The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Ojenn - Thanks for the compliment on the house :smiley: Question. How're we going about the community lots? Are we suppose to be rebuilding them ourselves and then placing them as we finish?

I'd like to see folks rebuild them, yes. Only exception would be to get a shell of a building and decorate the inside. For parks and things like that, build from the ground up.
    edited September 2015
    Whew! So I FINALLY got done with the starter home for the Bradely couple. I figured I would move them out when they have the first generation and build them a different house. That way there are starter homes for new occupants. (Other generations)
    **Pic Spam Incoming**

Sayuri and Derrick (ahh they are too cute together)
    77ee2ea444.jpg

Front view (I am placing them in what used to the Willow Creek Commercial District)
    09bf561c5d.jpg

Living Room (Small but enough space for now)
    9f860eff60.jpg

b7b4f841bc.jpg

Bedroom (Complete with his and hers desk)
    96a0fb5e83.jpg

a38ceab9f9.jpg

Outdoor space
    bfb5f2a3c6.jpg

The kitchen and bath are super duper tiny so I didn't bother taking a pic of those.
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    @Ojenn EKKKK! I LOVE your house your CC you used is amazing! you HAVE GOT to tell me where you found those desk chairs!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    Haha @Penguinwa101 I got it here, its apart of a cute little nursery set with matching rocking chair.
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    OMG! that is TOO cute!! Thanks @Ojenn !!! <3
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    No problem! Enjoy!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited September 2015
    OJenn wrote: »
    Haha @Penguinwa101 I got it here, its apart of a cute little nursery set with matching rocking chair.

@OJenn Stahhhppp, I'm trying to go vanilla. xD I'm so ready for a family ep now -- I need more baby/child stuff. As in, something (anything) other than the super generic bassinet (also, kid race car beds would be awesome. And canopy beds. And princess day beds. Like, freezer bunny with a princess hat decal on a bedspread.. Omg..I need to stop). I haven't even seen the alien bassinet in my game! *grumbles forever*

Update on the Gilchrists!

Well, about two minutes of Sim time into the game, Lee rolled a whim to Try for Baby. I thought it was too soon and canceled it out...*kicks self* No one's rolled once since. If neither rolls for it again before their Adult bdays, I'll make them have one anyway, because I don't particularly want to play any of these Sims as Elders (it's just so sad to go through deaths and semi-annoying to play big households and all).

In other news, they've settled in nicely. Lee is at level 5 in the crime career and the house is cluttered with stolen goods and baseball bats. Fantastic. Also, the couple has one friend -- Watson. He's Lee's brother from another mother and gladly streaks around the neighborhood when Lee dares him to.

09-02-15_2-16c2a0pm.png

09-02-15_5-07c2a0pm.png

Winona is on the third milestone of her aspiration; she needs to get Gourmet Cooking up to level 5 and reach level 3 of one more career to move on. She's currently at level 3 of the Scientist career, but I'm waiting until she gets to 4 to switch so we get the Chem table to help boost logic (reading and playing card games is taking foreverrr). She seems to be enjoying life pretty well -- work, garden, cook, flirt with the hubby, sleep, repeat. And of course, catch up on reading whilst using the facilities.

09-02-15_1-50c2a0pm.png

I was actually really surprised at their relationship -- I made them husband & wife in CAS, but WOW -- after only an hour of Sim-time they reached maxed out Soulmate status.

09-02-15_1-48c2a0pm.png

09-02-15_4-14c2a0pm.png

They're actually pretty cute. They're the first CAS couple I've played, so I'm not sure how this compares to other CAS couples. Anyway, I'm having fun so far. ^.^ Tomorrow we should have a nooboo/child...and perhaps a teen/YA the day after that if my interest holds. (I might create the other three starter couples and play it as a rotational game? Not sure yet...but it might be interesting to merge genetics and all that. Imma play around with the idea.)
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member

@OJenn Stahhhppp, I'm trying to go vanilla. xD I'm so ready for a family ep now -- I need more baby/child stuff. As in, something (anything) other than the super generic bassinet (also, kid race car beds would be awesome. And canopy beds. And princess day beds. Like, freezer bunny with a princess hat decal on a bedspread.. Omg..I need to stop). I haven't even seen the alien bassinet in my game! *grumbles forever*

I agree 100% with what you are saying here. I really hope generations will be the next EP. Legacy and family styled game play is pretty much the reason why I play the sims and have done for years. I feel TS4 has really let players down in regards to family game play. I refuse to buy anymore stuff packs, game packs and expansions until they add more generational things lol (yes including toddlers and pre-teens as an added bonus!)

Anyway! Cute couple, can't wait to see what their offspring will look like :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
    Tellex wrote: »

I agree 100% with what you are saying here. I really hope generations will be the next EP. Legacy and family styled game play is pretty much the reason why I play the sims and have done for years. I feel TS4 has really let players down in regards to family game play. I refuse to buy anymore stuff packs, game packs and expansions until they add more generational things lol (yes including toddlers and pre-teens as an added bonus!)

@Tellex Ironically, I wasn't a family player until TS4. xD If done right, I wouldn't mind toddlers; they could be EXTREMELY adorable with ts4 graphics. But I'm mostly interested in new items -- new jungle gyms, bouncy castles/moon walks/whatever they're called, swing sets, more nursery/kid room/teen room furniture, stuffed animal clutter, makeup clutter...my wishlist goes on. And don't even get me started on after-school activities (boy/girl scout clubs in Granite Falls -- can you imagine omg). There's a lot of great possibilities for a Family EP... I guess I'm just hoping EA doesn't release an EP with toddlers as the "big ticket item" and expect us players to be happy with it? I'd rather have tons of new game-play, interactions, and stuff for the current life stages than a couple of new life stages and nothing else. Let's just hope they find a happy balance. x)

@Tellex Ironically, I wasn't a family player until TS4. xD If done right, I wouldn't mind toddlers; they could be EXTREMELY adorable with ts4 graphics. But I'm mostly interested in new items -- new jungle gyms, bouncy castles/moon walks/whatever they're called, swing sets, more nursery/kid room/teen room furniture, stuffed animal clutter, makeup clutter...my wishlist goes on. And don't even get me started on after-school activities (boy/girl scout clubs in Granite Falls -- can you imagine omg). There's a lot of great possibilities for a Family EP... I guess I'm just hoping EA doesn't release an EP with toddlers as the "big ticket item" and expect us players to be happy with it? I'd rather have tons of new game-play, interactions, and stuff for the current life stages than a couple of new life stages and nothing else. Let's just hope they find a happy balance. x)

I agree that toddlers would be very cute with TS4 graphics :) I also think the babies should not be an object.. we should be able to strap them to one of those little chest capsule thingy-ma-doobers that parents wear so sims can multitask with baby. There should also be an option to click on the baby and change clothes, add little flower headbands for girls etc etc. There is just so much lacking in regards to any age group that's not adults. I sit there sometimes thinking "what now" once my sims kids have finished homework.. because all they got is the same ole boring toy box, monkey bars or doll house. They need more to do and more variety.

They do need a balance and I hope they don't add new life stages and half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 everything else (like they are known to do!). Adding new life stages is no excuse to slack off in other areas requiring much needed attention! TS4 is just very shallow in relation to family play so fingers crossed it is what they are working on next!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

I agree that toddlers would be very cute with TS4 graphics :) I also think the babies should not be an object.. we should be able to strap them to one of those little chest capsule thingy-ma-doobers that parents wear so sims can multitask with baby. There should also be an option to click on the baby and change clothes, add little flower headbands for girls etc etc. There is just so much lacking in regards to any age group that's not adults. I sit there sometimes thinking "what now" once my sims kids have finished homework.. because all they got is the same ole boring toy box, monkey bars or doll house. They need more to do and more variety.

They do need a balance and I hope they don't add new life stages and half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 everything else (like they are known to do!). Adding new life stages is no excuse to slack off in other areas requiring much needed attention! TS4 is just very shallow in relation to family play so fingers crossed it is what they are working on next!

Exactly! I always get so excited to age up the babies and see what the kids look like...then it's like, "Welp, that was fun. Now for the teen b-day!" One of the things I REALLY want is kids/teens sleepovers -- set up like a party. Goals could be pillow fights, gossip, tell scary stories, dance, watch tv, order pizza, etc. If we do get pre-teens, "crushes" would be cute too -- super basic romance like cheek kisses and embraces. They definitely need more objects, and maybe even some more aspirations...we just need more aspirations/traits in general. One for Wellness, one for Baking, a Dancing one would be cool with Get Together... etc. etc. Heh. Where do I put in my application to be EA's EP Idea person? Or maybe I should just learn how to mod... XD
    Image dump time! I decided I am going to play this rotation-style, so I made the other three founding couples. ^.^

As a recap, here's Couple 1 -- White male & Native American female, Leland and Winona Gilchrist:

1.png

Leland Gilchrist -- Aspiration: Chief of Mischief; Traits: Genius, Insane, Self-Assured; Career: Criminal > Boss; Mini Bio: the problematic pirate

2.png

Winona Gilchrist -- Aspiration: Renaissance Sim; Traits: Creative, Family-Oriented, Self-Assured; Career: Scientist; Mini Bio: the overachieving homebody

3.png

Couple 2 -- Hispanic male & Black female, Dominic and Deidre Alvaro

7.png

Dominic Alvaro -- Aspiration: Big Happy Family; Traits: Family-Oriented, Glutton, Romantic; Career: none; Mini Bio: the proud papa

8.png

Deidre Alvaro -- Aspiration: Party Animal; Traits: Hot-Headed, Self-Assured, Outgoing; Career: none; Mini Bio: the opinionated diva

9.png

Couple 3 -- Black male & Asian female, Tyrone and Mei Jackson

4.png

Tyrone Jackson -- Aspiration: Musical Genius; Traits: Creative, Music Lover, Bro; Career: Entertainer > Musician; Mini Bio: the wannabe OG

5.png

Mei Jackson -- Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy; Traits: Genius, Perfectionist, Romantic; Career: Tech Guru > Start Up; Mini Bio: the triple threat -- smart, sassy, and sexy

6.png

Couple 4 -- Pacific Islander male & White female, Hakumele and Charley Ho'opi'i

10.png

Hakumele Ho'opi'i -- Aspiration: Master Mixologist; Traits: Loves Outdoors, Creative, Cheerful; Career: none; Mini Bio: pina colada on the beach

11.png

Charley Ho'opi'i -- Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire; Traits: Creative, Loner, Music Lover; Career: Painter > Master of the Real; Mini Bio: rebelling sheltered hippie

12.png

Just writing up that little overview of these Sims has kinda gotten me really attached to them...so...don't be surprised if I come up with detailed backstories and whatnot later on... >.> x) If anyone wants these Sims, lemme know and I'll put them up on the Gallery. Charley's hair is cc by Kiara, url="http://mystufforigin.blogspot.com/2015/05/chanceful-hair.html"]here[/url if you wanna download. (I'm mostly vanilla...I just can't let go of some of my Kiara hair</3)
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Awwh I would love toddlers as well, that talk about that survey that was floating around got me excited. I think there was talk of preteens and what not. I get so excited decorating nurseries and then I get sad with the minimal baby interaction. BUT I didn't know sims could breast feed, so that was a neat little surprise.

With the Bradley family being so close to the water (riverwalk) they are really just enjoying the outdoors. And oddly enough neither has the outdoor trait. I am thinking about building a market or grocery store area nearby with a little coffee shop for Derrick to enjoy. I kind of got inspired by one I saw on the gallery that had one side of baked goods and the other side was a fish market with high quality cooked noms.

5a23393fed.jpg

bafc6668f8.jpg

6092ab38eb.jpg

c4c7656a3e.jpg

I plopped one down in Magnolia Promenade just to see what it was all about. Plus I figured they would visit the neighboring towns for supplies and all that. Sayuri has really taken to the cooking and was very happy to see the grill I set up on the back patio near the garden space. She has rolled the plant something whim several times so I will have to set up a little garden space for her.

38a437fb55.jpg

428ec843dc.jpg

30c50847da.jpg

Sadly neither has rolled the want for a baby but I kind of want to get them to level 5 of their careers before growing the family. And I also want to build a park or library at least for some family fun.

@OJenn That 'grocery store' idea is awesome! Now I'm starting to miss the ts3 grocery store...ahhh, store-bought b-day cakes, how easy you made life. </3 xD

That's how I'm doing it too -- waiting til they reach level 5 in their careers before bringing nooboos into the mix. Or the Adult lifestage. Whichever comes first. xD
    edited September 2015
    @OJenn That 'grocery store' idea is awesome! Now I'm starting to miss the ts3 grocery store...ahhh, store-bought b-day cakes, how easy you made life. </3 xD

That's how I'm doing it too -- waiting til they reach level 5 in their careers before bringing nooboos into the mix. Or the Adult lifestage. Whichever comes first. xD

Yeah well apparently you can buy the dishes. Derrick and Sayuri bought one and took it home, it never got the spoil timer on it. I am not sure what thats about but its soooo cute. I've been looking up whole foods pictures for inspiration.

EDIT: Also kids clothes! I am in heaven...cursed CC so good.
    Finally finished building the Jones house :) I haven't actually build a luxury house in awhile because I like to make my sims build up to it, so this was kinda fun!

+*+*picture spam*+*+

Front of house
    ehfmq.png

The entrance
    2e34mlw.png

Kitchen/Dining
    b47qcm.png

Living/Lounge room
    2cnjea9.png

Main bathroom
    14xj529.png

Bar room
    4vpruo.png

Kids room
    68whl4.png

Master bedroom
    fxfapu.png

Pool area
    2i0srdl.png

There is also an ensuite, study/paint room and a little party/catering section near the stairs but they are way tiny so I decided not to include those :) I also have an empty room downstairs for a possible 3rd bedroom.

35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

@Tellex - Wowzers, very nice! I love the outdoor space, speaking of I really need to get those floaties. I've been meaning to.
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    1st picture update! :smiley: I just finished clearing Willow Creek and have placed the Kalai's new home. So here's a peek at that.
    So as I said before I went with couple option 4 (Pacific Islander Male and White Female). Here's Kono and Sage again. I changed her hair because I'm indecisive.
    FotorCreated_zps7luwol0n.jpg
    This is their home. It's a house I built and I'm super excited to get to use.
    09-02-15_3-43nbspPM-2%202_zps52z1mbqp.jpg
    Living Room
    09-02-15_3-27nbspPM-3%202_zpshxphthjw.jpg
    Kitchen
    09-02-15_3-23nbspPM%202_zps7cqa8gcm.jpg
    Dining Room
    09-02-15_3-27nbspPM-2%202_zps4i4mqnxl.jpg
    Art Studio
    09-02-15_3-29nbspPM%202_zpscclxj1wy.jpg

Obviously there's more rooms but those are some of my favs. Happy Simming everyone!

He is gorgeous!!

Everyone has made such beautiful sims!
    This challenge is super interesting.
    Hey @BBQPenguinWings, thanks for stopping by! You should totally join *hint* *hint*

I totally agree with the more kids gameplay mechanics. I love the scout idea and I really want with the dancing in Get Together for the kids to be able to do the dance skill too, I really miss the ballet for my little girls and boys. And kids cant do yoga? Such a bummer.

And for objects I have been kinda disappointed that in all the game packs and stuff packs, the lack of new kids stuff. I miss the treehouses! And the playing make believe. Its so cute when they stand on the chairs and are kings and queens.
    edited September 2015
    Hey @BBQPenguinWings, thanks for stopping by! You should totally join *hint* *hint*

I would love to but I have so much going on with my stories that I don't have much time leftover for fun play.

I guess I do need fun non story gameplay!
    edited September 2015
    I couldn't help but make all founder couples listed above. Two reasons: 1) I just love making sims LOL 2) So I could then choose which pair out of the couples I want to start with. Couples below:
    White Male | Native American Female
    1zei8sy.png

Hispanic Male | Black Female
    mrqz9g.png

Black Male | Asian Female
    330zbd3.png

Pacific Islander Male | White Female
    352iyc0.png

I'm leaning towards the first couple, the White Male & Native American Female pair (Jay & Aponi Jones).

I also have all couples uploaded to my gallery if anyone wants to jump right in with a pre-made couple :)
    My username is tellekinz - you must have CC enabled/ticked in advanced settings to see all couples.
    If you need to know where the CC is from let me know and i'll list it! I have also tagged all couples with #REBUILDWILLOWCREEK

Having fun with this challenge at the moment :)

The Asian female is GORGEOUS! She looks like my native i have in secondlife to RP
    @BBQPenguinWings thanks! :) I use to play SL too lol!

So Jay & Aponi have settled into their house. I turned the spare bedroom downstairs into a home gym for now as the neighborhood does not yet have one :p

Jay has joined the Athletic career and Aponi is striving to become an astronaut, I have both of them working and learning skills so I can advance in their career faster :)
    jjle0o.png
    dcbvus.png
    When Aponi got home she was playing chess, only to have a bunch of confetti burst from her belly.. let the baby makin' begin!
    5fr7cw.png

Jay is not home yet so he does not yet know the news :) I'm considering not using the money cheat any further in the game and have the sims work hard in order to pay their bills and buy new things.

35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Jay is not home yet so he does not yet know the news :) I'm considering not using the money cheat any further in the game and have the sims work hard in order to pay their bills and buy new things.

I was thinking the same thing myself, basically use it to get them set up and then not use it after that. Great minds :wink:
    edited September 2015
    Finally finished building the Jones house :) I haven't actually build a luxury house in awhile because I like to make my sims build up to it, so this was kinda fun!

+*+*picture spam*+*+

(image cut)

Pool area
    2i0srdl.png

There is also an ensuite, study/paint room and a little party/catering section near the stairs but they are way tiny so I decided not to include those :) I also have an empty room downstairs for a possible 3rd bedroom.

OMG -- where are those pool floaties from??? I need them immediately. That backyard is GORGEOUS! If you don't mind, I might steal that wall/arch idea for Young Simoleon and Mei. It seems perfect for their "celebrity"-like status. :sunglasses: