The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression Mod

Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
Hey! I have the story progression mod available from MTS, I was wondering, how do u know it's working or that it's installed right? I've played my game and no one has had a baby or gotten married yet..

Comments

• AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited September 2015
    The pregnancies only happen on certain days and you can enable/disable options by going to a computer and clicking "mc cmd center" "pregnancy". Make sure you have script mods enabled. If you don't then enable them in the game options, save and then restart your game.

Edit: Also, if you're confused about what something does then go here http://modthesims.info/d/551680
    Click (for example; pregnancy) [show McCmdCenter_pregnancy Details] then [Show Settings in mc_settings.cfg]

Edit 2: An example of what your mod folder should look like (I put this mod in its own folder for organization):
    2a4r2o5.jpg
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Oh wow I didn't know there was a mod for story progression. How cool os that! :-D
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited September 2015
    I was a huge fan of Twallan's Mods for Sims 3. I didn't even know this existed. I'm super excited to try it out.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    It is such an awesome mod. The author deaderpool is very helpful and open to suggestions for enhancements. There is also a help thread managed by @egwarhammer in the gameplay mods section. There's lots of useful info there and at mod the sims. Hope you get it working but if not come back and ask!
  • DreamsUnleashedDreamsUnleashed Posts: 76 Member
    I'm a bit of a noob, but how does this help story progression? :S
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    @DreamsUnleashed It enables other households (that you are not playing) to be pushed by the computer to do things they wouldn't normally do, like get in and out of relationships, get jobs, and have babies.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • b1the1changeb1the1change Posts: 57 Member
    The MC Mod is completely awesome, you may want to make sure its installed correctly, I saw things happening in my game IMMEDIATELY. I mentioned it in my youtube video cause I didn't realize that was part of what MC Command Center did I was like "lol.. whut?
    2421.jpeg?1444092538102
  • DreamsUnleashedDreamsUnleashed Posts: 76 Member
    @AmiRijo ooooo I really like that! I'm so glad that you explained it to me :) Is there many issues when patches get updated?
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Hey guys, MC Cheerleader is back! Sorry for the thread necro (what's the "age" on that silly :p idea, anyway?), I've been gone a while, and just now saw this message.

@Deaderpool is *amazing* at "patch vs mod" maintenance. And bug fixes. He stays VERY on top of things.

For those of you who haven't seen it, I thought I'd let you see some of what it does... (Other than the required main module, you can pick and choose which other parts you want to use/install.)

From the description page:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Here is a description of each of the modules and their functionality.

Module Name Description

McCmdCenter This is the main module. It is needed for anything else to work. It has a few "cheat"-type commands built-in, but does very little by itself otherwise.

McCmdCenter_cleaner This module handles some basic cleaning-the-game options. Getting rid of homeless ghosts, setting some default makeups on Sims as they age-up...that sort of thing.

McCmdCenter_career This module handles career-based functionality

McCmdCenter_dresser This module allows configuration of black and white lists for specific outfit items. This allows greater control of what Sims will be wearing and methods to run to "clean-up" Sims that are not wearing desired clothing items.

McCmdCenter_gedcom Provides support for the GEDCOM family try export format to allow import of your in-game family tree into one of the GEDCOM-compatible family-tree programs.

McCmdCenter_pregnancy This module creates a basic story progression of neighborhood Sims in that they can get married and have children as they age-up without direct user control.

McCmdCenter_population This module simulates other basic story progression of moving homeless Sims into households. It has some other moving-in/moving-out type options included as well.

McCmdCenter_tuner This module changes the way that some interactions function like turning-off autonomous mischief or mean interactions.

McCmdCenter_woohoo This module handles romantic interactions between the controlled Sims and other sims. Due to adult-subject content, this module is on MTS's adult-related website found (by sending me a PM for the link.) :)
    The MC Mod is completely awesome, you may want to make sure its installed correctly, I saw things happening in my game IMMEDIATELY. I mentioned it in my youtube video cause I didn't realize that was part of what MC Command Center did I was like "lol.. whut?

Ooh, link please? I'd love to see that!
    Hey! I have the story progression mod available from MTS, I was wondering, how do u know it's working or that it's installed right? I've played my game and no one has had a baby or gotten married yet..

To answer your original question, the BIG thing, move-ins/pregnancy alarm happens at Midnight between Friday Night/Saturday Morning. It's called the Saturday alarm, but I always save my game at 11pm Friday night, in case I don't like how the midnight alarm turns out, and I want a do-over.

Try this, in game, open the cheat bar, and type in mc_help . If you don't get a "wall of text" window full of mc options, grab a screenshot of what you DO see.

MOST of what the mod does fires off at various midnights, there's a list of weekly alarms under a blue box (you'll see what I mean) on the description page. So it isn't necessarily going to do things right way you'll notice, but it will do things, depending on your settings. Those MOSTLY "ship" set to mimic the game's original functionality, so if you haven't changed your config settings, that could be one reason why you don't see a lot going on.

There is also a Troubleshooting section on that page. If your game is current and your mod is current, there are other things there to try. MC Log entries (default to disabled, turn all that on!!) are helpful, and lastexception files CAN be helpful, in finding trouble spots.

Dig around a little, and let me know what you come up with. We'll go from there. :)
  • Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    Also, it updated so now pregnant sims can age, you have to turn it on and restart your game, but it's awesome! <3
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    So I'll be adding this to my game when I get it up and running... xD
  • ariasunshineariasunshine Posts: 34 Member
    > @Olivesplum06 said:
    > Hey! I have the story progression mod available from MTS, I was wondering, how do u know it's working or that it's installed right? I've played my game and no one has had a baby or gotten married yet..

ohh story progression i was also TOTALLY unaware!! how do those work and where might i find them?:) thanks in advance & happy simming!! :smiley: