Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Power of Three Challenge - Results up

LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Power of Three Challenge

This challenge is going to be fairly simple. In the picture below is the structure of the home, there are no inside walls and there is space allocated for the outdoor space. The layout of the bungalow is completely up to yourself as is the style of the home. Create the exterior walls and outdoor space as indicated in the picture below and then style the home and build the inside walls in which ever way you want.

There is a catch though. Throughout the home and outdoor space you need to use the power of three rule. That is a primary color and two accent colors. If anyone would like to sponsor, please let me know and how much you are willing to sponsor so I can work out the prizing.

The following is a breakdown of the requirements, the rules, voting and finally the picture of the home.

The Requirements
  • Must use the power of three rule (Primary and two accent colors).
  • There must be at least one feature wall but no more than two
  • Natural materials such as wood, stone, wicker and glass are freebies and are therefore not included in the Power of Three rule.
  • Please post pictures and a link of your home for community voting.
  • Landscape the yard and either include a garden or small play area or entertaining area only in the outdoor space.
  • Please also include your color palette (Primary and 2 accents with hex codes)
  • White is also a freebie
  • This is not a requirement but for extra space, you can add an attic as long as it is useable by the sim.

The Rules
  • You may enter only once.
  • Please post your name, a link to your wishlist (or if nominating someone, their wishlist and name), the name of your home, example: Modern Bungalow, pictures of your home and a download link.
  • Please do not put down the homes of others. This is for fun.
  • There will be no scoring rubric for this and will be ranked by an anonymous community vote instead.
  • Even if you are sponsoring, you may still join.

Voting

As Stated above, I will not be doing a scoring rubric to determine ranking, it will instead be done by an anonymous community vote via a poll. Based on the amount of votes will determine your "rank" in the prizing. Because of this ranking will be done as the following 1st-5th, 6th-10th, etc. This also allows those that are sponsoring to join as well. If you don't rank high, don't feel discouraged. We all have different styles and opinions. Just do your best :mrgreen:

The Exterior of the Home Picture

20466095905_1b0c6a7627_o.png

The Due Date for this Challenge is October 10th
Post edited by LadyEmillye on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    List of Contestants & Ranking

Here they are, the rankings for your homes. If you ranked low, please don't be discouraged. All of your homes were lovely, and I am so glad everyone participated. You are all winners, truly!

soocoolsim #1
    ZeeGee #2
    MotherSuperior2 #3
    KGaff #4
    Ciane #5
    Readalot1 #6
    ADWilson #7
    FoxyLovesKitty #8
    Challe #9
    SjappieLovePaul #10

@soocoolsim, you are our 1st place winner and are therefore entitled to a Gold World or 3500 sp
    @ZeeGee, you are our 2nd place winner and are therefore entitled to a Standard World or 2400 sp
    @mothersuperior2 you are our 3rd place winner and are therefore entitled to a Venue or 1900 sp

Each of you, please let @NagyGina what you would like to do with your winnings.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    List of Sponsors & Prizing

SPONSORS

NagyGina via the SimCareLine
    LadyEmillye

1st place - Gold World (if choosing Aurora Skies Gold - the standard & Learning Center will be gifted separately) or 3500 SimPoints
    2nd place - Standard World or 2400 SimPoints
    3rd place - Venue or 1900 SimPoints
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    Alright this is open, any questions, please ask.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Just doing this for fun.

My Color Palette:

Primary: bdddff
    Accent 1: 8f8c86
    Accent 2: 796662

W.I.P

20288433459_8e12e8e6de_o.jpg

20475088855_76be632568_o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Looks like fun. And I love that there is nothing to download to get started. :smiley:
  • Options
    :) A nice blank canvas. I actually forgot the feature wall, so when I get back from my trip I'll have to finish so everyone can see it :)
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    I don't understand the idea with the colours. Do we need to use only 3 for everything in the house except of nature colours plus white?
    Also, in the example picture you built another room in the attic, can we also add a second floor? Do plants and certain furniture count for the three colours as well? Thank you, it looks nice :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2015
    Interesting
    Some of your rules im not clear of, might be that im not english

It is rule 1+2
    The words for the color, i know primært is red or yellow or blue and specific her (though don't see them i your build.... with the light blue -so you might not be talking color In that technical term)

If White is free then what about black and the gray scale?

Is the garden also coveret by the color rule? And flowers, what about demo you can't CASt?

Feature wall?what's that

Do we have to build on a specific lot size?
    There is an end date, but what about time? With out that it is a 48 hours Windows as you got any thing from early newzealandsk, to late West cost us.

Really like the house plan, and the free wall place ment, + that it isn't download but rebuild.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    I don't understand the idea with the colours. Do we need to use only 3 for everything in the house except of nature colours plus white?
    Also, in the example picture you built another room in the attic, can we also add a second floor? Do plants and certain furniture count for the three colours as well? Thank you, it looks nice :)

Yup, just those three colors besides natural materials and white.

Attic is allowed if it is useable, like mine is. But no to the second floor. Plants are natural, so they don't count and furniture should follow the rules as well.

• Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    Interesting

It is rule 1+2
    The words for the color, i know primært is red or yellow or blue and specific her (though don't see them i your build.... with the light blue -so you might not be talking color In that technical term)

Is the garden also coveret by the color rule? And flowers, what about demo you can't CASt?

Feature wall?what's that

There is an end date, but what about time? With out that it is a 48 hours Windows as you got any thing from early newzealandsk, to late West cost us.

Really like the house plan, and the free wall place ment, + that it isn't download but rebuild.

What it means is: 1 color is your main color that is used throughout the home, while the other two are accents, used less than the main color. This is the definition of accent colors: "Accent colors are colors that are used for emphasis in a color scheme. These colors can often be bold or vivid and are used sparingly, to emphasize, contrast or create rhythm."

Just white, as you don't want to add too much in the way of colors for the home. There is already a lot as it is.

The garden is more like furniture or CAStable items that you can change.

A feature wall is like a brick wall or a pattern completely different than the rest of the walls in the room as a conversation piece or something to draw your eye to. Many homes use a feature wall where there fireplace is to add distinction.

This home will fit on a 20x20 lot at the minimum.

As for the end date, it's the 10th of October of the individual. As, depending on how many entries there are will take some time to organize.

I hope that answers all of your questions. I am heading out here shortly on a business trip so any other questions I probably won't get to until I get back and on my next day off.
  • Options
    Also, thanks for adding the numbers so we know how long all the walls are even though we have grids to help.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    Interesting

It is rule 1+2

Feature wall?what's that

What it means is: 1 color is your main color that is used throughout the home, while the other two are accents, used less than the main color. This is the definition of accent colors: "Accent colors are colors that are used for emphasis in a color scheme. These colors can often be bold or vivid and are used sparingly, to emphasize, contrast or create rhythm."

Just white, as you don't want to add too much in the way of colors for the home. There is already a lot as it is.

The garden is more like furniture or CAStable items that you can change.

A feature wall is like a brick wall or a pattern completely different than the rest of the walls in the room as a conversation piece or something to draw your eye to. Many homes use a feature wall where there fireplace is to add distinction.

This home will fit on a 20x20 lot at the minimum.

As for the end date, it's the 10th of October of the individual. As, depending on how many entries there are will take some time to organize.

I hope that answers all of your questions. I am heading out here shortly on a business trip so any other questions I probably won't get to until I get back and on my next day off.

ok so it is not primar as primar color, but primare as first choice/main color... and it could be purple (that is a secondary color)?

hmm to bad it isn't black or white for free (some mix would go better with 1 or the other) but I see the less color reason

ok so you just have to wait until the 10 is over all over the world with judging... thats easy enough to figure out when you take part.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Yup. I chose colors that tie in together nicely to emphasis each of them.

It's usually a good idea to use colors you can contrast or even one, so using black becomes a non issue.

I thought that might be easier on everyone.

I am waiting at the airport to come home, so I will check in later on the weekend and answer any questions.
  • Options
  • Options
    For anyone interested in this, but are unsure of the rules, here is a sneak peek at what I have been doing with mine as part of the 3 color rule:

20774311005_e13c1c18bd_o.jpg
    20151715064_c785662483_o.jpg
    20748049646_6584d04274_o.jpg
    20151713524_46012ecaed_o.jpg
    20151712174_bd53a05921_o.jpg
    20774306975_e2ee7074a4_o.jpg
    20587552239_59f762d706_o.jpg
    20587551629_eb472f9389_o.jpg
    20774305085_07407d4434_o.jpg
    20153336513_815c1d45d1_o.jpg
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    @LadyEmillye What you did looks lovely, I really like the colours you chose. I'll be attempting this soon, when I'm done with something else~ :)
  • Options
    Thanks Foxy! I still need to do the landscaping, but almost there :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I started this one today. :smiley:

Is metal also a freebie? And, what about the roof, as we have so little control over roof colors?!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Yup, metal is a freebie.

Roof and exterior can be any color.

Awesome!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Do you require an amount of rooms? And if so, which rooms whould this be? Like, do you want a baby room in it?

Greetings :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    It can be anything. You pretty much have a black canvas within the walls I gave you. As long as you follow the rules, you can do anything.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    edited August 2015
    Awesome :) I'll try to make something

Edit; one more question:
    With the white, is it only #000000 (or was it #ffffff, always gets me...) or can I use the color wheel?
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    You can use the color wheel for that. I can't remember off hand what it is.