Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I'm Mr. Mustache (US spelling--you guys and your MOUSEstache...hahahaaaa!)

(But I won't mind a little Mr. Goatee on the side. :love: )

@pammiechick As for spelling, Moustache is a french word derived from Italian (Tony :bawling: ) and another lanuage. I google searched it.

Yes, but in the US, we spell it mustache. We would laugh if anyone spelled it as Europeans do. ;)

@pammiechick Well, i'm on the Mousestache side purely as i'm European. Now, Do you think Terry should shave the mousestache or keep it?

LOL! His moustache should go...although I'd have to say this will make him looks SOOOO young! And different. I have a feeling I won't like it at first.

Nooooooo! The mustache is part of the equation that makes up his gorgeousness.

Lol! It is iconic. If it does somehow vanish, I'm sure he could always grow it back (at Kellie's request.)

And as far as age goes, Ms. Author, how old is Terry and Kellie atm so we can wrap our heads around it? I'm thinking Terry is 45 and Kellie is 25?im going with the fact that he was a genius detective, heading out of the police academy right into detective ranks at 18.

Come on, this is sims we are talking about. Everything happens faster there. :D He's ten years older than her, not twenty.

LOL! Oh that's right...I like it that you're following sims time then. Wish I could do that in my story (but then everyone would die so early!) :lol: Oh, but wait! I can put it on a time dilation method. Hmm...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

@pammiechick As for spelling, Moustache is a french word derived from Italian (Tony :bawling: ) and another lanuage. I google searched it.

Yes, but in the US, we spell it mustache. We would laugh if anyone spelled it as Europeans do. ;)

@pammiechick Well, i'm on the Mousestache side purely as i'm European. Now, Do you think Terry should shave the mousestache or keep it?

LOL! His moustache should go...although I'd have to say this will make him looks SOOOO young! And different. I have a feeling I won't like it at first.

Lol! It is iconic. If it does somehow vanish, I'm sure he could always grow it back (at Kellie's request.)

And as far as age goes, Ms. Author, how old is Terry and Kellie atm so we can wrap our heads around it? I'm thinking Terry is 45 and Kellie is 25?im going with the fact that he was a genius detective, heading out of the police academy right into detective ranks at 18.

Come on, this is sims we are talking about. Everything happens faster there. :D He's ten years older than her, not twenty.

LOL! Oh that's right...I like it that you're following sims time then. Wish I could do that in my story (but then everyone would die so early!) :lol: Oh, but wait! I can put it on a time dilation method. Hmm...

I'm trying, but only because I fear that someone will ask. :D I don't like doing the math in sims. It's confusing with those short toddler to young adult time periods. I forbid everyone to ask details about Celeste's age and do the math in relation to her siblings.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

I'm trying, but only because I fear that someone will ask. :D I don't like doing the math in sims. It's confusing with those short toddler to young adult time periods. I forbid everyone to ask details about Celeste's age and do the math in relation to her siblings.

I just did the math, not saying anything. Denial all round.

Hey, we'll just go with it. That's what I did with my Amazons. It's easier. Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

Hey, we'll just go with it. That's what I did with my Amazons. It's easier. Ha!

Oh gosh, this could save SO much agony on my end with my legacy. 10 kids, pre-toddlers and all instantly aged up.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @pammiechick @Bugsie2016 @Maladi777 Mwahaha, that's what I love MCCC for among other things. I've set the different age levels to nearly realistic lengths with a sim day equalling a year and during shoots or if I feel like prolonging this or that, I just turn off aging. B)

2ik72au.jpg
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @pammiechick @Bugsie2016 @Maladi777 Mwahaha, that's what I love MCCC for among other things. I've set the different age levels to nearly realistic lengths with a sim day equalling a year and during shoots or if I feel like prolonging this or that, I just turn off aging. B)

2ik72au.jpg

I just keep aging off entirely (So yes if my characters die it's entirely my doing >:) ) and sound. Love the raccoon. :)

Any predictions on how this dinner is going to go?

2ik72au.jpg

I just keep aging off entirely (So yes if my characters die it's entirely my doing >:) ) and sound. Love the raccoon. :)

Any predictions on how this dinner is going to go?

I have aging turned off too. If I didn't all characters would be long dead.

Dinner? You mean the Sunday lunch? It was hinted in one of my previous comments indirectly how it will go. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @Maladi777 I have you confused, I see. Oops, sorry :# . We call lunch, dinner here. (Although in my story, to avoid confusion, I write lunch :D but that's more for my reader's benefit than mine.)
    @Maladi777 I have you confused, I see. Oops, sorry :# . We call lunch, dinner here. (Although in my story, to avoid confusion, I write lunch :D but that's more for my reader's benefit than mine.)

Really? You call it dinner even if it is at noon? :o Consider me enlightened.
    heffners_orig.jpg

@Maladi777 Yep although we also call it lunch (rarely but it happens). Tea (not the drink :D ) is what I refer to as my evening meal. If I say dinner to any member of my close family they will most likely assume i'm talking about the noon meal. Glad to enlighten you on that cool detail. :)
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

Oddly enough, on Sundays it's called dinner even when it's at lunch hour lol. "Sunday dinner" usually isn't at night. I don't know why. It probably has to do with where I live. The south is called "the Bible belt," and a large population of people attend church on Sundays, and after church you have the big meal that's usually reserved for dinner time.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    Some time ago I was working on a side birthday project in which Tony played the role of dangerous seducer. The project resulted in some nice new pictures I'd like to share with those of you who don't follow me on Tumblr.
    Enjoy!

tumblr_oxtcsjG7FB1v6rdbso1_r3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy8b04qa8O1v6rdbso2_1280.jpg

tony03.jpg

tumblr_oy8b04qa8O1v6rdbso1_r1_1280.jpg

image.jpg

tumblr_oy8jocUbuk1v6rdbso3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy8tk60Lu51v6rdbso3_1280.jpg

tony04.jpg

tony01.jpg

tumblr_oytjj9KLGm1v6rdbso5_1280.jpg

tumblr_oysrfrN9yY1v6rdbso1_1280.png

tumblr_oysrfrN9yY1v6rdbso2_1280.png

tumblr_oysrfrN9yY1v6rdbso3_1280.png

BONUS picture inspired by my recent trip to Italy and by @MrsRacooney's idea. ;)

gladiator3.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Swooning over all the hotness in these pictures. <3<3 I would love to read that book or better yet be Lady Daria! :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Is this Beryl's last novel? :p (I saw pics of your trip on Twitter and I'm only a little jealous)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited November 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Is this Beryl's last novel? :p (I saw pics of your trip on Twitter and I'm only a little jealous)

Hehe, no, it's my novel. :p
    The trip was wonderful. And of course my observations proved that Italian men are as... interesting as I had thought. They're sure are not being shy and appreciate women all around them. No surprise there. :)
    We spent 5 days there and saw only a fraction of what Rome has to offer. I certainly plan to visit the place again if I get the chance.

EDIT: In case you wanted to see more pictures from my trip, you can check these: 1, 2, 3, 4
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Oh wait I wasn't prepared for that yet. Too much for only 9am! :s
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Wow! Very creative, artistic and hot <3;)
    OMG!!!!! Gladiator Tony! I think I just fainted!!!! (*SWOON*)

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    OMG!!!!! Gladiator Tony! I think I just fainted!!!! (*SWOON*)

"I think I just fainted!!!!" :D
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    I feel like it's been a while since we had a Heffner discussion and i'm in need of one.
    So, How do you think Lunch with Terry and Kellie will go?

(Nope this is not me asking for another chapter, I'm just curious what others think.)
    I feel like it's been a while since we had a Heffner discussion and i'm in need of one.

(Nope this is not me asking for another chapter, I'm just curious what others think.)

If it's not a prompt for me to give you another chapter, then it's a shameless teasing on your part. I can see who is in your new banner!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited November 2017

If it's not a prompt for me to give you another chapter, then it's a shameless teasing on your part. I can see who is in your new banner!

Nope that was unintentional. Purely for the purpose of asking the quesion (BTW he was in the old one too somewhere and I have to use those Corleonesi kids somehow!).

Off topic slightly:
    BTW you're probably the only person other than me who knows the big secret i'm keeping from my readers.

When you want to think about the question before answering but forget to answer after thinking :D

So far, two ways are highly possible in my opinion. In the meantime, Kellie is determined to rescue Tony (at least her talk with Grayson indicated that?). But Terry is a policeman. Getting closer to him would make her plan easier on the one hand but endanger it on the other. Terry could become suspicious.
    1) Kellie takes the risk and tries to talk Terry into helping her without letting him in on her intentions, of course. He'd have to do it unconsciously and as soon as she realizes that he has a flaw for her, she could use that to convince him - but then again, I doubt Kellie would use anyone like that. She knows from Chris what it's like to be reduced to a means to carry out your own plans.
    2) She blocks against Terry because she wants to protect her plan from being discovered. She would response to him only as much as absolutely necessary which would potentially make the dinner very awkward, unsuccessful and Chris probably angry because Kellie treats his partner "with so few respect". Of course Kellie can't explain her behavior to him without busting herself, so everything will end in a desaster.

Goodness, I really hope the best for Terry <3 But in the moment I can't see anything but those two possibilities :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I think I can state here that the rescue happens before the dinner. The question is where is Kellie going to be after it. Home? Jail? Somewhere else held captive by the agents of government? Hiding somewhere with Tony? Take your pick. Anything is possible.
    heffners_orig.jpg