Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need transportation!

sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Am I the only one that thinks maybe it would be cool to have some Sims 2 features back that could be in an update for Sims 4? I'm thinking things like calling for a cab, ordering groceries for the fridge (with a slider of how full you want to make your fridge) and other things like that.

This means transportation could return! Of course, you could also buy CARS (yas I said it, cars everybody :smirk:) So you could get in your car, and then the loading screen would turn up so it's more like you're driving. Also talking about transport, they could introduce bus stops where a bus turns up every two sim hours. It would cost a small fee to jump on and ride, but a school bus would also come for the kids on school days. This way it's a little more realistic, and could put people who wish for open neighborhoods more at ease. So, cars, cabs and buses are now in use, without them having to spend months and months on it.

In addition, EA could work on more services for your sims, including repairmen, maids (not 100% sure whether we have these yet, please forgive me if we do), emergency services and the most wanted return of calling for the magnificent GROCERIES! Fridges could now run out of food and you'll need to go online or call over the phone to get more groceries. In the meantime, you can order a pizza from the local Italian :wink:

Would anyone else like this? Or at least a little bit of it, because although the Sims 4 brought a lot of needed features, it missed out on a lot too.

Please comment what your thoughts are too, I think the more threads there are about this stuff the bigger the chance of the Gurus seeing it are.
Happy Simming o:)
toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
Post edited by sophtastic on

Comments

• ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'd like a repairman, I'm tired of fixing everything myself.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    HI :)

Yes, there are many people who've been begging/asking/questioning about cars, Service Sims, and Stores... Shopping for books, groceries, clothes, furniture! without it all being Poof'd in my magic fridges, bookcases, dressers- since we found out there wouldn't be any. (even from TS3 days for shopping).

Now I'm sad again. rmmn2o.jpg

*holding on for a move to the Ideas section*
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    Transportation as a way to soften the closed world doesn't really appeal to me but lots of people would love it. I certainly wouldn't complain if it happened.

Now stores and service sims would be a victory.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I would love to have a grocery store or grocery delivery service. I hate it that my baker sims cannot buy ingredients and instead either have to maintain a garden or just have things they can't bake. I would love it if beyond that, you could pay a premium for better quality ingredients. One of my favorite mods in Sims 3 added a way to buy ingredients from local restaurants if you knew someone who worked there. You could go from low to quite high amounts, gaining better and more rare ingredients as you did so.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    HI :)

Yes, there are many people who've been begging/asking/questioning about cars, Service Sims, and Stores... Shopping for books, groceries, clothes, furniture! without it all being Poof'd in my magic fridges, bookcases, dressers- since we found out there wouldn't be any. (even from TS3 days for shopping).

Now I'm sad again. rmmn2o.jpg

*holding on for a move to the Ideas section*

Off topic but Rflong does your legacy island world have dive lots? :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Your title is misleading. I thought something made you think transportation was coming. "I want transportation" or "We need transportation" would be better.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    sophtastic wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks maybe it would be cool to have some Sims 2 features back that could be in an update for Sims 4? I'm thinking things like calling for a cab, ordering groceries for the fridge (with a slider of how full you want to make your fridge) and other things like that.

This means transportation could return! Of course, you could also buy CARS (yas I said it, cars everybody :smirk:) So you could get in your car, and then the loading screen would turn up so it's more like you're driving. Also talking about transport, they could introduce bus stops where a bus turns up every two sim hours. It would cost a small fee to jump on and ride, but a school bus would also come for the kids on school days. This way it's a little more realistic, and could put people who wish for open neighborhoods more at ease. So, cars, cabs and buses are now in use, without them having to spend months and months on it.

In addition, EA could work on more services for your sims, including repairmen, maids (not 100% sure whether we have these yet, please forgive me if we do), emergency services and the most wanted return of calling for the magnificent GROCERIES! Fridges could now run out of food and you'll need to go online or call over the phone to get more groceries. In the meantime, you can order a pizza from the local Italian :wink:

Would anyone else like this? Or at least a little bit of it, because although the Sims 4 brought a lot of needed features, it missed out on a lot too.

Please comment what your thoughts are too, I think the more threads there are about this stuff the bigger the chance of the Gurus seeing it are.
    Happy Simming o:)

Yeah I want those
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes I want all those things back. The nannies and smart milk of the Sims 2 was awesome too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    I think this goes in the ideas/feedback section.
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    edited September 2015
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    I'd like a repairman, I'm tired of fixing everything myself.

Or I'll sometimes just replace it if I'm too lazy to have my sim repair it. LOL!
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    Your title is misleading. I thought something made you think transportation was coming. "I want transportation" or "We need transportation" would be better.

So sorry this was misleading! I'll change the title aha :blush::heart:
    SharkDO wrote: »
    I think this goes in the ideas/feedback section.

I'll move it there now :wink:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • mario5079868mario5079868 Posts: 24 New Member
    I would like to use the tram that goes by.
  • MsBrittyMsBritty Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2015
    The thing I miss the most is the open world environment. I miss that SO much! Riding horses and driving cars through out the world, being able to walk about the world, anywhere you wanted to go... That was a huge part of the game to me.
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    livable and driveable Semi tractor unit without trailer that can connect to it's trailer and have forklifts and liveable and driveable RVs new moderate and 1950's Retro Antique versions!