Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS4 IDOLS : THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    Ooooh sounds super fun! I'll wait for season two. Super busy right now :smile:
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited August 2015
    @YJP19299 Once you've successfully saved it as PNG or JPG you need to upload it to a sharing website.
    You can use:
    https://www.flickr.com
    http://photobucket.com
    http://imgur.com

And several other websites.
  • flubber32c4flubber32c4 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited August 2015
    here is my singer !

name : valerie stapels
    singer age : 19
    origin-id : flubber32c4
    forum-id: flubber32c4
    slot Chosen: 9

WbEg6zl.png?1HHAjPZk.png?1
    Post edited by flubber32c4 on
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    here is my singer !

name : valerie stapels
    singer age : 19
    origin-id : flubber32c4
    forum-id: flubber32c4
    slot Chosen: 9

HcA2Ovs.png?1bvQ4ZeG.png?1

She is super pretty!
    He/Him
    Just wanted to let you know @Zita1966z that I will have everything ready in about an hour. :)
    He/Him
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • flubber32c4flubber32c4 Posts: 2,583 Member
    thank you @ironknight35 ;)
    edited August 2015
    SINGER NAME: Brianna Stacy

SINGER AGE: 18

YOUR ORIGIN ID: IronKnight55

YOUR FORUM ID: ironknight35

SLOT NUMBER CHOSEN: 3

Head-Shot
    [img][/img]FBjlcMw.png?1

Body-Shot
    [img][/img]M0ehxXb.png?1

He/Him
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    YJP19299 wrote: »
    Oh yuck, I saw we have to edit the idol in teh picture, but I'm horrible at editing :(

Me too... My Sims always have jagged edges and white outlines. It looks horrible :(

*Covers this in her editing guides*
    *Everyone continues to ignore it*

I read your guide, but I still cant get it to look right. No, I didn't ignore it... :)

I feel like in Gimp, the only way to cut them out is with the paths tool. It seems like a lot of work but it's really not. I feel like I spend just as much time refining the edges if I do it any other way. If you need to know how to do it, I can help.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    Oh yuck, I saw we have to edit the idol in teh picture, but I'm horrible at editing :(

Me too... My Sims always have jagged edges and white outlines. It looks horrible :(

I read your guide, but I still cant get it to look right. No, I didn't ignore it... :)

I feel like in Gimp, the only way to cut them out is with the paths tool. It seems like a lot of work but it's really not. I feel like I spend just as much time refining the edges if I do it any other way. If you need to know how to do it, I can help.

Thank you very much Leslie! Yes, I would love to know how to do it :)
    He/Him

First, make sure the paths window is open on your screen. Then you select the paths tool. Outline your sim with the anchors in the path tool. Make sure you're on the inside of the sim's outline, otherwise you will still have some of your background on there. If you adjust any of the anchors as you're going along, make sure you click on the last one you placed again before you continue your outline. Once you get to the end, you have to press ctrl then click the first anchor to connect them. Look in your paths window then right click on the path you made. Click path to selection. Then go to the top of the window and click your select drop down menu. Click invert. Then go to your layer drop down menu. Go to transparency, then click the add alpha channel. Then all you have to do is go to Edit and click Clear. If there are any parts that weren't erased with the original outline, like if your model has her hands on her hips, right click on the path you just made in the paths window and select New Path. Then you outline those sections the same way. The only difference is that you don't invert your selection with those. If you have any questions, let me know. :)
    GqsONVc.gif

First, make sure the paths window is open on your screen. Then you select the paths tool. Outline your sim with the anchors in the path tool. Make sure you're on the inside of the sim's outline, otherwise you will still have some of your background on there. If you adjust any of the anchors as you're going along, make sure you click on the last one you placed again before you continue your outline. Once you get to the end, you have to press ctrl then click the first anchor to connect them. Look in your paths window then right click on the path you made. Click path to selection. Then go to the top of the window and click your select drop down menu. Click invert. Then go to your layer drop down menu. Go to transparency, then click the add alpha channel. Then all you have to do is go to Edit and click Clear. If there are any parts that weren't erased with the original outline, like if your model has her hands on her hips, right click on the path you just made in the paths window and select New Path. Then you outline those sections the same way. The only difference is that you don't invert your selection with those. If you have any questions, let me know. :)

This helped me so much! Thanks!!! <3
    He/Him

This helped me so much! Thanks!!! <3
    No problem. Let me know if you need any more help! :)
    GqsONVc.gif
  • vampiirrevampiirre Posts: 132 Member
    Thank you for reserving me a spot @Zita1966z! I'll work on my entry soon, are the models all teens?
    If you need me to see anything then message me! My notifications are swamped

vampiirre wrote: »
    Thank you for reserving me a spot @Zita1966z! I'll work on my entry soon, are the models all teens?

All of the models must be teens. :)
    He/Him
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @vampiirre all teens for this one, dont forget still waiting on your runway entry to
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    your%20attention.jpg~original
    SIMS 4 IDOL TEEN HOST - ASHLY ANDERSON
    Idol%20Stage%20Ashly.jpg~original

Hello everyone, I am your teen host Ashly Anderson for this the first season of Sims 4 Idols.
    Throughout the season I will be talking to the contestants and some special guests to find out a bit more about them and hopefully to get some tips and advice from them.
    Once all the contestant slots are filled we will be kicking off the first challenge so be prepared. If I could offer any advice it would be to read the briefs thoroughly you dont want to be eliminated because you missed some information.
    Also remember to have fun, although it will be sad to have someone leave every challenge make sure you make the most of it while you are here.

So remember everyone dress to impress and will see you all soon.
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • ayedenayeden Posts: 73 Member

SINGER NAME: Katie Snyder
    SINGER AGE: 19
    YOUR ORIGIN ID: ayeden
    YOUR FORUM ID: ayeden
    SLOT NUMBER CHOSEN: 5

Headshot:
    RKIiukp.png

Full Body shot:
    uKDuIJR.png
    your%20attention.jpg~original

To all contestants and guests:
    Here is the link to the entries thread, here will be posted all the entries to the current challenge so you can view them without having to scroll through pages of chatter.
    Also you will find all the interviews held throughout the season by our beautiful teen host Ashly Anderson.

Please feel free to use the thread to chat about anything competition related.

SIMS 4 IDOLS ENTRIES

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
    Thank you @Cbear113 for all the hard work and welcome Ashly - such a vibrant presenter/host.

We still have 1 slot to fill though....
    @zita1966z I am sure it will be full by the time I wake up
  • JadeIredaleJadeIredale Posts: 96 Member
    Wow, this is neat! Once I am able to post pictures then I will definitely join because looks like fun!
    iqkbd3.jpg
    @JadeIredale we are happy to help you post pictures if you would like to enter while you are trying to get member status
  • JadeIredaleJadeIredale Posts: 96 Member
    @Cbear13 Okay cool! I just moved into my new house with my husband on base in NC, our stuff won't be here for another week I don't think. So if I am not a member before my computer gets here that would be sweet of you all to help!
    iqkbd3.jpg
    Do i take it that @Jaderedale takes slot 12?