The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Sorry to hear about your paypal account being hacked. I'm glad you're getting your $ back from the bank.

You've got me thinking now too. I think all my online accounts are linked to credit cards not bank accounts; I'd better check to make sure.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Its all good and fixed now and life's not all terrible hehe I take the bad with the good.

The horses are doing very well especially Luna the one I rescued, she has turned into an amazing horse with the such a fun personality. She is very cuddly and loves attention and she also has a funny cheeky side. She knows how to give the most grumpiest look at you when you ask her to do something she doesn't want to do but still does it lol its her way of saying ok mum I don't like this or I don't want to do this but I'm going to cause I love you lol. She would never hurt anyone which for a horse whose been abused its amazing how forgiving she is. No signs of anymore fear from her and she will let me do anything with her.
    My other two horses are doing very well coping with the heat.

Mum is also doing well and recovering from her surgery fine though still gets in trouble for doing to much but she always has.

I do say to everyone after this episode with the theft and hacking of my paypal is everyone make sure to change your passwords to all your banking and other sites that have access to any of your money such as paypal it is way to easy these days for people to hack accounts so make sure to regularly change them and keep them secure.
    I still have no idea how they hacked it Im usually really good with security of my online stuff but might just get rid of paypal since I dont use it much anyway.
    Also might be time to pay for a vpn for my internet security if anyone knows of a good one please suggest away so I can check them out
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Ive slowly been judging the Kringle cottages today and I must say they are amazing, I will also add that I understood cottage to be a small sized house generally of one story but nearly everyone made theirs 2 storeys and quite big. Im not going to critique this but remember sometimes we aren't always looking for big and extravagant. Some may have lacked in other areas such as landscaping to build big also which we does affect scores.
    I am putting together another guide with tips to help with raising your scores in all the different judging criteria's that I hope will help some of you.
    It isn't a guide that will tell you the right way or wrong way its more so to help with ideas do approach the areas differently and ways you can make sure your scores are on the higher end of the scale in each area.

I do ask though if there is anything in particular you want to know when it comes to how we score or judge in each of the areas please post or message me as soon as you can so I can include it in the guide :)
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    Ive slowly been judging the Kringle cottages today and I must say they are amazing, I will also add that I understood cottage to be a small sized house generally of one story but nearly everyone made theirs 2 storeys and quite big. Im not going to critique this but remember sometimes we aren't always looking for big and extravagant. Some may have lacked in other areas such as landscaping to build big also which we does affect scores.
    I am putting together another guide with tips to help with raising your scores in all the different judging criteria's that I hope will help some of you.
    It isn't a guide that will tell you the right way or wrong way its more so to help with ideas do approach the areas differently and ways you can make sure your scores are on the higher end of the scale in each area.

I do ask though if there is anything in particular you want to know when it comes to how we score or judge in each of the areas please post or message me as soon as you can so I can include it in the guide :)

Lol @Cbear13 I didnt enter mine as i thought my cottage wasn't grand enough compared to the others lol (it probably still wasn't it was a shack lol!) maybe i shouldnt look at others before im finished :D
    Looking forward to reading your new guide!
    and i hope your life starts to settle down for you <3
    rzsH227.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    It is great that the horses are going well @Cbear13 :) Luna sounds a very special horse <3
    It is also good your Mum’s recovery after the surgery is going well :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,082 Member
    I’m so happy that your horses are doing well @Cbear13, and that Luna has a fun personality and loves you B)!
    I’m really glad to hear that you Mom is recovering well from surgery even if she’s been doing too much…lol!

I will be sure to check my passwords to paypal and all my other online stuff, and change/strengthen my passwords.
    I would get rid of paypal, if I were you. I think I will too.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2018
    @Cbear13 --- I can't think of anything specific to put in your new tip guide, but it's awesome that you're making one, and I'm looking forward to seeing and using it in future challenges B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @Cbear13 - I can't believe your Paypal was hacked!!! OMGGGGG :| Well at least your bank is working with you to retrieve your funds. Smh. I'm glad Luna is doing well and that her trauma is now behind her and that your Mom is recovering nicely :smile:
    I'm struggling sooo much with this Holiday build. I'm not a strong builder but I'm really trying. Hopefully I can get an E for Effort LOL
    @kilra0 - WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW :o:o<3<3 Your Forgotten Temple is AMAZING. I have no idea how you made that.

@Liziann1 - Your Coastal Spa is Very impressive. Love the Spa Staff, they're all good looking . My simself will be visiting your spa soon :smile:

@HEW310 - The Refurbished Holiday Lodge is super cool. It has a very nice laid back vibe and your staff look fun and down to earth.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hello @CaramelLibra29 :)
    I am sorry that you are struggling with the build :( I am sure that it will turn out well. It is your own special dream holiday build, so it will contain specialness . I am looking forward to seeing it! :)
    I'm struggling sooo much with this Holiday build. I'm not a strong builder but I'm really trying. Hopefully I can get an E for Effort LOL

@CaramelLibra29, please don't give up. Like everything else, the more you do it, the better you'll get. And while we're on the subject of struggling, I always struggle making interesting sims, and you seem to do it effortlessly. At some point, I'm going to have to get serious and work on making better sims for my game. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
    You can do it @CaramelLibra29 B)! Just pick a place that you'd really like to go on vacation, and build it --- or pick a few, and chose one to build :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

back to the judging should have results up today if I get no interruptions haha
    9TkPZAb.png
    Challenge 56 Intermediate and Experienced results are now posted on page 1, fantastic Kringle houses everyone!

Challenge 56 Intermediate and Experienced results found here
    Congrats to @coolsim9999999 and @Ainsleyf for winning the intermediate and experienced levels and congrats also to @Laebeth for placing! Wonderful holiday builds all of you!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited January 2018
    @CaramelLibra29 thank you :blush: please don't stop to build, just ask if you don't know how to do things. My temple is really easy to build, it's all about the copy tool. The only thing you need is an idea. :*

@Cbear13 so nice to read about your horses and that not everything goes wrong. :* Rescued animals can be very thankful and even joyful. I see that every day on our new one. She came to me in November and must have been kept in a little cage, she weighed more than twice as much as normal weight. Now she enjoys species-appropriated died and lost a lot of weight and it seems that she's happy about every little step she's does, but she's still so clumsy :blush:

@coolsim9999999 and @Ainsleyf congrats on winning the former challenge and also for placing @Laebeth :smiley:
    @kilra0 what did you rescue? Would love to see a pic :)
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @Cbear13 you've got a message. I will not post it to the forum because of privacy reasons and I'm also not allowed to from the organisation where they are from B)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member

I think sometimes we pressure ourselves, into creating a perfect build! give yourself a break, I'm sure it will all come together there is plenty of time x

I often start these challenges by looking at whats already in the gallery, whats new whats popular, then asking what I like, and can I build the same ? most often I cant, but sometimes I see a shape or a colour or feature and that is what I "copy" then the rest is me, my favourite items in the game placed the way I like to place things, light space colour or neutrals and it becomes mine, quite often the original thing I copied has changed too!

Congrats@coolsim9999999 @Ainsleyf & @Laebeth :):):)

@kilra0 Your Forgotten Temple is AWESOME !

@HEW310 Refurbished Holiday Lodge is gorgeous

@Cbear13 ((hugs)) so glad that things are getting better, sounds like its been pretty tough these last few months

Thanks everyone for your likes and comments, I just wish I had more time to build/play and post here lol

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited January 2018
    Wow...thanks so much for the congrats @lsnishi, @rosemow, @Liziann1 and @kilra0! and thank so much @Cbear13!! I've never won a QC build challenge before! I'm in shock!! Thanks for the great challenge and the lovely review (Just FYI - I didn't notice that the tree in the truck had dropped on the upload/download until way after I'd posted the build - sorry - I would have fixed it.) And Congrats to @coolsim9999999 and @laebeth!!

@caramellibra29 - GO for it! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be wonderful. You're very creative!
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thank you @lsnishi @rosemow @kilra0 @Liziann1 and @Ainsleyf for the congrats! I am very happy with placing :blush:

Congrats @coolsim9999999 on the Int win! And congrats @Ainsleyf on not only getting a win, but it being your first QC win! That makes it just so much more special! :blush:

@Cbear13 Thank you for the feedback! I will keep trying :wink: I feel I am edging closer and closer to where I should be, so if I keep at it I am sure I will get there!

@CaramelLibra29 Oh honey I know how you feel. Everyone always get's an E for Effort, because I don't think anyone ever *doesn't* try their very best. If you look at my builds from first to last you will see a huge improvement. Doing challenges like these with constructive criticism really helps :wink: I am not as strong a builder as many here, but if you ever want a second opinion or just wanna brainstorm some ideas to maybe get things going again feel free to message me. I ask friends for help with that sometimes when I get stuck on a build :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    edited January 2018
    Congratulations on your first QC win @Ainsleyf B)! That’s awesome --- and great cottage for the Kringles :D!

Congratulations on placing @Laebeth B)! Great cottage for the Kringles :D!

Thank you very much for your awesome comments on my winning the intermediate level @rosemow @lsnishi @kilra0, @Liziann1 @Ainsleyf and @Laebeth B):D:)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2018
    @Cbear13 @chips46 @rosemow --- or anyone who knows and has a few minutes --- How do you ensure that something, such as a Christmas wreath or garland doesn't drop when it's placed on the front of something, such as a retail counter? I had moo on when that happened :).
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top