March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Wooow, such a long second half of a chapter! :o It's impossible to do right to everything that happened.
    It seems someone wants to cover the tracks and/or put even more blame on Tony and Kellie, maybe even push on the search after them. Knowing how safe labs should be, this is highly unlikely to be an accident. Tony sure knows that but I don't think Kellie has understood the whole extent of that fire just yet. For now, she's only entered a phase of cruel awakening after adrenaline and a good thought-out plan led her through the events before. Some time, she will realize as well that she can impossibly return to Chris and Celeste with how things are. :/
    Loved what Tony said to the car (and couldn't wait for it to be translated in the end so I did it immediately afterward. Shame on that impatience :D ) It and "Dog" :p actually show that he not only aches for someone to trust and cherish apart from Vincent but also for his country. He has a strong connection to it, but if we're honest, what has Newcrest ever done for him? It meant a love and children but also the loss of many he loved. No wonder he now longs for his homeland, I don't think there's much that still holds him in the US. His princess, maybe :p
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Goodness! Tony doesn’t like gays, that’s for sure. Poor Grayson! Lol!

I hope Grayson got out alive! :scream:

Tony and his chivalry...at least he has a level head. I would t be opposed to this ship, but I want Terry more! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Canon Dog at last! :love:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh Kellie... It's not her fault... She was trying to save Tony...

True. She never planned on killing anyone. What will Chris think?
    Sassie wrote: »
    Whoa!
    I wonder what happened in the lab and who's responsible for it and the fire. But if it's a cover-up we might never know it.
    That's a good question. You may or may not learn what else was going on in the lab.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    ARGH!!! Why did my internet have cut out this morning? That's the only reason I'm late the party!!!

I'm glad you arrived at all. :smile:
    haswh wrote: »
    Thank goodness they got away! You had me doubting they would a couple of times. This has all been so hard on Kellie, so happy she has the very handsome and not so old Toni to help her out with that! <3 Now I am wondering how long she will stay and help him recuperate. Also how will Chris deal with being the only one to take care of Celeste? Then poor Celeste missing Kellie.

Thanks for this wonderful chapter! <3
    She may stay for a while with our not so old and ungentlemenlike Tony. I'm glad you are thinking of her siblings as well. None of them will have it easy without Kellie's help. Will they bond at last or estrange even more? We'll see. Thank you so much for reading!
    Wooow, such a long second half of a chapter! :o It's impossible to do right to everything that happened.
    It seems someone wants to cover the tracks and/or put even more blame on Tony and Kellie, maybe even push on the search after them. Knowing how safe labs should be, this is highly unlikely to be an accident. Tony sure knows that but I don't think Kellie has understood the whole extent of that fire just yet. For now, she's only entered a phase of cruel awakening after adrenaline and a good thought-out plan led her through the events before. Some time, she will realize as well that she can impossibly return to Chris and Celeste with how things are. :/
    Loved what Tony said to the car (and couldn't wait for it to be translated in the end so I did it immediately afterward. Shame on that impatience :D ) It and "Dog" :p actually show that he not only aches for someone to trust and cherish apart from Vincent but also for his country. He has a strong connection to it, but if we're honest, what has Newcrest ever done for him? It meant a love and children but also the loss of many he loved. No wonder he now longs for his homeland, I don't think there's much that still holds him in the US. His princess, maybe :p

I know. So much happened in this chapter. You are right, Kellie is slowly coming to terms with the fact that other people don't play by the rules. Her positive view of the world is slowly changing. It started with the experiments and it continues. You'll have to wait and see what kind of woman emerges at the end of this generation. She won't be the same that's for sure.
    Tony has a good reason why he doesn't want to return to his homeland. Maybe he will tell you all about it some day. ;)

heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hmmm... I think now Kellie can't go home... She will have to stay with Tony... :/ But when Chris will learn what has happened... He will not be happy :#
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh dear! I'm absolutely loving Kellie! But Tony's last line there. That made me sad. :( Maybe he'll make it work this time. :) Hmm... yeah, I wonder what Chris is going to do?
    edited March 2018
    Goodness! Tony doesn’t like gays, that’s for sure. Poor Grayson! Lol!

I hope Grayson got out alive! :scream:

Tony and his chivalry...at least he has a level head. I would t be opposed to this ship, but I want Terry more! <3
    No worries. Grayson is alive. And even though it doesn't look that way, he's probably the only person who will benefit from the situation in the lab. You'll see. ;)
    I'm glad you cheer for Terry.
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Canon Dog at last! :love:
    I couldn't decide if I should include her, but it felt right so I did. She already started photobombing my pictures. Yay, funny times ahead! :D
    Hmmm... I think now Kellie can't go home... She will have to stay with Tony... :/ But when Chris will learn what has happened... He will not be happy :#
    Can't argue with any of your statements. :)
    Oh dear! I'm absolutely loving Kellie! But Tony's last line there. That made me sad. :( Maybe he'll make it work this time. :) Hmm... yeah, I wonder what Chris is going to do?
    I think I want Kellie for a sister myself! :) Tony brings danger and death to people's lives and he's aware of that. It may not be safer for Kellie by his side. However, he's less careless than he used to be. And Chris? He will probably flip. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Whoa!
    I wonder what happened in the lab and who's responsible for it and the fire. But if it's a cover-up we might never know it.
    That's a good question. You may or may not learn what else was going on in the lab.
    Hmm, could it depend on what Grayson has seen (or done)? :smile: As far as we know(!) he's the most trustworthy worker (and therefore source of information) there. Right? :wink:

And some additional thoughts that came up during the hours since I first read the chapter:
    Hmm, I may have seen too many police or fugitive movies and series, but I see too many links to the safehouse (Vincent, the carekeeper, Graysons car, Kellies phone). But I'm sure Tony knows how to handle this and how to dissapear for a while :wink: (though he'll have 2 more mouths to feed this time).

And whatever happens with Bonny and Cly- errr Tony and Kellie, back home it means that Chris and Celeste will be on their own for a while now (too risky for Kellie to get home now, even contacting may be dangerous). Wonder if Chris doesn't blame himself for the situation (I can imagine him doing that). Funny to see that Chris is now somewhat in Kellies shoes, considering what happened in the past. We'll have to see if he can wait empty-handed or if he buries himself in the case (or in another distraction).
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I want to ship Kellie and Tony but that’s just weird. So I totally want her with Terry....such an awesome chapter and I don’t care if it was long because Tony was HOT through all of it. I love how he wants to protect Kellie. <3 I am so ready for this story to keep,going. It’s so good! <3 Also glad to know Grayson made it out okay.
    edited March 2018
    Whoa!
    Hmm, could it depend on what Grayson has seen (or done)? :smile: As far as we know(!) he's the most trustworthy worker (and therefore source of information) there. Right? :wink:

And some additional thoughts that came up during the hours since I first read the chapter:
    Hmm, I may have seen too many police or fugitive movies and series, but I see too many links to the safehouse (Vincent, the carekeeper, Graysons car, Kellies phone). But I'm sure Tony knows how to handle this and how to dissapear for a while :wink: (though he'll have 2 more mouths to feed this time).

And whatever happens with Bonny and Cly- errr Tony and Kellie, back home it means that Chris and Celeste will be on their own for a while now (too risky for Kellie to get home now, even contacting may be dangerous). Wonder if Chris doesn't blame himself for the situation (I can imagine him doing that). Funny to see that Chris is now somewhat in Kellies shoes, considering what happened in the past. We'll have to see if he can wait empty-handed or if he buries himself in the case (or in another distraction).

Ohhh, I like the way you think! I'm aware of everything you mentioned under the spoiler tags and I've been planning to adress those next time we see Tony and Kellie.
    Grayson had nothing to do with the fire. His benefit of it is completely unrelated to the happenings in the lab. :)
    Chris will be buried in a heap of problems on all fronts. Poor Legacy boy. >:)

AudreyFld wrote: »
    I want to ship Kellie and Tony but that’s just weird. So I totally want her with Terry....such an awesome chapter and I don’t care if it was long because Tony was HOT through all of it. I love how he wants to protect Kellie. <3 I am so ready for this story to keep,going. It’s so good! <3 Also glad to know Grayson made it out okay.
    It is weird and at least one of them is fully aware of how wrong it would be. There's nothing inappropriate happening there. He may have kissed her hands, but it was purely out of gratitute. They have gotten close during the experiments. Now they may have to spend 24/7 together. They are bound to learn the best and worst about each other.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    This chapter deserves a Jes2G Play-by-play!

" Life of such an old dog like me is not worth the life of a pretty young lady like you. Am I making myself clear?"
    "Actually, I strongly believe that everyone's life has equal value regardless of age or what a person did."​
    "That's not the answer you were supposed to give me, Princess. I'm waiting."
    Tee hee hee. Nice "dad" moment.

So, like, they're just gonna stand around and talk shop when they need to be RUNNING AWAY?! Seriously people? Moooooooooove! :D

Oh Grayson! Dropping mics and telling us how you really feel, eh? he he

Heh, I enjoyed that tit-for-tat with him and Tony.

"She's your sister too."
    That is such a loaded statement!

This is what happens when you show concern, Chris. You get a lecture. What is it with the girls tonight?
    I can't with this dude.

"Must be the genes," I winked at her.
    he he he

"You don't happen to have a piece of wire about a thirty inches long on you, do you?"
    *snort* I love this guy lol

"How could you forget you bought a dog?"
    Yeah, really lol.

Zoe? Cookie and Gelato? he he he, he's so gooey on the inside, eh? lol

"Whenever you need me, I'll fly across the world to be there for you. Ask anything of me and I will do it. You have my word."
    She shifted her weight nervously. "You could stop calling me Princess," she said, her face flushed.
    "Anything but that..."
    HA!

"I'm sure I'll be able to convince you that mold is a new best seasoning."
    This guy! :D

Wow...that last line was dope! Poor guy! Kellie is so...this was a perfect chapter for international women's day! :smiley:
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    @Jes2G You just summed up my thoughts! :D
    @Jes2G You just summed up my thoughts! :D

Ha ha! You're welcome! :D
    forum_final.png

@Jes2G You make it sound like this chapter was actually funny and not deadly serious! :o:D

Thank you! Succeeding at making people laugh at the right places is the best possible reward.

Kellie's a hero! Happy International Women's Day! To all of us ladies! <3
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @Jes2G You make it sound like this chapter was actually funny and not deadly serious! :o:D

Thank you! Succeeding at making people laugh at the right places is the best possible reward.

Kellie's a hero! Happy International Women's Day! To all of us ladies! <3

Tony always has a way of bringing humor into the most serious of situations.
    forum_final.png

Tony made an appearance in another story. :D

thespangleway.tumblr.com/post/171694823816
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

This is where I ask if you already have a 'Tony C appearances' thread...out of curiousity... :lol: I'm not doubting that you probably have one...

This is where I ask if you already have a 'Tony C appearances' thread...out of curiousity... :lol: I'm not doubting that you probably have one...

@Maladi777 I'm pretty sure you have page somewhere dedicated to Tony appearances, because I remember stumbling across it. It's how I became acquainted with a couple of simLits. :)

@Maladi777 I'm pretty sure you have page somewhere dedicated to Tony appearances, because I remember stumbling across it. It's how I became acquainted with a couple of simLits. :)

I do, here. But I have to admit I stopped tracking all his appearances, because he is in too many stories now. I better focus on writing the Heffners.
    heffners_orig.jpg

I do, here. But I have to admit I stopped tracking all his appearances, because he is in too many stories now. I better focus on writing the Heffners.

Knew it! :lol: Tony is very popular! :joy:

I think he's even more popular on Tumblr than here on the forums. I believe it has something to do with the high tolerance for crazy of the people there. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg

I think he's even more popular on Tumblr than here on the forums. I believe it has something to do with the high tolerance for crazy of the people there. :D

Probably. :lol:
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member

Goodness yes! He seems to be in like every story there :D And I think thespangleway only has two out of her six or seven without him
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Found this amazing fanart the lovely @Marialein sent me some time ago. I've been saving it for when we get to the right point in the story to show it to you. I think now is a good time. :)

u_Wg_ZDg0.jpg

heffners_orig.jpg
    Ahh it looks great! Tony and Kellie look like they're ready for some action. XD