Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Ultimate, not being "Ultimate"

Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
I am sorry for posting this in the sims 3 section, but there is no sims 2 tech help section.
I have the sims 2 ultimate. I got it when it was being given to everyone with sims 2 on origin. I recently upgraded to windows 10, and just opened this game for the first time. But, even though I am playing the sims 2 ultimate, less than half of the games are installed. Help?

Comments

• simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    @julia526, I wish I could help you with that. I had some issues I needed to work around to get everything working the way I wanted it to, but that wasn't one of my problems. Sorry if this question is too obvious, but... are you sure it's not all there? Some of the folders that you see under Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection have multiple things in them, for instance, Double Deluxe includes the base game, Nightlife, and a stuff pack (Celebration Stuff, I think?)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    Yes, the towns and symbols for the other expansions are missing
    @ahholladay
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited September 2015
    Try repairing your game with Origin.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 954 Member
    If you have the missing expansions and stuff packs on cd, you might try installing them.
    I don't recall exactly how, but I managed to replace Sims 2 Ultimate with the Sims 2 packs from cds and still be able to start the game from Origin even after installing Windows 10.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Did the Origin repair work? Please post an update.

I was really worried about this. I downgraded Windows 10 for privacy reasons, but eventually I reckon I'll need to install it or a later version for hardware support--yet the only reason why I even have Windows is to play the Sims. :fearful:
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Yes, please update OP :) I just bought a new computer and chose to have windows 7 on it. I was considering just upgrading it to 10 when I got it but if it makes problems with sims 2, there's no way I'll do that.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Yes, please update OP :) I just bought a new computer and chose to have windows 7 on it. I was considering just upgrading it to 10 when I got it but if it makes problems with sims 2, there's no way I'll do that.

For everyone's information, Sims 2 works just fine on Windows 10. The only thing you have to be worried about is the little black square that that's under your sim if you don't set the graphics to medium.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited November 2015
    dogdancer wrote: »
    jaxie086 wrote: »

For everyone's information, Sims 2 works just fine on Windows 10. The only thing you have to be worried about is the little black square that that's under your sim if you don't set the graphics to medium.

If you want the resolution fix as well go here. http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

I have one fix for the shadowbox. Open Orgin Games then Sims 2.Go to fun with pets. Then to Sp1 Then Res Then Config. Graphicrules.sgr is the file we need. Open with notepad. go to edit than find next and put Options.
    Go to this section:
    option Shadows
    setting $Low
    boolProp simShadows true
    boolProp objectShadows false
    boolProp guob false
    boolProp heightMapShadows false
    Change the simshadows to false. Then save. Here what it should be:
    option Shadows
    setting $Low
    boolProp simShadows false
    boolProp objectShadows false