Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyway to Create Custom Content on Mac?

I've lately been having boosts of creativity and always wanting to make CC. Except I own a Mac :'( Is there any way to create CC on Mac using Sims4Studio or something? Do I need to download Windows on here? If so, can someone please link me to a (easy and beginner) tutorial on how to? Or if you're skilled enough, comment an easy tutorial? I've seen posts mention BootCamp and Parallels but I honestly don't know how to use them (I know Parallels you must buy, I MAY be willing to but if there is a free alternative versions then YES PLEASE! $70 bucks ain't cheap!) Thanks!

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Do you have a copy of Windows? If so, there's your first battle won. Secondly, I'm on an iMac and I use Parallels which is obviously a program that lets me run Windows without having to Bootcamp my Mac.

As far as actually Bootcamping your Mac, you can either google the term for instructions or head down to the Sims 3 section to "Mac User's Best Friend" which is stickied at the top. It has links to threads which give you step by step instructions on how to.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • abbygeedabbygeed Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Do you have a copy of Windows? If so, there's your first battle won. Secondly, I'm on an iMac and I use Parallels which is obviously a program that lets me run Windows without having to Bootcamp my Mac.
    >
    > As far as actually Bootcamping your Mac, you can either google the term for instructions or head down to the Sims 3 section to "Mac User's Best Friend" which is stickied at the top. It has links to threads which give you step by step instructions on how to.

I don't have a copy of Windows :( Do you have any specific instructions on how to install it and which version is best for me?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @abbygeed Tremayne told you were to find instructions - "head down to the Sims 3 section to "Mac User's Best Friend" which is stickied at the top. It has links to threads which give you step by step instructions on how to."

Just to make it easier for you.......... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/579888/how-to-install-windows-using-boot-camp-step-by-step-instructions-with-screenshots/p1
    apple-signature.png
    abbygeed wrote: »
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Do you have a copy of Windows? If so, there's your first battle won. Secondly, I'm on an iMac and I use Parallels which is obviously a program that lets me run Windows without having to Bootcamp my Mac.
    >
    > As far as actually Bootcamping your Mac, you can either google the term for instructions or head down to the Sims 3 section to "Mac User's Best Friend" which is stickied at the top. It has links to threads which give you step by step instructions on how to.

I don't have a copy of Windows :( Do you have any specific instructions on how to install it and which version is best for me?

You'll need to buy a copy of Windows if you want to run Windows on your Mac. I recommend buying a copy of Windows 7 as it is cheaper and seems to run most programs just fine.
  • abbygeedabbygeed Posts: 8 New Member
    @Tremayne4260 Hi! Where do I buy Windows 7? I seem to only find 10?
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    USA or Another country?
  • CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    Are there no options to create CC on a mac without windows?

Amazon has Windows 7 available still. Or some other online Computer supply site (Other World Computing for example).

Are there no options to create CC on a mac without windows?

All of the programs that have been created by either EA or another third party are programmed for Windows OS only. Sorry.
  • kaila2276kaila2276 Posts: 8 New Member
    What if I have Windows 10? Or any other version later than 7? Can it still work?
    It should. No reason why it wouldn't that I know of.
  • ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    I guess that it's only possible to create script mods using Mac, but this way you have to get the decompiled python files elsewhere. Maybe it's still possible to do this on Mac, but I couldn't.

It is said that S4PE's components could be ported to Mono, so maybe this could be an option.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited July 2016
    @abbygeed Actually a Mac version of Studio is underway and hopefully Mac users won't have much longer to wait. The Mac version will, of course, include all the batch fixers that the Windows version has.
    Post edited by Jagwithtude on
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    lilonesub wrote: »
    @abbygeed Actually a Mac version of Studio is underway and hopefully Mac users won't have much longer to wait. The Mac version will, of course, include all the batch fixers that the Windows version has.

_orangemittens_ said that, in a post in the Mods & CC Tech forum.

(I'm the one who told @lilonesub ... but I didn't give her the link. Oops!)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15045824/#Comment_15045824
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard