Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @debjameswhite Father and son collapsing in sleep near the potty, has got to be the best picture ever. Sooo cute! lol :heart:

@yunanesca Fun times ahead for both, I imagine. :smile:
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi everyone!

Im finally back with my update! Thanks for the birthday wishes - I had a wonderful day.

Im having some serious issues with TinyPic so I just made an Imgur account and Im going to use that instead.

After the wedding and receiving some exciting news, it was time for Clarissa and Kyle to on their Honeymoon to Granite Falls!
    117tu9u.jpg
    2l8xks5.jpg
    mbpdn6.jpg
    slmkpe.jpg
    iyz8lz.jpg
    e68wvp.jpg
    2nklzmf.jpg
    3177crr.jpg

I tried getting one of those magic beans or whatever from the Plantsim lady, but I had to put her in certain emotions and Clary's needs were pretty low at that point so I never figured it out.
    2nlcoc3.jpg

Then I heard the creepy noise letting me know Grim was close by so I followed him around. He walked the longest way around ever, just to go to the toilet and then disappear!
    2yl37sj.jpg

Naaww!!
    2el6yqp.jpg

When they got back, Kyle was embarrassed because he lost to Clarissa in Horseshoes, whereas Clary was happy because she won. Hahaha.
    i1ywl0.jpg
    dcatdv.jpg

That afternoon, Dominic came by to hang out
    5e9wxs.jpg
    29xx8j.jpg

And then Clary (insanely) went off to work even though she was about to pop!
    wVckBgF.png

2am the next morning, Clary went into labour. I originally took her to the hospital, but for some reason every time I check a sim in, nothing happens, and I cant send them home either. I had to reset her multiple times and then get her home so she could FINALLY give birth!
    1XGKMHq.png

And we have twin girls! Luna and Hermione :tongue:
    85htzic.png

Luna is inquisitive
    KT6YSnZ.png

And Hermione is independent
    wcvpld4.png

Luna has the wavy hair instead of Hermione because its the only one that suits her! Hahaha. Im thinking Im going to have to go on a CC hunt later.

I have more to come, but Im supposed to be writing an essay thats due in less than 48 hours and I havent actually started writing yet. Lol.
    Luna and Hermione are soooo cute! I loved your update @JBAG521 :smiley:
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @debjameswhite @Heckstress17 Sorry it is taking me soooo long. I am having an interesting time decorating with no cc, talk about a challenge to go with the challenge! :lol:
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I'm gonna comment on everything later tonight. I've been playing my game and not managing my time well lol
    OJenn wrote: »
    @debjameswhite @Heckstress17 Sorry it is taking me soooo long. I am having an interesting time decorating with no cc, talk about a challenge to go with the challenge! :lol:

Aw, I'm sorry. I know decorating without cc is really difficult. If you wanna use cc go for it, I can always replace whatever I need to. I'm also super sorry you saved your game without cc and have to replace everything :( I know you had your cc out because I asked for no cc. I feel really guilty. Forgive me! Honestly don't rush. I'm no where near ready for the next gen house, and @debjameswhite 's heir is only a toddler. I think you've got a couple weeks, no pressure!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited April 2017
    I'm gonna comment on everything later tonight. I've been playing my game and not managing my time well lol

Aw, I'm sorry. I know decorating without cc is really difficult. If you wanna use cc go for it, I can always replace whatever I need to. I'm also super sorry you saved your game without cc and have to replace everything :( I know you had your cc out because I asked for no cc. I feel really guilty. Forgive me! Honestly don't rush. I'm no where near ready for the next gen house, and @debjameswhite 's heir is only a toddler. I think you've got a couple weeks, no pressure!

Oh no don't feel guilty! I just think somewhere along the lines I completely spaced and forgot. I added the cc back in and fixed everything up. I used your idea de-CC'ing my sims (and their houses) before having heirs move out and so it made it pretty easy. Kamila just needed some hair :wink:
    Okay so here is the finished first floor, just in case I don't get done in a timely manner! @debjameswhite Do you mind if I change some things around like walls? I kind did that on the first floor but not too much.

Dusty Turf
    fa5a0b895c.jpg
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Ojenn I don't mind at all, if you have a vision go with it.
    @OJenn I just downloaded it and I love what you've done so far! I'm curious if you saw the link to the floor plan I used. I almost don't want you to see it but I wondered if you had and did your own thing or if you had missed my link.

Either way, I can't wait for little Kellan to grow up and live in this house!!!!!!
    @OJenn I just downloaded it and I love what you've done so far! I'm curious if you saw the link to the floor plan I used. I almost don't want you to see it but I wondered if you had and did your own thing or if you had missed my link.

Either way, I can't wait for little Kellan to grow up and live in this house!!!!!!

Oh I think I missed it can you link it again?
    @OJenn Hmmm I almost don't want you to see it now! I love what you did and I'm curious what you would do...but here it is :)

Inspiration:
    House Plan
    edited April 2017
    @OJenn Hmmm I almost don't want you to see it now! I love what you did and I'm curious what you would do...but here it is :)

Inspiration:
    House Plan

Wow that house is amazing! If only we could have circular rooms/walls!

I am going to place the lot I uploaded and start modifying things and show you every step of the way, promise!
    @OJenn I know! I would kill for circular walls and/or different stairs! I'd love a staircase that curved or even one that turns. There are so many building features I'd love to have in this game. Then I would build houses all day for you and @Heckstress17 to decorate :D
    Comments!

@carlimact - Malcolm aged up super cute! Your kids have all been great mixes this generation. Congrats on completing Dalton's aspiration, that can't have been an easy one. I'm happy to see Malia has her Mom's eyes. Have you picked your heir?

@Rawla - Sounds like 2/3 toddlers got rough traits. Fingers crossed Benjamin's childhood trait is a good one. :)

@debjameswhite - Hooray! The return of the dueling chefs. I don't blame you one bit for being afraid of having 5 toddlers. I'm glad you caught the mistake with Kenza and exited without saving to fix it. The extra chef pics didn't hurt either. I totally thought Kenza would be all for running away with her boss, she proved us both wrong. Kinda disappointed, I still want Greysen to have better lol. It was nice to see Bryan again. It's easy to forget about the younger Wolfe boys with all the excitement with Lawrence, Edan and even Savannah. It was also nice to see the remaining Lawrence kids at the party. Then there's Lawrence being very much like his Father and sticking around to help cleanup and be a great friend. I love the pic of him passed out next to his little guy. It's so adorable how toddlers sleep on the floor. The next house is bigger then what I've played with so far so I think I'll have a butler. Hopefully one that'll become like part of the family like Blaze. Great update! Loved all the adorable pics of the men and interacting with the toddlers. :love:

Also, I'm dying to see the collaborative house in my game, but I think I'm gonna wait until @OJenn finishes decorating. Otherwise I'm gonna wanna start landscaping and I'll have to redo it once she finishes lol! I'm super curious though. I keep looking at the floorplan Deb linked and getting excited. :) I've got some ideas for the backyard but I don't know if I'll have the room to pull it off. Time will tell!

@yunanesca - Thanks! I'm really happy with how the wedding venue turned out. Good luck tracking Preston's spouse down. I've had to track a few down myself.

@JBAG521 - Honeymooning in Granite Falls was a great idea. You got some really great pictures, especially the one of the waterfall. I've had that problem with hospital births. I've gotten so annoyed with it I don't even take my sims to the hospital anymore. Welcome Luna and Hermione! I'm a big Harry Potter fan so I love their names!
    @Heckstress17 - I am planning to spend most of the day tomorrow working on it, I have to go out of town for work and I want to have it done for you and @debjameswhite before I leave.
    @Heckstress17 - I am planning to spend most of the day tomorrow working on it, I have to go out of town for work and I want to have it done for you and @debjameswhite before I leave.

Have fun! Like I said though, don't worry about getting it done fast. I thought we'd be working on it for at least a few weeks anyways.
    @Heckstress17 I thought the house was a little big too. I tried to make sure I left you some room but I know it wasn't a lot. I probably should have kept looking but that house was calling to me. It would have been better on a huge lot! I'm still not 100% on it...I do like it and seeing what @Ojenn did makes me love it more. Especially when she uses things I always forget to use :)

I know what you mean about wanting better for Lawrence (I think that's what you meant). I do too. When Kenza isn't there it's so nice that no one is destroying things in the house and throwing fits. I would love to see him with someone who really loves him and I don't know who that is. It's sad because Lawrence really is one of my favorite sims ever. I may save him and put him with Mira in a future game!!!
    Wedding Update! It's a big one because it's my first Oasis Springs wedding and it turned out really well. I took a ton of pics that I can't seem to cut down on :lol:

The big day finally arrived for Mira and Kalvin. They had some private moments together while the guest were finding their seats.
    ewZt86k.png
    IjHPfwI.png

I think Mira looked beautiful, any lingering heir regret I might of had is gone.
    EFORrjk.png
    f9oi4A9.png

Kalvin was super confident and absolutely thrilled to be marrying the girl of his dreams.
    c9ZUOG0.png

I might be crazy but I think they fixed the confetti and now it falls at the right time. Every other wedding I've had the confetti fell too late.
    2aiyKJZ.png

I was super happy because most of the guest were actually sitting during the ceremony. Well except for the bartender, but he wasn't really invited anyways lol
    MIiR5Sq.png

<3
    wu8g52v.png

The newlyweds! My graphics card decided to be nice and my game looked much better then it usually does lol it was weird.
    C2xCYcm.png

After the ceremony Mira immediately went up to Jade and excitedly asked to feel the babies.
    NrGdUBs.png

I think she's able to enjoy the thought of being an Aunt more now that she's married.
    yqFKeyz.png

Upstairs the reception began and I was excited for them to cut the cake and start the celebration.
    hrRJzrR.png

The newlyweds sharing the first bite of cake is always so cute. (Love the color of the sky in background)
    OA86guB.png

But for whatever reason they didn't share their cake :disappointed: They just sat down and started stuffing their faces :lol:
    1Rdbvlh.png

Thankfully the caterer made a second cake and I did end up getting my cute pics.
    5DDvzJA.png
    2nJ4oU5.png

And yes, that is Jade passed out in the background of that last pic lol poor girl. I'm surprised she didn't go into labor during the party.
    8l0b5Vn.png

Mira's BFF was there. I'd like to think if we could have maids of honor, and best men, that Caeden would've been her main of honor. Her man of honor, if you will lol
    vavOOWw.png

I sense a bit of jealousy from Kalvin. Anytime Caeden's around he makes sure to pay extra attention to his wife.
    2PHM33S.png

Clearly Mira loves the attention.
    norjDqq.png

The party was really great and everyone had a lot of fun. Mira got to sing karaoke with her twin.
    8aRQ8Lx.png

She and Kira weren't very good, but they had a blast anyways.
    7xDLEQJ.png

And Kalvin enjoyed himself. He entertained the wedding guest with his jokes. Jade woke up long enough to hear some pretty good ones with her husband.
    oLHJhpU.png

All in all this was one of the best wedding's I've had in TS4. It was a great way to really kick off generation 2. :smiley:
    hsjHGii.png
    Such a beautiful wedding! <3
    @Heckstress17 I want to do better comments tomorrow but I can't go to bed without saying something! I loved the wedding!! I'm so glad you couldn't cut out any pictures! First I read the update then I went back and looked at all the pictures again. I know I say it often, but I love seeing my Lawrences in your game. I hope when I get some of your characters in my game it gives you the same satisfaction :)
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Heckstress17 I've chosen Malia since she has such lovely peepers. :smile:
    I meant to play a bit today but life got in the way. Fingers crossed for tomorrow since I have a short shift at work.
    Dalton's aspiration is half the reason why I chose the scientist career. There's a lot of collecting involved and I thought it would cut my searching in half. I'm still in search of all those MySims trophies though!
    edited April 2017
    @debjameswhite @Heckstress17 - Not sure what I did but let me know if it's too much. I was trying to do the rounded thing that was in the pictures. Let me know if I need to change anything. You might notice these pictures look a bit different from my normal ones, that's because I turned off reshade so I could show you guys better what it would look like in your games. I didn't want to mess up any colors because of reshade. Long post incoming, prepare for spam

House link

FIRST FLOOR
    fced98f5e7.jpg

240bbfbde4.jpg

924fc437a6.jpg
    Behold the completely unnecessary garage!
    61ac6bfb89.jpg

34fdee6da6.jpg

e7c2a6562f.jpg

6b0767b330.jpg

7555666d4e.jpg

51616ae4bf.jpg

caffb47304.jpg

8afdb94bf1.jpg

b54404dc14.jpg

Entry to the enterainment space complete with a bar and karaoke machine
    d4d5ecac4d.jpg

f0edee9eb4.jpg

I really liked the idea of an outdoor kitchen type space so I kept it, might need to come back in with some cc items I have.
    408d99493c.jpg

And this is my favorite room in the entire house I really like how it turned out
    615b948974.jpg

I did play test this and sims can get in and out of the tub and shower (and even sit in the chair)
    d230f80a6e.jpg

0b1b20e790.jpg

SECOND FLOOR
    4721e53fcd.jpg

85abec1f60.jpg

285d36868f.jpg

A toddler room, tried to keep colors nuetral
    6349caeb32.jpg

1fb641dc29.jpg

b44d1990ef.jpg

A very blue study
    07ac56bfac.jpg

169cd22dbf.jpg

50ef6c4c56.jpg

a0d08d05bc.jpg

8d00150a72.jpg

And finally my two favorite spots in the house, I may have gotten a little carried away!
    c97391fbed.jpg

d9adf8240e.jpg

There is however one little surprise in the basement
    d147a37df7.jpg
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @Ojenn Love the house!
    @Ojenn - Just...wow! I love what you've done. This collaboration is amazing! I can't wait for the landscaping now.
    @JBAG521 The pics at Granite Falls were awesome. I love seeing people go on vacation there :) It's too bad about the hospital glitching. I hate it wen it doesn't work right. Twin girls! Nice...I don't think I've ever gotten twin girls now that I think about it! It's always boys or mixed :)

@Heckstress17 OK real wedding comments now :) I love your wedding venue. It fits with Oasis Springs so well. Mira was absolutely beautiful. I'm happy you picked her as heir even if I was crushing super hard on her and Caeden :) I love him with Kira too! The wedding pictures of Mira and Kalvin were awesome. I loved the one where her eyes are closed while he's kissing her and I also loved the one where you said he was super confident. Silly Kalvin...don't be jealous. Caeden loves his wife :) Awesome awesome pictures. What a great wedding :)

@OJenn Wow!! I love every room you decorated. It is odd though when you build a house and you have a certain idea in your head about what rooms are and then they don't become those rooms. I can't decide how I feel about it! I do love everything you did though. I think I feel a little bad that the beautiful bathroom you made downstairs which is absolutely stunning isn't part of a master suite anymore but I love that you put in a karaoke bar there! I do like how you gave more shape to the upstairs, that was bothering me but when I built the house I was picturing bedrooms only on that side and then game room and bar on the other side so I really like how you altered that. The only room I'm not 100% sure on is the garage, I liked the bedroom you had down there before but again I think that's just because I built the house with certain rooms in mind...that bedroom in my mind was actually a living room! Although I do like there's a work bench in there though. I think that's funny and awesome and exactly what happens when you collaborate. I write with a partner and that kind of thing happens all the time, so I love it. Now to see what @Heckstress17 does with the landscaping!!

Oh and I can't wait to actually download it and see what's in the basement!!!!

I don’t have much of an UPDATE this time but the pictures were cute so I’m sharing.
    uiBuo.jpg
    Chapter 38: Random Thoughts

I just can’t resist these little guys when they’re all hanging out having their little baby conversations. It’s the best thing about suffering through the multi-curse.
    vxkgT.png
    vxkhr.png

So I saw this really cute guy at the gym and I was like ooo what sim is that?? And then I realized it was the sim I created to try and lure Kenza away from Lawrence. I may have failed but he is a cutie!
    vxki2.png

Back at home Greysen was offering some comfort to the angelic Kellan. It’s true love when you can still hug a kid in a stinky diaper :)
    vxkl9.png

Meanwhile poor Lawrence has passed out in another location. At least this looks more comfortable then the floor.
    vxkoF.png

Kellan and Ferris enjoying their secret baby language.
    vxkr5.png

Now Dad, Grandpa and Greysen have all joined in :) Lawerence...don't eat that food, it's spoiled.
    vxktf.png

There was a switch in butlers again so Blaze Smiley called and asked Greysen to meet him for breakfast. I love this butler so much I had him go.
    vxkvm.png

Have any of you seen the movie Warcraft based on the game World of Warcraft? Blaze reminds me of Khadgar so much and that’s why I’m fangirling all over him!!!
    vxkxE.png