March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangely Unique Cycle One. A1 Scores and A2 up! Please check in!

LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
1zh1tlk.png

Welcome to Strangely Unique, a high fashion editorial competition. This competition is all about being unique, so flaunt your most diverse models.

This competition will run for the duration of six weeks including the mock and will be an elimination competition and will require seven models to start

The assignments will vary from bizarre, editorial fashion to normal clothes. Are you ready to be on top?
1zl66mo.png
CC or NoCC is up to you
Editing is recommended but not required
No photoskinning or face plastering
No negativity towards yourself or other contestants
You are allowed to change your models hair/eye colour depending on assignment
No redos
Please keep sims realistic looking
Extensions will be granted if asked for 24 hours in advance, and each will last for two days
A maximum of two extensions for each model
Deadlines are in GMT time, adjust accordingly!

If you have any queries surrounding the rules, assignments or scores feel free to pm me or Sophie.

vzxaq8.png

Your Preferred name:
Models name:
Headshot on white background, natural makeup:
Bodyshot on white background, purple dress:

Needs to check in:
Alex
E
Lemmy
Porkipine
DollarBill88
Mizzie

Checked in:

Assignment Submitted:

1juqer.png
I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
<3
Post edited by LilacErin on

Comments

• LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    edited December 2015
    30jk38x.png
    Posing with an object
    Welcome to your second assignment!
    For this assignment we would like a headshot. Your model should look very high fashion but whatever you do is up to you. One twist...your model must have no eyebrows.

@esharpmajor you may use the picture you produced before you went away or you can do another, since it was a long time ago.
    Be unique!
    Example

None for this round!
    Requirements:

One headshot
    High fashion
    No eyebrows.
    This is an Eliminationround
    Scoring:

Photo Quality: /10
    Model Appearance: /10
    Creativity: /10
    Requirements: /5
    Total Score:/35

Entries:

Alex with Oleysa Verdile:

E with Melinda Church

Lemmy with Willow Wynters

Porkipine with Oda Wren

Dollarbill88 with Clayton Nibbs

Mizzie with Suyin Cano

<3
    edited December 2015
    1tapsn.png
    1st Place

Porkipine

Erin:

I love this picture and its definitely my favourite of the round! Your model looks very sultry and high couture. You picked a very interesting object and it looks great but there is one problem...it's not a full Bodyshot. Whilst I love your picture you need to make sure you read requirements! Good job!

Photo Quality: 9/10
    Model Apperance: 8/10
    Creativity: 9/10
    Requirements: 4/5
    Total Score: 30/35

Sophie:

Your entry is really slick and very good quality. I love your model here. She's really edgy like a cougar! You could have done some shadows where the hair is on her face, but overall it's a really nice piece and you should be proud :)

Model Appearance: 8/10
    Creativity: 7/10
    Requirements: 5/5
    Total Score:29/35

Total Overall: 59/70

Joint 2nd Place

Mizzie

Erin:

I really love this Mizzie! Her hair looks fantastic and her dress
    Looks so realistic. I do feel like you could've been a tad more creative with a balloon but everything looks very well put together. One problem I have though is that her foot is slightly cut off, not a big problem but I would've liked to see her whole foot. But overall this picture is one of my favourites!

Model Apperance: 9/10
    Creativity: 8/10
    Total Score: 31/35

Sophie:

Yours is beautiful, and creative! Although the ribbon of a red balloon is intersecting with her dress and some of the shadows are in the slightly wrong area. But, yours is beautiful and you never cease to amaze me! :)

Photo Quality: 6/10
    Model Appearance: 6/10
    Total Score:24/35

Total Overall: 55/70

Esharp

Erin:

I love this picture! Everything is very cohesive and looks stunning. Her eyes are especially enchanting an did love her dress. To me the lantern wasn't a very creative choice but it looks good. Your quality is a bit low in some areas like around your model where she almost has a white fuzz around her. But I do love this picture!

Photo Quality: 7/10
    Model Appearance: 9/10
    Total Score: 28/35

Sophie:

I love the dress that your model is wearing, I love how such a simple idea can be made really nice like you did by making the lamp a plumbob. The skirt looks a little funky, but ovarall it's an amzing entry and you should be immensely proud! :)

Photo Quality: 8/10
    Model Appearance: 7/10
    Total Score:27/35

Total Overall: 55/70

3rd Place

Lemmy

Erin:

I really like this picture Lemmy, it's very high fashion and looks so beautiful. To me the background looks very low quality and very hazy but your model is nice and sharp, unfortunately there is a green patch underneath her armpit which would've been easy to remove. I love the idea of a mask and it was displayed well but it isn't a Bodyshot. Make sure to read requirements, but overall you did a marvellous job.

Model Apperance: 9/10
    Creativity: 8/10
    Requirements: 3/5
    Total Score: 26/35

Sophie

Yours is very grand, I love the way that you have done two views, the only thing is one the first picture there is no stick on the mask, but on the second there is. But, despite that, you have produced a lovely piece. Well done :)

Model Appearance: 9/10
    Total Score:27/35

Total Overall: 53/70

Joint 4th Place

Alexis

Erin:

Whilst I love how creative and dark your picture is there are something's that don't quite work ~ like the dress and hair. Whilst you have attempted to draw them (which is fab) they are very whispy and need depth and shape. I love the way you used an umbrella but it could've done with being darker to suit the picture but good job!

Model Apperance: 6/10
    Creativity: 9/10
    Total Score: 26/35

Sophie:

Yours is really nice. I would have liked to see a bit more colour on the sim, but apart from that I can't fault it! I think that you will go very far in this competition, well done! :)

Creativity: 5/10
    Total Score:18/35

Total Overall: 44/70

DollarBill88
    Erin:

First off, I love the background but your model is placed very oddly into it and looks as if he's standing on a wobbly branch. Normally your styling is fantastic but here it's a miss. He's dressed very casually when I stated "high fashion". And the object! I feel you could've been very creative with this, but I can hardly see it. There are a few mistakes here but if you work on them you'll be one to watch.

Model Apperance: 4/10
    Creativity: 5/10
    Requirements: 4/5
    Total Score: 19/35

Sophie:

Yours is very inventive! As your model is a werewolf, the background suits perfectly. I also love how you chose a flashlight. It would have been nice if he was interacting with the flashlight or it was a bit clearer, but apart from that it is really good! :)

Photo Quality: 8/10
    Creativity: 6/10
    Total Score:25/35

Total Overall: 44/70
    <3
    Annnnnnnddddddd were open! :)
    <3
  • EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    Eep I love the mock! I wish I wasnt in a bunch of comps or I wouldve just joined! :3
    No problem Eli! It would've been great to have you.
    <3
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Mock looks super cool. I'm going to think about this, and play around in game a bit. I'm really wary of TS4 competitions as modelling seems so different than with TS3, esp. in regards to posing. This looks like it'll be quite challenging too! Maybe I'll just bite the bullet though... I'll keep you posted.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    No problem Joe! If you're having problems with Sims 4 modelling we don't mind you using sims 3. :)
    <3
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    JoeJoe11 wrote: »
    Mock looks super cool. I'm going to think about this, and play around in game a bit. I'm really wary of TS4 competitions as modelling seems so different than with TS3, esp. in regards to posing. This looks like it'll be quite challenging too! Maybe I'll just bite the bullet though... I'll keep you posted.

It's not too different, but then again, I'm only used to sins 4 modelling XD thank you anyway! :)

Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
    Anyone?
    <3
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Told you the community is tiny. :grimace::cry:

I have a few comps ending over the next few weeks. If I have time and this is still open I'll join. If not, count me in as a guest judge when you need it. ^-^
    Told you the community is tiny. :grimace::cry:

I have a few comps ending over the next few weeks. If I have time and this is still open I'll join. If not, count me in as a guest judge when you need it. ^-^

Whoa lol, I didn't realize that it was THAT tiny :( I am trying to advertise to the best of my ability, but there is only so much I can do without spamming and breaking rules.

Thankyou, we have got a couple of people for guest judges, but your expertise cold go a long way :)

Thankyou again. I'm sure Erin will reply to you too :)
  • CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    I would love to enter because this looks like so much fun, but I'm not allowed to post pictures yet :( *cries a little*
    edited September 2015
    I would love to enter because this looks like so much fun, but I'm not allowed to post pictures yet :( *cries a little*

I will reserve you some time, so hopefully you will become a member soon and can join! :)

@CazzTregurtha
    @MizoreYukii thanks for the offer! We'd love to have you.

@CazzTregurtha I'll put you on the reserves and I gave you a like to help you out. :)
    <3
  • CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    Ah you guys are the best! @ZapGirl @picklesthecat114
    Going to do some research into making Sims 4 poses soon. Bit rushed off my feet with work at the moment.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Don't worry if you don't have the time Joe, I hope things settle down at work. :)

If you need any help making poses pm me! I make all my own poses at the moment.
    <3
    I'm literally only working for a week, it's just the shifts are really chaotic - some are evening-late and some are early starts so I'm a bit all over the shop. Once Wednesday's out the way, I should be free again for a while.

If I'm at a loss, I'll drop you a PM - thanks!
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Bump!
    <3
    If this competition soon we may be forced to cancel it. So come on people sign up if you want to join! Sophie and I have invested a lot of time into this so it would be a shame to cancel.
    <3
  • SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    Seems cool I'll join :)
    ALxIrdc.gif
    Yay! Do you want me to put you on the reserves list @LemmyLouch ?
    <3
  • alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    I'll join this is interesting o.o reserve me c:?
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
    Of course!
    <3