Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Triplet Challenges

AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
Idea

I am currently playing the 100 baby challenge and I came up with a couple of ideas of triplet challenges that I wanted to post here. I would like to know what you guys think of this, any ideas, tips and additions to make these challenges better, as well as ideas for more objectives and other comments are most welcome!

If you decide to play this challenge I would love it if you comment here and keep us posted on your progress! Share with us what objective you chose, what rules you are playing and if applicable how you are customising the challenge further to your own liking. I might just add your variation to this post for others to enjoy too!

Pregnancy Mod

Because all of these challenges evolve around having triplets it is very helpful (not to say a 'must') to have a mod that can influence the number of kids your sim will have. As the Pregnancy Mega Mod v4 has broken with the latest patch, and it's maker is said to have retired I recommend using MC Command Center for setting triplets! You will need the "Pregnancy" module for this!

How To Play

You can pick any of these objectives below. The General Rules apply to all objectives unless specified otherwise. The Custom Rules also apply to all objectives, but in this section you can choose from different options for each rule. If you can think of a new objective involving triplets that isn't listed below feel free to reply with your idea so I can add it to this post!

Starting Out

For each challenge you start with a single young adult female. She can be a generated by the game, created by you, or downloaded, as long as she hasn't been played with yet. You are free to give her any look, traits or aspirations you want.

You can house your sim in any house or lot that she can afford with her 20.000 starting budget, wheter it is an empty lot, a house you build, or a house you download. Don't use any money cheats unless to subtract the cash that a spouse brings in when you play the challenge married-style.

General Rules
  • Play on normal lifespan and having aging on, preferable on active household only.
  • Do not use any methods to extend the life of any household member in any way, including bringing them back from death.
  • None of your household members can have a job outside of the home, make money with creativity.
  • You can't cherrypick the traits of your children, randomise them with a generator (for example here or here) or by picking the traits blindly.
  • You can handpick aspirations. Choosing another (new or previously finished) aspiration is only allowed when the current one is completed.
  • Adopting is allowed, but doesn't count in the challenge, so I'd advice against it as your house will be full enough as it is.
  • You can't influence the gender of the unborn babies in any way, whether in game or by mods.
  • With the pregnancy mod you may ONLY set the pregnancy to triplets, you can't modify the pregnancy in any other way, like changing gender, duration or when labour starts.
  • Custom content or other mods are allowed only if they don't give special advantages.
  • You are allowed to use build/buy mode unlocking cheats such as unlocking career furniture, but no cheats that give you a special advantage and no money cheats.
  • NEW! Since Lot Traits are now in the game, they can also be used to your advantage. However: If you own City Living you have to pick 'On Ley Line' first, and can only hand pick the other two. That doesn't change you having to actually set the pregnancies to triplets, but it just fits the challenge so well!

Custom Rules

Traits:
  • VANILLA: Play without a traits mod, so kids have 1 trait, teens 2 and adults 3.
  • MODDED: Play with any version of the Add Extra CAS Traits Mod, but you have to give all household members the same amount of traits, so for example all kids have 2, teens 4 and adults 6.

Fathership:
  • SINGLE: Your matriarch can't marry and each pregnancy has to be by a different father. Fathers can be random sims from the game, created by you or downloaded from sites, but they can't be added to your matriarchs household and aren't allowed to help the family in any way including financially.
  • MARRIED: Your matriarch finds a husband and has all her triplets with him untill he dies. After that she can find a new husband as soon as she is not pregnant anymore. You are allowed to create a couple or use an unplayed existing couple to start with, but all later husbands have to be married in-game. Just like with single mode the husbands can be random sims, created or downloaded.

Aging Up:
  • INDIVIDUAL: You can age up babies on their birthday, and individual kids and teens when they reach A grades.
  • PACKAGE DEAL: You can age up babies on their birthday, and kids and teens when all 3 of the triplets reach A grades.

Objectives
  • FULL GENERATION: Have as many triplets as you can before your matriarch turns into an elder.
  • ETERNAL TRIPLETS: This is a marathon, have as many triplets with your matriarch before she turns into an elder, but this time you can prolong her life with the aide of potions or traits she has earned herself.
  • ALPHABET TRIPLETS: Name each set of triplets with a letter of the alphabet, so the first triplets all have A names, etc. untill you had 26 sets of triplets and used up all letters.
  • THIRTY THREE TRIPLETS: This is a 100 baby spinoff. Have 33 triplets in the least amount of generations possible. If your matriarch turns into an elder her youngest daughter takes over.
Post edited by AlHollandiyah on

Comments

• kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    This sounds interesting. I love that people are thinking of variations to this challenge as just having a child after child can get pretty tedious. Kudos.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited September 2015
    kensgirl73 wrote: »
    This sounds interesting. I love that people are thinking of variations to this challenge as just having a child after child can get pretty tedious. Kudos.

Thanks a lot! That's exactly why I thought of this. At the same time it's a tad bit more difficult because A] you have more babies at the same time and B] It takes longer before you have enough free spots in the house to start a new pregnancy. So it should add whole new a very interesting flavour to the challenge without being simply easier!
    Quick question: Does she have to find a husband or can we create one for her in CAS when we create her?
    edited September 2015
    Quick question: Does she have to find a husband or can we create one for her in CAS when we create her?

Good question! If you play it married mode you can create them as a couple if you want, as long as you find later husbands in-game! I updated the topic to clarify this!

Good question! If you play it married mode you can create them as a couple if you want, as long as you find later husbands in-game! I updated the topic to clarify this!

Thank you. I was waiting to create the couple until I heard back from ya. :)
    edited September 2015
    I think that if you want to make it really interesting you could make the rule be that they can't be aged up until they all (set of triplets) hit an A in school because sometimes it doesn't happen at the same time. :)

Yes, I'm evil...
    Founder: Serenthi Maguire

ifokll.jpg

Spouse: Bronson Maguire

rurv2b.jpg

Further developments will be located at my website.
    I think that if you want to make it really interesting you could make the rule be that they can't be aged up until they all (set of triplets) hit an A in school because sometimes it doesn't happen at the same time. :)

Yes, I'm evil...

Oh I like that one VERY much. But I don't want to make it too hard on people that want to play, so I'm going to make this one of the custom rules. I'm going to update the OP right away!
  • Curse the world that I can't write 100 baby challenges or anything of the like! Perhaps I'll give it a go. We'll see how long I last!
    First Chapter is up. It's just pictures and captions so I hope you don't mind.

Simply Susan
    Nice! I also noticed that you are going for some kind of alphabet thingy, or was that just a coincedence?
    It's an alphabet thing. Each set will be named with the next letter of the alphabet. :) I was doing that with the original 100 baby challenge but all I was having was singles and it was frustrating me to no end. :)
    edited September 2015
    I know.... I'm now on 13 single kids and the first set of natural twins is on it's way. (Also on alphabet, list of kids + stats here!) However I started a blog about starting the challenge, so I have to finish that challenge first!
  • sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    Triplets....
    Triplets.......
    TRIPLETS!!!!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol, jk.
    I know.... I'm now on 13 single kids and the first set of natural twins is on it's way. (Also on alphabet, list of kids + stats here!) However I started a blog about starting the challenge, so I have to finish that challenge first!

Yeah I like your spreadsheet. I have used it on a couple of different challenges and will be using it for this one as well.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    sounds fun! can you play it without a mad too? with spa day you can get fetilty massage what makes the chances o twins and triplets bigger
    Well you could do that, but you will still get a lot of singles and twins with it, and this challenge does revolve around having triplets. Alternatively there is a method with which you can set it to triplets using cheatcodes, but it's a bit complicated compared to using the mod.

• RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    @AlHollandiyah I just started this, and my sim Abbie Price has just given birth to two boys and a girl, Brian, Bram and Britney! She's pregnant with the second set, who will be Connor, Caleb and Carina.
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    RL wrote: »
    @AlHollandiyah I just started this, and my sim Abbie Price has just given birth to two boys and a girl, Brian, Bram and Britney! She's pregnant with the second set, who will be Connor, Caleb and Carina.

That's very cool! Which set of custom rules did you pick?
    FML, triplets are an absolute nightmare! They cry constantly, my poor Sim never gets a break!
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    That's why I would do the challenge with a married mom, so dad can lend a hand!
  • Mystic-myrtle234Mystic-myrtle234 Posts: 10 New Member
    This is pretty cool! I'll definitely be giving this one a go :)
    OK, so I didn't play my challenge in a while and Abbie is still preggers with the C triplets. Next time I'll wait for longer before I get her pregnant again because of no room, also taking care of three babies while pregnant is impossible
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    I picked Vanilla, Single, Package Deal, Thirty-Three
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    RL wrote: »
    I picked Vanilla, Single, Package Deal, Thirty-Three

Oh wow, you are going to have your hands full! I would love if you would keep us up to date!