Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is the anniversary important?

Can someone actually give me a reasonable explanation as to why the anniversary is so important and it seems like the ultimate sin that the developers haven't given us an anniversary gift?

Chances are if they do give us a a gift people will start complaining about the gift they do give. I don't ever remember in previous installments an anniversary gift, nor did I ever really care.

Really, can someone explain the importance to me? I think I missed the memo.
tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
Find my Legacy family tree here

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't get it either.... I guess it's just a hype up and disappointment. I don't know if they ever gave away stuff on any anniversary before. Is there some precedent?
    egTcBMc.png
  • madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't get it either.... I guess it's just a hype up and disappointment. I don't know if they ever gave away stuff on any anniversary before. Is there some precedent?

That's what I'm wondering. If they ever did the gift must have not been that amazing since a lot of people can't even remember.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Happy 1 year anniversary to the sims 4!!! How are you going to celebrate?
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I look at it as if it were some one's birthday. Most of us celebrate birthdays with out any real reason. :)
  • WOOHOO_ERWOOHOO_ER Posts: 47 Member
    We each get one toddler o:)
    l2TzjN3.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can someone actually give me a reasonable explanation as to why the anniversary is so important and it seems like the ultimate sin that the developers haven't given us an anniversary gift?

Chances are if they do give us a a gift people will start complaining about the gift they do give. I don't ever remember in previous installments an anniversary gift, nor did I ever really care.

Really, can someone explain the importance to me? I think I missed the memo.

Because the past forums were not dull and boring and when there was an anniversary there is a party. This site is the most boring no contests, no polls, not fun things to do, no parties, no food fights, nothing....it is a reflection of those running it, sadly. Though they have tried to make this site better, and it may just be just the lousy design or setup of this forum and it's site, which we can all say the other sites were a lot more fun and that is a reflection on those running it. A year one anniversary for a game is a big deal. But looks like they don't care, either.

ETA:
    Compare this site to the TS, the TS1 and the TS3..it is colorless, no parties, nothing. No engagement other to remind us they are working on something (maybe) and or to remind us to be nice of each other. It's hard to find things if there was a party going on...lol..and there is nothing here, then go look at the old TS3 or the old TS2 if it was still up *(but it's not) and you will get my drift. Boring. A party should have taken place at least for those who really love this game.

ETA: And the gift for the TS3 was a Townlife something or other wasn't it?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Basically in a nutshell several simmers getting on the hype train thinking that due to EA's silence that they were cooking up something for the anniversary. I must've been late for the hype train (again)
    1FKDfKj.png
    If a party had taken place though the gurus would be inundated with complaints and questions about toddlers. There is no party for the same reason they no longer have an ask a guru chat. Why do something that won't be enjoyable. I love the game and I'd rather not see that here.
    egTcBMc.png
    If a party had taken place though the gurus would be inundated with complaints and questions about toddlers. There is no party for the same reason they no longer have an ask a guru chat. Why do something that won't be enjoyable. I love the game and I'd rather not see that here.

Nobody ever hounded Hydra when she held a food fight. Not even I would do that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2015
    @Cinebar How long ago what that.. I don't even remember a Hydra. That was a guru?
    egTcBMc.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Cinebar How long ago what that.. I don't even remember a Hydra. That was a guru?

hydra was the site admin guru for the sims 3 forum and the first half here
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2015
    i do feel bad for anyone thinking the team had put together a surprise for the anniversary but i too didnt expect anything. unless i get a good hint from a guru i dont put much stock in rumors here. i also wish the PR would allow more transparency so people didnt get misled by wishful thinking.
    edited September 2015
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Yes, I know she is gone and missed because she was a fun guru. Which held polls, parties, food fights and much more. ETA: And she was over the TS2 site, too. Known her a long time, with her fun activities on the forums...like holding contests.

ETA: Meant for @Hermitgirl to explain she was also over at the TS2 site for years. Don't know how anyone couldn't have know about her.
    edited September 2015

Yes, I know she is gone and missed because she was a fun guru. Which held polls, parties, food fights and much more. ETA: And she was over the TS2 site, too. Known her a long time, with her fun activities on the forums...like holding contests.

ETA: Meant for @Hermitgirl to explain she was also over at the TS2 site for years. Don't know how anyone couldn't have know about her.

I didn't start participating in this site until April or so of this year. I never did online forums before this even though I played the sims. This has been my only experience in how Gurus are treated.

edited for wrong time
    egTcBMc.png
    edited September 2015

I didn't start participating in this site until April or so of last year. I never did online forums before this even though I played the sims. This has been my only experience in how Gurus are treated.

Hydra is loved and never treated badly. She was a part of the sites for more than seven years. The only time she received some backlash was when they wouldn't admit SecuRom was installed into players pcs without their knowledge. EA denied that for a very long time until they got sued and then they started posting how to remove it and how to make it work with particular SATA or IDE drives that had problems and burned them up in some cases.

ETA: It really is too bad you have missed The Sims golden years. TS site was a blast, Will Wright came on the site often. There was free stuff, jokes, fun, it was a very fun place. The TS2 site held contests for free packs and EPs, free store stuff (at the end when there was a store) etc. Food fights started by gurus and parties posting gifs etc. The TS3 was somewhat as fun with contests, polls asking your opinion and see the vote etc. And the gurus had a lot more participation. The TS4 site is about Twitter. Even if everyone was happy here they wouldn't be here anyway.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I didn't expect an actual gift. However an apology and an announcement that there was a patch for all fixes would have been fantastic.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    WOOHOO_ER wrote: »
    We each get one toddler o:)

...one toddler that is tied to a toddler bed...
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2015

I didn't start participating in this site until April or so of last year. I never did online forums before this even though I played the sims. This has been my only experience in how Gurus are treated.

Hydra is loved and never treated badly. She was a part of the sites for more than seven years. The only time she received some backlash was when they wouldn't admit SecuRom was installed into players pcs without their knowledge. EA denied that for a very long time until they got sued and then they started posting how to remove it and how to make it work with particular SATA or IDE drives that had problems and burned them up in some cases.

I was still a little kid barely on the forums. I loved the sims 2 forums but I was read only and the site would be shut down as i played sims 2 for about 5 years and only joined sims 3 when it was up to showtime.

I remember Hydra was really loved and people even shouted "hail Hydra" memes on the forums. Such a nice person, I got very sad when she quit.

On topic: i expected nothing and was not dissapointed. I KNEW we wouldn't get anything since we never have. People in these forums get bored of the lack of activities and just start rumors until they escalate to "we're getting toddlers!" It happens EVERY month and they get disappointed. You'd think they'd learn by now.

As for forum parties, if we want one so bad why dont we start our own? If we're a community we can act like it without a guru's help. I've made alot of friends here and recgonize alot of people, that's what a community should be about.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I would have been happy with a patch to fix the incest in the game for an anniversary gift....
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

edited September 2015

I was still a little kid barely on the forums. I loved the sims 2 forums but I was read only and the site would be shut down as i played sims 2 for about 5 years and only joined sims 3 when it was up to showtime.

I remember Hydra was really loved and people even shouted "hail Hydra" memes on the forums. Such a nice person, I got very sad when she quit.

On topic: i expected nothing and was not dissapointed. I KNEW we wouldn't get anything since we never have. People in these forums get bored of the lack of activities and just start rumors until they escalate to "we're getting toddlers!" It happens EVERY month and they get disappointed. You'd think they'd learn by now.

As for forum parties, if we want one so bad why dont we start our own? If we're a community we can act like it without a guru's help. I've made alot of friends here and recgonize alot of people, that's what a community should be about.

I think family players may feel the burn even more when they read R.F.s blog post today. Nothing mentioned about family play or toddlers. I really believe they believed they would get toddlers patched in this week. But the guru has said that is the only patch this week that address about three minor problems in the game. So, nothing this week.

It's different when the gurus actually care about their forum participants and start a party or do a lot of work to celebrate a year's anniversary. This is so much like the TSM forum at the time they knew they wouldn't continue but we didn't and they just hushed and offered a post now and then about the upcoming EP for P&N for that game. They made comments like we did this and that, but it was sounding defensive and I guess it was since they knew but we didn't they wouldn't be continuing much longer. That site started to sound a lot like this site.

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member

ETA: It really is too bad you have missed The Sims golden years. TS site was a blast, Will Wright came on the site often. There was free stuff, jokes, fun, it was a very fun place. The TS2 site held contests for free packs and EPs, free store stuff (at the end when there was a store) etc. Food fights started by gurus and parties posting gifs etc. The TS3 was somewhat as fun with contests, polls asking your opinion and see the vote etc. And the gurus had a lot more participation. The TS4 site is about Twitter. Even if everyone was happy here they wouldn't be here anyway.

The Sims 4 site is better than the others. o:)

We now have @SimGuruDrake in charge. :#

And have other awesome SimGurus, such as @SimGuruBChick.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited September 2015
    I didn't expect an actual gift. However an apology and an announcement that there was a patch for all fixes would have been fantastic.

But knowing the way EA­xis does things, we'd then need fixes for all patches as well.

raw