey. Which was already in plans, anyhow, not deterring from their vision. But making it look like they would at least 'ask' if more were interested and since not one family player has taken that survey here...what do you think was voted on? Probably not toddlers and preteens.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2015
    I look at it this way. EA closed the part of Maxis that developed SimCity 2013. My guess is they really thought due to it's underwhelming performance that there was no more market for city simulators and that it was sound business to just end it. But then a tiny company got a really good, probably not-too-expensive to produce city simluator out which sold a half a million units within a couple of days and hit a million sales after about a month. There is no reason why Maxis couldn't have regrouped and made a different type of city simulator, one that people were asking for, but they saw their data and completely misread them. Turns out, there's a very large market interested in city simulators, and both the company (under 20 people) and publisher and working are thriving because of it.

I am afraid that will happen to the Sims as well. They think the direction they are going in is the way to go and if they see sales dropping off, will think it's because the market is dwindling. I'm hoping they learned something from SimCity, though. EA has the resources to make amazing games, far more resources than a small company like Colossal Order.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member

If they improved the babies and also gave us toddlers, that just might be a start on making up for letting the game go this long without toddlers. If they also added pre-teens and updated teens to be something other than a copy/paste of young adult that goes to school, then I'd be willing to say they are well on their way to me accepting TS4.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I don't think EA will ever detach the "Crib Critter" babies from objects and if "Crib Critters" don't interest me, then neither will chained "Tub Tykes" or "Play-Pen Progeny."

So, yeah, just give us real toddlers.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    I'm not sure that producing toddlers will be enough to turn Sims 4 into a sustainable and enjoyable game for me. I found the base game so disappointing that I haven't purchased anything more for Sims 4.

However, because I am a fan of sims 1, 2 and 3 I'll continue to check in to see if there is hope for Sims 4 generational play.
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    I've started playing S3 again, even though there is the lag issue. S4 is a one-way street, and now with the upcoming SOCIAL expansion pack that we needed like a hole in our heads, I'm even more inclined to play S3. Seriously EA, we already know you did a great job with socializing but do you have to keep proving that to us by releasing content based on that alone? Is that all S4 is about is socializing and partying? I'm beginning to feel that way. The only different release has been Get to Work, but even that tells you how to play if you want a promotion.

And no, I wouldn't settle for the better babies. EA needs to get it right with the toddlers.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    giallorossigiallorossi Posts: 167 Member
    All I'm saying is, whatever we say, how many signatures we collect, they'll bring them back when /if they want to bring them back. This goes for cars, CAW. People are threatening to quit buying the games, but they don't, most don't, and won't. I won't abandon a game I love just because some features are missing. I'm dying to have more careers and traits, some rain and snow - i hate that the game comes as summer / spring by deafult, I want cars, I hate the loading screens. I want to be able to create my own cities, but regardless to all that, aren't we having fun with what we have so far? I assume the answer is yes, cause the game is selling, and more sims are being made, lots of new custom content comes everyday. You've played it without toddlers for a year, you surely can wait a little more that is if they will ever be added back to the game. I'm sure they will though, remember TS2 University? That's when we received the Young Adults in that series. They're probably waiting for the right EP / GP or maybe update to give the toddlers back. One thing is for sure though, TS4 babies so useless, they're almost like just some deco item. At least toddlers are cute.