Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ - I totally agree with you and Tellex about everything you guys said regarding toddlers/kids and EP's. I feel your pain about trying to stay CC free. I played CC free this whole time until literally 2 days ago when @OJenn convinced me to come to the dark side lol I'm also the same with having babies. I wait until someone rolls that want, or until right before they become adults. I love all the new couples you've made. You're making me want to go back to CAS and do that same!

@OJenn - Totally loving all your pics. Sayuri (how do you pronounce it?) and Derrick are adorable together. Their starter house is so cute, and I really like the idea of having it as a starter house for the next generations.

@Tellex - Love your house! I'm with Jordan, that pool area is awesome. Looks like you're gonna be the first one to have a baby. Can't wait to see him or her!

@BBQPenguinWings - Thanks! I hope you find time to play. It's a lot of fun sharing pics and seeing everyone elses progress. :smile:

I built a Community park because my sims were going stir crazy... well no, I was going stir crazy lol So I haven't played with my family today, I'm hoping I'll get the time to later on. If I do I'll post an update!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited September 2015
    @OJenn - Totally loving all your pics. Sayuri (how do you pronounce it?) and Derrick are adorable together. Their starter house is so cute, and I really like the idea of having it as a starter house for the next generations.

I built a Community park because my sims were going stir crazy... well no, I was going stir crazy lol So I haven't played with my family today, I'm hoping I'll get the time to later on. If I do I'll post an update!

The English way to pronounce it is kind silly but its Sah-Yur-ee, I probably butchered that phonetic lol.
    I went a bit stir crazy too and I am probably going to download a small market for Willow Creek and decorate.

Also really loving the scenery in Willow Creek

a8e4d0566b.jpg

Also it's baby making time! And apparently time to build a new home, sheesh Sayuri!

be85680157.jpg

Post edited by OJenn on
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @OJenn I'm so excited to see this!!! I think I'm going to let go of my project for the Genetics thread and I just start with this. I'm so glad you resurrected the genetics challenge for TS4, it looks super interesting! But I think I will just spy on other for a while to be sure I understand everything right :smiley:
    Update Time!
    These cuties are getting settled into married life and their new home.
    09-03-15_3-40nbspPM-2%202_zpslydobxaz.jpg

Kono is in the Athletic career and has that matching aspiration. (I don't know the actual name, it was easier to remember this stuff in TS3) So he's been working on his fitness in their home gym, and jogging the empty neighborhood. :wink:
    09-03-15_3-26nbspPM%202_zpsxd2qacqz.jpg
    09-03-15_3-21nbspPM-2%202_zpst9jdtkwb.jpg

Sage has the botanist aspiration so she's been spending a lot of her time in her garden.
    09-03-15_4-09nbspPM%203_zps7rqsuct8.jpg

But because of money issues (not using cheats anymore either) she got a job as a chef... I think it's gonna be awhile before she gets a promotion.
    09-02-15_7-01nbspPM%203_zps8vxb79nh.jpg

She made gourmet fruitcake. Kono loved it, her... not so much.
    09-03-15_4-01nbspPM%202_zpsixlgr9zm.jpg

Kono and Sage both love the outdoors so I've been having them spend their free time outside. They're so cute :smile:
    09-03-15_4-24nbspPM%202_zpsgmcuhaak.jpg
    09-03-15_4-04nbspPM%202_zpscb3kz6cm.jpg

@OJenn - I wanna type octojenn everytime lol Anyways yay for baby time! I'm ready to see some babies in this thread!

Can't wait to see more updates from everyone! Happy Simming!
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    Sigh, would really like to post my starter couple but, im not a member yet....I have been spamming posts, but dont have enough points? yet. How do you get more points???
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
    edited September 2015
    @Heckstress17
    Oh my gosh they are so cute together :smile: Does gardening seem harder in this game to you? I feel like it was easier in TS3 dunno could just be me.

And yeah Sayuri definitely sped things up with that whim, she was days away from getting level 5 in her career. But oh well Derrick is ambitious and doing very well at level 6.
    @OJenn I'm so excited to see this!!! I think I'm going to let go of my project for the Genetics thread and I just start with this. I'm so glad you resurrected the genetics challenge for TS4, it looks super interesting! But I think I will just spy on other for a while to be sure I understand everything right :smiley:

Feel free to spy away and ask questions if need be.
    Selarono wrote: »
    Sigh, would really like to post my starter couple but, im not a member yet....I have been spamming posts, but dont have enough points? yet. How do you get more points???

I had this same issue. No one seems to know how many post you have to make to become a member. I would just recommend posting on as many threads as possible. That's what I did anyways. :/ Hope you can post soon!
    I have been a troll!!! I went from 7 posts to 30 today.. BUt now I need stupid points. Can I jsut say hi here 20 more times =D Or , I can link to my simblr til then
    edited September 2015
    Ok, My simblr is SelaronoSims dot tumblr dot com (cant post links yet either.grrrr)
    I will post them here as soon as I can.
    Bit of a backstory!
    Courtney and Kelii Tano'na
    Courtney came to Willow Creek with with her family when she was 8. Her mother, a Soldier, was stationed here as her last duty station. When time came for her Mom to retire, they loved it so much, they stayed. She met Kelii as a Junior when he moved here to stay with family so he could play for the champion football team. They hated each other at first, but the more they got on each others nerves, strangely they wanted to spend more time together. They had a lot of firsts here and had planned to set their roots in this town. When the disaster came and everyone left, nothing had changed, this would still be where they would raise their family. They both lost loved ones in the disaster and were now all the other had. IT would be hard, but they were up for the challenge!
    @Selarono I think its 50 posts then you can post up pics, I don't see a link to you Simblr though :disappointed: could you try and repost it again?
    I cant post a link...I wrote it out =D
    OMG ONE MORE POINT! Maybe this will do it!! Sorry for the post spam...
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @selarono I went and liked a heap of your comments to help grats on member
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    WOOO HOOOO

[img][/img]2dtro7r.jpg

Here they are!
    Thank you @Cbear13 I appreciate it! Im a full fledged member, after 2 years and all four expansions lol
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @jordannichole101 you can get the whole outdoor set (including floaties) from here http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-garden/title/summer-illusion/id/1307152/ enjoy!! :) The wall/archways are included in the set :)

@Heckstress17 thanks, I posted the link above for the pool area if you are keen to DL :) Aponi is in her 3rd trimester, I couldn't help but do a pregnancy scan to find out what they are having... it's a boy :) I might have them just have a single child for a little bit. Normally I pump kids out one after the other because I like having kids close so i'll mix it up a bit this time! pace myself.. lol! I might wait for them to roll a'try for baby'. Having said that though I do have risky woohoo so there is a 10% chance of that whole idea stuffing up :p - PS: Your couple.. omg the cuteness of them. They are so attractive too, you are going to have some good looking kids!

By the way, what life-span is everyone playing on? :) I have my game set to normal at the mo so I can focus a bit on getting promotions, building skills and eventually having kids study hard.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
    O, I didnt even think about that... I play with aging off and just age up when Im ready to move on. I guess it would be good to know if there is a standard.
    I am playing on Long but I have always played longer life spans. I may move it to Normal for the challenge. I dunno, there is a lot of building to be done lol.
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Ooo...now that I know there isn't a set "standard," I think I'll play this way --
    • Aging Off for everyone -- I'll manually age them up once they complete their "goals"
    • Children need to complete a childhood aspiration and get an A in school
    • Teens need to max a teen career and get an A in school
    • YAs need to finish teen aspiration (or start on a new one i/a), reach [at least] level 5 in a career, and have a romantic partner of some sort
    • Adults need to complete an aspiration and max a career (and obviously have kids before they get to age up xD)
    • Then they get to go live their Elder lives in autonomous peace, because I don't like playing elders. xD

I like the idea of working at my own pace like that. Plus, kids are especially repetitive-boring to me, so this will let me age them up super early. I'm almost done building the other three houses -- I'll post an update once the last one is finished. ^.^
    oo, question. How do you guys decide how many kids to have? I don't generally like playing huge households, but I want to have a ton of kids so I can see the genetics play out in different ways, y'know? I'm thinking 4 would be a good number -- 2 girls and 2 boys for each couple. I hate breeding my Sims excessively like that, but this is a genetics challenge after all... xD
    I seem to only ever have girls. In the last 5 families I have had, I have had 2 boys and one was a twin with a girl. Not sure why, its not that I mind, I tend to play women. Male sims go to work and sleep a lot lol. I usually move on after 2 kids, but maybe more for this challenge.
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @jordannichole101 I guess its personal preference when it comes to how many kids you want your sims to have. I turn into a breed-o-tron with my sims <_> genetics fascinate me so much I can't stop myself from making them have large families. these day's i stop at 4-5 kids but I did have one family with about 8 once (2 oldest moved out). It was fun but off the heezy.

I'm going to try base it on their traits perhaps :) my sim Aponi is a family orientated sim so I think 4 kids for them seems good. Maybe sims with commitment issues will have only 1-2 kids? Business orientated/ Ambitious sims 1 child?

@OJenn are there any rules against affairs or half-siblings? Say my second gen sim rolls a 'commitment issues' trait, can he have an affair with another sim from the genepool you listed in the original post? Or are divorces and babies outside of wedlock a big no-no for this challenge? :p
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
    I did a little build tour of the four founding homes over on my Bloopers blog -- https://bloopersandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/04/rebuildwillowcreek-founding-homes/

And here's a nice little teaser. ;)

09-02-15_1-04c2a0pm.png

09-03-15_7-54c2a0pm.png

09-03-15_10-51c2a0pm.png

09-03-15_10-04c2a0pm-2.png
    As the Ho'opi'i house was the last I built, I decided to play them for a little bit.

One minute she was rolling whims to buy easels and dishwashers...(literally) the next minute this lovely whim popped up! ("You give a Sim a dishwasher, and then she'll want a baby.")

baby-time.png

Young love... *sigh*

09-03-15_10-05c2a0pm-2.png

Just breaking in the hot tub...and shamelessly showing off the backyard. (It definitely needs more stuff or something, but I'm not sure what. :/ )

09-03-15_10-07c2a0pm-2.png

Toilet confetti! We all know what that means...

09-03-15_10-11c2a0pm-2.png

"Ey, we've got a baby incoming!" Well, that baby bump escalated quickly.

09-03-15_10-11c2a0pm-3.png

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea..."

09-03-15_10-12c2a0pm.png

I also just happened to notice Winona sulking by in the background. Looks like someone doesn't like sharing the spotlight... (Ha! Just wait til Young Simoleon Tyrone's turn comes around.)

09-03-15_10-08c2a0pm.png