Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3 download from Origin will not launch, only "Unknown error occurred" message

I just downloaded the sims 3 started pack from origin (it is also my only game in Origin) and whenever I go to play it, a pop up says "Unknown error occurred" and then the sims3 icon disappears. I am using an older mac book pro but I've never had any prior issues with games or downloads before.

Comments

• zurg2000zurg2000 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm using a brand new Macbook Air and I'm having the exact same problem!!! I've tried deleted Orgin then re downloading it, deleting the installer, and uninstalling the games to reinstall them but when ever i try it crashes. If you get an answer please tell me what worked for you!!
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Did you try waiting a bit? I get that error message all the time, but the game usually starts up eventually (sometimes it has taken as much as 10 minutes before actually starting).
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Did you try waiting a bit? I get that error message all the time, but the game usually starts up eventually (sometimes it has taken as much as 10 minutes before actually starting).

Your Mac's graphics are supported, the 2015 MacBook Airs aren't.

apple-signature.png