Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @Heckstress17 Lily is so cute :) is her hair CC? Don't think i've ever seen that one before, unless I'm blind lol :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    I'm loving all the updates! Everyone's kids are so cute. I have an update to post, but I'll do it when I wake up -- it's 4am, I need to go to sleep before my parents wake up and realize I've been up playing Sims all night. XD
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    Keenan is definitely a scamp. I sent him out to make some friends, and 15 seconds later he was in a fight.....ugh. But he is super helpful around the house and cleans all the time. I am on my way to baby # 2! I think I am going to switch back and forth on gender for heirs. Since I can kind of choose on Gen 1 well see what comes up, but next generation heir will be the opposite gender of the previous. This will force me to play a male sim, which I never do! I actually just killed of my husband in my story cause I never actually played him lol I just send him to work, fed him and sent him to bed.

Everyones families look great.
    Lily looks like a little handful.
    I love the look on Romeos face while hes playing cards. Great smirk!! He must have a good hand.

[img][/img]2pz9wg6.jpg

[img][/img]a4o94i.jpg
    \
    [img][/img]j6u3xj.jpg

[img][/img]107ktad.jpg

Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
    Woo hoo I rememberd to post it !! Yay me o:)
    @Selarono 🐸🐸🐸🐸 @ that green kids ears. They are off the heezy.

Guess who is expecting again! :) Aponi found out she is pregnant with the couples 2nd baby (woohoo!). I didn't have the patience to wait for them to roll the want to have another baby. It was taking too long LOL! Does anyone actually know how often this happens? It only happens for me when the couple do not have a child yet.. I havn't actually seen it pop up once they have had 1 child.. although I think it's possible.

5jzgg7.png

I have Aponi & Jay working on their skills and hope to have both of them reach level 10 in their careers by the time they are adults.. if not at least half-way though their adulthood I'd like to have them at level 10. Aponi is currently lvl 4 in the astronaut career and Jay is lvl 4 in the athlete career. Jay is almost an adult so fingers crossed he gets to at least level 5 before his birthday... He works out every morning and I can finally see that it is paying off. I started with him only half-way for both body fat and fitness :)

2h7jjtc.png

Romeo is growing his group of friends in order to complete his social butterfly aspiration. I may have to put the lifespan onto long until it's completed because I want to max his skills AND complete his aspiration AND get him good grades but I don't think he can do that in 7 days.

2yx3lp3.png
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Tellex - Its always nice to see a sim's hard work pay off, I tend to start my athlete sims off pretty chubby just to see a huge transformation. And little Romeo has quite the following there with his little group of friends.

Selarono - I almost always rarely play males either, that's a really unique way to go about it. Trying to play out every aspect of the game can be quite fun and keep me entertained, that's for sure.

@Heckstress17 - Ahhhh your avi is soooo pretty!!!! The family is looking well too :wink: I just love when sims are so much in love like that. Makes it easy to keep the family growing! And Lily seems to be a nice little blend of her parents.

@JordanNicoleJJ - Yeah, you know I love to write stories for my sims based on chats we've had in the other thread. Part of the reason I really want to bring this challenge back was so that I could have something to play, in the sims, that was just for fun. I know @Heckstress17 and I had loads of fun when we played this challenge back for TS3. Its a nice little break in between story writing :smile:

Glad to see everyone is having fun with this! I am hanging out with my fiancé this Labor Day weekend since he is off work. (which basically never happens) But I will be back in the swing of things come Tuesday, so anxious to play my family again and get some more family members in the town again.

edited September 2015
    @Tellex re. Try for Baby whims -- it completely depends on the traits/aspirations. I'm playing a Big Happy Family Sim in my BuildNewcrest challenge right now, and he rolled the whim every time his wife wasn't pregnant. I've noticed the family aspirations and Family-oriented trait spawn Try for Baby whims more often than other Sims, but they still might only roll it two or three times -- no guarantee of a big family. I had a Clumsy, Loner, Foodie Sim in my main legacy who also rolled the whim every time his wife wasn't pregnant, but I don't know what caused it. It might just be a random thing in certain Sims. Lastly, I don't think it's possible for a Hates Children Sim to roll Try for Baby...but I've only played one, and she never had a family aspiration. I'd like to do more playtesting with Hates Children + Family aspirations, so I'm especially excited to play one of my rolls for Gen 2 (Mean, Gloomy, Hates Children -- Successful Lineage, lmao. I told you Young Simoleon's kids are holy terrors.)

Speaking of Young Simoleon (*cough* I mean Tyrone...sometimes I forget his actual name...whoops), that's what my update is about! I switched over to their household for about two Sim-weeks.

09-06-15_10-57c2a0am.png
    That smoulder. *swoon*

babytime.png
    Mei must've thought so too, because she rolled this whim after a string of (autonomous) romantic interactions.

failed.png
    And...it didn't take. Poor baby. I figured I would have them try again, because with them both being career-oriented, who knows when they'll roll the whim again. >.<

09-06-15_11-08c2a0am.png
    The next try took! A baby is on the way!

09-06-15_10-31c2a0am.png
    The pregnancy flew by; Ty actually did the fist-pump animation when Mei told him the good news. He worked on his skills (Piano 4, Guitar 3, and Mixology 2...his choice) and got promoted in his career (level 2, lol)

09-06-15_12-51c2a0pm.png
    Mei loved the pregnancy; she rarely got sick. She worked on her skills as well (Charisma 4, Logic 3) and reached level 3 in her career.

09-06-15_12-52c2a0pm.png
    But, as much as I would like to pretend that everything was sunshine and rainbows, it wasn't. Ty stressed Mei out to no end by continuously catching the kitchen on fire.

09-06-15_12-55c2a0pm.png
    And that stress was piled on top of bladder failures (I promise I try to get them to the toilet in time...) "Get this plumming creature out of me before he permanently destroys my bladder!"

09-06-15_11-16c2a0am.png
    After a long, warm bath, it was baby time. I decided to send her to the hospital, because I didn't set up a nursery in the house. Turns out, you can send your Sims to the hospital w/o you (a year later and I just discovered this), so I stayed home to watch Ty's career progress. (If I go through a loading screen while someone's at work, they lose all mood buffs...it's one of the major things that prevent me from going to community lots a lot. >.<)

09-06-15_1-08c2a0pm.png
    Without influencing, a baby boy! Are you plumming kidding me?! Of course, because I made the kid's room a "girl" room. -.- Whatever, the room is staying.

09-06-15_1-08c2a0pm.png
    Meet Marlon Jackson, Mean Artistic Prodigy.

marlon-ch.png
    He's a good mix of the two, I think. His skintone is half-way between his two parents', his eye shape is Dad's but color is Mom's, his nose is Mom's, his lips are Dad's, and I'm not entirely sure on cheekbones/facial structure/jawline yet.
    @JordanNicoleJJ - You should totally put a sims that hates children with a family oriented sim! I wonder what would happen.
    OJenn wrote: »
    @JordanNicoleJJ - You should totally put a sims that hates children with a family oriented sim! I wonder what would happen.

I actually think that would be fun! If the sim I mentioned above (not Marlon, the Hates Children one will be the second male child) doesn't end up being the heir, I'll make him a nice Family-oriented girlfriend... >:)

The one Hates Children sim I've played actually didn't hate her own child! She never got Angry or Tense around her (though she was Tense through the entire pregnancy). She hated her own kid sister and her child's friends, but not her child. Kinda weird. Or maybe not...Idk. She seemed to really embrace the "legacy" thing after awhile.
    Building a gym and a museum right now, I'll post pics tonight! :smiley:
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Makayla_MakaPaka - I don't see any problem with you playing through this challenge on TS3. I'd love to see you join in! I don't think @OJenn (the challenge creator) saw your post before.

@JordanNicoleJJ - I think this is my fav update from you. Tyrone and Mei are my new favs lol The pic of her all preggo and covered in soot from the fire is too funny. Hopefully Tyrone steps up his cooking game. Yay for a baby boy! Guess it wasn't a glitch after all. Marlon looks like the perfect mix of his parents. Good luck with building the gym and museum. I desperately need to do that but I keep putting it off. Oh, and I think OJenn and I played a challenge where you had to have a sim with hates children, marry a family oriented one in TS3 lol it was fun.

@OJenn - Hope you're enjoying your weekend with your fiance. I'm glad you're getting to spend some needed time together. Can't wait for you to come back though! lol Oh and thank you! My avi is actually Sage wearing some new hair I found and love

@Selarono - That's a great first pic of Romeo. I'm hoping he'll have a little sister soon :wink:

@Tellex - Have I said how much I love the name Aponi? I've never heard it before, but after seeing your sim It's been stuck in my head. Hooray for more babies! The shot of the kids sitting around the pool is too cool.

I'll have an update tonight. A lot has happened in my game.
    Post edited by Heckstress17 on
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    Here's a build tour of the two community lots I made today! https://bloopersandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/rebuildwillowcreek-gym-and-museum/

Teaser ;)

09-07-15_3-39c2a0pm-4.png
    Get Legs Gym

09-07-15_3-24c2a0pm-2.png
    Modern Garden Musem
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    @Heckstress17 - yay! I'm a little swamped with work and my 100 baby challenge right now (I'm pretending I'm also not in the middle of an ISBI, 2 legacies, and another 100 BC...) but I'll start to clear out Sunset Valley tonight. And I think I'll also make 4 couples and rotate between them. Thank you for answering :)
    @Heckstress17 I hope so too!! If she has another boy I think ill cry!
    @Makayla_MakaPaka Sorry I missed your post in all the excitement! Feel free to join in just try your best to stick with the skintone rule as well and you should be set. I don't remember how well TS3 repopulated the town, or it even did after you clean it out. Can't wait to see your founder couple.

• Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    @Makayla_MakaPaka Sorry I missed your post in all the excitement! Feel free to join in just try your best to stick with the skintone rule as well and you should be set. I don't remember how well TS3 repopulated the town, or it even did after you clean it out. Can't wait to see your founder couple.

That's alright! There was a couple updates after my little post, so I'm not surprised it was missed. I'll try to make the sims correctly, don't know how much luck I'll have though. The EA story progression does all right, we'll just see how it goes.
    Ugh, No updates tonight sorry! I ended up with a mystery bad piece of cc which I just dumped into my folder....Took me forever to find it so playtime is lost. I usually put new stuff in the a folder Called "New CC" so if somethings bad, its easy to find...NOPE, dumped it in with my 4400 pieces of cc.....ugh. Lesson learned i guess. Your stories all look awesome! Updates tomorrow I promise. Hope everyone US side had a great labor day and everyone else had a great weekend.!
    Selarono wrote: »
    Ugh, No updates tonight sorry! I ended up with a mystery bad piece of cc which I just dumped into my folder....Took me forever to find it so playtime is lost. I usually put new stuff in the a folder Called "New CC" so if somethings bad, its easy to find...NOPE, dumped it in with my 4400 pieces of cc.....ugh. Lesson learned i guess. Your stories all look awesome! Updates tomorrow I promise. Hope everyone US side had a great labor day and everyone else had a great weekend.!

What a great idea! I will have to steal this from you, lol. Do you eventually move the new CC over once you've loaded the game and tested it to be sure everything is on the up and up? That would definitely save me during my CC binges hehe.

Can't wait to see what updates you have! I am loading up my game now after my Dragon Age-athon with the fiancé this weekend. Our families don't live anywhere near us so we mostly just spent time together and I made stir-fry. Pretty nerdy in this household :wink:
    That's alright! There was a couple updates after my little post, so I'm not surprised it was missed. I'll try to make the sims correctly, don't know how much luck I'll have though. The EA story progression does all right, we'll just see how it goes.

If you can't make them perhaps try downloading some sims that have the "look" of the specific ethnicity that I called out in the main post. And if you have any questions feel free to ask away :smile:
    Hope everyone had a great Labor Day :) it's almost been a year since I had my big 7 week trip to America and I really miss the place lol. I got lost in Wallmart (seriously that place is never ending) and my sister had watched too much crime channel and just assumed i'd been kidnapped and murdered LOL. Only thing i'd bring over to there is some roast pumpkin. I love roast pumpkin and the only pumpkins I could fine in the US were being used for Halloween decorations :(

Anyway back on topic :) Aponi and Jay have welcomed baby number 2! Markos Jones :) I kinda like when sim's have two boys.. it does not happen very often in my game and they tend to form this little brotherly bond. It's kinda cute :)
    339uj2u.png

I had to max my lifespan to long in order for my sims to achieve things in a good amount of time. Jay got promoted to level 5 of the Athletic career on his birthday so i'm pleased he has at least made it halfway through his career before becoming an adult.

I think after Markos grows up i'll have them pop out another little one. Only so the younger ones are closer in age. Aponi has the Big HAppy Family aspiration anyway so makes sense for her to have at least 3 children :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Oh and I have got to share this one for lol's... Romeo found out a trait for his friend Cornelius.. apparently you can be an alcoholic at the young age of 8

hs1big.png

Poor Cornelius.. has a complicated life ahead of him.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

@Tellex Wow, that's rough lol. Do you have an addon that adds different kinds of traits? ive never seen that one....my sims must be goody two shoes lol
    @Selarono I have CC traits which are pretty cool :) only downer is they wont be rolled in the generator for this particular challenge lol :( they can be found here

One of my favorites is "natural cook" because they only ever make excellent dishes and level up in cooking fast :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited September 2015
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Awesome lots! Wish I had the EP/SP to use that Yoga studio.

@Tellex - Too funny about Walmart. Anytime I go to a new Walmart I get a little lost, and I also watch too much crime tv, so I understand your sisters fear lol Welcome baby Marko's, I like sim families with two boys too. And no you're not blind! Lily's hair is cc. I got here.

@Makayla_MakaPaka - I'm looking forward to seeing Sunset Valley all emptied out.

@OJenn - My hubby and I are a pretty nerdy family too lol love it.

And now update time!
    Sage was indeed expecting her 2nd, and final baby. I like to just have 2 kids so it's easier to choose the heir, and I have to micromanage my families. That's difficult with more then 4 people in the household.
    09-07-15_9-36nbspAM%202_zps6ax7oigs.jpg

Everyone was very excited for the baby to come.
    09-07-15_9-38nbspAM%202_zpshsbtrgqg.jpg

Especially Lily.
    09-07-15_9-50nbspAM%202_zpsnxpkobfq.jpg

Surprise! Twin boys! :neutral: So part of me is happy they got their boy, and part of me is annoyed because that's the 3rd child I didn't plan on having lol But I love having twins so I'm over it. They named them Kato and Kasen.
    09-07-15_12-58nbspPM%202_zpsowmgl3lm.jpg

Lily is already a great big sister! This is so cute! I didn't know about this interaction.
    09-07-15_1-15nbspPM%203_zps3otvuu0o.jpg

So here's first born, Kato. He has the Artistic Prodigy aspiration and is cheerful. (I might be mixing the boys traits up I'll have to check.) I think he's really cute. He has a skintone in between his Mom and Dad's. Dad's eye color, but Mom's shape. And I believe his Dad's nose and mouth, we shall see.
    09-07-15_1-25nbspPM%202_zpswqjejdhq.jpg

and here's Kasen, who I consider the youngest child. He has the Social Butterfly aspiration... which I hate lol and is outgoing. He has Mom's hair color BUT unfortunately his hair keeps randomly changing color and even style. Anyone know how to fix or prevent this? I'm 99% sure it's because Mom has cc hair. Anyway's, he has Dad's eyes, and I believe mouth. He's kinda my least fav kid at the moment lol
    09-07-15_1-26nbspPM%202_zps0lxacpgx.jpg

They're both inseparable. And Kasen's a lot cuter in game then the CAS shot gives him credit for.
    09-07-15_2-12nbspPM%202_zpskiipyqbn.jpg

Kono became an adult and recently reached level 5 of his career. He's now a Sports star... or whatever lol He was very excited to tell his wife. It's adorable how in love these two are.
    09-07-15_2-21nbspPM-2%202_zpsdqdjtpuq.jpg

It was also Sage's birthday, so they celebrated that and his promotion peacefully without the kids.
    09-07-15_2-24nbspPM%202_zpst1xlljox.jpg

So they are officially done having babies lol I have a ton of pics of the kids to share, but I'll save it for my next update. Happy Simming!

Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @Heckstress17 Oh my gosh twin boys!! I love when the game does it to me and my family has no children but when there is already a child in the house its a little more challenging!
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm happy to join you all as I've done this challenge before during my TS3 days. I loved it so much decided I'll try my hand at it once more with TS4. Here's my pair:

Sihi Oosowee & J (Jameson) Huntington III
    tumblr_nu85axmRnK1stztwzo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nud80bA4S21stztwzo3_1280.png