Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still need an FPS limiter or is issue patched?

NodakNodak Posts: 89 Member
I remember some time ago, the Sims 3 had an issue where runaway FPS would literally fry your high-end graphics card. Has this been patched since, or if I'm operating on a high end system should I still get an FPS limiter?

I'll be running on highest settings in full screen. Windows 7 64-bit.

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Go into your graphics control panel via right clicking on desktop and turn vsync on. Newer graphics cards won't be recognized by the game so you can learn how to do that here.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • NodakNodak Posts: 89 Member
    Thank you. I did not find this bit anywhere, all I knew was how to manually change graphics settings through control panel.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you have a high end card you need vsync. What video card do you have?
    Yeah I already enabled vysnc to adaptive through NVIDIA control panel for both the base and most current EP. I have an EVGA GTX 980.
    edited September 2015
    Nodak wrote: »
    Yeah I already enabled vysnc to adaptive through NVIDIA control panel for both the base and most current EP. I have an EVGA GTX 980.

Is it working OK?. You usually add the TS3W file to nvidia control panel. The whole game runs off that file

add the sims 3 game to your Nvidia control panel. Under 3d settings click browse to find the TS3w file

in your Nvidia control panel under 3d settings click add then browse. Then you will be clicking on a bunch of files to get to the TS3W file which runs the game. computer C, to program files X 86 file, to origin games file, to the sims 3 file, to the game file, to the bin file. In the bin file you will find the TS3W file. Add that to control panel and put vsync on adaptive. This game must have vsync on or it will run your fps way to high. Also remind yourself every time you have an nvidia card update make sure it does not reset your vsync before playing. Nvidia card updates will also reset your game launcher settings every time.

make sure lot details is on low. This will keep stutter down. Its the game not your video card with the stutter issue. Also turn off memories or it will load down your game. Also turn off the store from loading in CAS and turn off loading screens
    Didn't know about lot details, thanks.
    your welcome. :)
  • jsonthernjsonthern Posts: 1 New Member
    same problem :(
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    jsonthern wrote: »
    same problem :(
    Hi there. We can call this a "problem," but it's one that every player on modern hardware and a strong enough graphics card faces with TS3. As said prior, there is no built-in fps limiter so we must use a tool from Nvidia, AMD, or another party to arrange vsync and force the fps rates to stay below the refresh rates of our monitors.

What graphics card do you have and where are you getting stuck in arranging for this?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net