Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else want more Sim voice options?

I've always felt the voice options in The Sims were kind of bare, however, better than most games, I'd really love it if we got more voices for our Sims.
Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Especially female voices. idk if it's just me but one of them really irritates the plum outta me. But wouldn't it be cool to have a few more to choose from :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes, I do.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I would like that, but it will probably be a lot of work
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • SoJazzySoJazzy Posts: 611 Member
    *Cough* And Traits *Cough, Cough*
    Still have two more years of high school, wish me luck!
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i dislike nearly all the voices in TS4, at least 4 of them
    but i also doubt that there will be anything changed or added
    such are the changes before the game release usually
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I heard that not even teens have their own voice anymore?

So now you have 15 year old boys sounding the same as 70 year old men?

Funny world...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    Yes! I want more voices! All my guys sims are sounding so similar now since I always pick the same style and only change the pitches by a bit. :confounded:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I've always felt the voice options in The Sims were kind of bare, however, better than most games, I'd really love it if we got more voices for our Sims.

I actually think we only have one male guru for voice in this game. Why is it that when the male sings in the shower, this little tune, see if you have heard it...'Thank you Rob for all you do....~~~' it is in the same tone and voice even if you picked a different deeper voice for your male Sims?

yes, I have noticed and always do the lack of tones, differences etc.

Like when any female laughs it is always the same tone of laugh for all of them. There is no longer a difference in their laugh as if they actually had different voices.

Just my observations.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Funny world...

They have different voices but they're by the same voice actors if that makes sense.

It's pitched differently like how they pitch Ghost, Alien and Grim reaper voices. Aka it's the same voice but different tone to sound like a teenager.

Still very lazy and their voice is exactly the same when they sing on the guitar from outdoor retreat as adults. The singing voice isn't even pitched.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

Funny world...

Weirder stories amirite? ;)
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.

Funny world...

They have different voices but they're by the same voice actors if that makes sense.

It's pitched differently like how they pitch Ghost, Alien and Grim reaper voices. Aka it's the same voice but different tone to sound like a teenager.

Still very lazy and their voice is exactly the same when they sing on the guitar from outdoor retreat as adults. The singing voice isn't even pitched.

Now that is being lazy!

In TS3, voices where what gave your Sims an added strength to their personalities, you had these very deep spoken masculine male Sims, body builders and the type and these softer sounding 'nerd' types unless you wanted to make the big guy sound like a smaller guy, it is funny to adjust the pitch :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Funny world...

Weirder stories indeed, chances are if they ever add toddlers, expect a recycled child's voice so expect toddlers sounding like ten year olds ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The only voice I like is the high pitched sweet voice on kids LOL. It's so cute I just want to rip my ears out :'(

I'd love more voice options, though. I usually relate certain pitches of voices to the first sims I've played with the same voice, so eventually, yeah... They'd all sorta just sound the same.
    The singing voice doesn't vary for voice pitch so my squeaky teenagers sound so manly singing but sound like the prepubescent scratchy voiced 12 year old when they talk normally... That's pretty much one of the only things that bother me about voices.
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    Would be cool if we can mix up the Voices and make unique tones like Brash-Warm Male voice or a Sweet-Melodic Female voice ;)
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

Funny world...

Weirder stories indeed, chances are if they ever add toddlers, expect a recycled child's voice so expect toddlers sounding like ten year olds ;)

Lol they grow up so fast ;-;

Funny world...

Lol they grow up so fast ;-;

Like I said, people need to be carful about them adding toddlers, I can sense a disappointment with them, if it ever happens :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SoJazzy wrote: »
    *Cough* And Traits *Cough, Cough*
    With five trait slots. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I miss the old child voice. I mean, I guess even the old voice actor sounded like an adult trying to sound like a child, but the sims 4 ones are really bad imo. Like they both just sound creepy to me.

For the adult voices I'm ok with the options, but I wish they could have different voices for the teens like they did in sims 2. That way they'd hopefully sound a little more youthful and you'd be able to tell a teen from an adult easily even without the age tag.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited August 2015
    The problem with more voices is they are costly. Every new expac if you need new voice work you have to call back your previous actors (or someone who sounds close). So there's like 8 va's, 9 if they have someone specifically for the baby. Some of them could have been doubled up on so maybe not that many. Many mmos deal with this by making your character silent but giving you different voices for your battle noises. I know Guild Wars 2 gives you a voice, but no choice of which. Obviously the sims isn't comparable but you can imagine how costly it would be over time. Especially if they ever add toddlers and have a voice choice for them.

All that being said, I would like to see them give us more options that are "simpler" to achieve. Walkstyles for example seem to have been forgotten. Traits as well. I don't think it's too much to expect new walk styles and traits in every expansion.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    The problem with more voices is they are costly. Every new expac if you need new voice work you have to call back your previous actors (or someone who sounds close). So there's like 8 va's, 9 if they have someone specifically for the baby. Some of them could have been doubled up on so maybe not that many. Many mmos deal with this by making your character silent but giving you different voices for your battle noises. I know Guild Wars 2 gives you a voice, but no choice of which. Obviously the sims isn't comparable but you can imagine how costly it would be over time. Especially if they ever add toddlers and have a voice choice for them.

All that being said, I would like to see them give us more options that are "simpler" to achieve. Walkstyles for example seem to have been forgotten. Traits as well. I don't think it's too much to expect new walk styles and traits in every expansion.

That's the thing, the so called 'walk styles' where one of their selling points but no one even mentions them anymore?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • reinadelmarreinadelmar Posts: 21 Member
    I see it's been a few years since anyone has commented on this thread but it is an issue that really bothers me in the game :o as it is sounds like the same male and female voice- just 2 that you change the pitch on. I understand it adds cost to make more voices but 2-3 more would be deeply appreciated!!
    When I engage sims in convo it sounds like the same person is talking to themselves, just with a pitch change- if I'm making myself understood? Am I wrong that I noticed more voice variety in past Sims games, even if you couldn't alter the pitch? It seems they have used 1 female and 1 male actor's voices and just thrown in a pitch change to mod the voice? I think it would really enhance the game play enjoyment if the voices didn't all sound like white, 30 yr olds. I understand, once again out of practicality that they must focus on key things in the game and there's a lot to consider. I just want to beg that they add a bit more diversity in voices, esp with consideration to age,husky voice, that kind of thing. It's just weird that in convo all sims no matter age and ability to change pitch sound like the same person or 2 ppl talking to ea other.
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    i think we need more voice to choose from yes
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I wish the elder voices were different. It's weird to me that an elder sounds like a 25-yo.
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,077 Member
    Gawd Yes!
    This could have been something new and improved for the game if the team would have put more detail into it from the start.
  • ramesteveramesteve Posts: 6 New Member
    I would Like more accents! It's really weird when you have a japanese sim who sounds american. Same with french, or indie, or mexican, or........