Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Okay...wow. So sad for all.

I can see how Chris could convince himself it was the right thing to do. Problem is that he was driven by the desire to rise in the ranks of the police so he sacrificed his father, something I know he will regret later.

There's nothing to blame Kellie for...it was so strange that Thomas set up that date when he was ready to tell her to hit the road or maybe he decided that after she was cold to him? I LOVED it that he thought she knew he'd cheated on her. Too bad he didn't out himself before he caught on. Would have loved to see Kellie slap him. He deserved it. And he didn't deserve her guilty feelings over the break up. (And I was on that ship, too...sigh...)

I will NEVER tire of the Grayson/Graham confusion. Lol! :joy:

Oh...poor Celeste. We need a chapter from her. I know we'll get it soon!

And what goes from here? Cannot wait!

His affair with Alex opened his eyes (I'm itching to make a suggestive comment here), he was slowly beginning to realize the relationship with Kellie is going nowhere, but he was still willing to give it a little more time. Just in case. The argument only sped up his decision he would probably have to make later anyway.
    I didn't want Kellie to find out about the cheating. Not sure how much it would have hurt her, since she didn't love him. I didn't feel it necessary to shame Thomas in her eyes even more. It wouldn't help anything. I still like Thomas. He's been the best of the Nightshade family.

I like that she won't find out. I don't think it's necessary either.

Yeah, let the man keep his secret. I wonder how would it make him feel if he knew it wasn't his charm that brought Alex into his arms.

HA! Oh yes. He'll feel crushed and then probably through an adult sized tantrum with daddy lol. Then perhaps after he plum his wounds, maybe he'll contact Kellie and ask her to tell him show she really felt and why she never loved him?
    Oh, I wouldn't recommend Thomas going against his daddy. Bad idea.

Just a tantrum. Not denouncing lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    edited March 2017

I can see how Chris could convince himself it was the right thing to do. Problem is that he was driven by the desire to rise in the ranks of the police so he sacrificed his father, something I know he will regret later.

There's nothing to blame Kellie for...it was so strange that Thomas set up that date when he was ready to tell her to hit the road or maybe he decided that after she was cold to him? I LOVED it that he thought she knew he'd cheated on her. Too bad he didn't out himself before he caught on. Would have loved to see Kellie slap him. He deserved it. And he didn't deserve her guilty feelings over the break up. (And I was on that ship, too...sigh...)

His affair with Alex opened his eyes (I'm itching to make a suggestive comment here), he was slowly beginning to realize the relationship with Kellie is going nowhere, but he was still willing to give it a little more time. Just in case. The argument only sped up his decision he would probably have to make later anyway.
    I didn't want Kellie to find out about the cheating. Not sure how much it would have hurt her, since she didn't love him. I didn't feel it necessary to shame Thomas in her eyes even more. It wouldn't help anything. I still like Thomas. He's been the best of the Nightshade family.

Yeah, let the man keep his secret. I wonder how would it make him feel if he knew it wasn't his charm that brought Alex into his arms.

HA! Oh yes. He'll feel crushed and then probably through an adult sized tantrum with daddy lol. Then perhaps after he plum his wounds, maybe he'll contact Kellie and ask her to tell him show she really felt and why she never loved him?

In a weird way, this reminded me of another aspect of the story. Thomas's father sent Alex his way in order to help end things between him and Kellie. And it worked! I wonder what elder Mr. Nightshade has planned next for his son. I assume he's got him on the path towards a suitable spouse to produce a suitable heir.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

Chris has done enough denouncing for this whole generation. No need for more from Thomas. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi

In a weird way, this reminded me of another aspect of the story. Thomas's father sent Alex his way in order to help end things between him and Kellie. And it worked! I wonder what elder Mr. Nightshade has planned next for his son. I assume he's got him on the path towards a suitable spouse to produce a suitable heir.
    You're right, it worked and Mr. Nightshade senior hasn't even started to really focus on this problem yet. At least someone had a successful day, right? We have to look at the bright side. That would definitely be like Henry to direct Thomas toward a suitable lady, worthy of the Nightshade name.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    @Maladi777 I love your new avatar. And I LOVE every single screenshot in your latest update. I swear, you're getting better at this every time. Your screenshots are amazing.
    If, one day, you feel generous enough to share your work process, I would be very grateful.
    @Maladi777 I love your new avatar. And I LOVE every single screenshot in your latest update. I swear, you're getting better at this every time. Your screenshots are amazing.
    If, one day, you feel generous enough to share your work process, I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much for your kind words! I've been experimenting with my screenshots in photoshop since I started my legacy. What you can see in the latest chapter is a result of several photoshop actions I honestly can't take credit for. The original screenshots were too bright and happy-looking, they didn't match the mood. I used Ghost Stories PS action to correct that. Than I just played with the opacity of each layer, added little more light where I needed the eyes of the readers to focus - usually the characters' faces.
    original
    image.png

ps action applied
    image.png

I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. Feel free to PM me.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Not sure how many of you are using Facebook. Well, I do and I often see my friends posting results of these crazy quizes like What animal are you? What's going to be written on your tombstone? etc. And today I saw somebody post their results of What celebrity you look like? All I had to do was to import my photo. So I decided to make a little casting call for my characters and some of the results were really interesting, some of them were hilarious. I had to share the results with you. Thoughts? :)

casting_call.png
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    That's cool! I'm always scared of doing those quizzes because they might steal my soul. (kidding! Well, mostly. They do sometimes try to acquire other personal info that you have no idea you're giving.)

The one for Terry is the best, imho.
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    That's cool! I'm always scared of doing those quizzes because they might steal my soul. (kidding! Well, mostly. They do sometimes try to acquire other personal info that you have no idea you're giving.)

The one for Terry is the best, imho.

I like that one as well. Too bad that the actor died. :(
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Maladi777 that is so cool <3 tag me on facebook I wanna try it too ;) I think Tony suprisingly fits. I didn't thought there is someone looking a bit similar. Chris is not working. Or not for me.
  • Leeuska1Leeuska1 Posts: 59 Member

Great idea @Maladi777 Terry fits the best! And I agree with @Marialein - Chris in not working for me either. Have you any other options/suggestions for Chris?
    edited March 2017
    @Marialein @Leeuska1 I thought Justin Timberlake as Chris was hilarious. :D You can have Adam Levine of Maroon 5 as Chris, it was another alternative. Meh.

I suggest young Alain Delon as Chris. They share the same portion of mystery and feigned arrogance and both were very popular with ladies...
    Alain_Delon.jpg

Or do you prefer him as Tony? B)

image.jpg

heffners_orig.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I think Jennifer Lawrence as Kellie would be amazing, she would've to dye hair though. Red is Kellie's go-to ;)
    Never would've thought of Paul Walker for Terry, he would have fit amazingly.
    I agree on Chris not fitting, though. Wonder whom would...
    I think Ariana Grande for Celeste is too funny :lol:

Do you have a link for this thing-y, it looks like a lot of fun to do :lol:
    I think Jennifer Lawrence as Kellie would be amazing, she would've to dye hair though. Red is Kellie's go-to ;)
    Never would've thought of Paul Walker for Terry, he would have fit amazingly.
    I agree on Chris not fitting, though. Wonder whom would...
    I think Ariana Grande for Celeste is too funny :lol:

Do you have a link for this thing-y, it looks like a lot of fun to do :lol:

I would still prefer Eleanor Tomlinson for Kellie.

HERE is the thing. Have fun. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Oh wow, I can't believe Kellie is more loyal to Tony than his own son. Also, why can't Chris tell her that he regrets the whole thing? :/ They had been so close as kids and teenagers. That's too sad :(
    And I'm happy that the "relationship" with Thomas is over and especially that Kellie doesn't know (yet?) about him cheating. That would break her poor heart.
    edited March 2017
    Sonschi wrote: »
    Oh wow, I can't believe Kellie is more loyal to Tony than his own son. Also, why can't Chris tell her that he regrets the whole thing? :/ They had been so close as kids and teenagers. That's too sad :(
    And I'm happy that the "relationship" with Thomas is over and especially that Kellie doesn't know (yet?) about him cheating. That would break her poor heart.

She is not more loyal to Tony. She's loyal to the idea of their reconciliation. What Chris did is against what she believes. Why Chris didn't tell her? He's confused right now. The arrest didn't give him the satisfaction and closure he was hoping for, he's trying to convince Kellie as much as himself he just didn't screw up big time.
    They are not as close as they used to be, because they don't confide in each other anymore. Chris shut her out and he's been spending most nights out coming back when she's asleep. She has the whole household to take care of and Celeste. She's tired, something must happen to change this and bring Chris to his senses.
    Thank you for reading and leaving a comment! :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Thank you! I'll live my heart out :lol:

Eleanor Tomlinson definitely would fit the part like Cinderalla fits in her shoes!
    Hey, wait a sec... Did I miss something here? Has someone else asked? I sometimes randomly lurk here, but yeah, I might've missed someone asking this:

Is that CELESTE that Tony is kissing in your banner?!
  • RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    Hey, wait a sec... Did I miss something here? Has someone else asked? I sometimes randomly lurk here, but yeah, I might've missed someone asking this:

I hope not because that would be really creepy.
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    edited March 2017

Now that would be really wrong. Or not? Wait and see, my dear. ;) (I was considering giving your comment an insightful but that could cause even more confusion. :D )
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited March 2017
    LMBO on the "insightful" bit. It would be strange seeing as he was madly in love with her mother, but... yeah. It happens that you can fall for the daughter too. :P

@RL Maaaaayyyyybbbbeeee. It all depends on what circumstances surround it.
    LMBO on the "insightful" bit. It would be strange seeing as he was madly in love with her mother, but... yeah. It happens that you can fall for the daughter too. :P

@RL Maaaaayyyyybbbbeeee. It all depends on what circumstances surround it.
    I wonder where these thoughts are coming from, hmmm hmmm. Unusual relationships, right? ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    ppppfffffftttttt! Projecting, possibly.
    I still wanna know who she is in the pic.
    ppppfffffftttttt! Projecting, possibly.
    I still wanna know who she is in the pic.
    I know you want. And I cannot tell you. :p
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Seeing the detective turn into Paul Walker made me find him 10% less creepy than I previously had, thanks for sharing that.