Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

XQ Showcase. Latest: The Art of Charm

Comments

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    @rosemow Indeed I will! In fact....

Gallery link: The Silver Stag Inn

hotel01.jpg

It's a restaurant! I replaced the Narwhal Arms with it ... Windenburg already has the nightclub in the harbour (Disco Alexandria in my game currently, or Discotheque Pan Europa in the original) so why does it need another nightclub, anyway. The Silver Stag also covers all of the functions I had the Green Lion (formerly the Old Quarter Inn) for, so that build is going bye-bye ... which leaves me with a sweet little 20x20 lot in Windenburg's Old Quarter for something residential.

Look at that front entrance. The Vampires pack really complements Get Together, I find.

Here are a couple of back views. There's space for outdoor dining and busking ... seriously, I think every commercial build that isn't a penthouse ought to have a busker's performance space. And maybe some of the penthouse commercial builds as well.
    hotel02.jpg

And there's a kitchen garden attached to the kitchen door. Because of course all the herbs and vegetables are grown fresh on site--ten seconds from soil to stew. That's how the Silver Stag got its third star on the Simichelin Guide.
    hotel03.jpg

Layouts and interior shots below the tag!
    First floor. This is actually my second time around putting this build together: my first attempt had the kitchen where the bar is now, and the bar way off in the corner where the kitchen is now. But there's nothing like actually playing (or playtesting) to show just how things actually work in game. A sim guest comes in, requests a table, and is seated; when he places his order, the waiter approaches him, then goes back to the kitchen. In short, it's more efficient if all the spaces used by visiting sims are gathered around the front entrance, with the kitchen and waiter station set on the other side of the main dining area from the front entrance.
    hotel04.jpg

Second floor. Three bedrooms, a small manager's office, three toilets, and one full bathroom. Well, presumably this inn was built before ensuite bathrooms became an expected thing in hotels.
    hotel05.jpg

Interior shot of the dining area. Yeah, I was going for a "whitewashed wall" aesthetic. You can also see the kitchen with the open serving hatch waiter's station. Another thing I found in playtesting, this chef's station (with the serving hatch) means the waiters don't have to go all the way into the kitchen itself to receive the dishes from the chef; and that, I think, makes it a more efficient option.
    hotel06.jpg

The bar area. In many ways, the Silver Stag is a more evolved version of the Green Lion.
    hotel07.jpg

And a view from above, down into the dining/areas. Love those double-height spaces!
    hotel08.jpg

Getting Vampires at the same time meant I suddenly had a bunch of unemployed vampires on the market, so any restaurants I made while playing with Dine Out came with nearly 50% vampiric staff. One of my early experiments was a poolside seafood restaurant with everybody (including the wait staff) in swimsuits and ... Count Vladislaus in a speedo ... CANNOT UNSEE...!!

(Why is Count Vladislaus working as a waiter? Doesn't he have evil vampire master things to attend to?)

One thing I must add, though: What with the super-fast zooming around, or popping up at your elbow out of nowhere to take your order, vampires (I'm looking at you, Caleb Vatore) make the absolute best waiters. That is all.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Your lots are absolutely stunning! I don't think I can even pick a favorite. . . I also love your redevelopment project! It was part of what inspired to redevelop my Willow Creek. o:)
    6riwm5.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    The Silver Stag Inn is a very nice Tuder style restaurant! :) The exterior design of the building looks great! Very nice front entrance area! The roofing, wall patterning and textures , greenery on the walls and flowers and shrubs on the edges of the building look very nice! Very nice kitchen garden! Sims will enjoy growing plants to use there. It is great that the venue has three simichelin stars! The flower boxes are a nice touches on the outdoors patio. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy eating at the umbrella covered tables. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the venue. It is great that by playtesting you were able to find more efficient setting up of the location of the areas. The open serving hatch looks great. The nectar glass picture is a nice touch on the wall. It looks nice how the tables and chairs are set up for sims to enjoy dining at. The red coloured floor rugs are nice touches under the tables. Very nice bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, or enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv. They will have fun playing darts or foosball, and dancing to the jukebox music! It is nice that there are upper level bedrooms, and a manager's office. The candle wall lights are nice touches in the venue.
    It is a very nice restaurant ! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful restaurant! Lovely design! Very charming! :)
    Thanks, @littlemissgogo , @rosemow , @yanti68 . I'm going to enjoy having this restaurant in my game. And @littlemissgogo , good luck with your own redevelopment project!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Fantastic Tudor style restaurant with a great interior design and layout. Really love the outdoor areas, beautiful and very well thought out :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks, @masajo ! It was quite interesting figuring out how restaurants work in the game, and applying that to the layout! One strange thing, though: while the sim you're playing does show up near the front door, random unplayed sims show up instead at the topright corner of the lot instead, to enter through the back door and wander through the whole dining room to get to the host's station. Well, I guess it's a thing specific to the Windenburg lot, and I really only care about efficiency as far as it affects the sim I'm playing, so I guess it's okay. Weird, but okay.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh the Silver Stag Inn looks great!

Love the different wall textures, like that red brick around the front entry really creates a unique look. It makes me think this is an old house made into an Inn, and that entry was added to the building at a later time.

The back looks great, and those tables with the parasols are just so charming, especially with the flower boxes around them. Really has that "old world" look and feel, like you just walked into the old part of a town.

The interior is great, I agree that those double height spaces are quite something! Oh, and I love you added the managers office. It really adds that realism! It's a great new addition to Windenburg, looks gorgeous :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Thanks, @Laebeth ! I love the "old world" feel of Windenburg in general, and I love adding to it. And the tables with the parasols ... I'm a fan of the parasol-on-bistro-table look already, and the base game already has a couple of good options, but the Get Together parasols have this unique hemispherical shape that I find especially charming.
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    The Silver Stag Inn is such a beautiful Tudor restaurant! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very rustic and charming! Love the wall patterns, and the door & window placements. I also like the chimney and the roofing. Your landscaping is so very pretty! Love the outdoor ding area with a chess boards. I also like the flower boxes and the tree, even the garden area at the side. And your interior, beautiful! Love the rich red color scheme. I also like that you added a Foosball table, an office, and bedrooms too!
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Thanks, @RyeCris16 ! That's effusive praise indeed. Good luck with your own WIP, by the way! It looks like it's coming along quite well!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Your lots are stunning! Great job!
    Thanks, @illusie !
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2017
    Wow, look what I have all been missing!

Love that you got Get Together and immediately got to work on redesigning Windenburg! :) I especially love your Buttonmasher Cafe, because while Windenburg has some great architecture, you are absolutely right, the café they put in is, well, a bit of a boring spot. Glad you stocked your café full of activities and love the look of the place, creating a great mix of "original" architecture with new and updated features, it looks great! And Happily Ever After just the result of throwing things together? No no, me thinks a fantastic architect was at work here, it looks gorgeous, both inside and out! B)

And super impressed with your Neoclassical redesign of Windenburg's harbour area! It always amazes me there are styles possible in Sims 4 of which I didn't know there were any elements available in build mode. Love all your builds for this project, but my favourite has to be Disco ALexandria. What an awesome building to house a nightclub! But really a stellar job on all of these!

And beautiful job on the Silver Stag Inn! Haven't tried it, but you are right, the Vampires pack build mode items and Get Together mix so well. Love all the details you put in, like the little kitchen garden and the one bathroom (no ensuites, sorry modern tourists :smiley: ). And hey, do I spot an off-kilter foosball table there? ;) Another fantastic build!
    Thanks, @Corwim ! That is high praise. But that foosball table isn't off-kilter: it's lined up with mathematical precision with the opposite corners of the carpet it's on.

Okay, I kid, it really is off-kilter. I'll do the off-kilter thing once in a while. Don't tell anyone!
    Lolz, no worries, your secret is safe with me. :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Congrats on the fave @Xinqun :star::star: I'm happy to see your Inn get some much deserved attention!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Wow, thanks, guys! And thanks especially to @Corwim for recommending it! I'm going to be away from the game and the forum for a little while, though ... in the meantime, good luck to everyone else on their building endeavours!
    Congrats on the Maxis Fav! :) Wishing you a happy time away from the game and looking forward to see what you'll create next after your break. :)
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Wow, Villa California - Just dropped that one in my new save. Absolutely beautiful build, good work - again!
    Thanks, @Rumpelstiltskin ! It's been a while and I've been inactive, so it's nice to know people are still looking at my stuff.
    Oof ... I've been away for a while. I don't know if I'm properly "back" yet. I've been up to my eyeballs in work, and now that I'm free again ... I can't seem to get into any of the fun things I'd been longing to do back when I was busy. Weird. But I did think I ought to keep my hand in and try something with those new conical roofs.

Gallery link: 1 Strawberry Lane

straw01.jpg

straw02.jpg

straw03.jpg

straw04.jpg

...and now I'm going to go hide again.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    It is great that you are simming again! :)
    One Strawberry Lane is a very nice home! :) The design of the roofing looks very great! Very nice exterior design of the home! The front porch entrance and upper balcony looks very nice, and the pink colour of the exterior looks pretty. Very nice backyard area! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes or have fun playing chess outdoors in the air. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior on the home! The pink and red colour scheme looks very nice. The floor rugs add a nice look to the rooms .
    The home is very nice! :)