Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 007 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Well I am knee deep into this challenge. I am on Day 3, and I have to say I am pretty surprised as to how things are going. It really is like that show. I thought one girl had it in the bag...but well things changed....very interesting as to how things are turning out. Not going like I thought at all. Luckily, I took your advice and am not attached to anyone.

When I made all of them, I gave them all different eye and hair colors to try to introduce some new genetics in the family. I randomized all traits for each one but I did not include non-committal or hates children. Other than that everything was fair game. This challenge is very interesting. :) Having lots of fun with it trying to divide Felix's time with the remaining women.

I did a little experiment and had him do the same interactions with all girls and then wrote down how they responded...that tells a lot. I gave them all equal time too. Very nice challenge.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Vihisha Do you have a chart to figure out what relationship is higher? Right now, I have 3 Sims who are the following: Just friends with my sim, Acquaintances, Just Friends and then I have one that is Friend.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the lowest is the acquaintances Just friends...BUT when I hit the heart tab, the other two women pop up and the one that says Friend does not...so does that mean Friend is lower than Just Friends?

I have searched high and low all over the internet and can't find an answer.

Edited to add: Never mind I think I figured it out by looking at the green bar. Just friends is slightly higher than Friends. Plus the one Sim has some pink and the Friend one has none so out she goes.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited September 2015
    Day one complete! Update at my blog.

Days 2&3 are now also up.
    Post edited by MocaJava on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Well, I have gotten so involved in playing this challenge that I did't write much but I did finally grt the beginning started on my blog. So here is Chapter One: The Bachelor Sim. https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/category/drifter-challenge/house-007/

And then I kept writing so here is Day 1: Let the games begin https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/2-let-the-games-begin/

Here is a sneek peek.

Day 1: Goals- Flirt with everyone one time and have a house party at 4pm. Easy enough. So that morning I decided to make pancakes for all the women. I thought it would be a nice gesture and a good way to make a good first impression.
    Slm6Vh7.png

Wrote some more: Day 2 is up: Painting contest https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/3-day-2-painting-contest/

Sneek peek:
    kxZQpPv.png
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Glimmer50 Nice variety of ladies you've got there!

I think I'm going to finish part 1 of the challenge before I post anything more, I really want to immerse myself in what's left. I'm down to three guys now and it's been a little surprising so far who's gone and stayed.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    MocaJava wrote: »
    @Glimmer50 Nice variety of ladies you've got there!

I think I'm going to finish part 1 of the challenge before I post anything more, I really want to immerse myself in what's left. I'm down to four guys now and it's been a little surprising so far who's gone and stayed.

Yeah I am finding that to be true too. Here I thought it was all set, then things change...and change some more LOL.

Edit: I am done writing for today. I am all caught up now. It just seems to be how I do things. I play and play and then write for a whole day LOL. Honestly, though I got so involved with this challenge, I at times forgot to take pictures so I am missing some story line. I also did all of this yesterday play wise I mean. So all of this updating was ONE day of playing LOL.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Okay so I am on a writing roll. Short Chapter is up: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/4-day-3-two-dates-at-the-park/
    This is a very short chapter due to BOB disappearing but here is a sneek preview:
    G7w6Lst.png

Another Chapter is up; The Fishing Challenge:https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/5-fishing-challenge/

Sneek preview. Things do NOT go as expected. It all begins normal enough...

dbh2RgV.png
  • Options
    @vihisha I'm on the days where you have to go on a date event with each of the three remaining guys but I've hit a snag. I had the first date but one of the other guys completely lost any romantic status with Abby so i can't ask them out. I tried to flirt with him a bit to get it up but he kept rejecting her and now the romance bar's red. I don't see an option at this point but to evict him and finish off with the two I have left, hope that's ok.
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Okay so I am on a writing roll. Short Chapter is up: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/4-day-3-two-dates-at-the-park/

My park dates turned out the same way, pretty much. The guys just kept running off, it was a bit frustrating.

Well I've had my final dates with my remaining fellas..two left, soon the big party and the winner shall be revealed! It's going to be really close. One of the guys I didn't expect to get far, the other one I thought would end up making it pretty far. Relationships are really close right now so the party will tell all!

• Options
    edited September 2015
    More updates. On a roll. Group outing at the park that does not turn out well. Felix just can't catch a break with these women. Day 6: Group Outing at the Park https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/6-group-outing-at-the-park/

Sneak Preview:
    The next day all of the women who did not win the fishing challenge- Kristie, Etta and Anna- were all supposed to go to the park with me for an outing. This was my chance to try to get to know the other girls without Kate being around Honestly, I was getting pretty tired of these women and their crying and yelling at me. I was tired of all the tantrums. I just wanted a nice, calm day at the park. So, I really prepped. I made sure my hair looked just so. Check.
    epBfhQR.png
  • Options
    I love MC Command Center sometimes...it made two of my rejected bachelors marry each other. Nice to know they found someone after all :D
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Chapter 7: Date at the Lounge. Who does Felix pick to go with him on his first master date? He doesn't seem to be getting along with anyone does he? https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/7-date-at-the-lounge/

Sneak preview:

The time is here. There are three women left and Bob says I have to pick ONE to go on a date with first. I will have one date with each woman once a day and at the end pick the ONE. But who to ask first? There lies the question. After my outing at the park and Kate turning me down for a date, I wasn’t sure what to do. Etta was still upset with me about our argument at the park so while she was upstairs crying, I found myself downstairs planning to watch some TV away from everyone else. When I walked in, I was surprised to find Kate watching TV. So, we began to talk.

WFQiIQ0.png

You know, I honestly have no idea who Felix is going to end up with in the end. He still has to date the other two girls IF they agree to it. Time will tell. ---Runs off to find out.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @vihisha I'm on the days where you have to go on a date event with each of the three remaining guys but I've hit a snag. I had the first date but one of the other guys completely lost any romantic status with Abby so i can't ask them out. I tried to flirt with him a bit to get it up but he kept rejecting her and now the romance bar's red. I don't see an option at this point but to evict him and finish off with the two I have left, hope that's ok.

Well, I am not Vihisha but I read in the rules that if you get rejected, then you move on. Here it is and I quote: " If at any time a contestant declines to go on a date with the main Sim the date is skipped (no rose offered either)"

If it makes you feel any better Felix was turned down by Kate and their relationship went to you know where. But if you read my story you will see where they are now. But I honestly have no idea who he will be with in the end. He has a pretty good relationship with the remaining 3. OR maybe not after his date with Kate...we will see....okay really going to go play now and quit waiting for your update @MocaJava

I love MC command center also. I have a surprise happening in mine...it will be in my story later. And it was none of MY doing which is even better but it SO fits the story LOL.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    HI everyone :smiley: ... gee this one sounds like so much fun .... I've been so busy this weekend ... my grandson has been here all weekend and just left ....when he is here I pretty much just give up my computer to him for the time he is with us LOL ... I really love him a lot ... but I am happy to have my computer back!! LOL I've been reading all your comments from my surface and can hardly wait to start mine ... bur first I gotta go get caught up on your wonderful stories B)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Okay this is really to close to call. So when I brought up the guest list I had to actually count letters in their name to see who had the highest combined on both bars ...that is how close it was. Sheesh.

Edited to add: Okay folks we have a winner. My husband suggested getting out a ruler so we did. I will have to update my blog tomorrow and let you see who won. This has really been fun. I kind of went into this half hardheartedly but this has been great. I have enjoyed the race. Really different. :)

Good Luck @tammyjo329 I think you will enjoy it.
  • Options
    New update on my blog! Day4: her first solo date!
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    You're very welcome Vi. I'll be popping in more and more he he.
    Well good! The more the merrier!! :smile:

Well I am knee deep into this challenge. I am on Day 3, and I have to say I am pretty surprised as to how things are going. It really is like that show. I thought one girl had it in the bag...but well things changed....very interesting as to how things are turning out. Not going like I thought at all. Luckily, I took your advice and am not attached to anyone.
    I'm glad that you're knee deep in the challenge...it brings a smile 2 my face knowing that! :smile: I really liked the unpredictable results of this house mini-challenge (part 1) when I play tested it..I used the same group of Sims a few times & they never ended up w/the same "soulmate"...gotta' love the drama also >:)
    I did a little experiment and had him do the same interactions with all girls and then wrote down how they responded...that tells a lot. I gave them all equal time too. Very nice challenge.
    Ooooh....I'd love some insight as 2 what u found out (maybe a DM if it'll tell 2 much 2 those who have yet 2 play Part 1?)
    Okay folks we have a winner. My husband suggested getting out a ruler so we did. I will have to update my blog tomorrow and let you see who won. This has really been fun. I kind of went into this half hardheartedly but this has been great. I have enjoyed the race. Really different. :)
    That is so funny!! LOVE the ruler 4 the win!!! :smiley: GRATZ on completion of part 1.....now let the real challenge ensue =)
    I love MC Command Center sometimes...it made two of my rejected bachelors marry each other. Nice to know they found someone after all :D
    :D that is 2 funny!!

@Glimmer50 & @MocaJava I will b rushing straight away 2 read all your blog update...this has GOT 2 b fun!!! Sry I wasn't around 2 answer questions...but it seems as you've all been able 2 sort things out...despite my absence :smile:

@tammyjo329 I hope u had a wonderful weekend, my dear! Can't wait 2 hear your reactions/thoughts on this new house mini-challenge :smile:
    Seems like everyone's having a lot of fun w/it so far!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I just realized I effed up the day 4 post, the eviction shouldn't have been til day 5. Gonna edit that out and put it in my next blog post, whoops
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @MocaJava I REALLY am enjoying your blog...it's got some quite humorous parts! :wink: I don't wanna' leave comments about it here as it would spoil it 4 others reading it...but just let it b known..I'm loving it so far & can't wait 4 more!!

edit My bad..I just realized how 2 leave comments ON your blog...I'll go do that 2 ha ha ha
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @vihisha I just realized something and want to make sure I got this right...Paul won the fishing challenge so I went on a date with him, but according to your rules I need to go on a date with each of the final 3 guys on days 6,7, and 8...so I am going to go on a second date with Paul since he's in the final 3, yes?
  • Options
    @MocaJava That would b correct...reguardless of who's EVER had dates in the past...day 6-7-8 r w/the last 3 remaining
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @vihisha I read all your comments on my blog, thanks a lot :)
  • Options
    @vihisha I read all your comments on my blog, thanks a lot :)
    U betcha! I really do read everyone's things & I am enjoying your journey!! :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Alright one last post, days 5&6 are up. Not sure if I'll finish up tomorrow after work or not, but if not definitely Wednesday.
  • Options
    My last two chapters are up finally.
    8. Trying to Date https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/8-trying-to-date/
    This has been such a mess. I haven’t known what to do for days.
    jafVSrY.png

9. The Big Reveal https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/9-the-big-reveal/
    So tonight is the night. I have to decide who I want to be with: Either way we are all dressed up and I still don’t know who to pick.
    8Fxnfm1.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top