Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    Super Late My Apologies :#

Congrats to @coolsim9999999 and @Liziann1 on the MAXIS Favs for your AMAZING STAFF <3

CONGRATS @librashay for getting a MAXIS FAV on your first Build Challenge!! Hidden Garden Resort looks cool and Romantic.

@lsnishi - Your Safari Vacation build looks Awesome!!! How did you make the Zebra and other Safari themed art work?

@StangMix2 - Island Vacation Spot is SPECTACULAR! Love the waterfall and the overall tropical vibe of your lot. :)

@emere - Beautiful detailed retreat. WOW I have the sudden urge to travel to Italy now. Well at least my simself can enjoy your lot unitl get there. :D

@rosemow - Reading your review on my creation really made my day :) . I'm super happy you like my resort, it definitely felt like a labor of love. LOL. I look to one day make the other two Libra Islands, one geared towards singles and one for families.

@Cbear13 - I really enjoyed the QC 57 Challenge, especially the building part and I LOVE the borders. I'm going to keep pushing myself in the building department. I'm BLOWN AWAY at your QC 58 Restaurant!!! YASSSSS CBear you slayed it <3<3<3
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited January 2018
    ...remove my entry please... thank you.
    Post edited by maryjane2joe on
    285JXDb.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thank you very much @CaramelLibra29 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The Proposal is such a very dreamy romantic restaurant ! @maryjane2joe :) The layout and design of the build looks so very nice! The red heart shaped water fountain pools look very pretty! The flowers look very nice placed on the edges of the pools and the lilypads ponds. The blossoms looks very pretty in the ponds! It looks very nice that there are private raised platform dining nooks for the sims to enjoy eating their meals. The conical and spandrels roofing over the top of each of them looks very nice! The white dining tables on the ground level are very nice dining areas too. The red roses are romantic touches on the tables. Sims will enjoy listening to piano music whilst dining. Very nice upper level wedding ceremony area! It looks very nice the way that the chairs are angled and placed on the edges of the patio. The wedding guests will enjoy sitting there watching the wedding taking place. Thr flower petals are pretty on the ground and the overhead string lights are a special touch. Very nice gazebo area in the middle of the outdoors area! Very nice layout and furnishing of the underground areas! It is very nice that there is a cafe and coffee area for sims to enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the espresso bar, whlst sitting on the booth seating or on the stools, listening to juke box music. It is great that the kitchen is located underground.
    It is a very special Valentnes restaurant! <3
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Cbear13 Question: For the restaurant build I am going for a "overgrown" look, using wall ivy and other wall plants for the exterior. How is the judging on this? I find it very difficult not having it intersect other objects or even just walls. Oh, and another thing. The wall plants gets placed above the foundation and in that sense looks a little unnatural. Is this something that is critiqued?

Question 2: I saw lsnishi asking about tables. I did read correct that it's at least 8 two seater tables right? We can have more? or other types as it also mentions?
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Laebeth, I think you're correct we can have other types of seating as long as we have a minimum of eight 2 seat tables to dine on the lot. (@Cbear13, please correct me if I'm wrong)

@CaramelLibra29, thanks for the nice comments on my safari lodge, but all the wildlife paintings in my build are downloaded from the gallery. The creators are credited in my entry and lot notes. I have NO idea how they were able to get their sims to paint or photograph lions, zebras, leopards, rhinos, elephants, etc. I'm terrifically thankful they figured it out and shared it on the gallery though!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Laebeth try be careful with the climbing wall plants and placement
    I would have to see a pic what you mean with foundation.

You can have more seating its just at least 8 two seater tables. you can include some bigger tables to
    Post edited by Cbear13 on
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »
    @Cbear13 Question: For the restaurant build I am going for a "overgrown" look, using wall ivy and other wall plants for the exterior. How is the judging on this? I find it very difficult not having it intersect other objects or even just walls. Oh, and another thing. The wall plants gets placed above the foundation and in that sense looks a little unnatural. Is this something that is critiqued?

Question 2: I saw lsnishi asking about tables. I did read correct that it's at least 8 two seater tables right? We can have more? or other types as it also mentions?

about the foundation, there is a way to go around this. Make a small 1tile weidth room of the length you want to have the ivy on. for this room choose the foundation that doesnt have a thick border but fits perfectly with the wall. now draw a wall right below it in the basement. with moo you can now place the wall ivy on this wall and raise it to ground level.
    if you choose the foundation i mentioned your ivy shouldnt intersect with it and instead climb smoothly up.

Not ivy but the garage like painting thingies from city living. Used that method here as well.
    CJshoGk.jpg
    to my amusement they were fully useable, only thing i didn't playtest as i was sure they wouldn't work
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    thank you @crysk it's so easy when you know what to do :)
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    Here my sims entry for the challenge

QC challenge no:58
    Origin ID:LadyAlexiel
    Sims Gallery Name: Lamoureux & Dufresne
    Gallery Link: here
    Images (1-2 images):
    rqOq0Nc.png
    Sf1csOC.png
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @Laebeth ((hugs)) for being poorly, its not easy when you have little people,
    this is a flying a visit for me, as my laptop is too sick to play the sims, however a very nice man is looking at it for me tomorrow so I have all fingers crossed!
    Ive made my sims and was half way through the build when I got the Blue screen of death . . . repeatedly!

Catch up with you all soon!
    Happy Building x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    I hope your laptop feels better soon @Liziann1 :)! It will be great to see your Sims and your build for this challenge once you're computer is healthy again B)! I know it will be fixed :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Margaret and Andrew are very nice! @LadyAlexiel :) Margaret is pretty! Her hairstyles look nice that you have chosen for her. Their traits and aspirations suit them well. It is a special photo that you have posted of them sitting together at the dining table at your restaurant, ready for the proposal <3
    Hello @Liziann1
    I am sorry to hear that you are having computer issues :( I hope that the Tech man can work out the cause of the issues, and that you will be back to using your computer very soon.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Liziann1 Thank you :blush: Hope your PC gets fixed! I've not only had the blue screen myself, I've also had to experience loosing my entire harddrive before. Thankfully most of pictures etc were saved on my bf's PC too.. but I did loose a lot of videos of my oldest son during his first year or so. We become so dependent on these devices of ours.

Now I am not only running dropbox, my boyfriend has installed a backup system, so we are now safe if anything ever breaks again :wink:
    (He works in IT so he fixes this stuff himself :tongue: )

I really hope your PC will be okay, and that you can get back to playing soon!

@crysk Thank you very much for the tips, I will try it out! :blush:

@Cbear13 Ok, I will try to be careful, but there will be some intersecting. lol. I am placing a few of them in sort of a narrow space. But I'll try and do my best! (For some reason Rocky music started playing in my head now...)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    QC challenge no: 58.
    Origin ID: Netxpre2.
    Are you a novice builder: No.
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced.
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Hillside Highlands/Newcrest.
    Gallery Name: French Kisses.
    Gallery Link: Here.
    Do you have Dine out pack?: Yes.
    Notes about entry: The roofing was a little tricky to blend in the front of the building so there is a space in between them, it's not noticeable unless you look at it from the side. I used the glass dance floors above the piano and dance floor roof area to look like skylights, I think it adds to the romantic aspect. I used three lattices on the back outside wall behind the wedding venue to create my own design for them and there's lights behind them to make it more romantic. I made the "stage" for the piano and other instruments a lower level instead of a higher level like with traditional stages. I shot all pictures in the evening setting so it was more romantic feeling. (I think that's all the areas that may cause conflict with judging)
    Images (3-6 max): Link to more images here.

foQ5OQx.jpg
    2y4zQxW.jpg
    gQEcKdN.jpg
    dpSCbdX.jpg
    8Vi0hFH.jpg
    c7kJ90U.jpg
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    QC challenge no: 58.
    Origin ID: Netxpre2.
    Sims Gallery Name: Margret and Andrew.
    Gallery Link: Here.
    Images (1-2 images):

Sv8L4zo.png
    idmz2IF.png
    The exterior design of French Kisses looks very nice! @JosieAnglin :) The roofing is very creatively great! The water feature window is a nice touch in the front area of the build. Very nice outdoors seat benches sitting area for sims to sit and rest in the outdoors air. The layout and furnishing of the interior of the restaurant looks very nice! It looks very nice how the tables and chairs are set up for sims to dine at. The red and white colour scheme looks very nice, and the red roses on the table tops are romantic ! The heart wall decor and wall hedging are nice touches either sides of the doors. Very nice bar counter area! The drinks wall cabinets are great touches there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat. Very nice raised platform music area. Sims will enjoy listening to piano music whilst dining. The platform patterning looks very nice. It is great that there is both indoors and outside dining areas. Very nice wedding area! The flower petals look very pretty along the aisleway, and the candles and red flowers are special touches beside the seats. It looks very nice that the seats are angled. The overhead pink string lights are pretty!
    It is a very nice restaurant ! :)
    The two sims are very nice! :) Margret is very pretty! Andrew’s glasses complement with his face.
    Love your red and white dining room @JosieAnglin, it very classy and modern.:) The plants in the bathroom are a nice touch.

QC challenge no:58
    Origin ID:LadyAlexiel
    Are you a novice builder: Yes
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Cookout Lookout, Newcrest
    Gallery Name: Dîner Féerique
    Gallery Link:here
    Do you have Dine out pack?:Yes
    Notes about entry: I wanted to do a romantic French restaurant with a fantasy look to it. It overun by nature with flower everywhere in the dining room, on the second floor. On the first floor there is a romantic ballroom with tables near, for those who wish to listen to the band music while eating.There is a luxurious garden behind the building with a wedding arch. On the roof, there is also a garden where the staff can relax in their break.

Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    rqVuD9E.png
    A2b4DcD.png
    pYxIhLy.png
    QzernGs.png
    u5ti99t.png
    XqhmHBF.png

for more pictures:click here
    HBmnvTh.jpg
    edited January 2018
    Diner Feerique looks so very nice! @LadyAlexiel :) Very nice layout and design of the build! The exterior design of the building looks very great! Very nice roofing! The heart teddy is cute on the roof and heart signs are a great touch! The inner courtyard garden area is very nice and the heart shaped floral feature there looks very pretty! Very nice water fountain features in the front corner nooks! The enlarged heart teddies in the wedding area are so cute ! The flower petals aisleway and the overhead string lights are very nice.It looks very nice how the chairs have been set up for sims to watch the wedding. The floral arches leading out from the doors are a nice touch,Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the venue! It looks very nice how the dining tables and chairs are set up for sims to enjoys eating meals. The red roses are pretty on the table tops. The grassy and floral patches look very special there! The tubs of flowers and floral planter boxes on the walls look very nice! Sims will enjoy listening to the piano music whilst dining. Very nice ballroom area for sims to enjoy dancing to the juke box music. The marble flooring looks very nice. It is nice that there are also outdoors dining areas on the upper balcony.
    The restaurant is a very nice and special dining venue! :)
    thank you @rosemow for your very details comments :)
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    QC challenge no: 58
    Origin ID: HEW310
    Are you a novice builder: Yes
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Hindquarter Hideaway, Brindleton Bay
    Gallery Name: Toujours l'amour
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/57EE580D053211E88B064C4F02C5D395?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=HEW310&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you have Dine out pack?: No
    Notes about entry: Because I don't have dine out, I used the podium for politicians as the hostess hub. Additionally, I know the fairy lights are sticking into the fence a bit, but it was either that or it didn't look like they were attached.
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    uSFU6NY.jpg?1
    The street view.
    t5X8fw9.jpg
    The lovely wedding arch and seating!
    cgfl1b0.jpg
    Hostess' hub and waiting area.
    6q4Ijrk.jpg
    The lovely couple-to-be sitting and chatting
    uW2QVA0.jpg
    Rockin' out on the stage!
    GEABxP6.jpg
    The upstairs bar area (featuring the lovely face of Bella Goth)
    h87xNtp.jpg
    The exterior design of Toujours l’amour looks so very nice! @HEW310 :) The design of the roofing looks very great! The pink colour of the exterior walls looks very nice . The wedding ceremony nook area is very pretty! The flower petals along the aisleway and the overhead pink and white lantern string lights are special touches there. It looks great that the pews are angled there, for wedding guests to sit on whilst watching the wedding. It is very nice that there is both outdoors and inside dining areas at the venue. The candles are nice touches on the outdoors tables. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the restaurant! It is very nice that there is a pink sofa seats waiting area , for sims to sit and chat whilst waiting for a free table. The menu board is a nice touch on the wall of the host station nook. Very nice dining area for the sims to enjoy eating a meal at the table, whilst listening to the piano being played on the stage. Diner Sims will enjoy playing the piano and singing there themselves also! The red coloured curtains are a nice touch and the floor patterning looks great! .pIt is great that there is an upstairs bar. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools, having a drink from the bar and a chat.
    It is a very nice restaurant venue! :)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I have my Laptop back !!!! Thank you everyone for your kind comments, @Laebeth I've not figured dropbox out yet, but 99% of my pictures appear in my google drive/icloud so I think I am Ok
    the chap who fixed my laptop has been a star, its cooler and quieter and Ive only had to put in a couple of passwords and everyting is here, all my sims has now downloaded from origin, so I am going to test it out next!

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top